Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552921 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v5.0
« Reply #600 on: November 03, 2011, 09:29:41 am »
Arzoo, LEDBlinky doesn't seem to be picking up GameEx controls correctly - not sure if it's something to do with what controls are detected or if it's the way I have things setup.  Select and back work, as does volume down, but page up/page down light and neither does Volume up.  Kind of odd...

Try this - turn on the debug.log and verbose options, then run MA. Look in the ledblinky folder and open the debug.zip file. From the zip, extract or view the Debug_FEControl.log file. This text file will list all the controls for MA and what keycodes are assigned. If you don't have those keycodes assigned to ports in the LEDBlinky input map then they won't light up. Hope this makes sense - if not, email me the debug.zip and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

RamjetR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 04, 2021, 03:27:58 am
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #601 on: November 03, 2011, 10:32:12 am »
I thought perhaps if the LEDs were set to perminently on, then I'd also have the same issue of them staying on whilst I may wish to turn them off with the script. Like the Brakelight for example. Where it needs to be completely independant of any animation so that when the brake pedal is pressed, the AHK script can control the Pin on it's own.

I thought about this a bit further and unfortunately I don't think my suggestion (fake emu) will work  :(. LEDBlinky keeps track of which ports are on or off based on its own control logic - but it does not expect any other controller to alter the port states. So even though my code can virtually lock a port to keep it's state, in reality it's still sending commands to those ports. In other words, it does not ignore the locked ports, just keeps them the same value.

The only other solution I can think of to achieve what you want, would be to use two PACDrives - one for the LEDs controlled by LEDBlinky and one for the LEDs controlled by your scripts.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. However, the refresh rate of the audio animation is about 10ms from memory and a flash that short is not noticeable. When the LED's are told to be OFF state, then the AHK script can turn them ON and hold them ON. I've spent the last 30mins (giving myself a mini epileptic fit) fine tuning the sequence in AHK for just the Police Lights alone. And because the LED's are OFF on those pins (set OFF within the default controls of the Controls editor) the AHK script modifies the pacdrive.dll states. I'm assuming here that LEDBlinky when it goes to change the LED's on a whole, will capture the new States, alter the ones it needs, and write them back to the pacdrive?

It's late and I may be jibbering a bit lol... but it looks like it's working... I'll get a verbose for you if you'd like to see how it's configured?

All this hard work will pay off by adding support for all my PC Games as well as the Emulated games.... btw, does M2Emulator use the VR lights properly in LEDBlinky yet? I haven't looked into it yet as I'm still setting up a hundred other things on this machine and building two more of them. The Build log should be quite epic now that I know what I'm doing :P
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:38:31 am by RamjetR »
Gentlemen.... Start your engines!
My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ramjetr?feature=mhee
Try my RamjetM2Borderless V0.7 utility for your M2Emulator shooting games here https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-P3wlCiYEm3RzhCZk1NcFR3blE
Try my Sega Model 2 Output Utility RamjetVR V1.4 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-P3wlCiYEm3VHhBMXNxZGVIQk0/edit

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #602 on: November 03, 2011, 03:00:00 pm »
Headkaze, do I use the new dll on LEDBlinky or AutoHotkey or both? At the moment AHK and LEDBlinky are launched from different folders using their own copy of the dll each. Reckon there would be an issue running a AHK script using the same DLL that LEDBlinky is also trying to use... actually I'll have a go and find out what happens....

I would place your AHK script in the same folder as LEDBlinky's PacDrive.dll so it uses the same one.

It's 12:10am here in Australia and the GF isn't happy because I've been up for hours playing Police Lights on the coffee table.

:laugh2:

Necro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2022, 08:22:22 pm
  • Building a 'Classic' MAME Cab
« Reply #603 on: November 03, 2011, 09:15:48 pm »
Arzoo, LEDBlinky doesn't seem to be picking up GameEx controls correctly - not sure if it's something to do with what controls are detected or if it's the way I have things setup.  Select and back work, as does volume down, but page up/page down light and neither does Volume up.  Kind of odd...

Try this - turn on the debug.log and verbose options, then run MA. Look in the ledblinky folder and open the debug.zip file. From the zip, extract or view the Debug_FEControl.log file. This text file will list all the controls for MA and what keycodes are assigned. If you don't have those keycodes assigned to ports in the LEDBlinky input map then they won't light up. Hope this makes sense - if not, email me the debug.zip and I'll take a look.

Thansk - will do.  May be something with GameEx calling the Alt key menu or something like that.  I'll check and see.

Necro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #604 on: November 04, 2011, 11:29:34 am »
Arzoo - I think I figured out the problem after looking at the log.  None of the 'Advanced Keyboard Input' items from GameEx are appearing/lighting up - maybe not detected or something along those lines?  They function, they just don't work.

The specific items I'm using are called the following (In GameEx Setup Wizard, Input Settings, Advanced Keyboard Input):
- Page Up
- Page Down
- Volume Up
- Volume Down

I think I can hardcode it into the profile editor, no problem, if it's a PITA to capture - just wanted to see if it was user error or the software itself.

Also - should the software be detecting menu changes, etc., in GameEx?  (the unregistered LEDBlinky)  I'd love to get that working and a few of the other 'detect' items, but understand if it's just out of scope for the program.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #605 on: November 04, 2011, 09:37:55 pm »
The specific items I'm using are called the following (In GameEx Setup Wizard, Input Settings, Advanced Keyboard Input):
- Page Up
- Page Down
- Volume Up
- Volume Down

I think I can hardcode it into the profile editor, no problem, if it's a PITA to capture - just wanted to see if it was user error or the software itself.

Also - should the software be detecting menu changes, etc., in GameEx?  (the unregistered LEDBlinky)  I'd love to get that working and a few of the other 'detect' items, but understand if it's just out of scope for the program.

Currently LEDBlinky does not read the advance keyboard commands from GameEx - although this is something I could add to a future update.

Yes - menu change events should be detected. Have you configured blinky to run an animation on the FE List Change?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Necro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #606 on: November 05, 2011, 12:38:46 am »
Yeah, I tried that and it wasn't doing anything.  And...damn on the advanced commands :) since I just found out I can't add/edit/modify the FE button config within the config app (it locks it to a set configuration since I have it set to GameEx).

What's considered 'changing a menu' - just so I know what is 'proper' function and what isn't? 

And if the advanced commands got added in that would be great...(In case you're wondering, I did try to use the GameEx LED Plugin originally since it was built for GameEx but that had some other issues of it's own with profiles (GameEx profile always on) that kind of killed it as an option). 

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #607 on: November 05, 2011, 03:58:42 pm »
What's considered 'changing a menu' - just so I know what is 'proper' function and what isn't? 

And if the advanced commands got added in that would be great...(In case you're wondering, I did try to use the GameEx LED Plugin originally since it was built for GameEx but that had some other issues of it's own with profiles (GameEx profile always on) that kind of killed it as an option). 

I've updated LEDBlinky with a fix for the GameEx menu change bug. I also added the GameEx advanced keyboard inputs. Download the upgrade and let me know if it works for you.

LEDBlinky v5.0.0.4

Also, to get the advance keyboard inputs to work - you'll need to manually edit the LEDBlinkyControls.xml file. I would recommend using Notepad++ but you can use any text editor. The lines between the ---------------- need to be added;

Code: [Select]
  <frontEnd fename="GameEx">
    <controlGroup groupName="DEFAULT" defaultActive="48,48,48,48" defaultInactive="0,0,0,0">
      <player number="0">
        <control name="SELECT" voice="Select"/>
        <control name="BACK" voice="Back"/>
        <control name="SHIFT1_PAGING" voice="Shift Paging"/>
        <control name="SHIFT2_VOLUME" voice="Shift Volume"/>
        <control name="UP" voice="Up"/>
        <control name="DOWN" voice="Down"/>
        <control name="LEFT" voice="Left"/>
        <control name="RIGHT" voice="Right"/>
        <control name="PREVTRACK" voice="Previous Track"/>
        <control name="NEXTTRACK" voice="Next Track"/>
        <control name="HOME" voice="Home"/>
        <control name="STOPSTARTJUKE" voice="Start or Stop Jukebox"/>
--------- new lines -----------------------------------------------------------------
        <control name="FOWARD" voice="Foward"/>
        <control name="REWIND" voice="Rewind"/>
        <control name="PAGEUP" voice="Page Up"/>
        <control name="PAGEDOWN" voice="Page Down"/>
        <control name="VOLUMEUP" voice="Volume Up"/>
        <control name="VOLUMEDOWN" voice="Volume Down"/>
        <control name="STOP" voice="Stop"/>
        <control name="PLAY" voice="Play"/>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      </player>
    </controlGroup>
  </frontEnd>

<controlDefaults groupName="GameEx" description="Default voice only used by LEDBlinky Controls Editor.">
    <control name="SELECT" voice="Select"/>
    <control name="BACK" voice="Back"/>
    <control name="SHIFT1_PAGING" voice="Shift Paging"/>
    <control name="SHIFT2_VOLUME" voice="Shift Volume"/>
    <control name="UP" voice="Up"/>
    <control name="DOWN" voice="Down"/>
    <control name="LEFT" voice="Left"/>
    <control name="RIGHT" voice="Right"/>
    <control name="PREVTRACK" voice="Previous Track"/>
    <control name="NEXTTRACK" voice="Next Track"/>
    <control name="HOME" voice="Home"/>
    <control name="STOPSTARTJUKE" voice="Start or Stop Jukebox"/>
--------- new lines -----------------------------------------------------------------
    <control name="FOWARD" voice="Foward"/>
    <control name="REWIND" voice="Rewind"/>
    <control name="PAGEUP" voice="Page Up"/>
    <control name="PAGEDOWN" voice="Page Down"/>
    <control name="VOLUMEUP" voice="Volume Up"/>
    <control name="VOLUMEDOWN" voice="Volume Down"/>
    <control name="STOP" voice="Stop"/>
    <control name="PLAY" voice="Play"/>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <control name="CONTROL_TRACKBALL" voice=""/>
    <control name="CONTROL_JOY4WAY" voice=""/>
    <control name="CONTROL_JOY8WAY" voice=""/>
    <control name="CONTROL_STICK" voice=""/>
  </controlDefaults>
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Necro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #608 on: November 06, 2011, 03:19:13 pm »
Arzoo, you freaking rock.   I'll update and edit the files and let you know how things go!  Thanks!

Necro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #609 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:12 pm »
Arzoo - all is working perfectly and good with the world.  Again, you rock.  Thanks much.  Now just a few more software 'issues' to get resolved with CPWizard and my cab will be close to done! ;)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #610 on: November 06, 2011, 10:35:27 pm »
Arzoo - all is working perfectly and good with the world.  Again, you rock.  Thanks much. 

Excellent!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mbasile35

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 27, 2017, 09:14:04 pm
« Reply #611 on: November 10, 2011, 03:05:21 pm »
Can LED Blinky  be used to animate leds to music? And if so is there anyway to use the port input keys you assign when you generate the input map to animate the songs real time by pressing the keys and that registering on or off for that led?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #612 on: November 10, 2011, 03:30:42 pm »
Can LED Blinky  be used to animate leds to music? And if so is there anyway to use the port input keys you assign when you generate the input map to animate the songs real time by pressing the keys and that registering on or off for that led?

Yes - LEDBlinky can sync the LEDs to the audio output (game sounds or music).

If I understand your second question correctly, you're asking if pressing a button can turn that LED on and then off when the button is released - the short answer is no. To prevent LEDBlinky from affecting emulator performance, it does not monitor keyboard presses. The only exception to this is when the FE is active - in which case it has a feature to flash the LED.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

« Reply #613 on: November 12, 2011, 11:57:50 pm »
A couple of things...

Does a game have to be listed in controls.ini before its buttons will light up to MAME's active default colors? I find it a little crazy that all those mahjong games are in controls.ini, but games like Metal Slug and Raiden are left out.

And is there currently a way to set control groups to light active only buttons different colors from each other (when using MAME defaults)? Say I wanted my player 1 buttons to be default red and player 2's to be default blue, but only light active controls. If not, is there a way this could be implemented in a future revision?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:36:21 am by Nephasth »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #614 on: November 13, 2011, 12:00:32 pm »
Does a game have to be listed in controls.ini before its buttons will light up to MAME's active default colors? I find it a little crazy that all those mahjong games are in controls.ini, but games like Metal Slug and Raiden are left out.

The game button colors are defined in the colors.ini file. If the rom is not listed in colors.ini, then it will use the mame default active colors. Both mslug and raiden should be listed in colors.ini.

And is there currently a way to set control groups to light active only buttons different colors from each other (when using MAME defaults)? Say I wanted my player 1 buttons to be default red and player 2's to be default blue, but only light active controls. If not, is there a way this could be implemented in a future revision?

Using the controls editor you can define the specific (default) colors for each player's buttons - but these will only be used for roms that are not listed in the colors.ini file.

From the controls editor, select MAME, then edit the <default> controls group. Select each player tab and add (New) buttons. For example, P1_Button1, P1_Button2, etc. From there you can set the color.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

« Reply #615 on: November 13, 2011, 12:34:30 pm »
The game button colors are defined in the colors.ini file. If the rom is not listed in colors.ini, then it will use the mame default active colors. Both mslug and raiden should be listed in colors.ini.

That's strange. Those games aren't lighting any buttons. I saw that they weren't listed in controls.ini and thought that might have something to do with it is why I asked. I'll have to take a closer look at my colors.ini.

Using the controls editor you can define the specific (default) colors for each player's buttons - but these will only be used for roms that are not listed in the colors.ini file.

From the controls editor, select MAME, then edit the <default> controls group. Select each player tab and add (New) buttons. For example, P1_Button1, P1_Button2, etc. From there you can set the color.

I've done this, but the problem I am having (if it's even a problem) is that my P1 and P2 layouts contain 7 buttons. If I select a game that uses only 2 buttons (and uses MAME defaults), all 7 buttons light up. I'm looking to only light active controls.

Nephasth

« Reply #616 on: November 13, 2011, 12:52:03 pm »
I checked my colors.ini and compared with my mame.xml, rom names match. Don't know why some games that are listed in colors.ini aren't lighting the controls. I'll have to send some more debug info your way later today.

Nephasth

« Reply #617 on: November 13, 2011, 03:00:59 pm »
I sent you my debug file a little bit ago, but I just found the problem. I would have emailed you again, but I figured this might be of some use to somebody else. It was in fact an issue with my controls.ini. As soon as I added Metal Slug [mslug] to my controls.ini, all of the buttons lit up correctly. I'll be spending alot of my down time adding games to my controls.ini.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #618 on: November 13, 2011, 04:18:07 pm »
I sent you my debug file a little bit ago, but I just found the problem. I would have emailed you again, but I figured this might be of some use to somebody else. It was in fact an issue with my controls.ini. As soon as I added Metal Slug [mslug] to my controls.ini, all of the buttons lit up correctly. I'll be spending alot of my down time adding games to my controls.ini.

I took a quick look at your debug file and noticed that it's only loading 1334 roms from your mame.xml and 0 clones. Typically the mame.xml file should contain closer to 2500 roms and just as many clones. LEDBlinky first looks to the controls.ini file for the rom controls, then to the mame.xml. I would suggest generating a new mame.xml file from your mame.exe.

[11/13/2011 12:03:12] 1056 games loaded from controls.ini
[11/13/2011 12:03:13] 1334 games loaded from Mame.xml
[11/13/2011 12:03:13] 0 clones loaded from Mame.xml
[11/13/2011 12:03:13] 1389 games loaded from Colors.ini
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:21:10 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

« Reply #619 on: November 13, 2011, 05:00:30 pm »
I had created a new mame.xml file some time ago to take out the clones and also games for which I don't have controls (trackballs, guns, etc.) and that is the list Hyperspin pulls up as the main mame list. Raiden and Metal Slug are included in my mame.xml. They weren't in my controls.ini. Once I added those two games to my controls.ini, their buttons lit up correctly. I tried not having controls.ini completely, and no buttons light up without it. I've been playing with controls.ini a little to see what the least amount of info I need in there to get the buttons lit up is.

This was what I added for Metal Slug. I basically copied the info from the other games, making the appropriate changes as needed:
[mslug]
gamename=Metal Slug
numPlayers=2
alternating=0
mirrored=1
tilt=0
cocktail=0
usesService=0
miscDetails=
P1NumButtons=4
P1Controls=8-way Joystick=joy8way
P1_BUTTON1=
P1_BUTTON2=
P1_BUTTON3=
P1_BUTTON4=

This is what I came up with for the minimum amount of info to get the controls for Raiden to light up correctly (P1Controls line isn't NEEDED, but I thought I woud leave it in):
[raiden]
numPlayers=2
alternating=0
P1NumButtons=2
P1Controls=8-way Joystick+joy8way
P1_BUTTON1=
P1_BUTTON2=

I'm pretty much completely new to all of this, but it definitely seems to be an issue with controls.ini being incomplete. I do have the "most up to date" version of controls.ini from here. But it looks like MacGyver also had an issue with controls.ini. I wonder if he made any progress in adding to it.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #620 on: November 13, 2011, 05:17:28 pm »
It's true that control.ini is not complete and in fact there's a forum to support the controls.dat project.

That being said, LEDBlinky looks to mame.xml for any rom missing from the controls file. There's enough info in mame.xml to identify which buttons should light up (but not the actual button function, run, jump, etc.). Also, metal slug is neogeo and blinky considers all neogeo roms to be clones - they all use the same controls. I guess what I'm getting at is, if your mame.xml file were complete, blinky should light up most every game correctly. The ones that don't light up correctly or you want to customize can be imported into the controls editor and modified. That way you don't have to mess with the controls.ini file.

But sounds like you've got it working with your method - which is fine also  :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

« Reply #621 on: November 13, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »
It's just kind of hard me to wrap my head around that, since I don't fully understand it. If LEDBlinky looks to mame.xml for roms missing from controls.ini, shouldn't some (maybe even most) games still light up when LEDBlinky isn't directed towards controls.ini? The NeoGeo stuff makes a little sense, but that doesn't help explain the Raiden problem to me because it's present in the mame.xml, but doesn't light up until it is present in controls.ini as well. I will try what you suggest and make a complete mame.xml, but keep it seperate from Hyperspin, and see what happens.

Nephasth

« Reply #622 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:40 pm »
No dice with a complete mame.xml, same games light up, same games don't.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #623 on: November 14, 2011, 08:11:00 am »
No dice with a complete mame.xml, same games light up, same games don't.

email me your debug.zip
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Nephasth

« Reply #624 on: November 21, 2011, 09:20:31 pm »
Well, arzoo, I now have LEDBlinky working wonderfully!

I spent more time than I'd care to admit these past few days adding all the games from colors.ini to controls.ini that weren't already in controls.ini. All those games lit up properly after that. However, none of the other games would light up to the mame defaults for active controls. I thought it might have been a problem with my complete .xml you had me try, so I decided to give it another shot and made another one. When I set the path to the new .xml, NONE of the leds would light for any game. I set it back to the one I just had it on, and now everything is working as it should. I didn't add the PlayChoice games to controls.ini because I planned on removing them... well now they light up to the right colors as well. Seems like it was in fact a problem with my .xml all along, I just don't understand why it wasn't working before, but now it all of a sudden it is... and why the new .xml won't light any of the leds. My head hurts.

Thanks again for all your support! :notworthy:

Helltrasher

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2015, 10:28:18 am
« Reply #625 on: January 09, 2012, 01:09:44 pm »
Hello!

At first, big THX for the great and wonderfull LEDBlinky Tool and great Support Documentary!

I have one simple question. Is there a way to get a current new colors.ini. Or is the only Version, they from 2007 how support "only" 1200 games?

THX&Cheers!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #626 on: January 09, 2012, 04:34:33 pm »
Hello!

At first, big THX for the great and wonderfull LEDBlinky Tool and great Support Documentary!

I have one simple question. Is there a way to get a current new colors.ini. Or is the only Version, they from 2007 how support "only" 1200 games?

THX&Cheers!

The colors.ini file was created by headkaze. As far as I know it has not been updated. You may want to check the controls.dat board – I know they are working to enhance the data and it may include button colors.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #627 on: January 10, 2012, 05:22:10 am »
The latest version is here. I believe someone added a few extra games but not many. Arzoo might include the latest one I'm not sure.

Anyway there is a program called ControlsDat that makes it easy to add color entries. You give it a path to your CP images and then go through every game. It has a color picker so you can click on the actual CP but it's probably easier to just use the color swatches.

Once done you can export to colors.ini.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:25:10 am by headkaze »

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2021, 03:50:10 pm
    • Random Projects
« Reply #628 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:42 pm »
some of my controls aren't lighting up correctly, so i turned on verbose debugging and here's what i found. 

i omitted a ton of lines of "unknown control type..."

For 1941, 5 of the 6 buttons light up instead of the suspected 2. 

Thanks in advance!

[02/27/2012 16:42:54] FEStart Event Completed.
[02/27/2012 16:43:02] Received Event - Queue:[1] Msg:[8].
[02/27/2012 16:43:02] Event: FEEmulatorSelected [MAME] []
[02/27/2012 16:43:02] Emulator: [MAME]
[02/27/2012 16:43:02] Controls.dat INI file Version=0.141.1, Time=2011-01-05 18:17:26, Generated by=SirPoonga
[02/27/2012 16:43:02] 1057 games loaded from controls.ini
[02/27/2012 16:43:02] MAME.xml v0.145 (FEB 23 2012)
[02/27/2012 16:43:02] Unknown Control Type in Mame.xml [2].
[02/27/2012 16:43:02] Unknown Control Type in Mame.xml [4].
[02/27/2012 16:43:12] 7592 games loaded from Mame.xml
[02/27/2012 16:43:12] 10018 clones loaded from Mame.xml
[02/27/2012 16:43:13] 1390 games loaded from Colors.ini
[02/27/2012 16:43:13] FEEmulaterSelected Event Completed.
[02/27/2012 16:44:10] Control List for 1941: |P1_BUTTON1|P1_BUTTON2|P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN|P1_JOYSTICK_UP|P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT|P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT|START1|COIN1|P2_BUTTON1|P2_BUTTON2|P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN|P2_JOYSTICK_UP|P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT|P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT|START2|COIN2|CONTROL_JOY8WAY
[02/27/2012 16:44:13] Loaded LWAX File for FE Active: [Pattern04.lwax]. Start Frame: 20
[02/27/2012 16:44:35] Received Event - Queue:[1] Msg:[3~1941].
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] Received Event - Queue:[2] Msg:[3~1941].
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] Event: FEGameStart
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] Using Default Mame Outputs: LED0=Start1~LED1=Start2
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] ROM/Game: [1941] Controls: [MAME-1941]
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] Control List for 1941: |P1_BUTTON1|P1_BUTTON2|P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN|P1_JOYSTICK_UP|P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT|P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT|START1|COIN1|P2_BUTTON1|P2_BUTTON2|P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN|P2_JOYSTICK_UP|P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT|P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT|START2|COIN2|CONTROL_JOY8WAY
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P1_BUTTON1 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_E
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P1_BUTTON2 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_R
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P1_JOYSTICK_DOWN (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_DOWN|JOYCODE_1_DOWN
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P1_JOYSTICK_UP (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_UP|JOYCODE_1_UP
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P1_JOYSTICK_LEFT (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_LEFT|JOYCODE_1_LEFT
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P1_JOYSTICK_RIGHT (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_RIGHT|JOYCODE_1_RIGHT
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] START1 (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_1|JOYCODE_1_START
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] COIN1 (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_5|JOYCODE_1_SELECT
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P2_BUTTON1 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_U
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P2_BUTTON2 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_I
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P2_JOYSTICK_DOWN (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_F|JOYCODE_2_DOWN
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P2_JOYSTICK_UP (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_R|JOYCODE_2_UP
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P2_JOYSTICK_LEFT (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_D|JOYCODE_2_LEFT
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] P2_JOYSTICK_RIGHT (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_G|JOYCODE_2_RIGHT
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] START2 (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_2|JOYCODE_2_START
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] COIN2 (MAME-DEFAULT): |KEYCODE_6|JOYCODE_2_SELECT
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] CONTROL_JOY8WAY (MAME-DEFAULT): JOY8WAY
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] Device 1; PBA:0,0,0,48,48,0,48,48,48,0,48,48,48,48,0,0,0,0,0,48,48,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] Device 1; SBA:216,61,24,0,0,0,0,0,3
[02/27/2012 16:44:36] Set UltraStik JDR Map [joy8way.um] for 1941.
Check out my current 3 machine build:
http://yaksplat.wordpress.com

Custom Control Panels: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=121245

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #629 on: February 27, 2012, 05:23:32 pm »
some of my controls aren't lighting up correctly, so i turned on verbose debugging and here's what i found. 

i omitted a ton of lines of "unknown control type..."

For 1941, 5 of the 6 buttons light up instead of the suspected 2. 

Thanks in advance!

Can you be more specific as to what is lighting up and what you think should be lighting up? Also, you'll need to post the contents of DevicePort-Input.ini (or email me the file) before I could tell you what's going on.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
    • Random Projects
« Reply #630 on: February 27, 2012, 05:51:17 pm »
should be lighting up: ports 4, 5
lighting up: ports 4,5,7,8,9,

[LEDWiz-Device1]
Port01=TRACKBALL,R,TRACKBALL
Port02=TRACKBALL,G,TRACKBALL
Port03=TRACKBALL,B,TRACKBALL
Port04=P1B1,S,KEYCODE_E
Port05=P1B2,S,KEYCODE_R
Port06=P1B3,S,KEYCODE_T
Port07=P1B4,S,KEYCODE_D
Port08=P1B5,S,KEYCODE_F
Port09=P1B6,S,KEYCODE_G
Port10=P1B7,S,KEYCODE_S
Port11=P1COIN,S,KEYCODE_5
Port12=P1START,S,KEYCODE_1
Port13=P2B1,S,KEYCODE_U
Port14=P2B2,S,KEYCODE_I
Port15=P2B3,S,KEYCODE_O
Port16=P2B4,S,KEYCODE_J
Port17=P2B5,S,KEYCODE_K
Port18=P2B6,S,KEYCODE_L
Port19=P2B7,S,KEYCODE_N
Port20=P2COIN,S,KEYCODE_6
Port21=P2START,S,KEYCODE_2
Port22=MOUSEB1,S,MOUSECODE_1_BUTTON1
Port23=MOUSEB2,S,MOUSECODE_1_BUTTON2
Port24=FAVORITES,S,KEYCODE_Z
Port25=PAUSE,S,KEYCODE_P
Port26=EXIT,S,KEYCODE_ESC
Port27=CONFIG,S,KEYCODE_TAB
Port28=ENTER,S,KEYCODE_ENTER
Port29=SPEAKERS,R,PADDLE
Port30=SPEAKERS,G,PADDLE
Port31=SPEAKERS,B,PADDLE
Port32=

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #631 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:18 pm »
should be lighting up: ports 4, 5
lighting up: ports 4,5,7,8,9,

By default, mame uses keycodes R, F, D, and G for P2 Joystick up/down/left/right. You have keycodes D, F, and G assigned to ports 7, 8, and 9 respectively - so they will light up whenever a game uses the P2 Joystick. To solve the problem, from mame's in-game config menu (tab), un-assign those keycodes from the P2 joystick for "All Games".
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
    • Random Projects
« Reply #632 on: February 28, 2012, 11:49:12 am »
That was exactly it.  I'm midbuild and i hadn't configured the player 2 controls yet.  Thanks!

Great job on the software!

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #633 on: February 28, 2012, 12:43:00 pm »
Hey Arzoo

I have a question for you. I've got my controllerremap utility working pretty good, except for one thing that I didn't realize when I first put it together.

The way I've set it up for defining the controls that will be remapped, causes LEDBlinky to not work quite right.

Basically, LED BLinky just can't see the remapping elements (which I wouldn't expect, unless you truly have Jedi mind powers ;D ).

So I've been doing some thinking about how I might rearrange how I'm reading the controller files for the remappable elements such that LED Blinky could still work with no changes, but the controls could still be automatically remapped as applicable when controller ids change out.

Hmmm. I guess I'm just posting to give you a heads up. I don't really have a good solution at the moment. If some inspiration strikes you, could you let me know. I'm +hoping+ that I can make some straightforward mods to the layout of the controller xml and ledblinky would just work with it, no mods required. I'm just not sure yet.

I am pretty sure LEDBlinky reads the active controller file if there is one (or does it, I haven't explicitly verified that yet?)

Anyway, not support, per se, just thinking out loud.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #634 on: February 28, 2012, 01:56:27 pm »
Hey Arzoo

I have a question for you. I've got my controllerremap utility working pretty good, except for one thing that I didn't realize when I first put it together.

The way I've set it up for defining the controls that will be remapped, causes LEDBlinky to not work quite right.

Basically, LED BLinky just can't see the remapping elements (which I wouldn't expect, unless you truly have Jedi mind powers ;D ).

So I've been doing some thinking about how I might rearrange how I'm reading the controller files for the remappable elements such that LED Blinky could still work with no changes, but the controls could still be automatically remapped as applicable when controller ids change out.

Hmmm. I guess I'm just posting to give you a heads up. I don't really have a good solution at the moment. If some inspiration strikes you, could you let me know. I'm +hoping+ that I can make some straightforward mods to the layout of the controller xml and ledblinky would just work with it, no mods required. I'm just not sure yet.

I am pretty sure LEDBlinky reads the active controller file if there is one (or does it, I haven't explicitly verified that yet?)

Anyway, not support, per se, just thinking out loud.

drventure,
Yes, blinky does read the controller file (assuming it has been specified by the user). The controller file is parsed and loaded into memory (along with all the other cfg files). This happens when blinky first starts up - so if your remap utility modifies the controller file on the fly (as controls are swapped), then blinky would have to be restarted to pick up the changes. Also, blinky prioritizes the rom specific cfg and default.cfg above the controller file – so controls specified in the cfg files would ignore the controller file.

pm or email me if you want to take this offline.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

brilliancenp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 05, 2012, 09:25:24 pm
    • Cocktail Connection
« Reply #635 on: March 16, 2012, 09:10:01 am »
Arzoo,

First off I would like to say that your software rocks!  I am a brand new member to this forum, as I have just completed my first build of a multi system cocktail arcade machine.  Anyway,  I have a question for you.  I have just finished building a piece of software that works with MAME .  Since I only have the allotment for two players to play on my system, as I am sure many people do, I want to be able to easily play as player 3, bart, on  the simpsons arcade, or to be able to play AGAINST my buddies in NBA JAM instead of on the same team.  The only problem I am having is that for my software to work, I have to run MAME from inside my program.  When LED Blinky sees it, it sees it as the name of my software and not MAME, there fore negating the wonderful automatic MAME capability of your software to know what to do without a separate config for each game.  Is there anyway to make your software see my program as MAME?
Creative minds breed the unknown.

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
    • Random Projects
« Reply #636 on: March 16, 2012, 10:37:23 am »
Why not just change the player 2 controls to player 3 controls in config for that one game in the Tab menu?

brilliancenp

• Offline Offline
    • Cocktail Connection
« Reply #637 on: March 16, 2012, 11:15:39 am »
That does work, but if you have people playing on it all the time, especially people who don't know what they are doing, this is a perfect answer.  I don't know about you but I really hate taking the time to remap buttons every time I want to play as a different player.  My program reads the controls.xml file and if the game has more than two players it dynamically brings up a menu, with the games marquee if it is on the system, and player art, if available, for both players to select the characters they want.  It then goes and rewrites the control map for you, much quicker and user friendly.  This may not be for everyone but when my kid wants to play as a different character, as she always does, I don't have to go set it up for her now.

yaksplat

• Offline Offline
    • Random Projects
« Reply #638 on: March 16, 2012, 11:19:56 am »
Oh, that sounds cool, you should post a thread about it on the software board.

brilliancenp

• Offline Offline
    • Cocktail Connection
« Reply #639 on: March 16, 2012, 11:37:58 am »
Thank you!  This is my first program and is testing very well!  I just want to get this hitch taken care of first, then I will post it and a link to a small website that I have ready to publish once it is complete.  Thanks  ;D