Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 559776 times)

Blueic5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2018, 05:31:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.2
« Reply #920 on: January 22, 2015, 02:08:21 pm »
Been playing with this to change maps on my u360 and it's working well thanks.   One thing I can't find is if it's possible to load a map on mala exit in the mouse one?   

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #921 on: January 22, 2015, 07:33:56 pm »
Been playing with this to change maps on my u360 and it's working well thanks.   One thing I can't find is if it's possible to load a map on mala exit in the mouse one?

Assuming you can configure mala to run a command or script file on exit, you can use the following LEDBlinky command:
Code: [Select]
<path>\ledblinky\LEDBlinky.exe 13 <map name>The <map name> refers to the .um files in the /jdr folder. Typical values: analog, joy2way, joy4way, joy8way, joydiag, vjoy2way. Default is joy8way. For the mouse you would use Analog.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:42:39 pm
« Reply #922 on: January 22, 2015, 11:32:49 pm »
Hey arzoo!

I just saw that you released 6.2... excited to try it out!  I don't want to be pushy or anything, but did you ever get a chance to take a look at the code and see if making an ini option to not clear the ports between animations was a possibility?  I love your software and it would be awesome to be able to have it be the backbone of the lighting features of my Free Skee software.  Again, not meaning to be pushy I was just curious if you've had a chance to see if it was a viable option.

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #923 on: January 23, 2015, 03:48:57 pm »
Hey arzoo!

I just saw that you released 6.2... excited to try it out!  I don't want to be pushy or anything, but did you ever get a chance to take a look at the code and see if making an ini option to not clear the ports between animations was a possibility?  I love your software and it would be awesome to be able to have it be the backbone of the lighting features of my Free Skee software.  Again, not meaning to be pushy I was just curious if you've had a chance to see if it was a viable option.

Hmmm, this never made it onto my requested enhancements list. No worries, I'll go back into the code and see if it's feasible. If so, I'll get you a beta version for testing. I'll let you know either way.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:42:39 pm
« Reply #924 on: January 23, 2015, 05:10:10 pm »
Hey arzoo!

Hmmm, this never made it onto my requested enhancements list. No worries, I'll go back into the code and see if it's feasible. If so, I'll get you a beta version for testing. I'll let you know either way.

You're awesome man, thanks!  I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to see if it's a feasible option.

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

bsong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2018, 06:28:53 pm
« Reply #925 on: March 19, 2015, 11:56:28 pm »
have the same issue with the other emulators not lighting up only MAME works any ideas ??

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #926 on: March 20, 2015, 10:09:01 am »
have the same issue with the other emulators not lighting up only MAME works any ideas ??

Please see this support link: http://ledblinky.net/Install.htm#OtherEmulators
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:11:06 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bfauska

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2023, 04:41:45 pm
  • "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an @##hole!"
« Reply #927 on: March 21, 2015, 01:18:23 pm »
I'm planning on using more than one RGB LED around my trackball and I'd like them to be wired to separate ports on my ipac ultimate for the sake of animation but still have them all illuminate when a game uses the trackball. Is there a way to have LEDs be independently addressable for the sake of animation but be treated as one control device when launching a game and having the LEDs indicate which controls are used?

Edit:
I think I figured it out. I was trying to use the same port label for all of them but it seems like coming up with unique port labels but still assigning them to the same input codes does what I want.

Thanks for the great product. I've been amazed at how easy it's been use.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:29:59 pm by bfauska »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #928 on: March 21, 2015, 01:56:05 pm »
I think I figured it out. I was trying to use the same port label for all of them but it seems like coming up with unique port labels but still assigning them to the same input codes does what I want.

That is exactly right!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

kweller

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2015, 11:54:55 pm
« Reply #929 on: March 25, 2015, 04:42:39 pm »
LEDBlinky Controls Editor Question

I have a paid license for LEDBlinky, but do not have my Ultimate I/O yet.  I was trying to setup the other controls for the other wheels within Hyperspin, for example "Nintendo Entertainment System".  Unless I am reading the instructions incorrectly, once I play a NES game, this should add the emulator name and rom game to the list.  However if I perform this and run the "Import-->Unknown Games" action, I receive the following error, "There are no Unknown ROMs or Games".    In the Hyperspin log I show the following:

03:09:21 PM |  Nintendo Entertainment System wheel loaded successfully
03:09:21 PM |  Nintendo Entertainment System wheel loaded successfully
03:09:22 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "Cabal (USA)"
03:09:23 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "Caltron - 6 in 1 (USA) (Unl)"
03:09:24 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "Capcom's Gold Medal Challenge '92 (USA)"
03:09:25 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "California Games (USA)"
03:09:29 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "Castlevania II - Simon's Quest (USA)"
03:09:32 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 (USA)"
03:09:32 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "Chris Evert & Ivan Lendl in Top Players' Tennis (USA)"
03:09:33 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 (USA)"
03:09:33 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 9 "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (USA)"
03:09:35 PM |  Launching Game
03:09:35 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 3 "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (USA)" "Nintendo Entertainment System"
03:09:35 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
03:09:35 PM |  Getting HyperLaunch path
03:09:35 PM |  HyperLaunch located at C:\Personal\hyperspin\hyperlaunch\HyperLaunch.exe
03:09:35 PM |  Running HyperLaunch.exe
03:09:35 PM |  HyperLaunch Command Line is: C:\Personal\hyperspin\hyperlaunch\HyperLaunch.exe "Nintendo Entertainment System" "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (USA)"
03:10:17 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 4
03:10:18 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 4
03:10:18 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml
03:10:18 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 8
03:10:18 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded
03:10:19 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully
03:10:20 PM |  Exit program unavailable
03:10:20 PM |  Quiting Hyperspin
03:10:20 PM |  Command Line is: "C:\Personal\hyperspin\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe" 2
03:10:20 PM |  Bye!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:45:40 pm by kweller »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #930 on: March 25, 2015, 04:59:56 pm »
LEDBlinky Controls Editor Question

I have a paid license for LEDBlinky, but do not have my Ultimate I/O yet.  I was trying to setup the other controls for the other wheels within Hyperspin, for example "Nintendo Entertainment System".  Unless I am reading the instructions incorrectly, once I play a NES game, this should add the emulator name and rom game to the list.  However if I perform this and run the "Import-->Unknown Games" action, I receive the following error, "There are no Unknown ROMs or Games".   

Without the LED controller, LEDBlinky won't actually do anything so it never records the unknown roms/games. You can manually edit the settings.ini file and set the following key under [OtherSettings] to trick LEDBlinky into thinking the IPacUIO is connected:

LEDControllersOverride=IP1
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:04:27 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2023, 11:47:26 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #931 on: April 03, 2015, 02:16:29 am »
I'm having issues with LEDBlinky not toggling my servo-stiks back to 4 way on game exit.  I'm running hyperspin, and when I open an 8-way game, it switches the servos to 8 way properly.  When i quit the game, it doesn't toggle back to 4 Way, so when I then open a 4 way game, it doesn't toggle to 4 way for the game.  Hope this makes sense.  Is anyone else experiencing this or know how to correct?

In case anyone else is having this issue, it seems HyperLaunch 3.0 loses focus and sends rogue FEGameQuit command immediately following the GameStart command.   

There is a workaround posted here: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?26629-LEDBlinky-reverting-to-FE-controls-when-launching-emulator

I was having a similar problem where after selecting a game, just before the fade screen would start, Hyperspin would move to the next game on the menu (causing HyperSpin to think the emulator had ended). This caused Hyperspin to still be running even though the emulator ran fine after the fade screen. After much trail and error I found the problem.

- Hyperspin was configured to use a spinner (or mouse doesn't matter)
- Hyperlaunch 3 was configured to "Hide the Cursor"

What was happening is that before starting the fade screen, HyperLaunch moved the mouse cursor off screen and this triggered Hyperspin to move one game. Because of the speed of HyperLaunch, HyperSpin did not recognize that it has lost focus.

The easy solution was - Configure HyperLaunch not to hide the cursor. A permanent solution would involve Hyperlaunch to hide the cursor after the fade screen or emulator has started.

Hope this helps others with this problem.

Cheers.

First, read the thread, and then here are some more details to the overall steps to complete in more detail:

1. Download the LEDBlinky Filter supplied by that thread, extract to your computer, and update the INI to link to your real LEDBlinky.exe file
2. Go to HyperHQ, change your LEDBlinky Link to the new folder with the filter from the Tools menu
 a. (Optional) Add the 3rd variable as suggested by another user in thread to LEDBlinky.ahk script in the Filter folder
3. Go to Hyperlaunch/lib/user functions.ahk and add the exit script supplied in that thread.  Change the LEDBlinky path to the path of your Filter LEDBlinky.exe supplied in #1.

Hope this helps!

JesseA

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2015, 05:04:04 pm
« Reply #932 on: April 08, 2015, 11:29:07 am »
I've been having a strange issue with my Howler controller and LEDBlinky (6.1 and 6.2). During game play (TMNT and BToads) the characters will start moving to the top left of the screen like the joysticks are stuck (there centered physically). Sometimes pausing the game will get it working again other times you have to stop and unplug the howler. I have not been able to recreate it with the debug log running yet. Front end is Mala 1.820 I'm using a merged XML made with Romlister. I've had it happen with two separate howlers and computers. I noticed  colors.ini and controls.ini have been modified on the one machine (colors changed and number of players changed manually on a few games).

I'll do some more testing and see if I can't get a debug for the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #933 on: April 08, 2015, 01:38:24 pm »
I've been having a strange issue with my Howler controller and LEDBlinky (6.1 and 6.2). During game play (TMNT and BToads) the characters will start moving to the top left of the screen like the joysticks are stuck (there centered physically). Sometimes pausing the game will get it working again other times you have to stop and unplug the howler. I have not been able to recreate it with the debug log running yet. Front end is Mala 1.820 I'm using a merged XML made with Romlister. I've had it happen with two separate howlers and computers. I noticed  colors.ini and controls.ini have been modified on the one machine (colors changed and number of players changed manually on a few games).

I'll do some more testing and see if I can't get a debug for the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are the joysticks wired to the Howler? When this happens, are the LEDs actively changing? I would guess this has something to do with the Howler hardware or firmware. Have you tried contacting Wolfware?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JesseA

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2015, 05:04:04 pm
« Reply #934 on: April 08, 2015, 04:38:06 pm »
Yup joysticks are wired to the Howler and LED change color once it occurs. I had the problem on Version 0.255 Howler firmware and have not been able to confirm if it's still a problem since reverting to Version 0.202 (panels 2 hours away from me).

LEDBlinky cannot detect the Howler after it occurs so I also believe the howler is the root of the problem. It has happen during a single player game and four player game of TMNT (I originally thought 4 people mashing buttons had something to do with it but it seems not). 

I will email wolfware and see whats up. Thank you!

kweller

• Offline Offline
« Reply #935 on: April 10, 2015, 12:39:39 am »
Just curious if anyone has come across this.

Ultimarc Ultimate I/O

Red Wire produces Red button color
Blue Wire produces Blue button color
Green Wire produces Green button color
All three connected produce White button color

When editing in ledblinkycontrolseditor, the color for Red turns the RGB button to Blue.  The Green selection turns the RGB button to Purple.  The Blue selection turns the RGB button to Yellow.  I find no errors in the log, am I missing something?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #936 on: April 10, 2015, 08:58:12 am »
Just curious if anyone has come across this.

Ultimarc Ultimate I/O

Red Wire produces Red button color
Blue Wire produces Blue button color
Green Wire produces Green button color
All three connected produce White button color

When editing in ledblinkycontrolseditor, the color for Red turns the RGB button to Blue.  The Green selection turns the RGB button to Purple.  The Blue selection turns the RGB button to Yellow.  I find no errors in the log, am I missing something?

Using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap app, make sure you have the correct LED Type (color) assigned to each port. If everything seems correct, email me back your LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

kweller

• Offline Offline
« Reply #937 on: April 10, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<dat>
  <meta>
    <description name="Used by LEDBlinky for LED Input Map Data."/>
    <generatedBy name="genledblinkyinputmap.exe"/>
    <version name="6.2.0.0"/>
    <date name="04/10/2015 21:37:36"/>
  </meta>
  <ledController type="6" id="1" name="iPACUltimateIO">
    <port number="1" label="P1B1" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Y"/>
    <port number="2" label="P1B1" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Y"/>
    <port number="3" label="P1B1" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Y"/>
    <port number="4" label="P1B2" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_U"/>
    <port number="5" label="P1B2" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_U"/>
    <port number="6" label="P1B2" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_U"/>
    <port number="7" label="P1B3" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_O"/>
    <port number="8" label="P1B3" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_O"/>
    <port number="9" label="P1B3" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_O"/>
    <port number="10" label="P1B4" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Z"/>
    <port number="11" label="P1B4" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Z"/>
    <port number="12" label="P1B4" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Z"/>
    <port number="13" label="P1B5" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_X"/>
    <port number="14" label="P1B5" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_X"/>
    <port number="15" label="P1B5" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_X"/>
    <port number="16" label="P1B6" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_N"/>
    <port number="17" label="P1B6" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_N"/>
    <port number="18" label="P1B6" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_N"/>
    <port number="19" label="P1B7" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_C"/>
    <port number="20" label="P1B7" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_C"/>
    <port number="21" label="P1B7" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_C"/>
    <port number="22" label="P1B8" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_H"/>
    <port number="23" label="P1B8" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_H"/>
    <port number="24" label="P1B8" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_H"/>
    <port number="25" label="P1COIN" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_5"/>
    <port number="26" label="P1COIN" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_5"/>
    <port number="27" label="P1COIN" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_5"/>
    <port number="28" label="P1START" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_1"/>
    <port number="29" label="P1START" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_1"/>
    <port number="30" label="P1START" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_1"/>
    <port number="31" label="P2B1" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_A"/>
    <port number="32" label="P2B1" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_A"/>
    <port number="33" label="P2B1" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_A"/>
    <port number="34" label="P2B2" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_S"/>
    <port number="35" label="P2B2" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_S"/>
    <port number="36" label="P2B2" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_S"/>
    <port number="37" label="P2B3" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Q"/>
    <port number="38" label="P2B3" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Q"/>
    <port number="39" label="P2B3" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_Q"/>
    <port number="40" label="P2B4" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_W"/>
    <port number="41" label="P2B4" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_W"/>
    <port number="42" label="P2B4" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_W"/>
    <port number="43" label="P2B5" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_I"/>
    <port number="44" label="P2B5" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_I"/>
    <port number="45" label="P2B5" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_I"/>
    <port number="46" label="P2B6" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_K"/>
    <port number="47" label="P2B6" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_K"/>
    <port number="48" label="P2B6" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_K"/>
    <port number="49" label="P2B7" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_J"/>
    <port number="50" label="P2B7" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_J"/>
    <port number="51" label="P2B7" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_J"/>
    <port number="52" label="P2B8" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_M"/>
    <port number="53" label="P2B8" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_M"/>
    <port number="54" label="P2B8" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_M"/>
    <port number="55" label="P2COIN" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_6"/>
    <port number="56" label="P2COIN" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_6"/>
    <port number="57" label="P2COIN" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_6"/>
    <port number="58" label="P2START" type="R" inputCodes="KEYCODE_2"/>
    <port number="59" label="P2START" type="G" inputCodes="KEYCODE_2"/>
    <port number="60" label="P2START" type="B" inputCodes="KEYCODE_2"/>
    <port number="61" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="62" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="63" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="64" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="65" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="66" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="67" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="68" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="69" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="70" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="71" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="72" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="73" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="74" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="75" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="76" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="77" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="78" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="79" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="80" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="81" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="82" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="83" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="84" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="85" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="86" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="87" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="88" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="89" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="90" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="91" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="92" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="93" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="94" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="95" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
    <port number="96" label="" type="" inputCodes=""/>
  </ledController>
</dat>

Also while in the controls editor if I select P1B1 Red, the button turns Cyan, if I select P1B1 Green the button turns violet, and if I select P1B1 Blue the button turns light yellow.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:48:27 pm by kweller »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #938 on: April 11, 2015, 09:15:43 am »
Also while in the controls editor if I select P1B1 Red, the button turns Cyan, if I select P1B1 Green the button turns violet, and if I select P1B1 Blue the button turns light yellow.

The settings look ok. What happens when you use the SimpleLEDTest app - do the individual ports still light the mixed colors? If so, is it only a few ports or most of them? I'm going to guess this is a hardware/wiring issue.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:18:41 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

IMMark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2016, 07:30:02 pm
« Reply #939 on: April 14, 2015, 08:46:13 pm »
I am having the exact same problem.  For mine in SimpleLEDTest, ports 1, 2 and 3 act just as described , port 1 shows as light blue, port 2 lights as purple and port 3 lights as yellow.  All others light as they should, example port 4 lights red, port 5 lights green and port 6 lights blue, etc. all the way through port 48, then port 49, 50 and 51 light just as ports 1, 2 and 3?   I too am using the Ultimate I/O? 
Mark

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #940 on: April 14, 2015, 09:41:11 pm »
I am having the exact same problem.  For mine in SimpleLEDTest, ports 1, 2 and 3 act just as described , port 1 shows as light blue, port 2 lights as purple and port 3 lights as yellow.  All others light as they should, example port 4 lights red, port 5 lights green and port 6 lights blue, etc. all the way through port 48, then port 49, 50 and 51 light just as ports 1, 2 and 3?   I too am using the Ultimate I/O? 
Mark

Given that two people are having the exact same (very specific) issue, I'm beginning to wonder if there's a bug in the firmware. I'll contact Andy at Ultimarc and see if he can shed any light on this.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

IMMark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #941 on: April 14, 2015, 09:51:08 pm »
Thanks Arzoo, any help is greatly appreciated.  FYI, I have 2 of the Ultimates on hand, each have the same symptoms.
Mark

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #942 on: April 15, 2015, 10:40:14 am »
Thanks Arzoo, any help is greatly appreciated.  FYI, I have 2 of the Ultimates on hand, each have the same symptoms.
Mark

I've been advised by Andy that you need to go into WinIPAC and un-check “enable high current drivers”.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

IMMark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #943 on: April 15, 2015, 03:15:49 pm »
I just tried that, when in SimpleLEDTest;
ports 1, 2 and 3 now work  (Red, Green, Blue) as well as ports 4 through36. Ports 37, 38 and 39 are attached to my trackball led (also from Ultimarc), those 3 ports do not light at all (they did prior to today).  Then ports 40 through 48 work (Red, Green, Blue); however ports 49, 50 and 51 (which are the last ports I have wired, and have them going to Player 2 Start); are now backwards, they go Blue, Green and Red?  Additional information, when I boot up my system (Windows 7), and Mala boots up all Led's are scrolling Red, then Green, etc.; but as soon as I press any button, all Led's die and do not restart?
Any other thoughts, I am willing to change frontends, go to Hyperspin, anything...I have been working on and off with this for over 1 year : (
Thanks again for any help or input!
Mark

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #944 on: April 15, 2015, 06:17:10 pm »
I just tried that, when in SimpleLEDTest;
ports 1, 2 and 3 now work  (Red, Green, Blue) as well as ports 4 through36. Ports 37, 38 and 39 are attached to my trackball led (also from Ultimarc), those 3 ports do not light at all (they did prior to today).  Then ports 40 through 48 work (Red, Green, Blue); however ports 49, 50 and 51 (which are the last ports I have wired, and have them going to Player 2 Start); are now backwards, they go Blue, Green and Red?  Additional information, when I boot up my system (Windows 7), and Mala boots up all Led's are scrolling Red, then Green, etc.; but as soon as I press any button, all Led's die and do not restart?
Any other thoughts, I am willing to change frontends, go to Hyperspin, anything...I have been working on and off with this for over 1 year : (
Thanks again for any help or input!
Mark

At this point I would suggest contacting Ultimarc for further support.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

IMMark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #945 on: April 16, 2015, 10:28:32 am »
Thanks, I will try to contact him and see what I can work out.  Thanks again for your help.
Mark

Mr_Numbers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2017, 10:49:05 am
  • Long time lurker, first time builder
« Reply #946 on: April 22, 2015, 02:08:06 am »
Thanks, I will try to contact him and see what I can work out.  Thanks again for your help.
Mark

Please share if you get a solution as my purchase of an Ultimate I/O is on the fence hearing this.  :)

JamesTKirk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2018, 09:09:02 pm
  • Boldly go .....
« Reply #947 on: April 22, 2015, 10:34:10 am »
I'm having a problem getting LEDBlinky to light custom buttons in MAME. I have some MAME games where I have created a custom 3rd button.

Example would be the game 1944 which uses only 2 buttons (fire and bomb) by default. Pressing and holding fire (P1B1) normally charges your gun however I moved this button to P1B3. Inside MAME I have moved the fire button to P1B3 by making P1B3 be the normal fire action button. Then I have mapped P1 Custom 1 button to also be the fire button but set it to allow me to use auto fire on P1B1. I notice that this P1 Custom button is never lit. How can I resolve this so it's lit? The other two buttons P1B2 and P1B3 (bomb and fire) are lit.

Any ideas dealing with LEDBLINKY and custom buttons?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #948 on: April 23, 2015, 07:33:02 am »
I'm having a problem getting LEDBlinky to light custom buttons in MAME. I have some MAME games where I have created a custom 3rd button.

Example would be the game 1944 which uses only 2 buttons (fire and bomb) by default. Pressing and holding fire (P1B1) normally charges your gun however I moved this button to P1B3. Inside MAME I have moved the fire button to P1B3 by making P1B3 be the normal fire action button. Then I have mapped P1 Custom 1 button to also be the fire button but set it to allow me to use auto fire on P1B1. I notice that this P1 Custom button is never lit. How can I resolve this so it's lit? The other two buttons P1B2 and P1B3 (bomb and fire) are lit.

Any ideas dealing with LEDBLINKY and custom buttons?

From the Controls Editor you'll need to import the mame game and then add the new button. The other option is to manually edit the controls.ini file and add the button there.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JamesTKirk

• Offline Offline
  • Boldly go .....
« Reply #949 on: April 23, 2015, 11:50:51 am »
Thanks for the reply arzoo!

I was reading your support site to try to resolve a few of last remaining issues with my MaLa and LEDBlinky setup and some incorrect controls being lit (or not lit) in certain games. Can you confirm the following is still accurate for the current version of LEDBlinky and the way it works with MaLa?

1) You launch a MAME game and MaLa passes a ROM name to LEDBlinky.
2) The ROM name is used by LEDBlinky to look up a list of Control Names from the controls.ini file.
3) If the ROM name is not found in the controls.ini file, LEDBlinky will use the mame.xml file to get the list of Control Names
4) For each Control Name, LEDBlinky will look through the MAME config (.cfg) files (either ROM specific or the default.cfg) to determine the Input Codes (keyboard and/or joystick) assigned to the control.
5) For each Input Code, LEDBlinky will use the LED Controller/Port input mapping (as defined by the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap application) to determine which ports on each LED Controller should be turned on.

I'm thinking that having a basic understanding of how LEDBlinky Determines which LEDs to light will help me with my troubleshooting.  :P

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #950 on: April 23, 2015, 01:05:56 pm »
Thanks for the reply arzoo!

I was reading your support site to try to resolve a few of last remaining issues with my MaLa and LEDBlinky setup and some incorrect controls being lit (or not lit) in certain games. Can you confirm the following is still accurate for the current version of LEDBlinky and the way it works with MaLa?

1) You launch a MAME game and MaLa passes a ROM name to LEDBlinky.
2) The ROM name is used by LEDBlinky to look up a list of Control Names from the controls.ini file.
3) If the ROM name is not found in the controls.ini file, LEDBlinky will use the mame.xml file to get the list of Control Names
4) For each Control Name, LEDBlinky will look through the MAME config (.cfg) files (either ROM specific or the default.cfg) to determine the Input Codes (keyboard and/or joystick) assigned to the control.
5) For each Input Code, LEDBlinky will use the LED Controller/Port input mapping (as defined by the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap application) to determine which ports on each LED Controller should be turned on.

I'm thinking that having a basic understanding of how LEDBlinky Determines which LEDs to light will help me with my troubleshooting.  :P

Yes, that's correct.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JamesTKirk

• Offline Offline
  • Boldly go .....
« Reply #951 on: April 23, 2015, 02:56:07 pm »
So at what point in this process does LEDBlinky use any of the control changes that have been setup in the LEDBlinky controls editor?

I was able to use the LEDBlinky Controls Editor to custom edit the Rom (1944) so that three buttons and the Joystick light up. From inside the Controls Editor I can test the new custom configuration and it all lights up correctly. Then I save it.

However, when I launch MaLa and scroll to the game and play the game the custom controls I just setup (and tested as working in the Controls Editor) are not lit. Instead the older incorrect controls I'm trying to overwrite are lit.

What am I missing?  :dunno
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:56:28 am by JamesTKirk »

studi27

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2015, 02:43:57 pm
« Reply #952 on: May 07, 2015, 11:44:27 am »
Hi there,
finally got my CP wired up (IPac Ulltimate I/O) and am having trouble with LEDBlinky Controls Editor. I'm running Hyperspin, but after playing an unknown game, when i exit the frontend and try to IMPORT > UNKNOWN GAMES i get the message stating 'no unknown games found'. Any idea's? I'm thinking that maybe i need to be changing the settings in HS to 'tell' it to send the game report to LEDBlinky but can't find a setting for this in hyperHQ.

any help appreciated!

***EDIT*** Apologies - restarted my system and now they appear. LOVE Technology! :-\
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:58:00 am by studi27 »

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2016, 02:05:27 pm
« Reply #953 on: May 11, 2015, 12:27:57 pm »
Hi

Is there a way to get LEDBlinky to speak the game controls when a particular button is pressed? I know you can do it for frontend controls but I wanted to do the same in game.

Basically, if it is possible, I wanted to set my pause key the same as the 'speak controls' key.  Then any time you paused a game LEDBlinky would remind you of the controls.

Thanks for your help

Jon

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #954 on: May 11, 2015, 01:15:39 pm »
Hi

Is there a way to get LEDBlinky to speak the game controls when a particular button is pressed? I know you can do it for frontend controls but I wanted to do the same in game.

Basically, if it is possible, I wanted to set my pause key the same as the 'speak controls' key.  Then any time you paused a game LEDBlinky would remind you of the controls.

Thanks for your help

Jon

From the config app on the Game Options tab, check the "Speak and Blink Controls on Game Pause" option - I think that's what you want.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #955 on: May 11, 2015, 01:19:26 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Thanks for the quick response.  Is that button only for Mame games?

I was hoping to do it on all my emulators, triggered by a certain key?

Thanks

Jon

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #956 on: May 11, 2015, 01:34:25 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Thanks for the quick response.  Is that button only for Mame games?

I was hoping to do it on all my emulators, triggered by a certain key?

Thanks

Jon

That's correct - the pause option only works with mame. LEDBlinky doesn't monitor key presses so there's no way to make that work for other emulators (from within LEDBlinky) - sorry.

It might be possible to use AutoHotKey and manually execute the LEDBlinky GameQuit and then GameStart command to force LEDBlinky to re-speak and flash the game controls. But this could be tricky or problematic. I guess you'd have to experiment a bit.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #957 on: May 18, 2015, 01:26:21 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Bit of a silly question this I know but I can't get LEDBLinky to work from the command line.

From the LEDBLinky folder, I run:

LEDBlinky.exe 1 - this correctly lights my frontend controls (Hyperspin)

I have then tried all sorts of different ways of entering the rom & emulator but the best I can get LEDBlinky to do is turn all the LED's off.

Can you provide an example of how I should enter the game start command, I've tried:

LEDBLinky.exe "BC Racers (USA)" "Sega 32X"
LEDBLinky.exe "BC Racers (USA).zip" "Sega 32X.exe"
LEDBLinky.exe BC Racers (USA) Sega 32X
LEDBlinky.exe <BC Racers (USA)> <Sega 32X>
LEDBLinky.exe (BC Racers (USA) (Sega 32X)

Is the problem the actual names I'm using?  I'm entering them as they are shown in Hyperspin?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #958 on: May 18, 2015, 02:08:36 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Bit of a silly question this I know but I can't get LEDBLinky to work from the command line.

From the LEDBLinky folder, I run:

LEDBlinky.exe 1 - this correctly lights my frontend controls (Hyperspin)

I have then tried all sorts of different ways of entering the rom & emulator but the best I can get LEDBlinky to do is turn all the LED's off.

Can you provide an example of how I should enter the game start command, I've tried:

LEDBLinky.exe "BC Racers (USA)" "Sega 32X"
LEDBLinky.exe "BC Racers (USA).zip" "Sega 32X.exe"
LEDBLinky.exe BC Racers (USA) Sega 32X
LEDBlinky.exe <BC Racers (USA)> <Sega 32X>
LEDBLinky.exe (BC Racers (USA) (Sega 32X)

Is the problem the actual names I'm using?  I'm entering them as they are shown in Hyperspin?

The game and emulator names must be specified exactly the same as HS is passing the values to LEDBlinky. One way to check this is from the Controls Editor Import Unknown Games menu option. Or you could just open the UnknownGames.dat file (in any text editor). If the name has spaces, then you'll need to use double-quotes around the parameter (as you did in the first example, but without the file extension).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

jonnieboyrevel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #959 on: May 18, 2015, 03:31:52 pm »
Arzoo

Thanks for the quick response, I've got it working now

Jon