Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552917 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.2
« Reply #1200 on: June 03, 2016, 09:03:52 am »
I was wondering if this was possible.

I have three admin buttons on the top of my CP (Start, Pause, and Exit)
I want the game controls to be seen on each selection (Demo Game Controls - 60sec)

I cant figure out how the three admin buttons, which I set in the DEFAULT option of my emulator wont stay lit when I Demo Game Controls. The start and coin buttons are set in the <default> as well. I tried the admin buttons using Always Active checked and unchecked, but neither one gives me what I want. The animation trick wasnt what I wanted either.

Ideally, I want the coin and admin buttons constantly lit, and only the player controls to change. But right now the only constant thing lit are the start and coin buttons. Im not using the Mame setup, since my wheels are mixes of emulators.

Thanks!

As it stands the Demo Mode does not light up the 'Always Active' controls. I can look into adding this as an enhancement.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

shitoken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2023, 03:00:53 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1201 on: June 03, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Parameters problem was with EDS and now solved already by help of sevenseal.
But have another 2 problems which I believe is by Ledblinky after checking all the others.

Both Players buttons lit up in wrong sequences as per below 2 photos whenever enter the main wheel.
If enter into system wheels once the demo buttons lit off,  again the wrong sequences buttons will lit up.
I have compared other ledblinky users on youtube they seems have very good setup.

I have also attached debug if you have time please help me to take a look thank you bro.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:30:12 am by shitoken »

romeot089

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 14, 2016, 07:20:58 am
« Reply #1202 on: June 14, 2016, 05:33:58 am »
Hi,

I'm newbie and I have an issue I do not understood.

Currently I use LedBlinky 6.2.2 with license:
- I already configure each key to map to the right letter under ledblinky
- I use MAME 0.172 and hyperspin 1.3 and rocketlauncher
- Hyperspin is configure to use LedBlinky with success.

My Issue:
I start the game 1941, I have 2 buttons mapped but LedBlinky turn on the light on P1Button1 for fire and P2Button1 for loop.
The issue is instead of turn on the light button for P1Button2 it light on the P2Button1.
I use French keyboard and I did the test by exchange the "Z" and "W": same issue.

Do you any ideas where I missed configuration?

Thanks

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1203 on: June 14, 2016, 08:35:24 am »
Hi Arzoo

Parameters problem was with EDS and now solved already by help of sevenseal.
But have another 2 problems which I believe is by Ledblinky after checking all the others.

Both Players buttons lit up in wrong sequences as per below 2 photos whenever enter the main wheel.
If enter into system wheels once the demo buttons lit off,  again the wrong sequences buttons will lit up.
I have compared other ledblinky users on youtube they seems have very good setup.

I have also attached debug if you have time please help me to take a look thank you bro.

I looked over the log and nothing jumps out as a problem. Unfortunately the pictures do not help. Can you elaborate when you say "wrong sequences". For me to help I'll need to know the name of the game, and the exact buttons/ports that are lighting up incorrectly. Shoot me an email and we can follow-up offline.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1204 on: June 14, 2016, 08:38:17 am »
Hi,

I'm newbie and I have an issue I do not understood.

Currently I use LedBlinky 6.2.2 with license:
- I already configure each key to map to the right letter under ledblinky
- I use MAME 0.172 and hyperspin 1.3 and rocketlauncher
- Hyperspin is configure to use LedBlinky with success.

My Issue:
I start the game 1941, I have 2 buttons mapped but LedBlinky turn on the light on P1Button1 for fire and P2Button1 for loop.
The issue is instead of turn on the light button for P1Button2 it light on the P2Button1.
I use French keyboard and I did the test by exchange the "Z" and "W": same issue.

Do you any ideas where I missed configuration?

Thanks

Hi, Try using the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app and see if it can provide an answer. If not, email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

uptown47

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2022, 05:46:44 pm
  • Just takin' life one game of Frogger at a time...
« Reply #1205 on: June 22, 2016, 06:01:01 pm »
Firstly I just want to congratulate you on an excellent piece of software. LEDBlinky is awesome!

I do have a question though that you might be able to help me with.

LEDBlinky runs great for MAME in Hyperspin. When I exit Hyperspin though I have it set up so the PC starts up Jukebox Arcade (just a jukebox simulator). I would ideally like (if possible) to switch LEDBlinky to the sound activated animations at this point. However it seems that LEDBlinky shuts down when Hyperspin closes.

I can get LEDBlinky working with the jukebox via the "test" menu for the sound animations but is there a way to switch LEDBlinky to this mode either when Hyperspin shuts or when the jukebox arcade software starts?

Realise this is probably a long shot but LEDBlinky does everything else so thought I'd ask.

Thanks again for a great piece of software and keep up the brilliant work. It's certainly appreciated. :-)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1206 on: June 22, 2016, 09:47:04 pm »
LEDBlinky runs great for MAME in Hyperspin. When I exit Hyperspin though I have it set up so the PC starts up Jukebox Arcade (just a jukebox simulator). I would ideally like (if possible) to switch LEDBlinky to the sound activated animations at this point. However it seems that LEDBlinky shuts down when Hyperspin closes.

I can get LEDBlinky working with the jukebox via the "test" menu for the sound animations but is there a way to switch LEDBlinky to this mode either when Hyperspin shuts or when the jukebox arcade software starts?

I'm pretty sure you can get this to work the way you want. First, you'll need to configure LEDBlinky to use an Audio Animation for the jukebox. This support link should help. Next, you'll need to get LEDBlinky running after you exit HS using command line parameters;
Code: [Select]
ledblinky.exe audio.lwax <animation>.lwax <animation> is the name of the audio animation file you wish to use. The readme.txt and Install and Config.pdf have complete information on the LEDBlinky command line parameters. The last piece of the puzzle is getting LEDBlinky to launch automatically when HS exits and the jukebox starts. For this I would suggest using a batch or script file which launches first LEDBlinky and then the jukebox exe. Hope this makes sense.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

uptown47

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1207 on: June 23, 2016, 03:36:37 am »
That's brilliant arzoo, thanks for the info.

I'll get that sorted.

All my best wishes and thanks again for all your help :-)

uptown47

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1208 on: June 23, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can get this to work the way you want. First, you'll need to configure LEDBlinky to use an Audio Animation for the jukebox. This support link should help. Next, you'll need to get LEDBlinky running after you exit HS using command line parameters;
Code: [Select]
ledblinky.exe audio.lwax <animation>.lwax <animation> is the name of the audio animation file you wish to use. The readme.txt and Install and Config.pdf have complete information on the LEDBlinky command line parameters. The last piece of the puzzle is getting LEDBlinky to launch automatically when HS exits and the jukebox starts. For this I would suggest using a batch or script file which launches first LEDBlinky and then the jukebox exe. Hope this makes sense.

That worked an absolute treat Arzoo! Thank you.

I've just bought LEDBlinky. I think the least I can do is give you a couple of beers for all your help and hard work.

Thanks again  :applaud:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1209 on: June 23, 2016, 04:18:45 pm »
That worked an absolute treat Arzoo! Thank you.

I've just bought LEDBlinky. I think the least I can do is give you a couple of beers for all your help and hard work.

Thanks again  :applaud:

Thanks, beer it is!  :cheers:
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

scoodidabop

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:48:26 pm
« Reply #1210 on: June 24, 2016, 10:34:46 am »
So this one is a little odd as I haven't encountered this problem before across several builds:

All systems setup, configured, yada yada.  It's a 4 player setup.  Every system lights up properly accept MAME.  Specifically buttons 5, 6 and 7 on player 2 don't light up be default.  For example if I choose Street Fighter II buttons 5 and 6 don't light up.  For Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 I've actually changed those default setups and am using a custom input map, and on those games button 5 and 6 do indeed light up.  So with that in mind it seems like an issue with default mappings somehow. 

Sorry this is a bit of a word salad.  It's early and I'm sorting out my thoughts on the problem.   :cry:

EDIT:  Fixed.  It looks like my LED Blinky was pointing to an older MAME/cfg file. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:23:08 am by scoodidabop »

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1211 on: July 02, 2016, 03:32:17 pm »
Wanted to know if this was possible.

I have a main wheel when you enter Hyperspin, listed with Fighting, Classics, Puzzle, Lightgun, Driving, Run & Gun, etc.
Each wheel has its own set of games from multiple emulators. I put together each wheel arduously with every game. And everything works.

The issue is, the main wheel doesnt light up anything when switching between genres. I dont have a "Mame" wheel per se, but compiled wheels.
I noticed that in the LEDBlinky log as well as the HS log, Mame is called first. In the LEDBlinky Controls Config, I made a MAME entry, and used FIGHTING and CLASSICS as the Roms. I can set colors, but not control buttons. I dont use the Mame preset list that most people use for colors.

What I want to do is have every button on my CP light up between emulator selection. In the Config, do I need to put a Emulator name somewhere that gets called on from the main menu, or is there something Im missing?

My Config is listed with all the emulators, each one has a <default> which only comes to light once inside the emulator wheel.
What is the main menu wheel called as? and how can I translate that to Blinky?

Thanks for all of your help!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1212 on: July 04, 2016, 11:18:24 am »
Wanted to know if this was possible.

I have a main wheel when you enter Hyperspin, listed with Fighting, Classics, Puzzle, Lightgun, Driving, Run & Gun, etc.
Each wheel has its own set of games from multiple emulators. I put together each wheel arduously with every game. And everything works.

The issue is, the main wheel doesnt light up anything when switching between genres. I dont have a "Mame" wheel per se, but compiled wheels.
I noticed that in the LEDBlinky log as well as the HS log, Mame is called first. In the LEDBlinky Controls Config, I made a MAME entry, and used FIGHTING and CLASSICS as the Roms. I can set colors, but not control buttons. I dont use the Mame preset list that most people use for colors.

What I want to do is have every button on my CP light up between emulator selection. In the Config, do I need to put a Emulator name somewhere that gets called on from the main menu, or is there something Im missing?

My Config is listed with all the emulators, each one has a <default> which only comes to light once inside the emulator wheel.
What is the main menu wheel called as? and how can I translate that to Blinky?

Thanks for all of your help!

Hi - please enable the Debug Log, run HS and switch between some wheels and games (maybe start a game or two), then email me back the debug.ZIP file and we'll go from there.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1213 on: July 04, 2016, 04:32:44 pm »
Sent. Thanks!

nutter1980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2016, 11:04:04 am
« Reply #1214 on: July 22, 2016, 04:07:34 am »
Hi everyone, I am new here.

I have just purchased an IPAC Ultimate IO, I have completed all wiring etc and all buttons on my control panel are working in terms of key function.
I decided on purchasing RGB leds for P1/P1coin/P2/P2coin and I also Enter/Exit and 2 pinball buttons on the side of the cab.

All I want to do is simply make these light up at all times a specific colour of my choice regardless of which FE is running or which game. I am not to bothered about animation or flashing at this stage but will no doubt learn over time.

Can anyone please explain how I can achieve simply lighting the buttons a specific colour at all times. FYI I have ran the test functions in LED blinky and can confirm that all the lights work etc.
Just cant seem to figure out how to do this basic thing.

Any help would be appreciated !!!

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #1215 on: July 22, 2016, 05:32:05 am »
In the LED controls program just add the buttons and colours want them to be to the "default" that should do what you want.

nutter1980

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1216 on: July 22, 2016, 07:20:56 am »
Ok Whilst that sounds simply. Do I need to have something running on Windows startup so they light up immediately?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1217 on: July 22, 2016, 07:33:36 am »
Afraid I am not framiliar with your board so cant comment.
I use a PACLED 64 which allows you to flash the board so it brings the lights on the colour you want right from power up.
But the LED config software ties into hyperspin or whatever so it only starts when you launch hyperspin etc.

nutter1980

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1218 on: July 22, 2016, 07:36:03 am »
Ok I am using an IPAC Ultimate. PACLED64 software can be used to record a script with my board. No quite sure what to do with it though.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1219 on: July 22, 2016, 08:01:09 am »
Ahh in that case you can download the software for it from the Ultimarc website which allows you to set the buttons the way you want right from power on.

http://www.ultimarc.com/PacLED64.exe

http://www.ultimarc.com/pacled64.html

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1220 on: July 22, 2016, 09:59:23 am »

I have just purchased an IPAC Ultimate IO, I have completed all wiring etc and all buttons on my control panel are working in terms of key function.
I decided on purchasing RGB leds for P1/P1coin/P2/P2coin and I also Enter/Exit and 2 pinball buttons on the side of the cab.

All I want to do is simply make these light up at all times a specific colour of my choice regardless of which FE is running or which game. I am not to bothered about animation or flashing at this stage but will no doubt learn over time.

Can anyone please explain how I can achieve simply lighting the buttons a specific colour at all times. FYI I have ran the test functions in LED blinky and can confirm that all the lights work etc.

If you only want a static set of LEDs/buttons illuminated then as Titchgamer mentioned, you can use the Ultimarc software to flash the hardware with a specific startup configuration and you won't need any additional software (like LEDBlinky). There are various ways you can achieve the same results with LEDBlinky but it's overkill if you just want the LEDs on and nothing more.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

nutter1980

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1221 on: July 22, 2016, 10:21:06 am »

If you only want a static set of LEDs/buttons illuminated then as Titchgamer mentioned, you can use the Ultimarc software to flash the hardware with a specific startup configuration and you won't need any additional software (like LEDBlinky). There are various ways you can achieve the same results with LEDBlinky but it's overkill if you just want the LEDs on and nothing more.

Ok, Thanks for the info chaps .

I still am not sure actually how to record the script. How do I get PAC64 to actually light up the LEDs in a certain colour. There is no option to set the LEDs in a specific colour in the software.
Really sorry for my lack on knowledge but if someone can explain or point me the right direction how to do this it would be great.

Sorry about this!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1222 on: July 22, 2016, 11:03:59 am »
Ok, Thanks for the info chaps .

I still am not sure actually how to record the script. How do I get PAC64 to actually light up the LEDs in a certain colour. There is no option to set the LEDs in a specific colour in the software.
Really sorry for my lack on knowledge but if someone can explain or point me the right direction how to do this it would be great.

Sorry about this!

Each RGB LED should be wired to three ports (Red/Green/Blue). You control the color by adjusting the intensity value for each port - basically mixing the red, green, and blue levels.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1223 on: July 22, 2016, 12:26:24 pm »
I have never done it with the ultimarc software so I may be wrong but I assume you adjust each of the LED's individually on the brightness tab.
As arzoo said there are 3 leds ber button so you will have to adjust each block of 3.

As for the script you can record and test them in the settings tab of the software though I am not sure how exactly as i never did it.
From what I understand though once you have flashed the controller the old settings are lost so be aware of that.

If you need specific help Andy and ultimarc is a very kind and helpfull bloke who ime sure will help you out :)

newoski

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
« Reply #1224 on: August 03, 2016, 11:05:32 am »
Hi Arzoo,

I'm using 0.176 and I'm noticing some really weird behavior regarding Primary Controls. For gauntdl24, instead of saying Primary Control 8-Way Joystick, it is saying Primary Control 8-Way Joystick and 8-Way Joystick and 8-Way Joystick and 8-Way Joystick. Additionally, no buttons light up.

When I import the rom in Controls Editor, it shows the repeating 8-Way Joystick (4x) as well... Additionally, none of the game buttons light up.

UPDATE:
I've tested using my old mamelist.xml from 0.160 and the problem doesn't happen -- and the correct buttons light up -- with older mamelist.xml. Arzoo, is there a Blinky update I need to grab to fix this?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:19:59 am by newoski »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1225 on: August 03, 2016, 11:54:27 am »
Hi Arzoo,

I'm using 0.176 and I'm noticing some really weird behavior regarding Primary Controls. For gauntdl24, instead of saying Primary Control 8-Way Joystick, it is saying Primary Control 8-Way Joystick and 8-Way Joystick and 8-Way Joystick and 8-Way Joystick. Additionally, no buttons light up.

When I import the rom in Controls Editor, it shows the repeating 8-Way Joystick (4x) as well... Additionally, none of the game buttons light up.

UPDATE:
I've tested using my old mamelist.xml from 0.160 and the problem doesn't happen -- and the correct buttons light up -- with older mamelist.xml. Arzoo, is there a Blinky update I need to grab to fix this?

I do have an update in the queue that fixes some problems with newer versions of mame.xml. If you want to give the update a try, shoot me an email and I'll send you a download link.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
« Reply #1226 on: August 03, 2016, 11:55:14 am »
Hi Arzoo,

UPDATE:

I do have an update in the queue that fixes some problems with newer versions of mame.xml. If you want to give the update a try, shoot me an email and I'll send you a download link.
Thanks. Email sent

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

IMMark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2016, 07:30:02 pm
« Reply #1227 on: August 05, 2016, 02:54:31 pm »
Hi
I am back trying to finish this long time project  ;D
I am having trouble getting LEDBlinky to light any LED's (other than in tests), so I think I am good with wiring etc.
I have a 2 player game, 2 joysticks (non-lighted), trackball (RGB), spinner and 6 buttons per player (RGB), plus coin, start and pause buttons.
I am using Ultimate I/O, running Win7 and using MAMEUI64.

I have used LEDBlinky input map (and think I have that correct)?
In LEDBlinky config, I have FE set to "other front end", and have MAME config folder pointed back to CFG folder in MAMEUI64, I have colors.ini pointed to Color-RGB.ini in the LEDBlinky folder, and have "Use MAME to Trigger" checked.

I hope I am somewhat close to what needs done?  If there is anymore info. I can provide let me know (or if this should be posted elsewhere)?
Thanks for any help or direction!
Mark

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1228 on: August 05, 2016, 03:56:47 pm »
Hi
I am back trying to finish this long time project  ;D
I am having trouble getting LEDBlinky to light any LED's (other than in tests), so I think I am good with wiring etc.
I have a 2 player game, 2 joysticks (non-lighted), trackball (RGB), spinner and 6 buttons per player (RGB), plus coin, start and pause buttons.
I am using Ultimate I/O, running Win7 and using MAMEUI64.

I have used LEDBlinky input map (and think I have that correct)?
In LEDBlinky config, I have FE set to "other front end", and have MAME config folder pointed back to CFG folder in MAMEUI64, I have colors.ini pointed to Color-RGB.ini in the LEDBlinky folder, and have "Use MAME to Trigger" checked.

I hope I am somewhat close to what needs done?  If there is anymore info. I can provide let me know (or if this should be posted elsewhere)?
Thanks for any help or direction!
Mark

What version of MAMEUI64 are you using?

As of mame .170 the output system is broken and LEDBlinky can't detect any mame output events. A patch has been submitted and implemented as of .176 but the interface library (between LEDBlinky and mame) is still in the process of getting updated. Also, I'm not sure how patches to mame are migrated to MAMEUI64.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

IMMark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2016, 07:30:02 pm
« Reply #1229 on: August 05, 2016, 06:44:57 pm »
Sorry, yes  I am using version .154, so I thought that shouldn't be an issue?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1230 on: August 05, 2016, 09:00:26 pm »
Sorry, yes  I am using version .154, so I thought that shouldn't be an issue?

Turn on the Debug Log option, run a few games, then email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll see what's going on.

You could also try using the MAMEOutputTest app to see if LEDBlinky is detecting any mame outputs.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:31:20 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

scam3r

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2017, 05:24:50 pm
« Reply #1231 on: September 01, 2016, 07:39:51 am »
I have been having a torrid time with LEDBlinky and Pac64LED, on my own build...  I can't even get an output when in debug mode, before it crashes hyperspin as it hangs the USB controller. (is there any drivers i need to install? as I wasn't aware of any)

Without LEDBlinky enabled, everything runs fine.

Any pointers to what to try would be helpful.

Running 1.72 roms, MameiFX64 1.64 (to get around current issues with mame), hyperspin 1.4, RocketLauncher

Should I get my Mame build up to 1.76 before going any further?

scam3r

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2017, 05:24:50 pm
« Reply #1232 on: September 01, 2016, 09:22:58 am »
Ignore my previous post for the moment....   This maybe user error....

kmoney2315

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2021, 09:43:36 pm
« Reply #1233 on: September 04, 2016, 03:02:29 pm »
Hello @arzoo , I was wondering since Jason the developer of LaunchBox has integrated the use of LedBlinky inside of LaunchBox and BigBox now,would it be too much trouble if you could include a proper plugin with LedBlinky? Also since there is not a  plugin right now would I just choose "Other Front End" under the FE options and everything should work properly if I have everything else setup correctly?

Thanks for your time!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1234 on: September 04, 2016, 09:39:50 pm »
Hello @arzoo , I was wondering since Jason the developer of LaunchBox has integrated the use of LedBlinky inside of LaunchBox and BigBox now,would it be too much trouble if you could include a proper plugin with LedBlinky? Also since there is not a  plugin right now would I just choose "Other Front End" under the FE options and everything should work properly if I have everything else setup correctly?

Thanks for your time!

Assuming LaunchBox is sending the correct commands to LEDBlinky, there's no need for any plugin. But since I wasn't involved with the integration, I can't be sure LEDBlinky will work as expected - I'll need to do some testing. For now, try setting the FE to "Other Front End" and see how it works.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

kmoney2315

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2021, 09:43:36 pm
« Reply #1235 on: September 05, 2016, 07:56:01 pm »

Thanks for your time!

Assuming LaunchBox is sending the correct commands to LEDBlinky, there's no need for any plugin. But since I wasn't involved with the integration, I can't be sure LEDBlinky will work as expected - I'll need to do some testing. For now, try setting the FE to "Other Front End" and see how it works.

That would be great if you could test to see if everything is working properly as I think there is a couple of things I noticed in testing that did not seem correct. I have also posted over on the LaunchBox Beta Testing post in the forums about the issues I found that I think are easy fixes.
Thanks arzoo

herve

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2017, 03:35:24 pm
« Reply #1236 on: September 10, 2016, 10:42:36 am »
Hi,

I'm trying to use Ledblinky with latest files. The link to the controls.ini file  http://controls.arcadecontrols.com/  seems to be dead. Is it possible to have a new link ?

Thanks

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1237 on: September 10, 2016, 11:04:33 am »
Hi,

I'm trying to use Ledblinky with latest files. The link to the controls.ini file  http://controls.arcadecontrols.com/  seems to be dead. Is it possible to have a new link ?

Thanks

http://ledblinky.net/downloads/controls_ini.zip
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

johnstewart

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2016, 02:43:05 pm
« Reply #1238 on: September 10, 2016, 03:29:54 pm »
Hello; I recently built a control panel using the Ultimarc Ultimate I/O board.

I'm trying to get LEDblinky to work using no frontend; just MAME. I know there were some issues with the output system in MAME .170 and later, so I chalked up my LEDblinky issues to that. But more recently I went back to .169 to see if I could get LEDblinky to work, and I'm still stumped. I started with a virgin copy of the MAME 0.169 distribution.

Basically, the symptom is that LEDblinky never sees the emulator running, and never lights up any of the control panel lights. I feel like I'm missing some obvious checkbox somewhere.

I got the input map all configured. This seems to work:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/spa/oxiisko9e3k4yis/ue6u0-bk.png

And I think I have LEDblinky configured as instructed. I have "Other Front-End" selected in the FE menu (there is no "no front-end" option).

My settings under Game Options:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/spa/oxiisko9e3k4yis/afpupx47.png

My settings under MAME Config:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/spa/oxiisko9e3k4yis/860ac-8l.png

The debug log only seems to log LEDblinky itself starting/stopping, even if I'm running MAME:

[09/10/2016 14:22:22] Event Started: FE_QUIT
[09/10/2016 14:22:22] Event Completed: FE_QUIT
[09/10/2016 14:22:24]
[09/10/2016 14:22:24] LEDBlinky v6.2.2.3
[09/10/2016 14:26:46] Event Started: FE_QUIT
[09/10/2016 14:26:46] Event Completed: FE_QUIT

And the troubleshooter is saying no emulators were run:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/spa/oxiisko9e3k4yis/uiebo2vm.png

Yet when I run MAME Output Test, I *do* seem to see communication between LEDblinky and MAME:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/spa/oxiisko9e3k4yis/y297e-au.png

I've got to me missing something obvious here. Any suggestions?

thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.3
« Reply #1239 on: September 17, 2016, 12:21:03 am »
Released version 6.3 which adds support for LaunchBox and BigBox! Plus fixed a bunch of bugs introduced with latest versions of mame.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction