Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 553215 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v3.8.1
« Reply #440 on: March 09, 2010, 08:35:28 am »
Im having some issues with the controls editor. Im not getting the emulator name with the unknown import. Its giving me the second word in the file name as the emulator. example, "(U) | GAME" or "MARIO | SUPER".  :banghead:
couldnt find anything in any of the pdfs or google. any help please?

What FE are you using?

Maximus Arcade

Hmmm, I'm guessing that when MA passes the emulator and game/rom name to LEDBlinky, it's not using quotes around the parameters, so any name with a space is a problem. I'll run some tests tonight and see if I can reproduce the problem. If that is the issue, then the fix will have to be handled with an update to MA. But first let me see what's going on.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

scept1c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2011, 11:21:14 am
« Reply #441 on: March 23, 2010, 09:31:22 am »
thanks for the new download link, that worked, eventually.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #442 on: March 23, 2010, 09:38:15 am »
thanks for the new download link, that worked, eventually.

?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #443 on: March 24, 2010, 03:29:47 pm »
?

This was the same issue I had...there are some old links floating around to previous versions that are dead links.  Using this thread has resolved that as your links are active.
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

deepblue

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2018, 07:39:28 pm
  • Billy vs. Steve
« Reply #444 on: April 13, 2010, 10:54:41 am »
arzoo - first of all, you are the MAN for building this app. Very, very impressive. I had a couple of questions for you to get it working perfectly for me. I'm runnning XP and Maximus Arcade (2.10 final) and the lastest LED Blinky.

1) I like using the "Light Game Controls" feature in conjunction with MAME. I was curious if there was a way to reduce/control the intensity of the LEDs that light up for the particular game. As it stands now, when I launch DK for example, P1 B1 lights, as do the P1 Start, Coin, etc. buttons (as configured and expected). The intensity is full and when I stand over it I feel like my retinas are going to burn out from how bright it is (I'm using Novagems). Is there a way to reduce the intensity or manipulate the animation profile for the "game control" profile that I'm not seeing?

2) Along the same lines as 1), I would like to light up a couple of auxilliary buttons at all times when the game controls are also lit. What I mean is, if I'm playing DK and LED Blinky is lighting up P1 B1, P1 Start and COIN, I'd also by default like it to light up my PAUSE, ENTER and EXIT buttons. Essentially, I'd like COIN, PAUSE, ENTER and EXIT to always be lit while playing games, and have the controls lit independently of that.

3) Not sure why, but I have an issue with 4 player games that is sort of odd. I've tested a range of 1 player and 2 player games, and the game controls light up perfectly (which is really awesome by the way). This said - when I run 3 or 4 player games, everything works (4 player controls are all lit up as expected) EXCEPT it ALWAYS lights up Player 2 Button 5 and 6, regardless of whether or not they should be used. For example, X-men 4-player, where you would expect to see Players 1-4, Buttons 1-3 lit for all, has Player 2's buttons 5 and 6 lit (everything else is fine). I tried 4 player Gauntlet, the same issue occurs, and Xenophobe (3 player) and again, P2 B5 and P2 B6 are incorrectly lit. I've checked the control profile using your utility, and the Player 2 data is 100% correct from what I can see. I'd appreciate any assistance or insight you can provide here - I'm obviously happy to provide logs if that will help.

Thanks again for a stellar app - love it.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #445 on: April 13, 2010, 02:39:11 pm »
1) I like using the "Light Game Controls" feature in conjunction with MAME. I was curious if there was a way to reduce/control the intensity of the LEDs that light up for the particular game. As it stands now, when I launch DK for example, P1 B1 lights, as do the P1 Start, Coin, etc. buttons (as configured and expected). The intensity is full and when I stand over it I feel like my retinas are going to burn out from how bright it is (I'm using Novagems). Is there a way to reduce the intensity or manipulate the animation profile for the "game control" profile that I'm not seeing?

Depends - if you're using a PacDrive then there's no way to adjust the LED intensity via the software (you'll have to add resistors on the hardware side). But if you're using a LEDWiz then you can use the LEDBlinky Controls Editor;
I'm assuming your Novagems are a single color (not clear with RGBs).
1) Make sure the "colors.ini" file is NOT specified on the MAME tab in config app.
2) From the Controls Editor, select MAME from the left list, then double-click <default> on the right list. If you don't have a <default> control group then you'll need to add it first.
3) From the <default> control group on the "Common" controls tab, double-click the "Default-Active" control.
4) Set the "Single LED" value to an intensity lower then 49 (max).

2) Along the same lines as 1), I would like to light up a couple of auxilliary buttons at all times when the game controls are also lit. What I mean is, if I'm playing DK and LED Blinky is lighting up P1 B1, P1 Start and COIN, I'd also by default like it to light up my PAUSE, ENTER and EXIT buttons. Essentially, I'd like COIN, PAUSE, ENTER and EXIT to always be lit while playing games, and have the controls lit independently of that.

Like above, use the Controls Editor and bring up the MAME <default> control group. On the Common controls tab, you'll need to add your coin, pause, etc. controls.
1) Click "New".
2) From the control list, scroll down and find the "UI_" controls - these are the ones MAME uses for navigation. For example; Pause = UI_PAUSE, Exit = UI_CANCEL, Tab Menu = UI_Select.
3) Set the "Single LED" intensity.
4) Check "Always Active".

3) Not sure why, but I have an issue with 4 player games that is sort of odd. I've tested a range of 1 player and 2 player games, and the game controls light up perfectly (which is really awesome by the way). This said - when I run 3 or 4 player games, everything works (4 player controls are all lit up as expected) EXCEPT it ALWAYS lights up Player 2 Button 5 and 6, regardless of whether or not they should be used. For example, X-men 4-player, where you would expect to see Players 1-4, Buttons 1-3 lit for all, has Player 2's buttons 5 and 6 lit (everything else is fine). I tried 4 player Gauntlet, the same issue occurs, and Xenophobe (3 player) and again, P2 B5 and P2 B6 are incorrectly lit. I've checked the control profile using your utility, and the Player 2 data is 100% correct from what I can see. I'd appreciate any assistance or insight you can provide here - I'm obviously happy to provide logs if that will help.

I'll need the log for this issue - turn on the verbose option and run X-men, then email me the debug.zip file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deepblue

• Offline Offline
  • Billy vs. Steve
« Reply #446 on: April 13, 2010, 05:38:45 pm »
Hi Arzoo - thanks (Re: 1 & 2) - I knew there had to be a way to do it. I'm using an LED-Wiz for the record. I'll give your suggestions a try.

For #3, here's the debug package:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62627/Debug.zip

(as an aside from someone in the software business - this is a brilliant way to do logging...I'm surprised to see this level of sophistication in a free utility made for the community)

Let me know if you see anything in there.

Thanks again.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #447 on: April 14, 2010, 09:18:28 am »

It looks like you have P2B5 and P2B6 mapped to "I" and "K" for LEDBlinky, but mame has those keycodes mapped to the P3 joystick up and down. My guess is you have the wrong keycodes mapped to P2B5 and P2B6 - either that or your keyboard encoder is using the same keys for the buttons and joystick. Hope this makes sense.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

deepblue

• Offline Offline
  • Billy vs. Steve
« Reply #448 on: April 14, 2010, 05:34:55 pm »
Thanks Arzoo - could you point out where you're seeing that in the debug log? I've checked my cfg/default.cfg and it seems correct. Is there another place in the MAME config I should look at?

deepblue

• Offline Offline
  • Billy vs. Steve
« Reply #449 on: April 14, 2010, 07:36:57 pm »
Disregard - I found where the issue is. I think I should be able to sort it out now.

Thanks for the help!

sunsurfer90

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2010, 12:55:26 pm
« Reply #450 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:25 pm »
I would just like to say thank you thank you thank you.  :notworthy: This program is exactly what I wanted, even if I only use Audio Animation. No offense to RandyT, but his Luminaudio was not quite making the cut, and this made me giddy when I ran it. Stayed up late into the night trying out the different combinations for the lights with my music.
Keep up the good work, as this has made my day, week and probably month.
Thanks again

sunsurfer90

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2010, 12:55:26 pm
« Reply #451 on: April 15, 2010, 07:19:40 pm »
Just wondering if there was a way to save individual audio animation profiles? ie. Load a profile if techno is playing, or a different profile if slow music is on? I don't want to have to change everything depending on which song comes on...
Thanks

dna disturber

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2014, 01:01:22 pm
  • Michael J. was my 1st experiment,cut me some slack
    • Cabinet "Monster Arcade" & Bartop "Futurama"
« Reply #452 on: April 16, 2010, 06:41:14 am »
After upgrading my cab to hyperspin 1.0 I went to download the new version of Ledblinky.
It made me realize that Arzoo has been a very busy boy with this little app. for quite some time now

I saw the development of ledblinky right after powermame and I must say it keeps on getting better and better.
Support is unbelievable....Arzoo always lends a helping hand..    :applaud:
And with the fact that I'm having so much fun with it.......I thought that a donation would be the right thing to do.....

Thanks again Arzoo for the fantastic work you're doing for the arcade-community   :notworthy:

Dna Disturber  :cheers:
Author of PINemHi..
Decipher-dude for the HiToText project..

HiToText 2010.11.4  Vs.  Mame 0.140  ::)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Percentage of original games in HiToText :  8.09 %
Percentage of original + clone games in HiToText : 10.57 %

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #453 on: April 16, 2010, 08:36:31 am »
Just wondering if there was a way to save individual audio animation profiles? ie. Load a profile if techno is playing, or a different profile if slow music is on? I don't want to have to change everything depending on which song comes on...
Thanks

Sorry but no.

All the config values are stored in the settings.ini file so I guess you could keep multiple copies - but you'd have to manually swap the file and then restart blinky each time you want to change the setup. Maybe you could use a batch or vbscript file to rename the settings.ini for the profile change.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

dna disturber

• Offline Offline
« Reply #454 on: April 26, 2010, 02:40:02 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I'm having a little problem with audio animation.
Starting hyperspin and then going through the list of games the audio animation works well.
When I start a game (light game controls on) and then exit the game , the audio animation doesn't kick in and the game controls stay lit in hyperspin.
In the log it says "unknown animation file extension" and after that unable to load.

Could you help me out with this issue...  :notworthy:

TIA,

Dna Disturber  :applaud:
Author of PINemHi..

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #455 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29:38 am »
I'm having a little problem with audio animation.
Starting hyperspin and then going through the list of games the audio animation works well.
When I start a game (light game controls on) and then exit the game , the audio animation doesn't kick in and the game controls stay lit in hyperspin.
In the log it says "unknown animation file extension" and after that unable to load.

What version of HyperSpin are you running?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

dna disturber

• Offline Offline
« Reply #456 on: April 27, 2010, 03:02:27 pm »
What version of HyperSpin are you running?

I'm using hyperspin 1.1
Author of PINemHi..

kronic24601

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2014, 03:08:54 pm
  • Evil Arcade Monkey Strikes Again!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v4.0
« Reply #457 on: May 10, 2010, 03:36:37 pm »
@ ARzoo

Just curious, once we pay for the full (non trail) version, does that include free upgrades to later versions of LEDBlinky?

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #458 on: May 10, 2010, 03:39:23 pm »
@ ARzoo

Just curious, once we pay for the full (non trail) version, does that include free upgrades to later versions of LEDBlinky?

Thanks!

Absolutely!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

kronic24601

• Offline Offline
« Reply #459 on: May 10, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »
Sweet. Buying right now then ...

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
« Reply #460 on: May 10, 2010, 10:35:04 pm »
hey arzoo,

after taking a few months off, i think i'm back to try and finish my cab, primary thing i need to finish, my lit controls.

i have just about every console along with mame set up.  i'm using a stand alone neo geo/capcom emu called winkawaks.  since this emu uses the same roms as mame, is there anyway to add winkawaks and have it read the controls.ini/xml files of mame?

hope that makes sense and thanks for all the hard work!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #461 on: May 10, 2010, 10:58:32 pm »
i have just about every console along with mame set up.  i'm using a stand alone neo geo/capcom emu called winkawaks.  since this emu uses the same roms as mame, is there anyway to add winkawaks and have it read the controls.ini/xml files of mame?

hope that makes sense and thanks for all the hard work!

If you change the executable name for winkawaks to something that includes mame - like winkawaks_mame.exe, that might do the trick. Also, you won't be able to use any of the mame output features. Let me know how it goes.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
    • my baby
« Reply #462 on: May 10, 2010, 11:38:16 pm »
gave it a shot arzoo... changed the emu name to winkawaks_mame.  added winkawaks_mame to LEDblinky controlseditor.  made sure my FE line was correct.  emu starts but buttons are dark :(

damn shame, have most others up and running.  i guess i can light the standard neo geo buttons for kawaks but the darn thing also plays capcom games and all of those have different button configs.

any chance this could maybe be addressed in a future version?  i'm thinking the easiest way would be in the blinky controls editor, after adding an emu in the left window, maybe add another button for the rom window where we could point to xml/ini's for a specific emu?

just my two cents :)

thanks again, tony

p.s. what is the current version of blinky?  i'm running 3.7.3

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #463 on: May 11, 2010, 08:43:01 am »
gave it a shot arzoo... changed the emu name to winkawaks_mame.  added winkawaks_mame to LEDblinky controlseditor.  made sure my FE line was correct.  emu starts but buttons are dark :(

damn shame, have most others up and running.  i guess i can light the standard neo geo buttons for kawaks but the darn thing also plays capcom games and all of those have different button configs.

any chance this could maybe be addressed in a future version?  i'm thinking the easiest way would be in the blinky controls editor, after adding an emu in the left window, maybe add another button for the rom window where we could point to xml/ini's for a specific emu?

just my two cents :)

thanks again, tony

p.s. what is the current version of blinky?  i'm running 3.7.3

Try deleting winkawaks_mame from the controls editor - that way blinky should use the mame controls. If it still doesn't work - turn on the debug/verbose options and email me the debug.zip file. I'm sure we can get this to work.

Latest version is 4.0 - you might want to read up on it here.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
    • my baby
« Reply #464 on: May 11, 2010, 01:58:04 pm »
that did her, thanks arzoo.  i also did the same for the model 2 emu, all is good now!

what a heated exchange about your new shareware model.  fyi, i'll gladly update and pay the $20, very reasonable fee :)

keep up the great work buddy!

milkit

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 28, 2014, 09:14:33 pm
« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2010, 10:33:43 am »
im getting the controls.bat error too

could it possibly be caused by having a file path to LED blinky that has a space in it? mine is on the desktop and has a space in it file path

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2010, 10:38:14 am »

could it possibly be caused by having a file path to LED blinky that has a space in it? mine is on the desktop and has a space in it file path

Not sure what you're asking here? Need more info.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

milkit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2010, 10:49:38 am »

sorry i mean im getting the launch.bat error not controls.bat. Im not at home right now to get the exact error but its the same one from page 9

"File Write Error: File not open
The file "D:\Maximus Arcade\LEDBlinky380\LEDBlinky\Launch.bat" could not be written.  Verify that the folder structure of the file location exists."

just a different file location on mine. i noticed that person has a space in the path also though. mine has a space bc im on windows 7 and the path includes /documents and settings/ or whatever it is.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2010, 11:01:23 am »

sorry i mean im getting the launch.bat error not controls.bat. Im not at home right now to get the exact error but its the same one from page 9

"File Write Error: File not open
The file "D:\Maximus Arcade\LEDBlinky380\LEDBlinky\Launch.bat" could not be written.  Verify that the folder structure of the file location exists."

just a different file location on mine. i noticed that person has a space in the path also though. mine has a space bc im on windows 7 and the path includes /documents and settings/ or whatever it is.

This problem is very annoying and there's nothing I can do about it - MA is generating the error (LEDBlinky does not use any launch.bat file). I've sent multiple emails to the MA dev but received no response. Has anyone posted this problem on the MA forum?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

milkit

• Offline Offline
« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2010, 11:16:22 am »
my last build didnt have a space and didnt have this error. i may have had other settings different but either way..

this one has a space and has the error, so does the page 9 person... i guess ill test it when i can

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2010, 01:34:19 pm »
my last build didnt have a space and didnt have this error. i may have had other settings different but either way..

this one has a space and has the error, so does the page 9 person... i guess ill test it when i can

I did a quick check of my MA test setup which has spaces in the path - but I've never received the error. As I understand, the error only occurs intermittently so even though I've never seen it during testing, it's not conclusive.

I also checked for the launch.bat file in the LEDBlinky folder and sure enough - there is was. The file contains a single LEDBlinky command. So my theory is that MA creates and uses this file to send the commands to blinky - updating the file between each command. And I guess occasionally the file is still locked (from the prior update) and that's what causes the error. To be honest, this does not seem like an optimal way to control blinky, but that's the way it seems MA was coded to do it.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

polomame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2012, 12:00:17 pm
« Reply #471 on: May 24, 2010, 06:54:54 am »
Hello

I am not the right place to post but hey, I'm starting. :dunno

Here I bought the latest LED Blinky for my Ultimarc UH-ID card (with FW 1.25), normally this card works with LEd Blinky. But at home I have a big bug.

In fact this bug only happens if I use LED Blinky or its configuration tools, I made tests with Led Test.exe of Ultimarc and I is not a problem.

Symptoms:

Here I have tested on six LEDs (three buttons per player)

1 / In U-config I program map

2 / I tested with notepad, all the button works, it's good.

3/ I teste the LED with "LEd teste.exe of Ultimarc", and it works very well.

4 / start I "Blinky LED Input Map"

After a few minutes of use everything block (or part), LED / Switch the block.

If I return to the note pad, the buttons "up" and "down" no longer works, sometimes I have no key, or there is a blockage of a button. Sometimes the LED remains on and fixed, the switch no longer respond.

Clearly, I have this problem at launch LED Blinky. :(

Thank you for your Help  ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 07:59:09 am by polomame »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #472 on: May 24, 2010, 09:13:52 am »
Hello

I am not the right place to post but hey, I'm starting. :dunno

Here I bought the latest LED Blinky for my Ultimarc UH-ID card (with FW 1.25), normally this card works with LEd Blinky. But at home I have a big bug.

In fact this bug only happens if I use LED Blinky or its configuration tools, I made tests with Led Test.exe of Ultimarc and I is not a problem.

Symptoms:

Here I have tested on six LEDs (three buttons per player)

1 / In U-config I program map

2 / I tested with notepad, all the button works, it's good.

3/ I teste the LED with "LEd teste.exe of Ultimarc", and it works very well.

4 / start I "Blinky LED Input Map"

After a few minutes of use everything block (or part), LED / Switch the block.

If I return to the note pad, the buttons "up" and "down" no longer works, sometimes I have no key, or there is a blockage of a button. Sometimes the LED remains on and fixed, the switch no longer respond.

Clearly, I have this problem at launch LED Blinky. :(

Thank you for your Help  ;D

Sorry - I'm not really sure I understand the problem.
You're using the UHID with 6 LEDs and when you start the Generate Input Map application it does not respond for a few minutes? And your PC locks up?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

polomame

• Offline Offline
« Reply #473 on: May 24, 2010, 10:20:44 am »
No, the PC does not crash, it is the key (boutons.. Up, down, left ...) which are locked. the keyboard still works.

Just as I start LED Blinky or "Blinky LED Input Map.exe", as I turn on the LEDs, then I leave "Blinky LED Input Map", then my panel does not respond.

and sometimes a button can remain blocked (like leaving the finger on the keyboard.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:25:42 am by polomame »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2010, 10:37:51 am »
No, the PC does not crash, it is the key (boutons.. Up, down, left ...) which are locked. the keyboard still works.

Just as I start LED Blinky or "Blinky LED Input Map.exe", as I turn on the LEDs, then I leave "Blinky LED Input Map", then my panel does not respond.

and sometimes a button can remain blocked (like leaving the finger on the keyboard.)

Are you using the UHID just for the LEDs?

Please turn on the Debug Log and Verbose options (on the LEDBlinky Config app - Misc tab), run your FE, then email me the debug.zip file in the LEDBlinky folder.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

polomame

• Offline Offline
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2010, 10:59:02 am »
No I use for my various buttons (3 buttons per player + left, down, Coins 1 and 2, Start & and 2 .. Pause, Exit etc. ..)

I just sent you an email with my debug.zip.  :)

polomame

• Offline Offline
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2010, 03:42:41 pm »
I limited the number of LED to 6, is it works without problem.  :applaud:

Thk's

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2010, 07:25:45 pm »
Hey Arzoo I got an idea for a cool new LEDBlinky feature - very easy to add too. With the latest PacDrive.dll I added a new function for U-HID devices which allows you to program it on-the-fly.

The new function looks like this

Code: [Select]
bool PacProgramUHid(int id, PCHAR sFilePath)
- Programs a U-HID device using a .raw file exported from U-Config
- Returns 1 for success and 0 for failure

Basically you program the U-HID in U-Config then export the data using the new .raw format. Then you simply pass in the fileName of the .raw file to PacProgramUHid and it will program it. I think this would be a cool feature for people who use U-HID with changable panels.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #478 on: May 25, 2010, 08:20:35 am »
That would definitely be a cool feature to add but I'm not sure how blinky would know when the panels were switched - I guess it could be a hot key.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

kronic24601

• Offline Offline
« Reply #479 on: May 25, 2010, 12:58:24 pm »
um ... that brings up a question, I'm building a swappable cp. My plan was to use 1 LED controler for both panels by just keeping everything (wire wise) the same location for each button. Will there be any problems if I tell LEDBlinky that my panel has (for example) P1 - Buttons 1-8, when one of the panels is only using 1-4?

Not sure if that makes sense ... just want to make sure NOT having an input active (since the panels are different) won't cause a problem.