Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 553040 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v4.0
« Reply #480 on: May 25, 2010, 01:37:33 pm »
um ... that brings up a question, I'm building a swappable cp. My plan was to use 1 LED controler for both panels by just keeping everything (wire wise) the same location for each button. Will there be any problems if I tell LEDBlinky that my panel has (for example) P1 - Buttons 1-8, when one of the panels is only using 1-4?

Not sure if that makes sense ... just want to make sure NOT having an input active (since the panels are different) won't cause a problem.

No problem using fewer LEDs on some panels. Just make sure you use the same controller ports for the same buttons and it will work fine.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

kronic24601

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2014, 03:08:54 pm
  • Evil Arcade Monkey Strikes Again!
« Reply #481 on: May 25, 2010, 04:43:23 pm »
Cool... I have everything wired up into a DB37 so it should just be plug and play then (haven't gotten my LED controller yet to test it).

damiensfear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2016, 04:59:44 pm
« Reply #482 on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:12 pm »
Hi
Im having a bit of a problem and cant tell if its hardware or software related and wondered if you could help.
I just got 2 LEDWiz boards and 17 RGB buttons and one single led all running off LEDBlinky. im using Hyperspin FE on windows XP. The problem im having is when i power up my cab my lights either come on and run for 10 sec to a min or dont start at all.
I have tried to isolate the problem by dissconnecting 1 of the LEDWiz boards and seemingly Board 2 can run for a little longer than board 1.
Also when both boards run at the same time they seem to run out of sync, Is this normal?

The LedWiz boards are wired up with 10RGB leds on board 1 and 7RGB and 1 single on board 2.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Damien

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #483 on: May 25, 2010, 11:43:11 pm »
Hi
Im having a bit of a problem and cant tell if its hardware or software related and wondered if you could help.
I just got 2 LEDWiz boards and 17 RGB buttons and one single led all running off LEDBlinky. im using Hyperspin FE on windows XP. The problem im having is when i power up my cab my lights either come on and run for 10 sec to a min or dont start at all.
I have tried to isolate the problem by dissconnecting 1 of the LEDWiz boards and seemingly Board 2 can run for a little longer than board 1.
Also when both boards run at the same time they seem to run out of sync, Is this normal?

The LedWiz boards are wired up with 10RGB leds on board 1 and 7RGB and 1 single on board 2.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Damien

So when you boot your system, HS starts up (with LEDBlinky) and then after some time all the LEDs on both boards go out? After that happens, if you close and restart HS do the LEDs come back on for some time again or are they out until you reboot?

Also, what do you mean by the boards running out of sync?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

damiensfear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #484 on: May 26, 2010, 02:36:46 am »
Thanks for the quick reply  :)
no they stay out till a reboot after that.
and by out of sync i mean when using a generic pattern on both boards you can tell that they are running two seperate boards. If that makes any sence lol its really hard to explain! Fer example all the lights on board 1 will flash but the lights on board 2 wont
Thanks
Damien

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #485 on: May 26, 2010, 08:07:09 am »
Thanks for the quick reply  :)
no they stay out till a reboot after that.
and by out of sync i mean when using a generic pattern on both boards you can tell that they are running two seperate boards. If that makes any sence lol its really hard to explain! Fer example all the lights on board 1 will flash but the lights on board 2 wont
Thanks
Damien

I'm running 3 LEDWiz's (on an old XP box) and I've never had any syncing problem like you describe. This sounds like a hardware problem - which may require help from Randy at GGG.

Here's some more questions to help diagnose:

What happens if you unplug and then reconnect the controllers after they go out - do they start working again?

Do the LEDs go out when you're doing something specific - like running a game or pressing a button?

Are you supplying 5v to the boards or just using the USB connections?

After the LEDs go out, can you run the LEDBlinky Config app and try testing any animation - what happens?

After the LEDs go out, can you run the LED test software that came with the boards (from GGG) - does it work?

Also, if you turn on the Debug Log and Verbose options (on the Misc. tab), reboot your pc and let it run until the problem occurs, then email me the debug.zip file in the LEDBlinky folder - it might shed some light on the problem.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

damiensfear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #486 on: May 27, 2010, 02:44:57 pm »
What happens if you unplug and then reconnect the controllers after they go out - do they start working again?
No they stay off

Do the LEDs go out when you're doing something specific - like running a game or pressing a button?
No they seem to go off at different times sometimes its before the Hyperspin intro video finishes and sometimes they work for a few mins

Are you supplying 5v to the boards or just using the USB connections?
Currently im just using the usb connections

After the LEDs go out, can you run the LEDBlinky Config app and try testing any animation - what happens?
Sometimes yes but the leds dont work and other times i get an error saying that there are no led devices connected

After the LEDs go out, can you run the LED test software that came with the boards (from GGG) - does it work?
no i couldnt get this to work.

Also i have just noticed that my second board seems to carry on working.
I think it might be that board 1 isnt getting enough power. (Atleast thats what im hoping lol)
Could you possibly explain how to add more power? can i run a wire from my computers PSU? If so how does it need wireing?

Thanks for the help!
Damien

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #487 on: May 27, 2010, 03:09:11 pm »
Also i have just noticed that my second board seems to carry on working.
I think it might be that board 1 isnt getting enough power. (Atleast thats what im hoping lol)
Could you possibly explain how to add more power? can i run a wire from my computers PSU? If so how does it need wireing?

Thanks for the help!
Damien

Yes, you can use the 5v and GND lines from your PSU to power the LEDWiz. You should check the GGG site for info on how to do this or search this site - I recall other threads on the subject. But it's not clear that will solve your problem - I would contact Randy at GGG for support.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #488 on: May 28, 2010, 11:43:03 am »
Sometimes yes but the leds dont work and other times i get an error saying that there are no led devices connected

This seems to indicate overloading of the USB power, due to the number of USB devices and the loads on your LED-Wiz's.   The first step is to try moving one of  the LED-Wiz's to a different physical USB port, keeping in mind that a PC usually has only 2 physical ports with many connectors on each.  Each port can source a pre-determined amount of power, but that power is shared amongst the connectors, so make sure it's really on a different port.  If that works, then you are good to go.

Failing that, refer to the documentation for how to connect the LED-Wiz's to your PSU, which will remove the loads on the LED-Wiz's from the USB power.

Also, make sure that you don't have the LED-Wiz Control Panel running in the background.  The LED-Wiz will listen to any application which is set up to speak to it properly, even if they are all speaking at the same time.  Could cause some odd behavior if this is happening.

If none of this helps (I expect that it will) then drop me an email and we can go from there.  Thank you,  Arzoo, for helping him out.

RandyT

damiensfear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #489 on: June 06, 2010, 10:14:30 pm »
Hi guys
Thanks for all the advice. I couldnt get it working on my cab so i figured id give it a try on my jukebox pc as i thought it might be a problem with my pc hardware.
Turns out i was right lol. so i switched the pc's over, reinstalled all my software and now it runs like a fream :D
Once again thanks for all the help
Damien

toolmaker

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 18, 2012, 05:06:24 pm
« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2010, 01:20:59 pm »
Hello All,

I searched and read through all the threads trying to find a solution to my problem with no luck, so I apologize if this was addressed earlier.

System Specs...
Windows 7, MALA 1.05A, LED Blinky 4.0

Problem...
I have "Light Up MALA Controls" and "Speak MALA Controls" enabled but all the buttons do not light up or speak.

Here is my scenario...
MALA – Controls - Keyboard Settings. Note: I am only providing the settings for the buttons that have RGB LED’s attached.
Up by Letter ---------------------- Key = “ctrl” ---- Does not light ---- Does not speak.
Down by Letter ------------------- Key = “alt” ----- Does not light ---- Does not speak.
Start Game ----------------------- Key = “1” ------ Does Light -------- Does Speak.
Open Menu ----------------------- Key = “2” ------ Does Light -------- Does speak.
Menu Select ---------------------- Key = “1 ------- Does Light -------- Does speak.
Open Information Window --------- Key = “Z” ------ Does Light -------- Does Speak.
Toggle Information Window -------- Key = “Shift” --- Does not light ---- Does not speak.
Steady Key (Shift Key) ------------ Key = “X” ------ Does Light -------- Does Speak.

Am I missing something here? For the life of me I can’t figure out why those 3 controls wont light/speak :angry:

Thanks in advance.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #491 on: June 10, 2010, 01:36:17 pm »
Hello All,

I searched and read through all the threads trying to find a solution to my problem with no luck, so I apologize if this was addressed earlier.

System Specs...
Windows 7, MALA 1.05A, LED Blinky 4.0

Problem...
I have "Light Up MALA Controls" and "Speak MALA Controls" enabled but all the buttons do not light up or speak.

Here is my scenario...
MALA – Controls - Keyboard Settings. Note: I am only providing the settings for the buttons that have RGB LED’s attached.
Up by Letter ---------------------- Key = “ctrl” ---- Does not light ---- Does not speak.
Down by Letter ------------------- Key = “alt” ----- Does not light ---- Does not speak.
Start Game ----------------------- Key = “1” ------ Does Light -------- Does Speak.
Open Menu ----------------------- Key = “2” ------ Does Light -------- Does speak.
Menu Select ---------------------- Key = “1 ------- Does Light -------- Does speak.
Open Information Window --------- Key = “Z” ------ Does Light -------- Does Speak.
Toggle Information Window -------- Key = “Shift” --- Does not light ---- Does not speak.
Steady Key (Shift Key) ------------ Key = “X” ------ Does Light -------- Does Speak.

Am I missing something here? For the life of me I can’t figure out why those 3 controls wont light/speak :angry:

Thanks in advance.

My guess is you're using the left and/or right keycodes for the ALT, CTRL, and SHIFT buttons - MaLa does not differentiate between left and right for these keys. You'll need to add the non left/right keycodes to those ports. Here's more info:

http://www.dndw.com/ledblinky/Support.htm#MaLaShiftAltCtrl
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

toolmaker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #492 on: June 10, 2010, 03:00:11 pm »

My guess is you're using the left and/or right keycodes for the ALT, CTRL, and SHIFT buttons - MaLa does not differentiate between left and right for these keys. You'll need to add the non left/right keycodes to those ports. Here's more info:

http://www.dndw.com/ledblinky/Support.htm#MaLaShiftAltCtrl

Thanks for the quick response Arzoo!

I'll look into it, although when I start a game in MAME, all the lights light up correctly. It's only when I press the dfined key to announce and blink the MALA controls that those 3 buttons do not work.

I'll reply and provide my results once I check on it later on this evening.
Thanks again!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #493 on: June 10, 2010, 03:03:52 pm »
I'll look into it, although when I start a game in MAME, all the lights light up correctly. It's only when I press the dfined key to announce and blink the MALA controls that those 3 buttons do not work.

Yup - MAME uses the left and right special keys correctly - only MaLa has the problem.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

toolmaker

• Offline Offline
« Reply #494 on: June 10, 2010, 11:21:07 pm »

Yup - MAME uses the left and right special keys correctly - only MaLa has the problem.

You were right! I updated my profile to include "Control" instead of "LControl" and vise versa for the shift and alt butons and it solved the problem.
Appreciate your help!

Thanks Arzoo...

Miguelsluma

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2010, 10:20:02 am
« Reply #495 on: June 11, 2010, 09:45:27 am »
Hi Arzoo,

I have some trouble lighting the correct controls in the Hyperspin menu's. Perhaps you can help me out here...
I Have a couple of buttons (like the exit button) connected to a keyboard encoder, but I also use two U360's with attached buttons (so my computer see's them as joystick buttons instead of key-presses). The problem with this setup seems to be that i can only get the buttons connected to the keyboard encoder to light in Hyperspin. I have my Joystick button 1 selected as the 'game start' button selected in hyperspin, but those do not seem to light up, even though i selected the 'game start' button to light in the FE options of Ledblinky controls editor...

I tried to solve the problem by going in the hyperspin settings.ini and change the button to start a game (the keyboard imput, not the joystick imput, which is a different part of the settings.ini and is already correctly setup as joystick button 1) to joystick button 1, but that didn't have any effect.

Any suggestions?
thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #496 on: June 11, 2010, 09:17:18 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I have some trouble lighting the correct controls in the Hyperspin menu's. Perhaps you can help me out here...
I Have a couple of buttons (like the exit button) connected to a keyboard encoder, but I also use two U360's with attached buttons (so my computer see's them as joystick buttons instead of key-presses). The problem with this setup seems to be that i can only get the buttons connected to the keyboard encoder to light in Hyperspin. I have my Joystick button 1 selected as the 'game start' button selected in hyperspin, but those do not seem to light up, even though i selected the 'game start' button to light in the FE options of Ledblinky controls editor...

I tried to solve the problem by going in the hyperspin settings.ini and change the button to start a game (the keyboard imput, not the joystick imput, which is a different part of the settings.ini and is already correctly setup as joystick button 1) to joystick button 1, but that didn't have any effect.

Any suggestions?
thanks!

Turn on the Debug.log and Verbose options (Misc Options tab), run HS, then email me the \ledblinky\debug.zip file - that should help me see what the problem is.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

tyson171

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2022, 09:34:22 pm
« Reply #497 on: July 17, 2010, 05:03:10 pm »
Hello Arzoo!

First off I just want to thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this project!  LedBlinky is a fantastic piece of software!  I'm getting ready to purchase it as well to get rid of the nag screen in hyperspin of course and to show my thanks to you! (also once I purchase ledblinky, does it just get rid of the nag screen?)  Only having one problem so far, Basically i want my coin buttons to ramp up/ramp down during mame games, and always be on as well (except for when there is only 1 player coin availbe), and that is where i'm having problems.  I have to go into the custom editor and set both player 1 and player 2 coin button with the ramp settings to always on, to make the ramping effect work, but there lies to problem to when there is a 1 player game, coin 2 is always lit up?  Is there any work around for this with the most important factor being the ramp effect?  And one last question, I love the pulsing button effect for all buttons in one of your videos on your site, do you have a .lwax loop for something like this, or is it something fairly easy to accomplish through the editor? Thanks again for a wonderful program and expect my purchase very soon!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 05:04:46 pm by tyson171 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2010, 11:02:08 am »
Hello Arzoo!

First off I just want to thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this project!  LedBlinky is a fantastic piece of software!  I'm getting ready to purchase it as well to get rid of the nag screen in hyperspin of course and to show my thanks to you! (also once I purchase ledblinky, does it just get rid of the nag screen?)  Only having one problem so far, Basically i want my coin buttons to ramp up/ramp down during mame games, and always be on as well (except for when there is only 1 player coin availbe), and that is where i'm having problems.  I have to go into the custom editor and set both player 1 and player 2 coin button with the ramp settings to always on, to make the ramping effect work, but there lies to problem to when there is a 1 player game, coin 2 is always lit up?  Is there any work around for this with the most important factor being the ramp effect?  And one last question, I love the pulsing button effect for all buttons in one of your videos on your site, do you have a .lwax loop for something like this, or is it something fairly easy to accomplish through the editor? Thanks again for a wonderful program and expect my purchase very soon!

Yes - after you register the nag screen goes away and you'll also be able to create longer animations.

If you check the "Light Player Start and Coin Buttons" option (on the Game Options tab) that will light up the buttons correctly for each player. All we need to do is figure out how to get them to ramp. I'm sure this is possible but I'm on vacation for the week so I can't try anything until I get back home.

As for the pulsing effect - are you referring to the second video (Long Animation)? If so, that animation was created for my cp so it would not work the same for yours. But its very easy to do fades or color transitions using the animation editor. I can help out if you have any questions.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
« Reply #499 on: July 19, 2010, 01:46:46 am »
I just have a question.   I haven't gotten the chance to install the new version of LEDBlinky yet, still on an outdated one without the audio effects.   I have some jukebox software on my cab and also a bunch of emulators.   Is there a way in the software to switch LEDBlinky to use the audio detection flashing fancyness only when I launch the jukebox software, and then if I choose an emulator have it switch back to normal lighting up the controls type mode?   In other words, when I play a game, I don't want the buttons to flash with the sounds of the game. The only time I want the buttons to flash with the sounds is when I am using my jukebox.   Is that possible with the LEDBlinky software?

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #500 on: July 19, 2010, 09:38:53 am »
In other words, when I play a game, I don't want the buttons to flash with the sounds of the game. The only time I want the buttons to flash with the sounds is when I am using my jukebox.   Is that possible with the LEDBlinky software?

Thanks!

Yes - in fact that's how I have it working on my rig.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

markronz

• We traced the call, and it came from....INSIDE YOUR ARCADE MACHINE!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2019, 12:03:08 am
  • Game on!
« Reply #501 on: July 19, 2010, 09:54:32 am »
Great!  I will have to get this sometime soon then.

Thanks!

ironspider

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2018, 09:58:49 pm
LEDBlinky - Audio Problem Error BASS_ERROR_NOTAVAIL (37)
« Reply #502 on: July 21, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »
Hello,

I am using LEDBlinky but when I click on the Audio Animation tab in LEDBlinkyConfig the following error pops up:

Error Initializing Audio Functions
BASS_RecordSetInput failed. Error: BASS_ERROR_NOTAVAIL (37)

This has happened to me under both Win7 64bit and now XP sp3 32bit.

I am using a Dell Optiplex 960 which is using, according to the device manager, "SoundMAX Integrated Digital High Definition Audio".

The sound works fine when playing system sounds, music, videos, and MAME -- as well as LED blinky's Microsoft Sam speech.

What do I do?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Audio Problem Error BASS_ERROR_NOTAVAIL (37)
« Reply #503 on: July 21, 2010, 12:59:57 pm »
Hello,

I am using LEDBlinky but when I click on the Audio Animation tab in LEDBlinkyConfig the following error pops up:

Error Initializing Audio Functions
BASS_RecordSetInput failed. Error: BASS_ERROR_NOTAVAIL (37)

This has happened to me under both Win7 64bit and now XP sp3 32bit.

I am using a Dell Optiplex 960 which is using, according to the device manager, "SoundMAX Integrated Digital High Definition Audio".

The sound works fine when playing system sounds, music, videos, and MAME -- as well as LED blinky's Microsoft Sam speech.

What do I do?

Was the LEDBlinky audio working and then it stopped working or did the error occur from the initial LEDBlinky install? How are you switching between OS's?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

ironspider

• Offline Offline
« Reply #504 on: July 21, 2010, 01:06:12 pm »
No the LEDBlinky speech works no matter what.  This crash is only when I launch LEDBlinkyConfig.exe and then click on the "Audio Animation" tab.

These are 2 separate hard drives.  Both fresh installs of the 2 OS's -- no other apps on them (other than mame, hyperspin and LEDBlinky).

So if I were to launch hyperspin right now LEDBlinky would speak and do all that.  But if I quit and go into the LEDBlinkyConfig.exe and click on the Audio Animations tab the error pops up.  Note: this is not while mame or hyperspin is running.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #505 on: July 21, 2010, 02:03:07 pm »
No the LEDBlinky speech works no matter what.  This crash is only when I launch LEDBlinkyConfig.exe and then click on the "Audio Animation" tab.

These are 2 separate hard drives.  Both fresh installs of the 2 OS's -- no other apps on them (other than mame, hyperspin and LEDBlinky).

So if I were to launch hyperspin right now LEDBlinky would speak and do all that.  But if I quit and go into the LEDBlinkyConfig.exe and click on the Audio Animations tab the error pops up.  Note: this is not while mame or hyperspin is running.

Try this; in the /LEDBlinky folder, edit the settings.ini file using notepad. Locate the "AudioInput" value under the [AudioAnimation] section. Change the value from -1 to 0. So it should look like this:
AudioInput=0
Save and close the file. Then try the config app and you should be able to select correct audio device. Let me know if this solves the problem.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

ironspider

• Offline Offline
« Reply #506 on: July 21, 2010, 02:15:07 pm »
Two things:

1. Your suggestion did fix it.

2. This may be the coolest thing I've ever seen.

:applaud:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #507 on: July 21, 2010, 05:06:56 pm »
Two things:

1. Your suggestion did fix it.

2. This may be the coolest thing I've ever seen.

:applaud:

Thanks  :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

tyson171

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2022, 09:34:22 pm
« Reply #508 on: August 10, 2010, 09:06:52 pm »
Just purchased your software m8!  (like two seconds ago...lol)  Just my simple way to say thanks for all of the hard work you've poured into your product.....simply an amazing piece of software!  (and I can get that nag screen to go away!.....lol)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #509 on: August 10, 2010, 11:03:37 pm »
Just purchased your software m8!  (like two seconds ago...lol)  Just my simple way to say thanks for all of the hard work you've poured into your product.....simply an amazing piece of software!  (and I can get that nag screen to go away!.....lol)

Thanks!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deepblue

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2018, 07:39:28 pm
  • Billy vs. Steve
« Reply #510 on: October 15, 2010, 01:38:55 pm »
Arzoo - really quick couple of questions for you:

1) I'm using MA as my FE and am using a slight hack to run two versions of MAME. I've got MAME .95 running under the emulator "MAME", and through some fiddling around described here I am running MAME .134 under the emulator "RAINE". When I run MAME .95 LEDBlinky correctly lights the default controls for any game I launch (and previews them, a feature I am using). However, when I run the newer version of MAME under the "Raine" profile, LEDBlinky is lighting all P1 and P2 buttons, for any game I pick. Is there a way to get LEDBlinky to see two MAME instances in MA that you're aware of? Any tricks you can suggest outside of needing to setup ALL the games manually?

2) In MAME .95 I am getting funky behavior with the Trackball/Spinner/Joysticks. To be honest I'm unsure if this is related to LEDBlinky but I wanted to check. I have two U360's (set to run in Analog in UltraMap which I understand is the way I'm to do it). When I launch trackball or spinner games I'm getting interference from the U360's moving slightly out of center - essentially makes the controls dart all over and is generally unusable. Is there a way to tell LEDBlinky to set the joysticks to a 4-way profile or something along these lines for select games so this stops? Oddly enough, this issue isn't present in MAME .134...which I'm chalking up to a different way of handling analog or USB devices. Looking for any and all suggestions you might have.

Thanks arzoo.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #511 on: October 16, 2010, 09:12:07 am »
Arzoo - really quick couple of questions for you:

1) I'm using MA as my FE and am using a slight hack to run two versions of MAME. I've got MAME .95 running under the emulator "MAME", and through some fiddling around described here I am running MAME .134 under the emulator "RAINE". When I run MAME .95 LEDBlinky correctly lights the default controls for any game I launch (and previews them, a feature I am using). However, when I run the newer version of MAME under the "Raine" profile, LEDBlinky is lighting all P1 and P2 buttons, for any game I pick. Is there a way to get LEDBlinky to see two MAME instances in MA that you're aware of? Any tricks you can suggest outside of needing to setup ALL the games manually?
LEDBlinky looks for "mame" anywhere in the emulator name - so try renaming the Raine exe to something like "raine-mame". That should work.

2) In MAME .95 I am getting funky behavior with the Trackball/Spinner/Joysticks. To be honest I'm unsure if this is related to LEDBlinky but I wanted to check. I have two U360's (set to run in Analog in UltraMap which I understand is the way I'm to do it). When I launch trackball or spinner games I'm getting interference from the U360's moving slightly out of center - essentially makes the controls dart all over and is generally unusable. Is there a way to tell LEDBlinky to set the joysticks to a 4-way profile or something along these lines for select games so this stops? Oddly enough, this issue isn't present in MAME .134...which I'm chalking up to a different way of handling analog or USB devices. Looking for any and all suggestions you might have.

Thanks arzoo.

If you're using the LEDBlinky u360 digital restriction option (enabled on the Misc Options tab), then using the Controls Editor, import each mame game that's causing a problem, delete the existing primary control (on the Common Controls tab), and then re-add a new control with type JOY4WAY (don't forget to check the Primary Control box).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deepblue

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2018, 07:39:28 pm
  • Billy vs. Steve
« Reply #512 on: October 16, 2010, 11:01:51 am »
Thanks arzoo - I'll give #2 a shot.

For #1 - it is actually running mame.exe even though it is under the Raine emulator category in MA. Is there a command line option I could throw or anything else you can think of?

Thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #513 on: October 17, 2010, 09:20:31 pm »
Thanks arzoo - I'll give #2 a shot.

For #1 - it is actually running mame.exe even though it is under the Raine emulator category in MA. Is there a command line option I could throw or anything else you can think of?

Thanks.

Run the Controls Editor and select the Import Unknown Games menu option - do any of the Raine/Mame games show up? Let me know how they are listed. Basically, you need to figure out how to configure MA so that the name of the Raine/Mame emulator that MA passes to LEDBlinky includes "mame".

You could also turn on the Debug/Verbose options (on the Misc Options tab), run MA and launch a Raine/Mame game. Then email me the debug.zip file in the LEDBlinky folder - I'll take a look and see what's going on.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #514 on: October 20, 2010, 09:15:37 am »
Just registered the dl'd the latest version. Dang, you've done a lot of work on this thing since I last pulled it down! Nice stuff!

I realized something as I've been setting it up and didn't see any option, so I thought I'd just ask.

Is there any way to have LEDBlinky indicate "secondary" control keys differently from the primary keys.

For instance, in Mame, I can set P1-Button1 to Left-Control, and B (and maybe a few other keystrokes as well). BUT from the standpoint of illuminating the buttons on my control panel, I'd like to either

1) Only illuminate the primary (ie first listed) control
2) Illuminate all controls, but flash the primary controls (or the secondary controls, not sure).
3) Illuminate all controls but light the secondary controls in a different color (maybe just a dimmer color, maybe completely different)

The purpose being to reduce confusion when someone sits down to play. Only the primary controls for the game would light.

Granted, I +could+ just remove the secondary controls from Mames config, but sometimes, it's nice to have the secondary controls available, even though I might not want to light them on the panel

Does that make sense?

I couldn't find any other suggestions along this line, so if it's already been commented on, I apologize for the duplication.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #515 on: October 20, 2010, 09:41:12 am »
Just registered the dl'd the latest version. Dang, you've done a lot of work on this thing since I last pulled it down! Nice stuff!

I realized something as I've been setting it up and didn't see any option, so I thought I'd just ask.

Is there any way to have LEDBlinky indicate "secondary" control keys differently from the primary keys.

For instance, in Mame, I can set P1-Button1 to Left-Control, and B (and maybe a few other keystrokes as well). BUT from the standpoint of illuminating the buttons on my control panel, I'd like to either

1) Only illuminate the primary (ie first listed) control
2) Illuminate all controls, but flash the primary controls (or the secondary controls, not sure).
3) Illuminate all controls but light the secondary controls in a different color (maybe just a dimmer color, maybe completely different)

The purpose being to reduce confusion when someone sits down to play. Only the primary controls for the game would light.

Granted, I +could+ just remove the secondary controls from Mames config, but sometimes, it's nice to have the secondary controls available, even though I might not want to light them on the panel

Does that make sense?

I couldn't find any other suggestions along this line, so if it's already been commented on, I apologize for the duplication.

As it stands, blinky does not distinguish between multiple keycodes for a single control, and I believe you are the first to suggest this. My thinking here is that when most users configure more than one button for the same function, they don't think of them as primary and secondary. For example, on my cp, the single player classic games are configured with buttons for left and right handed players.

It's not a bad idea - I'm just concerned that it could add more complexity to an already complex and option heavy configuration.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #516 on: October 20, 2010, 10:48:06 pm »
It's not a bad idea - I'm just concerned that it could add more complexity to an already complex and option heavy configuration.

No arguments there. It's a complicated scenario, anyway you slice it. Well, like I said, I can just unmap those keys as it is. Maybe it's an idea for the "one of those days piles" at any rate.

BTW, I love the audio spectrum stuff you've added! I actually got a thumbs up from my wife over that one!

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #517 on: October 22, 2010, 11:09:00 pm »
Hey Arzoo

I have the REG file you sent me, put it in the LEDBlinky folder under mala\Plugins

But I'm still getting the TRIAL version wording on the splash page. Plus, i +thought+ I had it set right and spent about 2 hours configing all my buttons, but when I just now loaded the Animation editor back up, they've all reverted to what they were before.

I know the trial version says it has a 20 frame limit, but I didn't setup any frames, I was just laying out what led's were hooked up to what controls. <sigh>

Anyway, if it was still in trial mode, would it fail to save changes to the layout file like that?

And any ideas about why It would still be in trial mode when I've got that reg.dat file in the folder?

I searched on the boards here but didn't see any posts about a prob like this..

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #518 on: October 23, 2010, 09:26:15 am »
Hey Arzoo

I have the REG file you sent me, put it in the LEDBlinky folder under mala\Plugins

But I'm still getting the TRIAL version wording on the splash page. Plus, i +thought+ I had it set right and spent about 2 hours configing all my buttons, but when I just now loaded the Animation editor back up, they've all reverted to what they were before.

I know the trial version says it has a 20 frame limit, but I didn't setup any frames, I was just laying out what led's were hooked up to what controls. <sigh>

Anyway, if it was still in trial mode, would it fail to save changes to the layout file like that?

And any ideas about why It would still be in trial mode when I've got that reg.dat file in the folder?

I searched on the boards here but didn't see any posts about a prob like this..

Thanks!

The reg.dat file needs to go in the LEDBlinky folder (which should be in the mala plugins folder).

...\Plugins
  ...\Plugins\LEDBlinky
  reg.dat

As for the animation editor - did you save the layout? Look for a file with the .lay extension. The trial mode only restricts the max size of the animation - no other limitation.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

drventure

• Offline Offline
« Reply #519 on: October 23, 2010, 09:51:10 am »
Cool. Found the problem with my missing configuration

The LAY file i was using was pointed to an old version of the InputMapFile (from before I registered it and moved it to the Mala PLUGINS folder).

So it was never noticing my changes to the inputmap and wasn't updating the layout accordingly.

However, the animation editor still says trial version when I load it, even though the reg.dat file is in the LEDBLINKY folder.