Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552848 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4
« Reply #1440 on: May 14, 2018, 11:31:48 pm »
I would like to have a button (which launches the fe which happens to be gameex) to only be lit when the fe is not running..... how do you do this, if possible?

Using the Controls Editor, you'll need to configure an "Always Active" button on the Common Controls tab for each of your emulators <default> controls. There are a selection of "UI" controls and you can really use any but UI_CANCEL or UI_END makes the most sense. This support link should help: https://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LightMAMEUI
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

8trek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 04:34:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1441 on: May 15, 2018, 09:20:07 am »
my apology but am not sure you understand what i'm asking...  i want a single button to NOT be lit while my front end is running OR a mame game is running,... only want it lit while not in the front end and not playing a game.  If i chose to do as you've indicated selected "aLWAYS active" in all emulators... that would imply turning it ON NOT OFF,.... yes?

I've read you documentation many times but that's not to say i'm interpreting something incorrectly.  Thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1442 on: May 15, 2018, 09:54:10 am »
my apology but am not sure you understand what i'm asking...  i want a single button to NOT be lit while my front end is running OR a mame game is running,... only want it lit while not in the front end and not playing a game.  If i chose to do as you've indicated selected "aLWAYS active" in all emulators... that would imply turning it ON NOT OFF,.... yes?

I've read you documentation many times but that's not to say i'm interpreting something incorrectly.  Thanks.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. That's correct, Always Active would imply turning the button On, although you could set the color/intensity value to zero (0) and that would keep it off.

I'm assuming you want the button turned on when Windows first starts? If that's the case you could create a script or batch file that runs LEDBlinky with the Set Port(s) command to turn on your button. Or you could create a single frame animation (using the Animation Editor) with just that button turned on and then have the script or batch file start LEDBlinky with your custom animation. Then you would have Windows run your script on startup. If you also want that button to light up after exiting your FE, the FE would need to have a feature that lets you run a script on exit. Hope this helps.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MartyKong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2024, 03:47:47 pm
« Reply #1443 on: May 15, 2018, 01:03:26 pm »
Hi, I actually have a similar question. I use Rocket launcher under (other FE's) which works great. I would like to have all my buttons lit when LedBlinky starts with PC. Then games light up with rocketlauncher sending commands. Is this done using Control Editor or Animation editor?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1444 on: May 15, 2018, 01:07:03 pm »
Hi, I actually have a similar question. I use Rocket launcher under (other FE's) which works great. I would like to have all my buttons lit when LedBlinky starts with PC. Then games light up with rocketlauncher sending commands. Is this done using Control Editor or Animation editor?

Hi, same answer as above; you'll need to create a script or batch file that launches LEDBlinky on windows startup. You can have LEDBlinky turn on specific ports or you can run a custom animation. Unless you're starting RL on Windows startup, in which case you can just use the FE Start animation.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:10:12 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Hutt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2022, 11:02:48 am
  • I like eggs.
« Reply #1445 on: May 17, 2018, 07:23:15 pm »
I would like to have a button (which launches the fe which happens to be gameex) to only be lit when the fe is not running..... how do you do this, if possible?

I'm curious as to how you have a button on your control panel set up in windows to launch your front end???

8trek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1446 on: May 17, 2018, 10:45:34 pm »
autohotkey script which runs constantly looking for the keystroke

Hutt

• Offline Offline
  • I like eggs.
« Reply #1447 on: May 18, 2018, 07:03:51 am »
autohotkey script which runs constantly looking for the keystroke

Would you mind sharing it? Does it terminate the app after the program is launched?

8trek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1448 on: May 18, 2018, 09:16:51 am »
brief explanation = Key "6" launches the fe and will wait 9 seconds to allow enough time to pass for it to come up, script runs 24/7 and takes up very little resources, not noticeable on any decent rig.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

SetTitleMatchMode, 3
START:
KeyWait, 6, D
Process, Exist, gameex.exe
if ErrorLevel
   {
   Goto, START
   }
Run, C:\ARCADE\GameEx\GameEx.exe

Sleep, 9000
Goto, START
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:19:48 am by 8trek »

Hutt

• Offline Offline
  • I like eggs.
« Reply #1449 on: May 19, 2018, 06:49:33 am »
brief explanation = Key "6" launches the fe and will wait 9 seconds to allow enough time to pass for it to come up, script runs 24/7 and takes up very little resources, not noticeable on any decent rig.

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

SetTitleMatchMode, 3
START:
KeyWait, 6, D
Process, Exist, gameex.exe
if ErrorLevel
   {
   Goto, START
   }
Run, C:\ARCADE\GameEx\GameEx.exe

Sleep, 9000
Goto, START

Thank you.
I'll have to get back to this later when I have a little more time. I have a feeling I'm going to have a few questions.

Hutt

• Offline Offline
  • I like eggs.
« Reply #1450 on: May 19, 2018, 06:52:43 am »
I have the 4/8way servo sticks on my P1P2 joysticks.
They seem to default to 4 way.
The only emulator I'd ever need these to change in would be MAME. All my other emulators will be strictly 8 way.
And also a good bit of the MAME games.
Is there anyway to make them default to 8 way so they aren't moving practically every time I launch and close a game?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1451 on: May 19, 2018, 10:02:10 am »
I have the 4/8way servo sticks on my P1P2 joysticks.
They seem to default to 4 way.
The only emulator I'd ever need these to change in would be MAME. All my other emulators will be strictly 8 way.
And also a good bit of the MAME games.
Is there anyway to make them default to 8 way so they aren't moving practically every time I launch and close a game?

Here's how: Using the Controls Editor, click the "FE" button (in the middle) and then click the "New" button (on the lower right panel). From the New Control window, select CONTROL_JOY8WAY from the drop-down and check the "Primary Control" option. Click "OK" and then Save. That should do it.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

8trek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1452 on: May 25, 2018, 04:42:46 pm »

Sorry for the misunderstanding. That's correct, Always Active would imply turning the button On, although you could set the color/intensity value to zero (0) and that would keep it off.

I'm assuming you want the button turned on when Windows first starts? If that's the case you could create a script or batch file that runs LEDBlinky with the Set Port(s) command to turn on your button. Or you could create a single frame animation (using the Animation Editor) with just that button turned on and then have the script or batch file start LEDBlinky with your custom animation. Then you would have Windows run your script on startup. If you also want that button to light up after exiting your FE, the FE would need to have a feature that lets you run a script on exit. Hope this helps.

so i've created a simple bat file that says LEDBlinky.exe 14, 88,48.  if nothing is running and i launch this not only does port 88 light up but so does all buttons used for the FE.  keep in mind the FE isn't running...  just trying to create a simple batch file to run when the front end isn't running so only port 88 is lit.  Please advise.  thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1453 on: May 29, 2018, 09:53:37 am »
so i've created a simple bat file that says LEDBlinky.exe 14, 88,48.  if nothing is running and i launch this not only does port 88 light up but so does all buttons used for the FE.  keep in mind the FE isn't running...  just trying to create a simple batch file to run when the front end isn't running so only port 88 is lit.  Please advise.  thanks.

If you're only controlling LEDBlinky manually (via batch file) or don't want to use any of the FE options, then you can set the FE to "Other" (from the config app). But if you also want to use the FE options then you'll need to create a single frame animation with just the one button turned on and run that manually from the batch file. I'll also look into a future update to allow the manual port commands to work without also lighting the FE buttons.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

8trek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1454 on: May 29, 2018, 12:00:34 pm »
If you're only controlling LEDBlinky manually (via batch file) or don't want to use any of the FE options, then you can set the FE to "Other" (from the config app). But if you also want to use the FE options then you'll need to create a single frame animation with just the one button turned on and run that manually from the batch file. I'll also look into a future update to allow the manual port commands to work without also lighting the FE buttons.
[/quote]

okay.... sorry but next question then.... how do you create a single frame animation that never stops?  from what I've seen you can only set an animation to run for a certain amount of time but indefinitely.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1455 on: May 29, 2018, 01:09:54 pm »
okay.... sorry but next question then.... how do you create a single frame animation that never stops?  from what I've seen you can only set an animation to run for a certain amount of time but indefinitely.

Actually it's the other way around - animations run in a continuous loop by default. You have to specify the SingleLoop (S) option to only run one time. So if you create a single frame with one or more ports turned on, when you run the animation those ports will just stay on until you stop the animation.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Mrhyde1969

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 18, 2018, 06:52:15 am
« Reply #1456 on: May 31, 2018, 05:42:10 am »
Hi, I almost have blinky setup how I want. I am running a simple setup 2players 4 buttons each servosticks and rgb leds with the ultimate ipac. I am using HyperV (vertical hyperspin), stripped down to just around 80 games. As expected not all the games are in the colors ini folder and I have read somewhere that its possible to add any other game easily into this folder.. I have already edited the colors  for the games contained in this folder to how I want them for my games  but after trying to add a new game it does not seem to work. Example file is 'ssmissin' I have added the game like this:-
[ssmissin]
p1_COIN=Blue
p1_START=Blue
p1_BUTTON1=Red
p1_BUTTON2=Yellow
p1_JOYSTICK=White
p2_COIN=Green
p2_START=Green
p2_BUTTON1=Blue
p2_BUTTON2=Cyan
p2_JOYSTICK=YELLOW

Am I missing something? or is this just not possible. Thanks. I have about 40 games I need to configure.

8trek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1457 on: June 04, 2018, 10:51:15 pm »
i've managed to create the single frame animation and have to run upon login.  In Gameex i've setup the "on launch" startup option to stop the animation however it appears to stop all ledblinky function and thereby is counter intuitive.  likewise have gameex "on exit" to launch the animation..... can you by chance tell me what i'm doing wrong here?  thanks again.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1458 on: June 05, 2018, 08:19:47 am »
Hi, I almost have blinky setup how I want. I am running a simple setup 2players 4 buttons each servosticks and rgb leds with the ultimate ipac. I am using HyperV (vertical hyperspin), stripped down to just around 80 games. As expected not all the games are in the colors ini folder and I have read somewhere that its possible to add any other game easily into this folder.. I have already edited the colors  for the games contained in this folder to how I want them for my games  but after trying to add a new game it does not seem to work. Example file is 'ssmissin' I have added the game like this:-
[ssmissin]
p1_COIN=Blue
p1_START=Blue
p1_BUTTON1=Red
p1_BUTTON2=Yellow
p1_JOYSTICK=White
p2_COIN=Green
p2_START=Green
p2_BUTTON1=Blue
p2_BUTTON2=Cyan
p2_JOYSTICK=YELLOW

Am I missing something? or is this just not possible. Thanks. I have about 40 games I need to configure.

That looks correct. Try using the troubleshooting app and if that doesn't identify the problem, email me the debug.zip file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1459 on: June 05, 2018, 08:23:26 am »
i've managed to create the single frame animation and have to run upon login.  In Gameex i've setup the "on launch" startup option to stop the animation however it appears to stop all ledblinky function and thereby is counter intuitive.  likewise have gameex "on exit" to launch the animation..... can you by chance tell me what i'm doing wrong here?  thanks again.

Turn on the Debug option (Misc Options tab), run through your startup scenario, then email me back the debug.zip file and I'll try to help.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

8trek

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1460 on: June 05, 2018, 10:26:03 pm »
here ya go, thanks.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:11:29 am by 8trek »

tvsian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2022, 10:32:41 pm
« Reply #1461 on: June 20, 2018, 05:36:04 pm »
I'm still working on my cabinet, but I've noticed one oddity that I can't pin down. I'm using LEDBlinky with an I-Pac Ultimate I/O and Ultimarc RGB buttons and sticks, LaunchBox/BigBox as the frontend with Rocketlauncher in the middle. One button seems to be a little wonky though, and only under certain circumstances.

P1B1 is my "select game" button in BigBox, and I have it set to light up blue to match the cabinet. For 4-button arcade games, I have it set to P1B2 as it's more comfortable with my button layout. For some weird reason, Neo Geo games are sometimes lighting it up as kind of an off-white instead of yellow (it seems brighter than the "black" of the joystick and not as bright as full on white). It doesn't appear to depend on the individual game, I've tried a few Neo Geo games and have seen the same thing. If I reboot and go straight from BigBox (loads on startup) to a game it will most likely work normally. But going in and out of games, exiting the frontend and going back in, etc. seem to make it more likely to come up wrong. It does return to the correct blue when I exit MAME and drop back to BigBox.

Since I'm still in the configuration stage, I haven't done a lot of game play on it yet, so I haven't noticed it anywhere else. It does kind of stand out there though. The only edit I've made to colors.ini was to universally set the coin lights to red - I'm using the fake coin return buttons and it just doesn't look right to me in other colors.

Playing around with the LED settings and animation editor, I can't get the button to display the wrong color under any other circumstances, it specifically seems to be a random thing when playing certain games.

Any pointers on where to start looking for a solution?

zorg2000k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2020, 06:32:43 am
« Reply #1462 on: July 11, 2018, 10:45:20 am »
Hi,

I've already followed you great video's and managed to set up my arcade cabinet with Hyperspin and LEDBlinky. Looks great and love the LEDBlinky software.

I have now set up a vertical cabinet with the PinballX front end. I have been struggling to get the LED's to light at all after launching frontend (PinballX) or in the Visual pinball emulator.

I have managed to get the LED's to work from the LEDBlinkyConfig.exe when selecting a game and test.

I've gathered all my log files and was hoping you may be able to help ?

Thanks Stuart

drewjbx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 10, 2023, 11:49:00 pm
« Reply #1463 on: July 20, 2018, 07:09:53 pm »
Hello is there a way to clear the list of 'unknown game/emulators' in LED controls editor? Reason being I originally had custom mame wheels in hyperspin (SNK Classics) and I had to change the front end entry to 'SNK Classics MAME' in order for LED blinky to see all the mame titles from a non MAME wheel.
So now launching a game from SNK Classics MAME.... games will light up now from the mame control.ini/colors.ini just fine.
I didn't realize how many missing game entries there are in control/colors... not even any samurai shodowns?? Anyhow for this I want to create a default button layout for SNK Classics MAME with the 4 button NeoGeo layout. But now LED Blinky is not picking up my renamed system when trying import Unknown games'. The list is showing my original system name of 'SNK Classics' So I figured if I cleared the list, start fresh and launch the game it should pick it up? In all I renamed about 10 non mame wheels to include MAME in it. (midway classics mame, 4 player mame, konami classics mame etc...)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 07:21:31 pm by drewjbx »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1464 on: July 20, 2018, 08:18:53 pm »
Hello is there a way to clear the list of 'unknown game/emulators' in LED controls editor? Reason being I originally had custom mame wheels in hyperspin (SNK Classics) and I had to change the front end entry to 'SNK Classics MAME' in order for LED blinky to see all the mame titles from a non MAME wheel.
So now launching a game from SNK Classics MAME.... games will light up now from the mame control.ini/colors.ini just fine.
I didn't realize how many missing game entries there are in control/colors... not even any samurai shodowns?? Anyhow for this I want to create a default button layout for SNK Classics MAME with the 4 button NeoGeo layout. But now LED Blinky is not picking up my renamed system when trying import Unknown games'. The list is showing my original system name of 'SNK Classics' So I figured if I cleared the list, start fresh and launch the game it should pick it up? In all I renamed about 10 non mame wheels to include MAME in it. (midway classics mame, 4 player mame, konami classics mame etc...)

Sure, just edit UnknownGames.dat (with any text editor) and delete the entries.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #1465 on: July 24, 2018, 12:44:47 pm »
Hi arzoo,

Hoping you can help here - I have 2 problems that I'm pretty sure are interrelated.

My non-joystick game (Centipede) has the joystick enabled and it lights up and it announces left/right/up/down...

I'm trying to figure out why mame has it enabled.. (problem 1)

Problem 2 is I have joystick announce turned off in LEDBlinky and it announces it anyway.
I did create a log file and looked through it..

[07/24/2018 10:32:46] DoNotSpeakJoystickActions=1

I can upload the whole thing if that helps.
Thanks!

My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1466 on: July 24, 2018, 01:06:24 pm »
Hi arzoo,

Hoping you can help here - I have 2 problems that I'm pretty sure are interrelated.

My non-joystick game (Centipede) has the joystick enabled and it lights up and it announces left/right/up/down...

I'm trying to figure out why mame has it enabled.. (problem 1)

Problem 2 is I have joystick announce turned off in LEDBlinky and it announces it anyway.
I did create a log file and looked through it..

[07/24/2018 10:32:46] DoNotSpeakJoystickActions=1

I can upload the whole thing if that helps.
Thanks!

Rather than upload, email it to me and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bperkins01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 02:13:35 pm
  • Plenty of skills.. gaining experience..
« Reply #1467 on: July 24, 2018, 01:11:40 pm »
Done.
My Arcade Cabinet Build and other projects here:
Centipede, Joust, Joust Cocktail, Asteroids, Galaga, Ms. Pacman Cabaret, Defender, Space Invaders Cocktail
https://bperkins.wordpress.com/

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2022, 02:55:49 pm
  • Ready to Build! Not building? Making Movies!
    • RTKIII Productions YouTube Channel
« Reply #1468 on: July 24, 2018, 08:28:23 pm »
Sorry for the noobish question.  I set LEDBlinky up on my cab like 5 years ago and I am going through a hardware upgrade and apparently i do not remember everything.  In short I am running GamEx Arcade Edition and I can get the lets to come on for everything but the actual controls.  MEaning when GameEx starts it does the animation, closing does animation, screen saver does animation but when scrolling through games it does not show controls like it did on my old cabinet and when i start the game it does not show my controls.

I have it to show controls for GameEx in LEDBlinky and I have mame control pointing to c:\emulators\mame190\cfg folder and nothing...

i am sure i am missing something simple.  I had CPWizard on my old cabinet but have not loaded on this one yet...but i would not think i would need that too...right?

any help is always appreciated

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1469 on: July 25, 2018, 09:56:48 am »
Sorry for the noobish question.  I set LEDBlinky up on my cab like 5 years ago and I am going through a hardware upgrade and apparently i do not remember everything.  In short I am running GamEx Arcade Edition and I can get the lets to come on for everything but the actual controls.  MEaning when GameEx starts it does the animation, closing does animation, screen saver does animation but when scrolling through games it does not show controls like it did on my old cabinet and when i start the game it does not show my controls.

I have it to show controls for GameEx in LEDBlinky and I have mame control pointing to c:\emulators\mame190\cfg folder and nothing...

i am sure i am missing something simple.  I had CPWizard on my old cabinet but have not loaded on this one yet...but i would not think i would need that too...right?

any help is always appreciated

From the LEDBlinky Config app, on the "Game Options" tab make sure the "Light Game Controls" is checked. And on the "GameEx" tab, make sure the "Demo Game Controls" is checked. If these options are checked and it's still not working, try the Troubleshooting app. If that doesn't help email me the debug.zip file and I'll take a look. CPWizard is not associated with LEDBlinky.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

rtkiii

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2022, 02:55:49 pm
  • Ready to Build! Not building? Making Movies!
    • RTKIII Productions YouTube Channel
« Reply #1470 on: July 25, 2018, 12:06:52 pm »
triple checked those settings and they are set.

PMing you the .zip

Altanore

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2018, 07:10:26 pm
« Reply #1471 on: July 28, 2018, 09:27:00 pm »
Disregard, finally got it sorted.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 07:10:26 pm by Altanore »

Trnzaddict

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 12:12:29 pm
« Reply #1472 on: August 06, 2018, 12:59:23 am »
Arzoo, a few things I’ve noticed since upgrading ledblinky. I’m using MAME 0.200 along with the corresponding xml file.

One strange thing that happens is when I check “light and speak start and coin buttons”,  on my Tankstick it always lights the 5 button on the player 1 side and 6 button on the player 2 side for coin buttons. I know these are default p1 & 2 coin keys in MAME, but....

No where in my cntrl, any of my cfg files, my input map, controls editor, etc. is 5 and 6 labeled and or mapped as coins. So I have no idea where the program can possibly be getting this info from. My coin button is R. Did you hard code these keys into the program?

The second is even after all these years, ledblinky seems to still have serious problems correctly importing and lighting led maps for driving games, specifically the Midway titles. Like in Cruisin USA, forget it. I’ll create a map in the controls editor that matches my controls perfectlyin MAME. When ledblinky tries to light it, the colors don’t light up correctly and the wrong speech is spoken for a button. Same with California speed. It’s like ledblinky doesn’t know how to interpret MAME controls when they’re named for example “Radio” or “View 1” . Games with the generic “Button 1” labels in the UI screen there are no problems.

It also still can’t import the channel select and channel enter buttons for the pc10 games. If you add them manually in the controls editor they don’t display correctly either. It speaks them on the same buttons as button 1 & 2, even If I try to map them to say buttons 4 & 5. I remember back in 2013 I emailed the debug.zip but we could not figure it out. Again could it be the program gets confused with uncommon input names?

I tried using the troubleshooter app but I get a memory access violation message when it’s executed.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1473 on: August 06, 2018, 08:44:04 am »
Arzoo, a few things I’ve noticed since upgrading ledblinky. I’m using MAME 0.200 along with the corresponding xml file.

One strange thing that happens is when I check “light and speak start and coin buttons”,  on my Tankstick it always lights the 5 button on the player 1 side and 6 button on the player 2 side for coin buttons. I know these are default p1 & 2 coin keys in MAME, but....

No where in my cntrl, any of my cfg files, my input map, controls editor, etc. is 5 and 6 labeled and or mapped as coins. So I have no idea where the program can possibly be getting this info from. My coin button is R. Did you hard code these keys into the program?

The second is even after all these years, ledblinky seems to still have serious problems correctly importing and lighting led maps for driving games, specifically the Midway titles. Like in Cruisin USA, forget it. I’ll create a map in the controls editor that matches my controls perfectlyin MAME. When ledblinky tries to light it, the colors don’t light up correctly and the wrong speech is spoken for a button. Same with California speed. It’s like ledblinky doesn’t know how to interpret MAME controls when they’re named for example “Radio” or “View 1” . Games with the generic “Button 1” labels in the UI screen there are no problems.

It also still can’t import the channel select and channel enter buttons for the pc10 games. If you add them manually in the controls editor they don’t display correctly either. It speaks them on the same buttons as button 1 & 2, even If I try to map them to say buttons 4 & 5. I remember back in 2013 I emailed the debug.zip but we could not figure it out. Again could it be the program gets confused with uncommon input names?

I tried using the troubleshooter app but I get a memory access violation message when it’s executed.

Too many questions here to answer via the forum - let's take this offline. I'm concerned as to why the troubleshooting app would crash. Could you zip up your entire \LEDBlinky folder and get it to me via email/dropbox?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Trnzaddict

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 12:12:29 pm
« Reply #1474 on: August 06, 2018, 11:38:53 am »
All set just emailed it.

Darksquall22

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2018, 09:47:26 am
« Reply #1475 on: August 12, 2018, 05:53:24 pm »
I've been trying to get this working but everytime I start a game it loads whatever the last game in the colors.ini file is. I've tried making a new mame.xml file several times but that doesn't help. Any help would be appreciated.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1476 on: August 12, 2018, 07:57:36 pm »
I've been trying to get this working but everytime I start a game it loads whatever the last game in the colors.ini file is. I've tried making a new mame.xml file several times but that doesn't help. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, are you saying that each time you run a game the button colors don't change from the prior game? Is it specifically the colors that are wrong or are the wrong buttons illuminated? What front-end are you using and what game is not working?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Darksquall22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1477 on: August 12, 2018, 09:33:42 pm »
No its actually using the very last game in the colors.ini file as in the game that is at the bottom of the list. Which happened to be Zwackery until I deleted the information from the file at which case it started using Zombraid because it was now the last game on the list. I'm using LaunchBox and its the wrong colors and buttons. I've tried several games but the results are the same for every one. In the LEDBlinky Troubleshooter it says "Missing path to LaunchBox.xml file. Required to light LEDs for LaunchBox UI. " It also says "Zombraid" currently in ROM/Game even though I've never played that game.

Right after I posted this it started working correctly. Don't know what the deal was but I'll take it
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:08:52 pm by Darksquall22 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1478 on: August 13, 2018, 08:38:15 am »
No its actually using the very last game in the colors.ini file as in the game that is at the bottom of the list. Which happened to be Zwackery until I deleted the information from the file at which case it started using Zombraid because it was now the last game on the list. I'm using LaunchBox and its the wrong colors and buttons. I've tried several games but the results are the same for every one. In the LEDBlinky Troubleshooter it says "Missing path to LaunchBox.xml file. Required to light LEDs for LaunchBox UI. " It also says "Zombraid" currently in ROM/Game even though I've never played that game.

Right after I posted this it started working correctly. Don't know what the deal was but I'll take it

Cool that it started working! If problems return shoot me an email with the debug.zip file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Darksquall22

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1479 on: August 13, 2018, 11:41:07 pm »
Started again. I sent over the debug file. Thanks for the help.