Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552882 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #720 on: September 26, 2012, 09:56:12 pm »
Version 5.1 released!

Code: [Select]
LEDBlinky v5.1 9/26/2012
- Added new option to specifiy unique animations on a game-by-game basis. Games which do not have a unique animation specified will continue to use the selected default animation.
- Added new option to specify Cabinet animations for the following events; FE Start, FE Quit, FE Active, FE Screen Saver, FE List Change, Game Start, Game Play, and Game Pause.
- Added Randome Montage to FE Active Animation list.
- Modified FE Screen Saver behavior; when a FE Active animation is selected and a FE Screen Saver animation is not selected, the FE Active animation will stop running when the screen saver is active. Prior to this modfication, the FE Active animation would continue to run while the screen saver was active. You can replicate the original behavior by specifying the same animation for both FE Active and FE Screen Saver.
- Modified FE List Change animation behavior when "Random" is selected; a random animation will now run each time the FE list is changed. Prior to this modification, a random animation was only selected for the first list change event.
- Added support for Ultimarc ServoStik; ServoStik(s) will be switched to 4-way mode for 2-way and 4-way games, all other games will switch to 8-way.
- Increased Primary Instance wait time from 2 seconds to 5 seconds; this should reduce the occurance of timeout errors.
Animation Editor v5.1
- Added new option to create device independent (generic) animations that will run on all compatible LED controllers for use with any system regardless of the LED configuration or layout.
LEDBlinky Troubleshooter v5.1
- New application to help troubleshoot various LEDBlinky configuration issues.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #721 on: September 26, 2012, 10:53:55 pm »
Nice. I'll have to pull this down and give it a whirl!

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #722 on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:12 pm »
Loving it! Many thanks arzoo! :applaud:

Santoro

• Purveyor of Shiny Arcade Goodness
  • Santoro
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 07:05:04 pm
  • Boycott Quarters!!!
    • ArcadeReplay!
« Reply #723 on: September 28, 2012, 08:30:10 pm »
woooohooo!

jdjuggler

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2022, 10:54:37 pm
  • Hurray! I don't have pockets for quarters anyway!
« Reply #724 on: October 24, 2012, 10:48:15 pm »
I have a Player 1 setup with an 8-way and 6 buttons.  I have a Player 1 4-way with 2 buttons.  These 2 buttons with the 4-way are the same as the P1 8-way buttons 1 and 2.  When I map 8-way P1B1 in the software, I cannot map another P1B1 (for the 4-way).
So, my question is, how do I get my P1B1 on my 4-way to light up with the "blink controls" feature if I can't map it correctly in the software?
Thanks,
JD

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #725 on: October 25, 2012, 08:53:15 am »
I have a Player 1 setup with an 8-way and 6 buttons.  I have a Player 1 4-way with 2 buttons.  These 2 buttons with the 4-way are the same as the P1 8-way buttons 1 and 2.  When I map 8-way P1B1 in the software, I cannot map another P1B1 (for the 4-way).
So, my question is, how do I get my P1B1 on my 4-way to light up with the "blink controls" feature if I can't map it correctly in the software?
Thanks,
JD

When assigning your device/port input settings, the port label (P1B1 for example) can be set to any value you want. It's the input codes you assign to each port that determine which LEDs light up. So in your example, you could label the 8-way player 1 button 1 "P1B1-8" and the 4-way player 1 button 1 "P1B1-4". As long as they both have the same input code(s) then both buttons will light up and blink for player 1 button 1. Just to clarify, when using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap tool, the Port Label drop-down is just a list of suggested values - you can type any value you want as a Port Label.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #726 on: October 28, 2012, 02:16:34 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Had a quick question, and maybe a feature suggestion for another version.

Is there any way to set Blinky up so that it performs a sound triggered animation (say amplitude trigger of a specified animation), but when there's no sound at all either
1) fall back to a specific other animation
or
2) default to no animation (ie all leds off).

?

If not, could this be something for a future version?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #727 on: October 28, 2012, 05:39:52 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Had a quick question, and maybe a feature suggestion for another version.

Is there any way to set Blinky up so that it performs a sound triggered animation (say amplitude trigger of a specified animation), but when there's no sound at all either
1) fall back to a specific other animation
or
2) default to no animation (ie all leds off).

?

If not, could this be something for a future version?

It would not be a difficult enhancement to turn off all LEDs after a set period of silence. I'll consider for future version!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Trnzaddict

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 12:12:29 pm
« Reply #728 on: October 28, 2012, 10:10:04 pm »
Hi Arzoo. I have everything working correctly with LED blinky and MAME, but I cannot get my Player 1/2 start buttons to flash when a credit is inserted for the life of me. The option is checked in the config screen.

Every other thing works flawlessly e,g Controls light, Controls spoken during beginning and pause of MAME, literally everything but this one feature. I'm on 147u1. Any idea what can be wrong?

Nephasth

« Reply #729 on: October 28, 2012, 11:09:01 pm »
Hi Arzoo. I have everything working correctly with LED blinky and MAME, but I cannot get my Player 1/2 start buttons to flash when a credit is inserted for the life of me. The option is checked in the config screen.

Every other thing works flawlessly e,g Controls light, Controls spoken during beginning and pause of MAME, literally everything but this one feature. I'm on 147u1. Any idea what can be wrong?

Only works for games that support that function. Try Galaga.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #730 on: October 29, 2012, 10:20:40 am »

Only works for games that support that function. Try Galaga.

Nephasth is correct. Only some of the older classics support this feature. Along with Galaga, I know it works for Asteroids and Digdug (and I'm sure there are others).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2021, 03:50:10 pm
    • Random Projects
« Reply #731 on: October 29, 2012, 12:02:04 pm »
Nephasth is correct. Only some of the older classics support this feature. Along with Galaga, I know it works for Asteroids and Digdug (and I'm sure there are others).

This is a feature that i wish worked everywhere.

Are you able to control the ledout's based on a keypress?

if(creditAdded) //mapped coindoor
    AddCredit();
if(creditCount >0)
    FlashInput(x);

That would be amazing if you could toggle something like that on and off for all games.  But then again, i have no idea what you're dealing with in ledblinky.
Check out my current 3 machine build:
http://yaksplat.wordpress.com

Custom Control Panels: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=121245

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #732 on: October 29, 2012, 02:05:28 pm »

This is a feature that i wish worked everywhere.

Are you able to control the ledout's based on a keypress?

if(creditAdded) //mapped coindoor
    AddCredit();
if(creditCount >0)
    FlashInput(x);

That would be amazing if you could toggle something like that on and off for all games.  But then again, i have no idea what you're dealing with in ledblinky.

LEDBlinky doesn't monitor keypress events while an emulator (MAME) is active. So there's really no way to implement the feature - sorry.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

iserian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2017, 07:43:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Lights Flash white//
« Reply #733 on: November 03, 2012, 07:53:49 pm »
Arzoo - LedBlinky is flashing all of my button lights white/on -off (I'm running all RGB buttons).  From time to time it will go back to the correct patterns that have been selected but more often than not it fast flashes the buttons white.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: Lights Flash white//
« Reply #734 on: November 04, 2012, 09:08:52 am »
Arzoo - LedBlinky is flashing all of my button lights white/on -off (I'm running all RGB buttons).  From time to time it will go back to the correct patterns that have been selected but more often than not it fast flashes the buttons white.

Do you have the Button Flash option enabled (on the FE Options tab)? If so, try turning that off.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

pbarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2023, 08:03:19 am
« Reply #735 on: November 06, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »
Hi, I had a question about setting up LEDBlinky's MAME credit 'flashing'..

Right now when I coin up a game in mame, it will flash the player 1 or player 2 credit button(s)... however, I noticed on a game like Battlezone, instead of LED0 and LED1 being turned on and off, it's trying to cycle LEDSTART which, from using the mame monitor tool you included with LEDBlinky, tells me that LEDSTART is [unassigned].  Question - where is this supposed to be 'assigned', exactly?  Seems like I just need to mark this someplace, but wasn't quite sure where...I wasn't real clear on where it was getting LED0 and LED1 from either, as it's probably the same place..

Thanks!
Pete

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #736 on: November 07, 2012, 10:59:48 am »
Hi, I had a question about setting up LEDBlinky's MAME credit 'flashing'..

Right now when I coin up a game in mame, it will flash the player 1 or player 2 credit button(s)... however, I noticed on a game like Battlezone, instead of LED0 and LED1 being turned on and off, it's trying to cycle LEDSTART which, from using the mame monitor tool you included with LEDBlinky, tells me that LEDSTART is [unassigned].  Question - where is this supposed to be 'assigned', exactly?  Seems like I just need to mark this someplace, but wasn't quite sure where...I wasn't real clear on where it was getting LED0 and LED1 from either, as it's probably the same place..

Thanks!
Pete

Hi Pete,
You'll need to edit the MameOutputs.ini file and either add LEDSTART to the [default] section or create a section for Battlezone. You can assign the mame output (LEDSTART) to one or more ports on your LED controller(s) or assign it to a specific control. The MameOutputs.ini file has some documentation and examples in the header.

Your entry should look something like this:

[Default]
LEDSTART=START1

Let me know if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:25:39 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

pbarcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #737 on: November 08, 2012, 08:38:08 pm »
Thanks! I'll give that a try...

pbarcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #738 on: November 08, 2012, 10:23:45 pm »
I got it working, but it didn't seem to like using my port tags... For example, under [default], I needed LED0=PACLED64,1,10,24

Putting LED0=P1START or LED0=JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 didn't do anything...unless, now that I'm typing this...you were saying I should put 'LED0=<P1START>'? 

Pete

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #739 on: November 09, 2012, 08:49:19 am »
I got it working, but it didn't seem to like using my port tags... For example, under [default], I needed LED0=PACLED64,1,10,24

Putting LED0=P1START or LED0=JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 didn't do anything...unless, now that I'm typing this...you were saying I should put 'LED0=<P1START>'? 

Pete

Not sure why the port label didn't work (you had it correct without the angle brackets) but glad you got it working!

Edit: my mistake; you can use a control name as defined by mame (not a port label).
LEDSTART = START1
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:28:01 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

pbarcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #740 on: November 09, 2012, 11:56:03 am »
Where are you finding the 'START1' part? ..or shall I say, who resolves START1, and what are they resolving it to? Is START1 a variable for the PACLED64 interface port in ledblinky, or is it a variable in mame for a LEDBlinkey port, etc...

If I use the mame troubleshooter tool, it's basically saying what mame is looking for...turning on/off LEDSTART....  In the LEDBlinkey input tool, you have two tags, the P1START, which you can set to whatever you want, and the Joycode_1_Button1 (in my example, since my start button is wired up to one of the joypad buttons on the u360 joystick interface from ultimarc). 

I have it working with LED=PACLED64,1,10,24 and the mame troubleshooter shows PACLED64,1,10,24 instead of unassigned...but i'm trying to figure out how to connect the dots between all these apps...:) Almost need a small flowchart..heh.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #741 on: November 09, 2012, 02:00:27 pm »
Where are you finding the 'START1' part? ..or shall I say, who resolves START1, and what are they resolving it to? Is START1 a variable for the PACLED64 interface port in ledblinky, or is it a variable in mame for a LEDBlinkey port, etc...

If I use the mame troubleshooter tool, it's basically saying what mame is looking for...turning on/off LEDSTART....  In the LEDBlinkey input tool, you have two tags, the P1START, which you can set to whatever you want, and the Joycode_1_Button1 (in my example, since my start button is wired up to one of the joypad buttons on the u360 joystick interface from ultimarc). 

I have it working with LED=PACLED64,1,10,24 and the mame troubleshooter shows PACLED64,1,10,24 instead of unassigned...but i'm trying to figure out how to connect the dots between all these apps...:) Almost need a small flowchart..heh.

Sorry for the confusion. START1 is a mame defined control name. If you open the LEDBlinkyControls.xml file and look in the <controlDefaults groupName="MAME"> section, you'll see a list of the control names. MAME assigns each control to input codes (keyboard codes and joystick codes) based on defaults or values you set from the in-game config menu. LEDBlinky uses the keyboard codes and joystick codes to map the relationship between the mame controls and the ports on the LED controllers.

When using the LEDBlinky device/port input map application, you assign a port "label" to each port. In your example above, this would be the value "P1START". The port label is only used to tie together three RGB ports into a single LED - it has nothing to do with mame control relationships. That's why you can use any port label values you wish. Only the keyboard codes and/or joystick codes are used when determining which button to light up.

Back to your example above, "JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1" is the joystick code that you have assigned to your player 1 start button. The mame control name for the player 1 start button is START1 or P1_START. So for the mame output called "LEDSTART" you would use:
LEDSTART=START1
or
LEDSTART=P1_START

Not sure if this helps or makes everything more confusing  :o
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:47:14 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

griffindodd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 29, 2023, 02:43:19 pm
  • Builds Stuff
« Reply #743 on: November 16, 2012, 01:42:55 am »
Hi all,

Struggling with my first ever LEDBlinky setup and Hyperspin FE.

So far I have...

Mapped and saved all my key lights to the correct ports on my PACLED64's (I have 2)
Didn't map any keystrokes to my buttons in LEDBLinky as I have programmed them to the IPAC already
Generated my Mame.xml and pointed to it
Downloaded the controller.ini from controls.arcadecontrols.com and pointed to it.
In General Settings set to light game keys, no animation during game play.
In Hyperspin settings set to light keys for demo

Can't get the gameplay buttons to light up when previewing in Hyperspin or when playing in Mame, they are all just off (or perform an animation if I choose a gameplay animation option).

What have I missed???

EDIT - FOund the issue, I didn't have my keystrokes mapped in the mapping config

Joel
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:56:56 am by griffindodd »
I drink and I know things.

jonesjustin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 17, 2012, 02:39:47 am
« Reply #744 on: November 17, 2012, 02:18:18 am »
I have been searching for hours and I haven’t found such awesome work.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #745 on: November 17, 2012, 10:30:02 am »
I have been searching for hours and I haven’t found such awesome work.

Searching for what? And Thanks!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2023, 12:54:43 pm
« Reply #746 on: November 25, 2012, 05:35:00 pm »
Two  questions :

I have a dedicated start button and a dedicated genre button on my hyperspin setup. Now I really don't know which port label should be used to get those working. Exit does light up though.

Second:

I want all neo geo games to light up in the 4 buttons (red, yellow, green, blue) but most of them are actually unknown to led blinks (although they are in the colors.ini!?) Controls ini only uses the system name (neogeo) though... any way to set this up? 

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #747 on: November 26, 2012, 08:58:42 am »
Two  questions :

I have a dedicated start button and a dedicated genre button on my hyperspin setup. Now I really don't know which port label should be used to get those working. Exit does light up though.

Second:

I want all neo geo games to light up in the 4 buttons (red, yellow, green, blue) but most of them are actually unknown to led blinks (although they are in the colors.ini!?) Controls ini only uses the system name (neogeo) though... any way to set this up?

You can set the port label to anything you want (type in your own value or select from the list) – it does not affect which buttons light up. It’s the keyboard codes that determine which buttons light. For dedicated buttons that are not normally used by mame (or other emulators), you’ll need to use the Controls Editor and set them to “Always Active”. This link may help; http://www.ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LightMAMEUI

For NEOGEO, I think you’ll need to use the controls editor to import the Unknown Game (neogeo) and set up the default controls and colors.

The Troubleshooting app may also help determine why a button is not lighting up.

Post back if you're still having problems/questions or email me the debug.zip and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

« Reply #748 on: November 26, 2012, 09:14:59 am »
I have a modified controls.ini that I added all the neogeo games (and other games found in colors.ini that were missing from controls.ini) to. If you want, I can post it up later today.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:18:18 am by Nephasth »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #749 on: November 26, 2012, 10:21:22 am »
I have a modified controls.ini that I added all the neogeo games (and other games found in colors.ini that were missing from controls.ini) to. If you want, I can post it up later today.

Nephasth - You might want to also post that on the controls.dat forum. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 11:47:38 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #750 on: November 26, 2012, 10:51:04 am »
I'd love to have that controls.ini! :)

I got the genre/start game buttons working also! :) so now I only need to get neo geo working.

Would it be possible to set neo geo up as an emulator in the control editor although it's running through mame?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #751 on: November 26, 2012, 11:54:44 am »
Would it be possible to set neo geo up as an emulator in the control editor although it's running through mame?

Hmmm, you might be able to create another instance of mame and rename the exe so it didn't have "mame" in the file name. Then Blinky would just see it as another emulator. But with that configuration, none of the mame specific files or features would be used - basically the buttons would just light up as configured in the controls editor (like any other non-mame emulator).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Lunar Looser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2012, 07:43:33 am
« Reply #752 on: November 27, 2012, 07:43:49 am »
I have an old Hellomat Cab with a 21" PC-CRT, an old PC, MaximusArcade with MAME and LEDBlinky.
Everything works fine, but in one game one button didn´t light correctly:
          Lunar lander
In MAME the configuration is
P1 Pedal analog            n/a
P1 Pedal analog Dec     none
P1 Pedal analog Inc      key Y
So when i press the button assigned to "Y" on my control panel (IPac64), the lander fires his rocket and moves up. Great.
But the button didn´t light. This button lights correct in other games, but not in Lunar Lander.
I assume it has to do with "P1 Pedal analog". How can i light this LED for a game that uses "P1 Pedal analog"?
And if i want LEDBlinky to announce this button, what must i do?
All buttons in all games are announced correctly, like "Turn left", "thrust" or "Fire",
but i have no idea how to configure the speech in control.ini for P1 pedal analog.   :(
Any solutions for this two problems?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #753 on: November 27, 2012, 08:51:47 am »
I have an old Hellomat Cab with a 21" PC-CRT, an old PC, MaximusArcade with MAME and LEDBlinky.
Everything works fine, but in one game one button didn´t light correctly:
          Lunar lander
In MAME the configuration is
P1 Pedal analog            n/a
P1 Pedal analog Dec     none
P1 Pedal analog Inc      key Y
So when i press the button assigned to "Y" on my control panel (IPac64), the lander fires his rocket and moves up. Great.
But the button didn´t light. This button lights correct in other games, but not in Lunar Lander.
I assume it has to do with "P1 Pedal analog". How can i light this LED for a game that uses "P1 Pedal analog"?
And if i want LEDBlinky to announce this button, what must i do?
All buttons in all games are announced correctly, like "Turn left", "thrust" or "Fire",
but i have no idea how to configure the speech in control.ini for P1 pedal analog.   :(
Any solutions for this two problems?

Try using the Troubleshooting app to determine why the Thrust button is not lighting up. If that doesn't help, email me the debug.zip file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Trnzaddict

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 12:12:29 pm
« Reply #754 on: November 27, 2012, 09:58:14 am »
Hi Arzoo, I'm having some issues over here. Actually first I have a question. I'm running rgb led's in my X Arcade Tankstick, which when all 3 colors light up together the color of the button is white. When I'm scrolling through games in HyperSpin, the games that don't have any entries in the color.ini files, the buttons light up white. Is there any way I can change that so the left side is default Red and the right side is default blue without importing each game manually to change? Also is there any way I can blink and speak my p1 start and p2 start buttons? Ever since I installed lb it only lit these controls and never spoke them or blinked them.

The other issue is, ledblinky does not like playchoice 10 games. It will not correctly speak and blink the Channel Enter, Channel Select, or Reset keys. When I add these keys in the controls editor after importing the mame game, it screws everything up. If I just have it display just the B and A for p1 and p2 button's as on the original PC10 cabs, everything is correct. But when I add the extra keys, my player2 A button does not light and for whatever reason it speaks Channel Select and Channel Enter on my p1 side on my A and B buttons, not the keys I have assigned them to. Also when these extra buttons are added in I have my keys assigned to p1 and p2 button 8 in mame on my cp light up white, which should not happen because these are not even an option to use in the Playchoice 10 cfg screens.

I also tried to use your troubleshooter, and I'm getting a memory access violation error when I boot it up, so I can't even attempt to repair it myself.

Help?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #755 on: November 27, 2012, 10:46:23 am »
Hi Arzoo, I'm having some issues over here. Actually first I have a question. I'm running rgb led's in my X Arcade Tankstick, which when all 3 colors light up together the color of the button is white. When I'm scrolling through games in HyperSpin, the games that don't have any entries in the color.ini files, the buttons light up white. Is there any way I can change that so the left side is default Red and the right side is default blue without importing each game manually to change? Also is there any way I can blink and speak my p1 start and p2 start buttons? Ever since I installed lb it only lit these controls and never spoke them or blinked them.

The other issue is, ledblinky does not like playchoice 10 games. It will not correctly speak and blink the Channel Enter, Channel Select, or Reset keys. When I add these keys in the controls editor after importing the mame game, it screws everything up. If I just have it display just the B and A for p1 and p2 button's as on the original PC10 cabs, everything is correct. But when I add the extra keys, my player2 A button does not light and for whatever reason it speaks Channel Select and Channel Enter on my p1 side on my A and B buttons, not the keys I have assigned them to. Also when these extra buttons are added in I have my keys assigned to p1 and p2 button 8 in mame on my cp light up white, which should not happen because these are not even an option to use in the Playchoice 10 cfg screens.

I also tried to use your troubleshooter, and I'm getting a memory access violation error when I boot it up, so I can't even attempt to repair it myself.

Help?

When there's no color defined for a control, LEDBlinky uses the Default Active color (white by default). Using the controls editor, you can create a <default> control group for MAME and then set the Default_Active color (on the Common Controls tab). But there is no way to default some buttons to red and others to blue - you would have to import each game separately or add to the colors.ini.

The Start and Coin buttons are never spoken. This is an option I could possibly add in a future release if there is enough interest.

If you turn on the Debug Log and Verbose options, run some of the PC10 games, then email me the debug.zip file I'll take a look.

Not sure why the troubleshooting app is crashing - is the .exe in the LEDBlinky folder? If you want to zip up your entire LEDBlinky folder and email that to me I might be able to figure out what the bug is.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
AW: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #756 on: December 01, 2012, 05:25:38 pm »
The coin and start button in mame is only blinking in some games, what could be the reason for that?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire HD A9191 mit Tapatalk 2

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: AW: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.1
« Reply #757 on: December 01, 2012, 05:34:37 pm »
The coin and start button in mame is only blinking in some games, what could be the reason for that?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire HD A9191 mit Tapatalk 2

That feature is only supported by some of the older classic games. Its basically game dependent.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

evh347

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 22, 2022, 04:58:20 pm
« Reply #758 on: January 17, 2013, 12:04:30 am »
Arzoo,
I recently updated my computer in my Mame machine.  I went from XP to Win7.  Basically, I just copied over my LED Blinky software.

The only issue I've had is with the Audio Animation.  Ultimately, I want be able to stick this app in TEST mode again so the lights will coordinate with audio playback. 

I used to be able to open up the Configure LEDBlinky utility and then the "Audio Animation" tab.

Now when I do that, I get a popup box that says, "Invalid Audio Device value.  This may occur if you have changed audio hardare.  Please re-select the Audio DEVICE."

I click OK and then I get an "Error initializing Audio functions.  BASS_RecordInit failed.  Error: BASS_ERROR_DEVICE (23)"

I click OK on that popup and then try to select from the "Audio Device and Input" dropdown and there is nothing to select.

So, obviously this has something to do with LEDBlinky looking for my old audio device and not finding it, right?

What configuration changes do I do to get this working again?  Is it just a Windows thing?

If all I need to do is reinstall (which I'm close to doing) what files do I have to make sure I don't delete so that I do lose everything I've worked on (my button config)?

Thanks (as always)!

EDIT:  I'm running an upgrade of 5.1 LED Blinky
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:06:25 am by evh347 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #759 on: January 17, 2013, 09:52:38 am »
Arzoo,
I recently updated my computer in my Mame machine.  I went from XP to Win7.  Basically, I just copied over my LED Blinky software.

The only issue I've had is with the Audio Animation.  Ultimately, I want be able to stick this app in TEST mode again so the lights will coordinate with audio playback. 

I used to be able to open up the Configure LEDBlinky utility and then the "Audio Animation" tab.

Now when I do that, I get a popup box that says, "Invalid Audio Device value.  This may occur if you have changed audio hardare.  Please re-select the Audio DEVICE."

I click OK and then I get an "Error initializing Audio functions.  BASS_RecordInit failed.  Error: BASS_ERROR_DEVICE (23)"

I click OK on that popup and then try to select from the "Audio Device and Input" dropdown and there is nothing to select.

So, obviously this has something to do with LEDBlinky looking for my old audio device and not finding it, right?

What configuration changes do I do to get this working again?  Is it just a Windows thing?

If all I need to do is reinstall (which I'm close to doing) what files do I have to make sure I don't delete so that I do lose everything I've worked on (my button config)?

Thanks (as always)!

EDIT:  I'm running an upgrade of 5.1 LED Blinky

My guess is this is an issue with Win7 using the motherboard audio drivers - other users have had similar problems. First try this; edit the ledblinky settings.ini file (using notepad or any text editor) and change the AudioDevice value to 0. Then run the config app and see if any audio devices show up in the Audio Device list.

[AudioAnimation]
AudioDevice=0

If that doesn’t work then try this:
1. Right click the volume icon in the system tray and select “Recording Device”. Or you can open the “Sounds” dialog from the control panel.
2. On the Sound “Recording” tab, right click on any blank area and select “Show Disabled Devices”. This should then add a device that may be called “Stereo Mix” or “What You Hear”.
3. Right click the new device and select “Enable”.
4. Back in the LEDBlinky config, select the device.

If Win7 will not let you enable the “Stereo Mix” recording device then you could try upgrading your audio drivers or purchase an inexpensive audio card.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction