Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552883 times)

mikeyngo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2015, 10:18:19 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #840 on: May 23, 2014, 09:28:36 am »
Thank you.  Was able to set a few emulators last night.  Just a quick question, there isn't a copy and paste to allow to copy of the key configs from one unknown emulator to the next?  I know your able to copy from Player 1 to Player 2.

Also, I couldn't replicate the crashed I had earlier, however I did have a few EVENT fails in my log when I exit hyperspin.  After searching through this thread, seems like its a normal instance?

Thank you.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #841 on: May 23, 2014, 10:01:07 am »
Thank you.  Was able to set a few emulators last night.  Just a quick question, there isn't a copy and paste to allow to copy of the key configs from one unknown emulator to the next?  I know your able to copy from Player 1 to Player 2.

Also, I couldn't replicate the crashed I had earlier, however I did have a few EVENT fails in my log when I exit hyperspin.  After searching through this thread, seems like its a normal instance?

Thank you.

Sorry but no, the controls editor does not have any function to copy an entire emulator. But you could manually edit the LEDBlinkyControls.xml file (using any text or xml editor) and cut/paste the entire <emulator> node and then change the emuname attribute. I would only try this if you're comfortable working with xml. Also I would suggest you keep a backup copy of the original file in case something gets messed up.

An occasional dropped event is not unusual.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Bennyv07

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2020, 09:39:49 pm
  • Arcade Bartop Builder
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.0
« Reply #842 on: June 11, 2014, 04:11:10 pm »
Does anyone have the control.ini and colors.ini for the MAME .152 rom set. I have a lot of games missing the LEDBLinky effect.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #843 on: June 11, 2014, 06:11:31 pm »
Does anyone have the control.ini and colors.ini for the MAME .152 rom set. I have a lot of games missing the LEDBLinky effect.

As far as I know, the latest controls.ini is .141. http://controls.arcadecontrols.com/controls/controls_dat.php
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

boohiss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2017, 08:31:03 pm
« Reply #844 on: June 14, 2014, 10:00:29 pm »
Is there anybody else out there using LEDwiz together with LEDBlinky, that occasionally has the buttons not all light up?  I've been trying to figure it out for months with no luck.  Currently using Hyperspin and LEDBlinky, everything up to date.  I have 2 LEDwiz boards, each powered by my PC's power supply.  Everything is 5v, so I have the bank voltage select ports daisy chained together since it is all the same voltage.  LEDs have one wire going into the LEDwiz board, and the other daisy chained and connected to my PC power supply 5v, with the PC power supply ground going to the ground port on the LEDwiz board.

What happens is this.  In either attract mode demoing game controls OR upon launch of a game, there always is a small chance that not all buttons will light up.  If I simply go on the Hyperspin wheel and go through the game list between say two games over and over, eventually a game will only light up some of the controls.  Then I go away and back to the game and it lights up fine.  I would say its a 5% chance or so of it happening but it's rather annoying. 

I'm just looking for any kind of suggestion of guidance in getting the buttons to light up correctly 100% of the time.

Edit:  Confirmed the problem is only using Hyperspin.  Using a fresh GameEX install I did not encounter the above problem once.  While using Hyperspin, I do have the "use hyperlaunch" option checked in ledblinky, and have it pointing to my settings.ini as well.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 11:53:06 pm by boohiss »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #845 on: June 15, 2014, 09:44:15 am »
Is there anybody else out there using LEDwiz together with LEDBlinky, that occasionally has the buttons not all light up?  I've been trying to figure it out for months with no luck.  Currently using Hyperspin and LEDBlinky, everything up to date.  I have 2 LEDwiz boards, each powered by my PC's power supply.  Everything is 5v, so I have the bank voltage select ports daisy chained together since it is all the same voltage.  LEDs have one wire going into the LEDwiz board, and the other daisy chained and connected to my PC power supply 5v, with the PC power supply ground going to the ground port on the LEDwiz board.

What happens is this.  In either attract mode demoing game controls OR upon launch of a game, there always is a small chance that not all buttons will light up.  If I simply go on the Hyperspin wheel and go through the game list between say two games over and over, eventually a game will only light up some of the controls.  Then I go away and back to the game and it lights up fine.  I would say its a 5% chance or so of it happening but it's rather annoying. 

I'm just looking for any kind of suggestion of guidance in getting the buttons to light up correctly 100% of the time.

Edit:  Confirmed the problem is only using Hyperspin.  Using a fresh GameEX install I did not encounter the above problem once.  While using Hyperspin, I do have the "use hyperlaunch" option checked in ledblinky, and have it pointing to my settings.ini as well.

When the buttons don't light up - do none of them light or some do light and some don't? If some do light, is it always the same ones or random?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

boohiss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #846 on: June 15, 2014, 02:42:01 pm »
It is always some that do not light up, never all.  And it is very random as to which ones will not light up.  I just went to the N64 wheel in Hyperspin with demo controls set to 999 seconds.  All buttons are set as default for that wheel, so all light up if everything is good.  One time only player 4 buttons 1-4, player 3 start and coin, and player 2 start and coin lit up.  Another time, everything but player 3 buttons 1-4 lit up.  Then, all but player 1 buttons 1-6, and player 3 buttons 1 and 2 lit up.  I can go a random number of times changing the game on the wheel before I see buttons that don't light up that should, sometimes only a few times, sometimes 30 times.

I've tried changing the delay for the demo controls function in ledblinky as well with no luck.  As I said before, I can go through the GameEX list with no problems ever. 

Edit:  Opened it all up, took out one of the LEDwiz boards and then reprogrammed everything again.  Now it's not lighting up the same exact buttons when it fails to light up correctly.  N64 should light everything up, but when it fails it is not lighting up the same 7 buttons across the control panel. 
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 06:44:31 pm by boohiss »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #847 on: June 15, 2014, 07:30:40 pm »
It is always some that do not light up, never all.  And it is very random as to which ones will not light up.  I just went to the N64 wheel in Hyperspin with demo controls set to 999 seconds.  All buttons are set as default for that wheel, so all light up if everything is good.  One time only player 4 buttons 1-4, player 3 start and coin, and player 2 start and coin lit up.  Another time, everything but player 3 buttons 1-4 lit up.  Then, all but player 1 buttons 1-6, and player 3 buttons 1 and 2 lit up.  I can go a random number of times changing the game on the wheel before I see buttons that don't light up that should, sometimes only a few times, sometimes 30 times.

I've tried changing the delay for the demo controls function in ledblinky as well with no luck.  As I said before, I can go through the GameEX list with no problems ever. 

Edit:  Opened it all up, took out one of the LEDwiz boards and then reprogrammed everything again.  Now it's not lighting up the same exact buttons when it fails to light up correctly.  N64 should light everything up, but when it fails it is not lighting up the same 7 buttons across the control panel.

It's still unclear if this is a hardware related problem. But if it's a software issue then you might try the troubleshooting app to see if it can tell you what the problem is. You'll have to get the LEDs to fail while the debug log option is turned on. If the troubleshooting app doesn't help you can email me the debug.zip and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

boohiss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #848 on: June 15, 2014, 08:56:28 pm »
Email sent.

YoMama1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2015, 10:56:25 am
« Reply #849 on: July 07, 2014, 11:56:57 am »
I am testing ledblinky with mame from the command line.

When I run it,  all the buttons flash white, the name of the game is announced, the buttons light up with the correct colors, and the description of each button is read.

After this sequence happens, the buttons are no longer lit up.

Is this expected behavior, or am I supposed to configure something so that the buttons remain lit up during gameplay?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #850 on: July 07, 2014, 12:46:44 pm »
I am testing ledblinky with mame from the command line.

When I run it,  all the buttons flash white, the name of the game is announced, the buttons light up with the correct colors, and the description of each button is read.

After this sequence happens, the buttons are no longer lit up.

Is this expected behavior, or am I supposed to configure something so that the buttons remain lit up during gameplay?

Make sure you have the "Light Game Controls" option checked.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

YoMama1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2015, 10:56:25 am
« Reply #851 on: July 07, 2014, 02:37:51 pm »
Make sure you have the "Light Game Controls" option checked.

Perfect, thank you!

marcoboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2016, 10:19:14 am
« Reply #852 on: July 23, 2014, 05:27:42 pm »
Hi!

I would really appreciate some help with LEDBlinky & MaLa/MaMe/i-Pac Ultimate I/O.

I have the following problem:
- Player one / two leds seems to be swapped.
- I'm not totally sure if there is some other mapping problems with the light/button conbinations. Is there a utility etc. to light the pushed buttons so that I could definitely see what buttons are bind to what leds?
- Otherwise it seems that lights work every time with right colors etc., only in wrong places / swapped.

I have checked/double checked and reconfigured the following:
- Checked that the mapping is right in "GenLEDBlinkyInputMap" app.
- Reconfigured the buttons 3 times now...
- I even tried to swap the button bindings in the "LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml" between the p1/p2. This seems to help but I suspect that some buttons are still wrongly mapped (p1 buttons 4&5). I am not 100% sure because there's no way to light buttons manually.
- I have tried ENG keyboard mapping in Windows (normal mapping is in Finnish).

Soooo... what should I do next to resolve this?  :dizzy:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #853 on: July 23, 2014, 10:43:35 pm »
Hi!

I would really appreciate some help with LEDBlinky & MaLa/MaMe/i-Pac Ultimate I/O.

I have the following problem:
- Player one / two leds seems to be swapped.
- I'm not totally sure if there is some other mapping problems with the light/button conbinations. Is there a utility etc. to light the pushed buttons so that I could definitely see what buttons are bind to what leds?
- Otherwise it seems that lights work every time with right colors etc., only in wrong places / swapped.

I have checked/double checked and reconfigured the following:
- Checked that the mapping is right in "GenLEDBlinkyInputMap" app.
- Reconfigured the buttons 3 times now...
- I even tried to swap the button bindings in the "LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml" between the p1/p2. This seems to help but I suspect that some buttons are still wrongly mapped (p1 buttons 4&5). I am not 100% sure because there's no way to light buttons manually.
- I have tried ENG keyboard mapping in Windows (normal mapping is in Finnish).

Soooo... what should I do next to resolve this?  :dizzy:

Have you tried the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app? It may be able to identify what's going on.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

marcoboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2016, 10:19:14 am
« Reply #854 on: July 24, 2014, 05:55:51 am »
Have you tried the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app? It may be able to identify what's going on.

I tried that earlier, but did not get it to work (or so I thought). I didn't realize I had to manually start a new debug session and were really confused on why it showed an old version of MaMe and told that no game has been started...

Well, I realized that I have to manually start a new session and got some information.

After all it seems that I DO WANT to differentiate between the left and right shift, alt & ctrl... I did not know this :(

So, everything seems to work now! Thanks!

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:19:42 am
« Reply #855 on: August 10, 2014, 03:48:27 pm »
Hey arzoo,

First, just wanted to say I love your software.  The ability to make complex animations is awesome and I've been having a great time with it!

The reason I am posting is to find out whether it is possible to update individual LED's on-the-fly without resetting the status of the rest of the LEDs using LEDblinky.  Basically I am trying to use LEDblinky in conjunction with the Skeeball software that I'm currently writing, and I need to be able to light up individual holes as opposed to refreshing all of the LEDs. 

Right now each ring has an RGB LED installed, and using RandyT's software I can send a command to make the 10 ring red, then send a second command to make the 20 ring green and both the 10 ring will be red and the 20 ring will be green.  Using LEDblinky, I send the command to change the 10 ring red, but when send the second command to change the 20 ring green it seems to reset the state of all LEDs and only lights the 20 ring green.  This is just a very basic example and the hole lighting can get very complex using certain games, so creating individual LWAX files for each possible combination of colors wouldn't be practical.

I would love to be able to use LEDblinky with my project, as the LWAX files that I have created with LEDblinky are a lot cooler than the existing LWA files that I use.  Is there a way to achieve my goal using LEDblinky, or am I out of luck here?

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #856 on: August 10, 2014, 11:36:32 pm »
Hey arzoo,

First, just wanted to say I love your software.  The ability to make complex animations is awesome and I've been having a great time with it!

The reason I am posting is to find out whether it is possible to update individual LED's on-the-fly without resetting the status of the rest of the LEDs using LEDblinky.  Basically I am trying to use LEDblinky in conjunction with the Skeeball software that I'm currently writing, and I need to be able to light up individual holes as opposed to refreshing all of the LEDs. 

Right now each ring has an RGB LED installed, and using RandyT's software I can send a command to make the 10 ring red, then send a second command to make the 20 ring green and both the 10 ring will be red and the 20 ring will be green.  Using LEDblinky, I send the command to change the 10 ring red, but when send the second command to change the 20 ring green it seems to reset the state of all LEDs and only lights the 20 ring green.  This is just a very basic example and the hole lighting can get very complex using certain games, so creating individual LWAX files for each possible combination of colors wouldn't be practical.

I would love to be able to use LEDblinky with my project, as the LWAX files that I have created with LEDblinky are a lot cooler than the existing LWA files that I use.  Is there a way to achieve my goal using LEDblinky, or am I out of luck here?

Your timing is pretty good - I'm very close to releasing an update to LEDBlinky which, in addition to a few other small enhancements, will also allow you light individual LED ports (without using an animation file). I think this should meet your needs. I'm hoping to have the update completed in a few weeks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:19:42 am
« Reply #857 on: August 11, 2014, 11:21:57 pm »
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!  Looking forward to trying out the update!

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #858 on: August 13, 2014, 05:08:03 pm »
Quick question. I've checked through the website and everywhere I can think of, but haven't had much luck.

I'm trying to get LEDBlinky to start the "random montage" sequence from the command line

Is this possible?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #859 on: August 13, 2014, 06:32:51 pm »
Quick question. I've checked through the website and everywhere I can think of, but haven't had much luck.

I'm trying to get LEDBlinky to start the "random montage" sequence from the command line

Is this possible?

Sorry, that's not an option but I'll add it to the requested enhancements list.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #860 on: August 13, 2014, 06:49:27 pm »
No worries. Thanks for the reply.

At least I know now I'm not doing something wrong!  :)

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #861 on: August 13, 2014, 07:29:57 pm »
Well, something a little odd is going on.

I upgraded to 6.0 (going through the 5.1 version as the instructs suggest).

That all seemed to work fine.

BUT, when I select the random montage option for the FE Active animation, I get no animation.

When I quit mala, I get this in the LEDBlinky log

[08/13/2014 18:26:23] Missing FE Active animation file [C:\Games\FrontEnds\Mala\Plugins\LEDBlinky\lwa\<Random Montage>].

It's as if it's actually trying to load an lwax called <Random Montage>

Any ideas?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #862 on: August 13, 2014, 08:32:13 pm »

BUT, when I select the random montage option for the FE Active animation, I get no animation.

[08/13/2014 18:26:23] Missing FE Active animation file [C:\Games\FrontEnds\Mala\Plugins\LEDBlinky\lwa\<Random Montage>].

Any ideas?

I'll check into this and get back soon.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #863 on: August 13, 2014, 09:50:20 pm »

Any ideas?

I'll check into this and get back soon.

I've pm'd you with a patch!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #864 on: August 14, 2014, 12:06:35 pm »
Thanks Arzoo!

I got it and put it in place.

But I'm still getting some weirdness. I can run LEDBlinkyConfig, set the Game Play animation to audio, and set a pattern to pattern01.lwax, then test it with a game running and I get the appropriate animation.

So I save config, then start mala.

Once in Mala, I start a game, and no animation.

When I exit mala, I get a msgbox from LEDBlinky asking if I want to see the log.

When I do, I have this message

[08/14/2014 10:57:05] Unable to load [PATTERN01.LWAX].

It's as if its not finding the pattern01.lwax file, but it's in the LWA folder.

I've tried specifing the current working dir, no change.

Same thing happens when I start it from the command line

LEDBlinky audio.lwax pattern01.lwax
call "whatever game"
LEDBlinky 11

The idea is to turn on audio animation, run the game, and when the game quits, turn off the animations.

when I exit the game, it invokes ledblinky to turn off animations, but again, I geta  message and log saying it can't load the pattern01.lwax

Any thoughts?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #865 on: August 14, 2014, 01:38:08 pm »
Thanks Arzoo!

But I'm still getting some weirdness. I can run LEDBlinkyConfig, set the Game Play animation to audio, and set a pattern to pattern01.lwax, then test it with a game running and I get the appropriate animation.

When I exit mala, I get a msgbox from LEDBlinky asking if I want to see the log.

call "whatever game"
LEDBlinky 11

The idea is to turn on audio animation, run the game, and when the game quits, turn off the animations.

when I exit the game, it invokes ledblinky to turn off animations, but again, I geta  message and log saying it can't load the pattern01.lwax

Any thoughts?

Email me your debug.zip file and we'll figure this out.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #866 on: August 14, 2014, 03:18:32 pm »
Hey Arzoo

I think I got it figured out (or at least a work around)

Instead of using the command line ledblinky to play an specific audio animation, I configured it to do an audio animation for the "Game Play Animation"

then, instead of running

ledblinky audio.lwax pattern01.lwax

from my loader bat file (in this case, I'm wanting audio animation for the game Typhoon, a tempest clone, being run out of Mala)

I switched so just use:

ledblinky typhoon

Ie act as if I was passing a ROM name, so LEDBLinky will do the Game Play animation.

That seems to work just fine.

I noticed that the new ledblinky has rom specific animation capabilities. I might have a look at that at some point. There are some games that I'd like to have audio driven animations (like Typhoon or most Mame games), but then others (like PhaseShift or Frets on Fire), where having the cabinet lights blink can be really distracting, so I'll turn all animations off.

Maximus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2017, 05:32:05 pm
  • Plans are for fools!!!!
    • Arcade Icons
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.1
« Reply #867 on: September 01, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »
I just installed two servostiks and enabled them in the LEDBlinky menu but I'm having trouble having  them switch to 4-way for games in MAME, no matter what game I choose the sticks set themselves to 8-way regardless of what position they were in prior. I am using Hyperspin as my FE and they DO change to 4-way whenever I go back into the Hyperspin menus, but any game in MAME sets them to 8-way.

I used games like Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac-Man and Frogger to test for 4-way switching. In the logs I do see LEDBlinky purposely setting the sticks to 8-way and noting no change in state when I change between games if the sticks are already set to 8-way. The only time I see the command for 4-way in the logs is when returning to Hyperspin menus.

Using LEDBlinky 6.1 on Win 7 x64 with MAME 0.153 and Hyperspin.

Any help would be great, I'm really anxious to see these sticks switching properly for my 4-way games.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #868 on: September 01, 2014, 08:56:10 pm »
I just installed two servostiks and enabled them in the LEDBlinky menu but I'm having trouble having  them switch to 4-way for games in MAME, no matter what game I choose the sticks set themselves to 8-way regardless of what position they were in prior. I am using Hyperspin as my FE and they DO change to 4-way whenever I go back into the Hyperspin menus, but any game in MAME sets them to 8-way.

I used games like Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac-Man and Frogger to test for 4-way switching. In the logs I do see LEDBlinky purposely setting the sticks to 8-way and noting no change in state when I change between games if the sticks are already set to 8-way. The only time I see the command for 4-way in the logs is when returning to Hyperspin menus.

Using LEDBlinky 6.1 on Win 7 x64 with MAME 0.153 and Hyperspin.

Any help would be great, I'm really anxious to see these sticks switching properly for my 4-way games.

LEDBlinky uses the data in Controls.ini to determine the joystick used by each game. Seems like the data and/or config is telling LEDBlinky that the games are 8-way which doesn't make sense (for those games). Email me the debug.zip file and I'll get back to you.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

griffindodd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2023, 02:43:19 pm
  • Builds Stuff
« Reply #869 on: September 01, 2014, 09:50:54 pm »
Logs sent via email, thanks
I drink and I know things.

Maximus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2017, 05:32:05 pm
  • Plans are for fools!!!!
    • Arcade Icons
« Reply #870 on: September 01, 2014, 09:52:36 pm »
Logs sent via email, thanks

Oops, posted under my old account. Anyway, logs sent.

Thanks

helpman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2015, 01:00:54 pm
« Reply #871 on: September 07, 2014, 01:04:07 pm »
Hi there!
I just bought a pacdrive to customize my cab's leds, and registered ledblinky to create custom animations.
I'm using Gameex frontend, and although it has its own led plugin, I decided to go with ledblinky.

So far so good, but I had a little problem that I can't solve.
On Gameex forum we have a highscore competition, and there's a custom map for mame that lists only those games on the highscore competition.
They're mame games, they run the same emulator as the gameex' default mame, but the leds are not ok.
It's not recognised as mame, and I get the standard default pattern, all 6 buttons light, all spoken controls are "1,2,3,4,5,6".
Curiously, CPWizard do recognises it and shows the right controls.

Is there any way to make ledblinky recognises it as mame too?
I would like to keep using gameex' led events and I don't know if I could use the standalone ledblinky (and disable the plugin) for both emulators and gameex?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #872 on: September 07, 2014, 02:14:26 pm »
Hi there!
I just bought a pacdrive to customize my cab's leds, and registered ledblinky to create custom animations.
I'm using Gameex frontend, and although it has its own led plugin, I decided to go with ledblinky.

So far so good, but I had a little problem that I can't solve.
On Gameex forum we have a highscore competition, and there's a custom map for mame that lists only those games on the highscore competition.
They're mame games, they run the same emulator as the gameex' default mame, but the leds are not ok.
It's not recognised as mame, and I get the standard default pattern, all 6 buttons light, all spoken controls are "1,2,3,4,5,6".
Curiously, CPWizard do recognises it and shows the right controls.

Is there any way to make ledblinky recognises it as mame too?
I would like to keep using gameex' led events and I don't know if I could use the standalone ledblinky (and disable the plugin) for both emulators and gameex?

LEDBlinky is looking for "mame" anywhere in the emulator name. You'll need to modify the GameEx config for the custom list so the name includes "mame" in the name.

By the way, The LEDBlinky Controls Editor,  Import Unknown Games menu option will list all the unknown games and emulators - this should help you identify what GameEx is passing to LEDBlinky.

If you can't figure it out, turn on the Debug Log, run a game or two from the custom list, then email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll give you a hand.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

helpman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #873 on: September 07, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »
Hi there Arzoo! Thanks for your help :D

I just changed the emulator name on gameex to include "mame" and now everything works fine :D

I'm getting an error everytime I exit gameex. There's a popup from ledblinky telling me there were errors, and I always see the same one.

[09/07/2014 22:37:15] Missing Game Play animation file [G:\GameEx\PlugIns\LEDBLinky\lwa\].

Although I have no game play animation selected to run, just the game controls' leds

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #874 on: September 07, 2014, 10:24:44 pm »
Hi there Arzoo! Thanks for your help :D

I just changed the emulator name on gameex to include "mame" and now everything works fine :D

I'm getting an error everytime I exit gameex. There's a popup from ledblinky telling me there were errors, and I always see the same one.

[09/07/2014 22:37:15] Missing Game Play animation file [G:\GameEx\PlugIns\LEDBLinky\lwa\].

Although I have no game play animation selected to run, just the game controls' leds

Can you turn on the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), run GamEx, and a game or two, then exit GameEx. Email me the debug.ZIP and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

helpman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #875 on: September 12, 2014, 05:55:23 pm »
sorry for the delay :D too much work to do, too little free time to play :D
I'll try to send you an email tomorrow... it's almost 12am here and the cabinet is veeeery noisy :D

helpman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #876 on: September 13, 2014, 07:43:34 pm »
I just sent you an email from the forum link under your picture :D

helpman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #877 on: September 14, 2014, 01:33:28 pm »
ok, just a bit offftopic here, but don't you hate when there're no controls defined and you hear "player 1. 1. 2. 3. player 2. 1. 2. 3."...?  :hissy:

rockyrocket

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2019, 02:13:03 pm
« Reply #878 on: September 28, 2014, 01:41:24 pm »
Thanks Arzoo!

call "whatever game"
LEDBlinky 11

Any thoughts?

I can confirm this behavior also after an upgrade to 6.1.

I am using AHK to start an attract mode animation and also start an audio mode from within PinballX - all worked fine upto the upgrade.
I kept a copy of my old install then upgraded to 6.1 and as above LEDblinky would not start the .lwax files.
Reverting back to the old install and all works as before.

BUT when the option to enable debug is selected from the config app, 6.1 works perfectly? - disable debug and again the .Lwax file cannot be started.
Hope this info is of some use, and thank`s for the new commandline options :applaud: .

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #879 on: September 28, 2014, 05:58:51 pm »
Thanks Arzoo!

call "whatever game"
LEDBlinky 11

Any thoughts?

I can confirm this behavior also after an upgrade to 6.1.

I am using AHK to start an attract mode animation and also start an audio mode from within PinballX - all worked fine upto the upgrade.
I kept a copy of my old install then upgraded to 6.1 and as above LEDblinky would not start the .lwax files.
Reverting back to the old install and all works as before.

BUT when the option to enable debug is selected from the config app, 6.1 works perfectly? - disable debug and again the .Lwax file cannot be started.
Hope this info is of some use, and thank`s for the new commandline options :applaud: .

I've been able to reproduce the problem and will have it fixed with the next release. If need be, I can get you a patch before then. Thanks for the help with this.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction