Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552893 times)

newoski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4
« Reply #1320 on: March 14, 2017, 02:30:23 pm »
Just upgraded my computer and trying out BigBox, I copied my LEDBlinky folder over to my new desktop but i keep getting files does not exist errors? I need to download the latest version anyway, but don't want to reconfigure everything, what all files would i need to copy over?

Also using rocket launcher as the only emulator in Big Box should i setup support in both Big Box and Rocket Launcher?? or just one or the other??

Don't use BigBox, so I'm not sure what specifically would cause the problem, but I'd recommend doing the following:

1. Backup your LEDBlinky folder in case something goes wrong
2. Download the latest LEDBlinky Update file and extract the content into your current directory
3. Test

It shouldn't overwrite any settings files, but should fill in any gaps you're missing.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1321 on: March 14, 2017, 02:33:31 pm »
I have a zero delay encoder board labeled as cy-822b.  Is there anyway I can make this work with LEDBlinky or similar program?  Trying to set up the program, but it says "No LED controllers detected" I am also using hyperspin.

LEDBlinky only supports LED controller hardware from Ultimarc, GGG, and Wolfware Technologies.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1322 on: March 14, 2017, 02:38:38 pm »
Just upgraded my computer and trying out BigBox, I copied my LEDBlinky folder over to my new desktop but i keep getting files does not exist errors? I need to download the latest version anyway, but don't want to reconfigure everything, what all files would i need to copy over?

Also using rocket launcher as the only emulator in Big Box should i setup support in both Big Box and Rocket Launcher?? or just one or the other??

Don't use BigBox, so I'm not sure what specifically would cause the problem, but I'd recommend doing the following:

1. Backup your LEDBlinky folder in case something goes wrong
2. Download the latest LEDBlinky Update file and extract the content into your current directory
3. Test

It shouldn't overwrite any settings files, but should fill in any gaps you're missing.

Actually, the full LEDBlinky install would overwrite the configuration files.

Copying your original \LEDBlinky folder should work fine, so I'm not sure what file(s) could be missing. Are you sure it's LEDBlinky giving you that error message?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

wemr97dl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 11:18:55 pm
  • KEEP GOING!
« Reply #1323 on: March 14, 2017, 02:43:02 pm »
Yes I'll check the exact files when I get back to the computer, but the files are there it just seems to be looking in the wrong place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1324 on: March 14, 2017, 02:51:53 pm »
Yes I'll check the exact files when I get back to the computer, but the files are there it just seems to be looking in the wrong place

That would seem to imply that something's not right with your BB or RL configs.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

wemr97dl

• Offline Offline
  • KEEP GOING!
« Reply #1325 on: March 14, 2017, 03:20:57 pm »
The .exe is starting fine, just not doing anything, i need to reset all my paths for BB, and new rocket launcher install.  I tried the animation editor and it said the input map file was missing but its there, probably will be fixed after I reset all my paths in the Config, but wanted to update for the BigBox support, so if i reinstall or new install what all files should i copy over from my old folder?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1326 on: March 14, 2017, 03:45:38 pm »
The .exe is starting fine, just not doing anything, i need to reset all my paths for BB, and new rocket launcher install.  I tried the animation editor and it said the input map file was missing but its there, probably will be fixed after I reset all my paths in the Config, but wanted to update for the BigBox support, so if i reinstall or new install what all files should i copy over from my old folder?

settings.ini
LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor.ini
LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml
LEDBlinkyControls.xml
*.lay

Some of the files may have hard-coded paths that also need to be updated.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

wemr97dl

• Offline Offline
  • KEEP GOING!
« Reply #1327 on: March 14, 2017, 04:09:06 pm »
Ok thanks

wemr97dl

• Offline Offline
  • KEEP GOING!
« Reply #1328 on: March 15, 2017, 08:29:15 am »
Moved all the files and still getting the errors,

What files may need edited??
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:50:23 am by wemr97dl »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1329 on: March 15, 2017, 11:05:27 am »
Moved all the files and still getting the errors,

What files may need edited??

Unless you're using custom hardware with LEDBlinky Outputs, you can ignore the first error. The second error (from the Animation Editor) is coming from your layout file; <your file name>.lay. Edit the .lay file and make sure the path to the LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml is correct.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

wemr97dl

• Offline Offline
  • KEEP GOING!
« Reply #1330 on: March 15, 2017, 11:38:59 am »
ok working now , thanks :cheers:

one question on a lot of games im just getting button1, button2, etc stepped through when i start is there something wrong with my mame.xml or controls.ini ?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1331 on: March 15, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »
ok working now , thanks :cheers:

one question on a lot of games im just getting button1, button2, etc stepped through when i start is there something wrong with my mame.xml or controls.ini ?

No way for me to know without seeing your debug log. Try using the Troubleshooting app. If that doesn't help, email me the debug.ZIP file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
« Reply #1332 on: March 15, 2017, 04:33:24 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

Just bought a license of Ledblinky, great app!

Could you help me with something? It seem's I made a mistake somewhere because when I start a mame game (using Lauchbox), my P2 button 6 is always turned on with the yellow color. All the other buttons are right. Do you know where I should check first please?

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1333 on: March 15, 2017, 04:57:04 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

Just bought a license of Ledblinky, great app!

Could you help me with something? It seem's I made a mistake somewhere because when I start a mame game (using Lauchbox), my P2 button 6 is always turned on with the yellow color. All the other buttons are right. Do you know where I should check first please?

Thanks!

Give the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app a try and if that doesn't help, email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

fablog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1334 on: March 18, 2017, 08:38:15 am »
Thx Arzoo, the troubleshooting help me to find the problem :)

fablog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1335 on: April 16, 2017, 07:46:45 pm »
Hi Arzoo, could you help me with a strange behaviours please? With all my 2 players alternating games, for example Pacman, some P2 buttons are illuminated when obviously they shouldn't be at all. No problem with the P1 buttons. What should I check first to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

raph

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 11, 2022, 11:42:35 pm
  • Gradually adding bells and whistles to a stock cab
« Reply #1336 on: April 16, 2017, 08:12:45 pm »
Question, arzoo? I noticed that the default patterns seem not to care what your layout is -- they worked when I had one PACLED and work the same now that I have two and bunch more buttons. What magic functionality is hidden away that allows for non-layout specific patterns?

I don't know if you consider LEDBlinky to be basically feature complete, but in case you don't, I have feature requests!

The biggest is the ability to select an LED, and copy all of its frames to another LED. Even better would be the ability to paste them in at a specific frame, and have that serve as the offset, and wrap the excess frames back around to the beginning.

Similarly, I can't find a way to basically "fill" all frames of an LED. Seems like you need to set each frame by hand; some of my animations have 240 frames, and that gets pretty tedious.

Far more intensive in terms of UI work would be the ability to select a given LED and see a visual representation of the colors directly on the slider, similar to how gradient tools work in Office. An expanded grid view showing the value of each frame for every LED would make cut and paste, and various forms of gradients, really visual and easy to see. I make a lot of animations that are smooth chase sequences, and they are currently very difficult to set up.

Lastly, though it likely only matters to obsessives like me, would be various easing choices for the transitions. You currently have linear, but at least ease in/out would be really nice.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1337 on: April 16, 2017, 10:47:24 pm »
Hi Arzoo, could you help me with a strange behaviours please? With all my 2 players alternating games, for example Pacman, some P2 buttons are illuminated when obviously they shouldn't be at all. No problem with the P1 buttons. What should I check first to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi - give the troubleshooting app a try and see if it can help. If not, please email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1338 on: April 16, 2017, 11:02:56 pm »
Question, arzoo? I noticed that the default patterns seem not to care what your layout is -- they worked when I had one PACLED and work the same now that I have two and bunch more buttons. What magic functionality is hidden away that allows for non-layout specific patterns?

The default patterns are LED Controller Independent - so they run on all LED controllers and layouts, but with limitations (for example, you can't group ports for RGB LEDs). You can create your own LED Controller Independent animations by first creating a LED Controller Independent layout (from the Layout menu). Any animation you create for that layout can be used by everyone.

I don't know if you consider LEDBlinky to be basically feature complete, but in case you don't, I have feature requests!

The biggest is the ability to select an LED, and copy all of its frames to another LED. Even better would be the ability to paste them in at a specific frame, and have that serve as the offset, and wrap the excess frames back around to the beginning.

Similarly, I can't find a way to basically "fill" all frames of an LED. Seems like you need to set each frame by hand; some of my animations have 240 frames, and that gets pretty tedious.

Far more intensive in terms of UI work would be the ability to select a given LED and see a visual representation of the colors directly on the slider, similar to how gradient tools work in Office. An expanded grid view showing the value of each frame for every LED would make cut and paste, and various forms of gradients, really visual and easy to see. I make a lot of animations that are smooth chase sequences, and they are currently very difficult to set up.

Lastly, though it likely only matters to obsessives like me, would be various easing choices for the transitions. You currently have linear, but at least ease in/out would be really nice.

I keep track of all enhancement requests but I can't promise I'll implement any specific request - it depends on the complexity and if the feature will be beneficial to everyone. Thanks for the suggestions!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1339 on: April 20, 2017, 08:51:28 am »

BTW, you can already do this with the import options. Basically you would create an animation with just the LEDs you want to import and then you can insert or overlay it into other animations. So for example, you could create a transition effect and then reuse it in other animations.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

raph

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1340 on: April 20, 2017, 04:05:09 pm »

BTW, you can already do this with the import options. Basically you would create an animation with just the LEDs you want to import and then you can insert or overlay it into other animations. So for example, you could create a transition effect and then reuse it in other animations.

Yes, I made use of this quite a lot in setting up my animations.

To illustrate what sort of thing I was doing: I set up an initial state where a subtle rainbow is on the buttons, going from red on the left to indigo on the right. I then smoothly ramp each light from the color they are on to the next in the rainbow, then the next, then the next. Since they each have different start points, the result is a very softly scrolling rainbow effect. But it's 241 frames, and if you add a button later, you have to basically do all the ramps by hand again.

It came out looking great though. The software's rock solid, I'm just a bit of a UX fiend for some things. :)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1341 on: April 21, 2017, 09:53:22 am »
Yes, I made use of this quite a lot in setting up my animations.

To illustrate what sort of thing I was doing: I set up an initial state where a subtle rainbow is on the buttons, going from red on the left to indigo on the right. I then smoothly ramp each light from the color they are on to the next in the rainbow, then the next, then the next. Since they each have different start points, the result is a very softly scrolling rainbow effect. But it's 241 frames, and if you add a button later, you have to basically do all the ramps by hand again.

It came out looking great though. The software's rock solid, I'm just a bit of a UX fiend for some things. :)

Sounds impressive - any video you can post?

The LEDBlinky app UX's are definitely a bit dated and not always intuitive (given all the options), but they're mostly used for configuration (once and done) and they've remained reliable with each new iteration of Windows. But there's always been a few weird behaviors in the Animation Editor (and a couple small bugs), so I decided to do a little work with it and I'll look into adding the ability to fill a LED across all frames.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 02:54:51 pm
  • The addiction is strong!!
« Reply #1342 on: May 17, 2017, 09:20:55 am »
Having just started to play with the animation editor, personally I like it!
Only features I would suggest are
- An option to delete all frames after/before current frame (Trim function).
- Modify an LED(s) for X amount of frames. (Kinda painful to turn off a single LED for 140 frames after it's been involved/on in every frame)

Not to step on Raph or steal their thunder but I just saw their post and I had done something practically identical to what was described. Still working on doing the waves that start in different positions (IE from the right/top/bottom/center)

! No longer available
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:27:31 am by Scotty_C »

raph

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1343 on: May 17, 2017, 12:25:23 pm »
Nice! Mine is much slower and smoother, most of the time; then it speeds up at major UI events like list switching. Still haven't made a good video though  :-\

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1344 on: May 18, 2017, 09:25:51 am »
Having just started to play with the animation editor, personally I like it!
Only features I would suggest are
- An option to delete all frames after/before current frame (Trim function).
- Modify an LED(s) for X amount of frames. (Kinda painful to turn off a single LED for 140 frames after it's been involved/on in every frame)

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm currently working on some enhancements (and fixes) for the animation editor.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

lamprey

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2019, 07:03:11 pm
« Reply #1345 on: May 29, 2017, 01:04:13 am »
A couple of things....

1. Using MAME 0185 I've generated an MAME.XML file. Using the LEDBlinkyControlsEditor.exe app to Import a game (mslug2t) I get an error that it cannot parse the xml file. The error is "No Active Document". The XML appears to be fine, so not sure what the issue is.

2. Are there any good tutorials on how to configure a control panel for MAME?

I'm really having a hard time understanding why LEDBlnky is doing what it is doing. I get there are several files where it looks for controls per game and what MAME is using for a games' controls to match them up.

As a simple example I'm trying to configure Arkanoid. I have a Spinner and a Button that I want to light up. In MAME I've set the spinner to Mouse 2 X and the button to RIGHT_CTRL. Additionally, I set the other controls the NONE, expect for the Coin Up, Play Start, etc.. Also, I've set MAME up with multi-mouse so it can see the difference between my Spinner and Trackball. In the LEDBlinky Map I've set a port as a SPINNER and set the key code to MOUSECODE_2_ANALOG_X and the port for the button to match MAME (KEYCODE_RCONTROL).

When I run the test (or launch from HyperSpin), The two controls I expect and want to be illuminated are. But, there are also two joysticks (well one joystick and one joystick that uses the up-down-left-right keys) as well as the trackball that light up. The first joystick is a joystick and is mapped as Joystick 1 with 4 controls Joy1 up-down-left-right. The other joystick is configured as joystick 5 and uses the up-down-left-right keys codes. The trackball is configured as MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_X and Y.

I don't see any overlap in the control mapping, so I don't know what is causing the controls to be lit up.

Does this have anything to do with Mames' Default.cfg file? I'm just don't know how the default.cfg is used or if it is when there is a game specific cfg file.

I'm probably missing something simple, so any insight is appreciated!

Cheers!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1346 on: May 29, 2017, 06:39:48 pm »
A couple of things....

1. Using MAME 0185 I've generated an MAME.XML file. Using the LEDBlinkyControlsEditor.exe app to Import a game (mslug2t) I get an error that it cannot parse the xml file. The error is "No Active Document". The XML appears to be fine, so not sure what the issue is.

2. Are there any good tutorials on how to configure a control panel for MAME?

I'm really having a hard time understanding why LEDBlnky is doing what it is doing. I get there are several files where it looks for controls per game and what MAME is using for a games' controls to match them up.

As a simple example I'm trying to configure Arkanoid. I have a Spinner and a Button that I want to light up. In MAME I've set the spinner to Mouse 2 X and the button to RIGHT_CTRL. Additionally, I set the other controls the NONE, expect for the Coin Up, Play Start, etc.. Also, I've set MAME up with multi-mouse so it can see the difference between my Spinner and Trackball. In the LEDBlinky Map I've set a port as a SPINNER and set the key code to MOUSECODE_2_ANALOG_X and the port for the button to match MAME (KEYCODE_RCONTROL).

When I run the test (or launch from HyperSpin), The two controls I expect and want to be illuminated are. But, there are also two joysticks (well one joystick and one joystick that uses the up-down-left-right keys) as well as the trackball that light up. The first joystick is a joystick and is mapped as Joystick 1 with 4 controls Joy1 up-down-left-right. The other joystick is configured as joystick 5 and uses the up-down-left-right keys codes. The trackball is configured as MOUSECODE_1_ANALOG_X and Y.

I don't see any overlap in the control mapping, so I don't know what is causing the controls to be lit up.

Does this have anything to do with Mames' Default.cfg file? I'm just don't know how the default.cfg is used or if it is when there is a game specific cfg file.

I'm probably missing something simple, so any insight is appreciated!

Cheers!

Hi,
Maverick's Arcade has some good LEDBlinky tutorials on YouTube. Here's a link to the first one;

This support link might help explain how LEDBlinky determines which LEDs to light for each game; http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LEDBlinkyMAMELogic

As for your specific issue, I would suggest giving the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app a try - it should identify which controls and inputs codes are used for the Arkanoid rom (or any game you play). If that doesn't help, email me back the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

lamprey

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1347 on: May 30, 2017, 05:34:00 pm »
Hi,
Maverick's Arcade has some good LEDBlinky tutorials on YouTube. Here's a link to the first one;

This support link might help explain how LEDBlinky determines which LEDs to light for each game; http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LEDBlinkyMAMELogic

As for your specific issue, I would suggest giving the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app a try - it should identify which controls and inputs codes are used for the Arkanoid rom (or any game you play). If that doesn't help, email me back the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Arzoo,

Thanks for the links, unfortunately, I've already looked through them. However, the Trouble Shooting app looks like it will be of great assistance.

One other question:

Is there a way to ignore everything from mame and just tell LEDBlinky what controls to light when a game is launched?

I suspect I'm going to run into other issues with duplicated controls that I can't get around. So, I thought just assigning what I want to do on a per game basis might be an easier option. But, at least the trouble shooting app will help a great deal in trying to solve the issues as they arise!

Thanks again!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1348 on: May 30, 2017, 08:54:13 pm »
One other question:

Is there a way to ignore everything from mame and just tell LEDBlinky what controls to light when a game is launched?

I suspect I'm going to run into other issues with duplicated controls that I can't get around. So, I thought just assigning what I want to do on a per game basis might be an easier option. But, at least the trouble shooting app will help a great deal in trying to solve the issues as they arise!

Thanks again!

Hmmm, nobody has ever asked to remove all the auto-configuration from mame but I guess it's possible. LEDBlinky identifies mame roms by the emulator parameter (passed from the FE) when it contains "mame". So for example, you might be able to rename mame.exe to something else like mam.exe. Then you'd have to use the Controls Editor and import the unknown emulator (mam) and configure each individual rom. Another option that might work would be to remove all the data from mame.xml and controls.ini, and then again use the Controls Editor to configure every unknown rom.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

lamprey

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1349 on: May 30, 2017, 09:34:01 pm »
Hmmm, nobody has ever asked to remove all the auto-configuration from mame but I guess it's possible. LEDBlinky identifies mame roms by the emulator parameter (passed from the FE) when it contains "mame". So for example, you might be able to rename mame.exe to something else like mam.exe. Then you'd have to use the Controls Editor and import the unknown emulator (mam) and configure each individual rom. Another option that might work would be to remove all the data from mame.xml and controls.ini, and then again use the Controls Editor to configure every unknown rom.
Good to know there might be some options (like removing the data from mame.xml). I'm learning a bit in this process, so I'm hoping a combination of mame config and custom control editing will do everything I need.

So far so good!

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1350 on: June 11, 2017, 08:56:01 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I seem to be experiencing a strange issue when I try to work with the GenInputMap program. It always opens to a fixed window, and I can't resize it. If I restore it I can extend it down but not right. It flashes as I pull the drag arrow. This problem won't allow me to read half the information on the screen. I attached pics. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1351 on: June 12, 2017, 08:57:55 am »
Hi Arzoo,

I seem to be experiencing a strange issue when I try to work with the GenInputMap program. It always opens to a fixed window, and I can't resize it. If I restore it I can extend it down but not right. It flashes as I pull the drag arrow. This problem won't allow me to read half the information on the screen. I attached pics. Any ideas?

That's correct, the app has a fixed width - a legacy feature that goes back to when mame rigs were built with RGB monitors running at low resolution for authenticity with classic games. I'm guessing you have your Windows display configured with a font setting greater than 100% (the default). You could temporarily change the display setting (to 100%) while using the app or you could install LEDBlinky on a different PC and then copy over the LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml file. Sorry of the inconvenience.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #1352 on: June 12, 2017, 09:42:31 pm »
I'm guessing you have your Windows display configured with a font setting greater than 100% (the default). You could temporarily change the display setting (to 100%) while using the app or you could install LEDBlinky on a different PC and then copy over the LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml file.

If you right-click the .exe and select the "Compatibility" tab, in Windows 10 there is an option called "Override high DPI scaling behavior" that might help. For Windows 7 I believe the setting is called "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:44:48 pm by headkaze »

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1353 on: June 28, 2017, 08:34:02 am »
That solved the issue. My text scaling was over 100%. Thanks!

New question. Is there a way to have one central file that holds all of my button LED configs that each emulator can read?
Right now my setup is as follows in Hyperspin

Main Menu
 - Classic Games
 - Fighting
 - Shmups
 - Platformers
  etc.

Each one of these "emulators" has its list of games. In some situations I have doubled the game on a Classics menu and a Platform menu, and so forth.

I didn't use the traditional way to set up LedBlinky. I created an emulator for each menu item, and a set of lit buttons for every game I have.

Now if I wanted to create a new list of, say, Capcom games, I would have to copy and paste each game I already "lit" from another emulator to my new "emulator" via LEDControl app. Very tedious.

Basically if there was one listing that had every game set, each emulator can pull from a master list instead of having numerous copies of the code in the xml. My OCD is making me crazy with the xml code being so sporadic.

Thanks again for all of the support you guys give, and for such a great program.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1354 on: June 28, 2017, 10:08:19 pm »
That solved the issue. My text scaling was over 100%. Thanks!

New question. Is there a way to have one central file that holds all of my button LED configs that each emulator can read?
Right now my setup is as follows in Hyperspin

Main Menu
 - Classic Games
 - Fighting
 - Shmups
 - Platformers
  etc.

Each one of these "emulators" has its list of games. In some situations I have doubled the game on a Classics menu and a Platform menu, and so forth.

I didn't use the traditional way to set up LedBlinky. I created an emulator for each menu item, and a set of lit buttons for every game I have.

Now if I wanted to create a new list of, say, Capcom games, I would have to copy and paste each game I already "lit" from another emulator to my new "emulator" via LEDControl app. Very tedious.

Basically if there was one listing that had every game set, each emulator can pull from a master list instead of having numerous copies of the code in the xml. My OCD is making me crazy with the xml code being so sporadic.

Thanks again for all of the support you guys give, and for such a great program.

You might be able to use some sort of proxy script between HS and LEDBlinky so that no matter what group is selected in HS, a single common emulator name is passed to LEDBlinky. Then you could configure every game in the Controls Editor under a single emulator.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

engineeryman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 20, 2017, 06:07:33 pm
« Reply #1355 on: July 06, 2017, 02:03:21 pm »
Hi everyone!

Struggling with RGB lights.  I seem to have gotten all the inputs in correctly, and am able to get cool animations with all the different colors and the proper buttons to light when scrolling through and launching mame.

However the lights are only going full white (so R,G, and B are lit).  My screen looks identical to the ones on youtube for input mapping, with the same input code mapped to three different LED ports (for the three colors) for a given button.  It seems like Mame is telling it the input code though, and then all three lights are responding as opposed to the correct specific color.

Anyone have any thoughts?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1356 on: July 06, 2017, 02:47:22 pm »
Hi everyone!

Struggling with RGB lights.  I seem to have gotten all the inputs in correctly, and am able to get cool animations with all the different colors and the proper buttons to light when scrolling through and launching mame.

However the lights are only going full white (so R,G, and B are lit).  My screen looks identical to the ones on youtube for input mapping, with the same input code mapped to three different LED ports (for the three colors) for a given button.  It seems like Mame is telling it the input code though, and then all three lights are responding as opposed to the correct specific color.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Do you have LEDBlinky configured to point to the colors.ini file (on the MAME Config tab)? If the path is correct for the colors.ini file, then turn on the Debug Log option, run a couple games, and then email me the debug.ZIP file so I can take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

engineeryman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1357 on: July 07, 2017, 12:54:07 pm »
Thanks for responding so fast!

Colors.ini is pointing to the right spot.  Interestingly when playing with it last night I remapped a lot of the mame controls (had issues with a few things overlapping) and somehow the colors started working (which is awesome BTW!).  Not sure entirely why, as the overlaps were just on a few controls and prior everything was lighting white.

On a side note, it seems like the colors themselves don't line up perfectly all the time.  Do you know if there is an updated colors.ini on the internet somewhere?  I thought I recalled seeing posts where folks were spending time updating. 

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1358 on: July 07, 2017, 01:51:02 pm »
Thanks for responding so fast!

Colors.ini is pointing to the right spot.  Interestingly when playing with it last night I remapped a lot of the mame controls (had issues with a few things overlapping) and somehow the colors started working (which is awesome BTW!).  Not sure entirely why, as the overlaps were just on a few controls and prior everything was lighting white.

On a side note, it seems like the colors themselves don't line up perfectly all the time.  Do you know if there is an updated colors.ini on the internet somewhere?  I thought I recalled seeing posts where folks were spending time updating.

Glad you got it working. There's no updated colors.ini that I know of but you can manually edit the file or use the Controls Editor to import and override the colors.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

engineeryman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1359 on: July 20, 2017, 08:44:55 am »
Had another one if you don't mind!

It seems whenever an animation is running random keyboard / mousebuttons keep getting selected.  It is by far the worst on the mouse clicks, but only is through my U-Track trackball (which has two buttons wired to hit left and right mouse button).  When just hitting "test" in the configuration utility immediately the mouse clicks multiple times a second.  If I un-plug the trackball it stops. 

It does also seem to keep happening with keyboard buttons through the Ultimate I/O board.  For example if I leave a mame game running random credits will keep appearing every couple minutes (telling me that the 5 button is being depressed somehow).

Any thoughts?  It seems to really take a toll on my computer with regards to the trackball clicking, and generally is frustrating since you nearly have to shutdown the whole computer if you move the mouse outside the primary window (it starts selecting everything).