Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552796 times)

evh347

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2022, 04:58:20 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #760 on: January 17, 2013, 03:47:42 pm »
Thanks for the help Arzoo!  That got me going in the right direction.

In Windows 7, you have to click START and search "Sound". 
Select "Sound" under Control Panel.
Click the "Recording" tab.
Right click in any space and click on "Show Disabled Device".
Look for either "Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear".

For me, only "Stereo Mix" was there. Since this was a new computer, I had not even plugged my microphone in Nd enabled that yet (And why would I have? It's a Mame dedicated computer).

Right click on "Stereo Mix" and set it to "Default".

Open up the LED Blinky Config app and go the Animation tab.
Choose "Stereo Mix" from the Audio Device and Input drop down.
Choose "Master Volume" from drop down to the right of that.
Choose "Pulse Animation" from the Audio Animation Mode drop down.
Play some music and click TEST.

Thanks Arzoo!

evh347

• Offline Offline
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #761 on: January 17, 2013, 05:57:06 pm »
Arzoo,
One more question that's been irking me until just now...

I use Hyperspin and in although I have my LED Blinky Config set to "speak" the Hyperspin controls (and all the Hyperspin controls have been configured within HS) by pressing ENTER.

The problem is, I can only get LED Blinky to speak a few of the main controls such as...

"Select", "Genre",  "Favorites", "Hyperspin"

...I cannot get it to say, "Skip Up Num", "Skip Down Num", "Exit"???

I know the video I saw on YouTube with the LED Blinky talking relates to Mala as the frontend...but doesn't Hyperspin do the same?

Also, is the speech configurable (as in) can I tell it what to say instead of "Skip Up Num", maybe "Skip Forward".

And lastly, when I press ENTER the controls flash as their functions are spoken different colors, but then they all stay lit "white" (even the controls that are not spoken aloud).  Are those colors configurable?

Thanks again.

evh347

• Offline Offline
« Reply #762 on: January 21, 2013, 07:45:10 pm »
Arzoo,
I opened "Configure LED Blinky" app and I have "Light Hyperspin Controls" option checked.

I opened the LEDBlinky Controls Editor app and I clicked on the "FE" button to configure the colors of my Hyperspin frontend controls.

The colors/controls/speech will be verbalized in Hyperspin if I hit the ENTER button, but it skips the "P1_SKIP UP" and "P1_SKIP DOWN".  Why is that? 

Also, once it has cycled through all the controls/decriptions, the only Hyperspin control that stays configured the color that I chose is "Genre".  Otherwise, all the other controls are lit white only and not the colors I chose.

How can I fix this?

Patrickbutler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2013, 02:11:35 am
« Reply #763 on: January 24, 2013, 01:55:39 am »
Arzoo,
I recently updated my computer in my Mame machine.  I went from XP to Win7.  Basically, I just copied over my LED Blinky software.

The only issue I've had is with the Audio Animation.  Ultimately led , I want be able to stick this app in TEST mode again so the lights will coordinate with audio playback. 

I used to be able to open up the Configure LEDBlinky utility and then the "Audio Animation" tab.

Now when I do that, I get a popup box that says, "Invalid Audio Device value.  This may occur if you have changed audio hardare.  Please re-select the Audio DEVICE."

I click OK and then I get an "Error initializing Audio functions.  BASS_RecordInit failed.  Error: BASS_ERROR_DEVICE (23)"

I click OK on that popup and then try to select from the "Audio Device and Input" dropdown and there is nothing to select.

So, obviously this has something to do with LEDBlinky looking for my old audio device and not finding it, right?

What configuration changes do I do to get this working again?  Is it just a Windows thing?

If all I need to do is reinstall (which I'm close to doing) what files do I have to make sure I don't delete so that I do lose everything I've worked on (my button config)?

Thanks (as always)!

EDIT:  I'm running an upgrade of 5.1 LED Blinky

My guess is this is an issue with Win7 using the motherboard audio drivers - other users have had similar problems. First try this; edit the ledblinky settings.ini file (using notepad or any text editor) and change the AudioDevice value to 0. Then run the config app and see if any audio devices show up in the Audio Device list.

[AudioAnimation]
AudioDevice=0

If that doesn’t work then try this:
1. Right click the volume icon in the system tray and select “Recording Device”. Or you can open the “Sounds” dialog from the control panel.
2. On the Sound “Recording” tab, right click on any blank area and select “Show Disabled Devices”. This should then add a device that may be called “Stereo Mix” or “What You Hear”.
3. Right click the new device and select “Enable”.
4. Back in the LEDBlinky config, select the device.

If Win7 will not let you enable the “Stereo Mix” recording device then you could try upgrading your audio drivers or purchase an inexpensive audio card.

Hello you seems to be an experienced person. I am looking to design led system operated by computer. Can you help me
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:25:21 am by Patrickbutler »

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #764 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:40 am »
Arzoo,
I opened "Configure LED Blinky" app and I have "Light Hyperspin Controls" option checked.

I opened the LEDBlinky Controls Editor app and I clicked on the "FE" button to configure the colors of my Hyperspin frontend controls.

The colors/controls/speech will be verbalized in Hyperspin if I hit the ENTER button, but it skips the "P1_SKIP UP" and "P1_SKIP DOWN".  Why is that? 

Also, once it has cycled through all the controls/decriptions, the only Hyperspin control that stays configured the color that I chose is "Genre".  Otherwise, all the other controls are lit white only and not the colors I chose.

How can I fix this?

For the Skip Up and Skip Down buttons to light up (and speak), they need to be assigned to keyboard values in HS and those keycodes must be assigned to LED ports (in the LEDBlinky Device/Port Input map). Do they light up correctly and just not blink/speak when you press Enter? You could try the Troubleshooting app to see if it can identify the problem. If not, email me the debug.ZIP file in the ledblinky folder and I’ll take a look.

As for the other problem – let me see if I understand correctly: When HS starts, all the FE buttons are lit with the correct color. Then you press Enter to activate the help feature and each FE button is spoken and blinks (the correct color). But after each button stops blinking it remains white?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #765 on: January 24, 2013, 10:37:06 am »
Hello you seems to be an experienced person. I am looking to design led system operated by computer. Can you help me

If you're looking for advice on building your own hardware, then I don't think I can be of much help. If you're looking for help on using the LEDBlinky software, them I'll need more specific details on your issue(s).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

evh347

• Offline Offline
« Reply #766 on: January 28, 2013, 05:38:33 pm »
Arzoo,
For the Skip Up and Skip Down buttons to light up (and speak), they need to be assigned to keyboard values in HS and those keycodes must be assigned to LED ports (in the LEDBlinky Device/Port Input map). Do they light up correctly and just not blink/speak when you press Enter? You could try the Troubleshooting app to see if it can identify the problem. If not, email me the debug.ZIP file in the ledblinky folder and I’ll take a look.[\quote]

Problem#1 = LED Blinky will not verbalize HS controls for "Skip Up Num" & "Skip Down Num"
In Hyper HQ under the "controls" tab, there are options "Skip Up" & "Skip Down" and then there are options "Skip Up Num" & "Skip Down Num". 

I have "Skip Up" & "Skip Down" mapped to my 4-way joystick and I have "Skip Up Num" & "Skip Down Num" mapped to my "0" & "Z" buttons respectively.

My "0" & "Z" buttons light up when I start HS and they stay lit, but they are colored white only.  These buttons are mapped correctly to their ports and they normally display all RGB colors within all other apps.

Within the "LED Blinky Controls Editor" app under the "FE" button, all of my controls are mapped to the correct keys and have indiviual colors mapped to each button.  I do see one problem here and that is that if you go to add a control for HS using the editor app, only "P1_SKIPUP" & "P1_SKIPDOWN" (excluding P2 controls for this discussion of course) appear.  There are no "P1_SKIPUPNUM" & "P1_SKIPDOWNNUM" options.  Therefore, I can't select the verbiage for those controls.  According to HyperHQ, there is a difference between what "skipdown" and "skipdownnum" should do, correct?

Ultimately, I just want all the controls verbalized including "skip up" & "skip down".  The buttons are lit (albeit, only white) but you don't know what they do. 

As for the other problem – let me see if I understand correctly: When HS starts, all the FE buttons are lit with the correct color. Then you press Enter to activate the help feature and each FE button is spoken and blinks (the correct color). But after each button stops blinking it remains white?

Problem #2 = All FE controls are lit an incorrect color

When I press "Enter" to activate the help feature within HS to speak the controls, all controls are correctly verbalized (except the "0" & "Z" keys mapped to "Skip Up Num" & "Skip Down Num").

As each control description is verbalized, the button flashes the correct user defined color, but upon help completion the buttons revert to white.  Only one button ("Genre" mapped to "Q") remains lit in the user defined color.

All the HyperHQ configured buttons perform the FE functions they were mapped to do correctly.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:40:21 pm by evh347 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #767 on: January 28, 2013, 10:32:27 pm »
Arzoo,
For the Skip Up and Skip Down buttons to light up (and speak), they need to be assigned to keyboard values in HS and those keycodes must be assigned to LED ports (in the LEDBlinky Device/Port Input map). Do they light up correctly and just not blink/speak when you press Enter? You could try the Troubleshooting app to see if it can identify the problem. If not, email me the debug.ZIP file in the ledblinky folder and I’ll take a look.[\quote]

Problem#1 = LED Blinky will not verbalize HS controls for "Skip Up Num" & "Skip Down Num"
In Hyper HQ under the "controls" tab, there are options "Skip Up" & "Skip Down" and then there are options "Skip Up Num" & "Skip Down Num". 

I have "Skip Up" & "Skip Down" mapped to my 4-way joystick and I have "Skip Up Num" & "Skip Down Num" mapped to my "0" & "Z" buttons respectively.

My "0" & "Z" buttons light up when I start HS and they stay lit, but they are colored white only.  These buttons are mapped correctly to their ports and they normally display all RGB colors within all other apps.

Within the "LED Blinky Controls Editor" app under the "FE" button, all of my controls are mapped to the correct keys and have indiviual colors mapped to each button.  I do see one problem here and that is that if you go to add a control for HS using the editor app, only "P1_SKIPUP" & "P1_SKIPDOWN" (excluding P2 controls for this discussion of course) appear.  There are no "P1_SKIPUPNUM" & "P1_SKIPDOWNNUM" options.  Therefore, I can't select the verbiage for those controls.  According to HyperHQ, there is a difference between what "skipdown" and "skipdownnum" should do, correct?

Ultimately, I just want all the controls verbalized including "skip up" & "skip down".  The buttons are lit (albeit, only white) but you don't know what they do. 

When I press "Enter" to activate the help feature within HS to speak the controls, all controls are correctly verbalized (except the "0" & "Z" keys mapped to "Skip Up Num" & "Skip Down Num").

As each control description is verbalized, the button flashes the correct user defined color, but upon help completion the buttons revert to white.  Only one button ("Genre" mapped to "Q") remains lit in the user defined color.

All the HyperHQ configured buttons perform the FE functions they were mapped to do correctly.

Ok - it took about two hours but I figured out what's going on with your configuration.

First, the Skip Up Number and Skip Down Number are missing from the list of default HS controls in the LEDBlinkyControls.xml file. Either I missed these when I first created the xml data years ago or they have been added since. Regardless, you'll need to add them manually: edit your LEDBlinkyControls.xml file using notepad (or any text editor) and add the highlighted lines in the attached image. Then when you run the Controls Editor and click the FE button, you should be able to add the missing controls.

The second problem with the HS controls blinking the correct colors but then going white was the one that really stumped me. Here's the problem - using the Controls Editor, you defined the colors for the HS Player 1 controls, but not the Player 2 controls. Since your HS config uses the same keyboard values for both P1 and P2, and P2 has no colors defined, LEDBlinky is using the default color (white). All you need to do is define the P2 controls and make sure they have the same colors as the P1 controls.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

evh347

• Offline Offline
LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #768 on: January 29, 2013, 04:31:47 am »
Arzoo,

Ok - it took about two hours but I figured out what's going on with your configuration.

First, the Skip Up Number and Skip Down Number are missing from the list of default HS controls in the LEDBlinkyControls.xml file. Either I missed these when I first created the xml data years ago or they have been added since. Regardless, you'll need to add them manually: edit your LEDBlinkyControls.xml file using notepad (or any text editor) and add the highlighted lines in the attached image. Then when you run the Controls Editor and click the FE button, you should be able to add the missing controls.

The second problem with the HS controls blinking the correct colors but then going white was the one that really stumped me. Here's the problem - using the Controls Editor, you defined the colors for the HS Player 1 controls, but not the Player 2 controls. Since your HS config uses the same keyboard values for both P1 and P2, and P2 has no colors defined, LEDBlinky is using the default color (white). All you need to do is define the P2 controls and make sure they have the same colors as the P1 controls.

Arzoo...you are the man!  Thanks a million!  Looks fantastic!  :)

Zeenon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2018, 08:51:10 pm
  • New Jersey - The Greatest Country in the World
« Reply #769 on: February 21, 2013, 08:26:27 pm »
So I've been playing with LEDBlinky for a few days now and running into a slight problem which I know is lack of knowledge.

I set P1/P2 Start, Exit, Pause, MouseB1/B2 and trackball in the input map program. RGB LEDs on a PACLED64.

I basically (for now) want those LEDs to be blue during the game. For some reason P1/P2 is coming up red, how do I make it blue?

Also if I check the Flash Player Start with Credits it's also flashing red, how do I make it blue? (not sure which one I like so I'll ask both questions at once)

Z

evh347

• Offline Offline
« Reply #770 on: February 21, 2013, 08:35:55 pm »
So I've been playing with LEDBlinky for a few days now and running into a slight problem which I know is lack of knowledge.

I set P1/P2 Start, Exit, Pause, MouseB1/B2 and trackball in the input map program. RGB LEDs on a PACLED64.

I basically (for now) want those LEDs to be blue during the game. For some reason P1/P2 is coming up red, how do I make it blue?

Also if I check the Flash Player Start with Credits it's also flashing red, how do I make it blue? (not sure which one I like so I'll ask both questions at once)

Z

Check your MAME "colors.ini" and verify the color for the ROM in question?  Otherwise, have you set up a specific color config for the emulator/rom in question?  That has to be done through the "import" feature.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #771 on: February 22, 2013, 08:38:06 am »

Z

Check your MAME "colors.ini" and verify the color for the ROM in question?  Otherwise, have you set up a specific color config for the emulator/rom in question?  That has to be done through the "import" feature.

evh347's answers are both correct (thanks evh!). 

The colors.ini file defines the button color for each game. You can edit that file and do a global replace if you wish to make bulk changes (like change the P1_START to blue for every game). Just keep a backup in case you wish to return to the original colors. You can also use the Controls Editor to override the button colors (as defined in the colors.ini). To set the color for all mame games, you would need to create a <default> control group and add the individual buttons for which you wish to set the color. To set the color for individual mame games, you would use the Import function with the rom name and then set the button colors.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mrPiklz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2013, 01:40:32 pm
  • raawket lawwnchaar
    • pixelpiklz.com
« Reply #772 on: March 15, 2013, 03:02:57 pm »
Hi all,
I'm new to ledblinky and also justtrying to finish a cp using pacled64 + ledblinky+ hyperspin
 I'm having a little trouble with hyperspin + ledblinky when i searc hmy game list wheel .
When a game is at the bottom of list i have to hold joystick down for ages ...pacled64 stop its current animation cycle and  starts to flash on off on all lights constantly as if its now hanging? and then usually i have to taskmanager end the ledblinky as otherwise it would continue to flash even when hyperspin has shutdown?
   Could i have a faulty pacled64?  i can recreate that every time if i dont hold it down and just scroll the wheel one game name at a time it doesn't trigger this 'hang' state?

thanks ,

piklz

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #773 on: March 15, 2013, 04:14:26 pm »
Hi all,
I'm new to ledblinky and also justtrying to finish a cp using pacled64 + ledblinky+ hyperspin
 I'm having a little trouble with hyperspin + ledblinky when i searc hmy game list wheel .
When a game is at the bottom of list i have to hold joystick down for ages ...pacled64 stop its current animation cycle and  starts to flash on off on all lights constantly as if its now hanging? and then usually i have to taskmanager end the ledblinky as otherwise it would continue to flash even when hyperspin has shutdown?
   Could i have a faulty pacled64?  i can recreate that every time if i dont hold it down and just scroll the wheel one game name at a time it doesn't trigger this 'hang' state?

thanks ,

piklz

Try setting Button Flash (FE Options tab) to none and uncheck Demo Game Controls (HS Options tab). Either one of those features might be causing the problem. It's most likely the Demo Game Controls feature. If you really want to use that, make sure the Demo Scroll Delay has a value greater than 0.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mrPiklz

• Offline Offline
  • raawket lawwnchaar
    • pixelpiklz.com
« Reply #774 on: March 15, 2013, 04:42:56 pm »
 :cheers:

That was quick!Arzoo that did the trick thank you! dont mind having that off for now ; of to read ledblinky pdf, now I have to learn how to map the colours when I play mame games- the controls/buttons  are mapped fine just the colours arent  relating to the actions its speaking flashing at me t use ,brb if i get truly stuck.... :)

psok i think i remember now how this works colours-wise just done a quick test with 1944 in mame using the editor and once saved it worked had to coloured buttons in the right place so its just a laborious task now to do everything mame game but im stoked either way as a new board is coming and the cp is taking shape really nicely now!!

( first started buying components and your software in 2011 lol, its only now that ive managed to get time to make it happen and i forget alot of what i read on these forums) again most are like you so quick and helpful, this forum really is awesome,and so ill be putting my wares on the project announcement section v soon thanks to what ive seen and been inspired by here all you clever /creative lot ..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:07:28 pm by mrPiklz »

mrPiklz

• Offline Offline
  • raawket lawwnchaar
    • pixelpiklz.com
« Reply #775 on: March 15, 2013, 04:46:11 pm »
...Still think i have a faulty pacled64 theres always one light switched on regardless if board is connected to pc or not ..eek..... hope Andy or ultramarc can get back to me soon!!
update: Andy has already got back to me and replacing board ,superb service! cant wait to try nw board

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:59:08 pm by mrPiklz »

mrPiklz

• Offline Offline
  • raawket lawwnchaar
    • pixelpiklz.com
« Reply #776 on: March 16, 2013, 08:15:24 am »
Tried to setup some colours for a few games and while they appear to work when i use the ledblinky test option in the editor, when im in hyperspin its all wrong, possibly the board is about to fail big time getting worse  each time i run it(lowpower output missing lights etc) . But while i wait for new board Is there a way to batch import all mame games to the colour editor? Or am i missing something?  Cheers, piklz

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #777 on: March 16, 2013, 10:58:40 am »
Tried to setup some colours for a few games and while they appear to work when i use the ledblinky test option in the editor, when im in hyperspin its all wrong, possibly the board is about to fail big time getting worse  each time i run it(lowpower output missing lights etc) . But while i wait for new board Is there a way to batch import all mame games to the colour editor? Or am i missing something?  Cheers, piklz

There's no way to import all the mame games into the controls editor. The colors.ini file defines the button colors for the majority of mame games. If you want to make a mass change (like all Player1 Button 1 to red for example), you can edit the colors.ini with notepad or any text editor.

But if the colors seem to be randomly wrong, then that might be a hardware issue. Although I don't see why the colors would be correct when using the test mode but wrong from HS. You could try using the Troubleshooting app and see what it finds. Or you can turn on the Debug Log and Verbose options, run HS with the games that are not working as expected, then email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look. If you send me the debug file, make sure to tell me exactly which LEDs are not lighting correctly.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mrPiklz

• Offline Offline
  • raawket lawwnchaar
    • pixelpiklz.com
« Reply #778 on: March 17, 2013, 10:13:15 am »
Yeah i think i saw mame/ledblinky colours work fine for a few games prior to it crashing[pacled] in between the corrupt lighting then subsequent failure of all lights ;then off! my pacled64 board is randomly working at mo so i wont bother you anymore about this, I'm pretty certain the software side of things is behaving now just gotta wait till new one arrives to completly test all configs out,,I did try your suggested troubleshooting tool [neat idea]but i get a violation error dialog box popping up ?

ps its sooo cool to see nba jam/streetfighter/[add game here] with the correct colours on correct buttons and then microsoft anna speaking them out its soo damn flashy !its gonna be swweeet!ill post my findings when i get the new hardware ,thanks again :)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #779 on: March 17, 2013, 11:08:14 am »
I did try your suggested troubleshooting tool [neat idea]but i get a violation error dialog box popping up ?

Do me a favor and email me your debug.log file - that will help me fix the troubleshooting app crash. Thanks!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mrPiklz

• Offline Offline
  • raawket lawwnchaar
    • pixelpiklz.com
« Reply #780 on: March 17, 2013, 11:50:05 am »
just sent you email with my debug file ,cheers mrPiklz

mrPiklz

• Offline Offline
  • raawket lawwnchaar
    • pixelpiklz.com
« Reply #781 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:25 pm »
replacement pacled64 board arrived today!colours looking great now just have  to add the games which havent got specific colours .. :)

update since playing with the new pacled64 board and ledblinkys audio section, i've not been building arcade lol// the sampling rate is really rather decent (for an onboard soundcard) really cant wait to pause mame and see the background music having matching pulsating lights!played with  some trigger thresholds+ some dance tracks and it works so well!! Arzoo this is brill!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:46:39 am by mrPiklz »

hoffy84

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2023, 03:44:58 pm
  • It's not just a project, It's an obsession....
In-game specific color changes
« Reply #782 on: June 10, 2013, 12:18:21 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

Here is what I am trying to accomplish: While playing Golden Tee Classic with 4 players, I want the controls to light up the same as the color of the active player. So when player 1 (Blue) is playing the [face left], [face right], and [trackball] are all blue. Then when player 2 is up, everything changes to yellow, player 3: everything changed to red, player 4: everything changes to purple.

I have tried going into the Controls Editor, but cannot seem to pull this off. I know that I need to have the [aletrnating} box checked, since 4 players are sharing the same controls, but then it will only let me set colors for player 1 only.

My guess is that this may not be possible, bc LEDBlinky would somehow need to know which player is up to be able to change to its respective color.

Just wondering if you know how to accomplish this, or if there are any other folks you know who are a little more versed, and know of some kind of trick to pull this off.

Thanks! - Hoffy 

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: In-game specific color changes
« Reply #783 on: June 10, 2013, 02:43:09 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

Here is what I am trying to accomplish: While playing Golden Tee Classic with 4 players, I want the controls to light up the same as the color of the active player. So when player 1 (Blue) is playing the [face left], [face right], and [trackball] are all blue. Then when player 2 is up, everything changes to yellow, player 3: everything changed to red, player 4: everything changes to purple.

I have tried going into the Controls Editor, but cannot seem to pull this off. I know that I need to have the [aletrnating} box checked, since 4 players are sharing the same controls, but then it will only let me set colors for player 1 only.

My guess is that this may not be possible, bc LEDBlinky would somehow need to know which player is up to be able to change to its respective color.

Just wondering if you know how to accomplish this, or if there are any other folks you know who are a little more versed, and know of some kind of trick to pull this off.

Thanks! - Hoffy

You are correct, the only way that would be possible would be if mame were providing an output message indicating which player is up. I don't play GT so I'm not sure if it has any output messages, but my guess is not. In the LEDBlinky folder there should be a MAMEOutputTest app which you can run to see all the output messages while running each game. All I can suggest is give it a try.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2019, 09:09:30 am
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #784 on: June 18, 2013, 11:46:08 am »
I installed this last night to use with HS and Mame. Having a few issues. I sat up all the buttons in the config file but for whatever reason when I run games in Mame, the buttons work right but light wrong. What should I be looking for?

Also most all the options in Configure LED Blinky to Test are grey out when selecting options from the drop down boxes, is this a limitation of the trail mode?

Here are somethings I don't know if it matters or not.

Using U360s for player 1 and 2 but I am not using the button controls from the U360s. In other words the button harness are not even hooked up to my control panel.

Using Xpadder to assign key movements to U360s.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:23:10 pm by Visitor Q »
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #785 on: June 18, 2013, 01:10:10 pm »
I installed this last night to use with HS and Mame. Having a few issues. I sat up all the buttons in the config file but for whatever reason when I run games in Mame, the buttons work right but light wrong. What should I be looking for?

Also most all the options in Configure LED Blinky to Test are grey out when selecting options from the drop down boxes, is this a limitation of the trail mode?
Hi,
There's no limitations in the trial version. If all the 'Test' buttons are disabled (gray), then is sounds like the app is not detecting any LED controller (LEDWiz, PacLED64, etc.). Are you getting any error messages? Try using the SimpleLEDTest.exe app to see if you're LEDs are wired correctly. If the buttons are lighting up with the test app, then try the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooting.exe app and see if that can identify the problem.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #786 on: June 18, 2013, 01:36:43 pm »

Hi,
There's no limitations in the trial version. If all the 'Test' buttons are disabled (gray), then is sounds like the app is not detecting any LED controller (LEDWiz, PacLED64, etc.). Are you getting any error messages? Try using the SimpleLEDTest.exe app to see if you're LEDs are wired correctly. If the buttons are lighting up with the test app, then try the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooting.exe app and see if that can identify the problem.

I will give it a shot when I get home from work today.

I was able to program all the LEDs correctly when configuring the app. and I am pretty sure SimpleLEDTest.exe worked correctly too.

I will reply back in a little to confirm when in front of my machine.

Thanks for the reply..

ps. Controller File
Controller files are usually supplied by Control Panel vendors (xArcade, SlikStik, etc.). They provide the default input controls for their layout. If you use a controller file when running MAME, set the path to that file.

Is this something I need to provide when using a I-Pac?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:03:24 pm by Visitor Q »
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #787 on: June 18, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »

Hi,

I will give it a shot when I get home from work today.

I was able to program all the LEDs correctly when configuring the app. and I am pretty sure SimpleLEDTest.exe worked correctly too.

I will reply back in a little to confirm when in front of my machine.

Thanks for the reply..

ps. Controller File
Controller files are usually supplied by Control Panel vendors (xArcade, SlikStik, etc.). They provide the default input controls for their layout. If you use a controller file when running MAME, set the path to that file.

Is this something I need to provide when using a I-Pac?

No need for controller file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #788 on: June 18, 2013, 07:46:09 pm »
Trouble shooting app is showing...

Mame is configured player 1 button 1 as the following...

Keycode L Control
Joycode 1 Button 1
Mousecode 1 Button 1

When really Player 1 Button 1 is "a" and only "a".

What gets me is the controlls always function correctly but don't display correctly.  :dizzy:

Maybe my mame.ini is the problem??
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:50:36 pm by Visitor Q »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #789 on: June 18, 2013, 07:56:09 pm »

Keycode L Control
Joycode 1 Button 1
Mousecode 1 Button 1

What gets me is the controlls always function correctly but don't display correctly.  :dizzy:

Not likely the mame.ini is causing the problem. Is it possible you have mame installed in more than one location or you're pointing LEDBlinky to the wrong folder for the mame cfg files (should be /cfg)? If you email me the debug.ZIP file I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

« Reply #790 on: June 18, 2013, 07:57:37 pm »
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:01:14 pm by Nephasth »

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #791 on: June 18, 2013, 08:25:34 pm »

Keycode L Control
Joycode 1 Button 1
Mousecode 1 Button 1

Not likely the mame.ini is causing the problem. Is it possible you have mame installed in more than one location or you're pointing LEDBlinky to the wrong folder for the mame cfg files (should be /cfg)? If you email me the debug.ZIP file I'll take a look.

Mame is installed in one location only. I even just reinstalled it, same problem it seems.

Email sent with debug.zip

Hope you can help and thanks.

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #792 on: June 19, 2013, 03:21:41 pm »
Pretty sure I solved my problem, reinstalled Mame and reconfigured.

Question... Can CPWizard be ran with LED Blinky?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #793 on: June 19, 2013, 03:39:11 pm »

LEDBlinky and CPWizard should work fine together.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #794 on: June 19, 2013, 04:21:07 pm »

LEDBlinky and CPWizard should work fine together.

I'll give it a shot and report back soon. :)

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:56:03 pm
« Reply #795 on: July 01, 2013, 02:24:18 am »
I'm struggling to get led blinky working with mame, I have it playing different animations on start/exit of hyperspin just fine. I'm sure I have all settings correct but can't get mame to speak/flash the controls for each game.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #796 on: July 01, 2013, 10:39:44 am »
I'm struggling to get led blinky working with mame, I have it playing different animations on start/exit of hyperspin just fine. I'm sure I have all settings correct but can't get mame to speak/flash the controls for each game.

Make sure you have the "Speak & Blink Controls On Game Start" option checked (on the Game Options tab). If you already have that checked, you can try the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter app to see if it can identify the problem.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
Re: Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #797 on: July 01, 2013, 02:06:33 pm »

Make sure you have the "Speak & Blink Controls On Game Start" option checked (on the Game Options tab). If you already have that checked, you can try the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter app to see if it can identify the problem.

Those are checked, no idea what is wrong. I've tried renaming mame64.exe to mame.exe.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #798 on: July 01, 2013, 02:47:39 pm »

Those are checked, no idea what is wrong. I've tried renaming mame64.exe to mame.exe.

Turn on the Debug Log and Verbose options (Misc Options tab), run HS and a mame game or two, then email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #799 on: July 01, 2013, 02:56:50 pm »
Got it working just now, finally. I was testing it with wwf wrestlefest only, that doesn't work for some reason. I'll take a look at the control file. Thanks for your advice.