Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 553076 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v3.8.1
« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2010, 11:52:03 am »
One question, how FE random animation is intended to work? Is it supposed to cycle thru lwax every so often? Or is it picking a different one on every start? Mine appears to pick different animation at first start, but when coming back from an emulator the same animation is picked every time. Reading your manual I don't think this is how it is supposed to work, I might be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help.

If you're using "ledblinky.exe random.lwax", then blinky should choose a random animation (from the lwa folder) each time mamewah executes the pre_emulator_app_commandlines command. I did a quick test using the command line options and it worked as expected. If you turn on the Debug and Verbose options, then look at the debug.log file, you should find messages that indicate which random animation file is loaded each time - like this:

Event: FEStartAnimation [RANDOM.LWAX].
Loaded LWAX File: [AudioFirstFrameTest.lwax].
Event: FEStartAnimation [RANDOM.LWAX].
Loaded LWAX File: [dissolveinout.lwax].

If it's not working for you, email me the debug.zip and I'll take a look at your config.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

reko19

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2024, 12:43:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2010, 12:52:58 pm »
One more question as I am digging into this. Would it be possible to use Ledblinky Control Editor with Mamewah? Does Mamewah pass emulator mane to ledbllinky and how do I find out what it is?

Thank you for the software and support you are providing.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2010, 01:13:58 pm »
One more question as I am digging into this. Would it be possible to use Ledblinky Control Editor with Mamewah? Does Mamewah pass emulator mane to ledbllinky and how do I find out what it is?

Thank you for the software and support you are providing.

You can definitely use the controls editor with mamewah for other emulators - just pass the emulator name after the rom name. Here's an example for n64:

pre_emulator_app_commandlines c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe "[name]" n64{nowait}

Notice that I put double quotes around the rom [name] - that's because other emulators may use spaces in the game/rom name.

Then in the controls editor set up an emulator called "n64".
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #403 on: January 27, 2010, 03:52:28 pm »
I guess emulator name is obtained from the ini file in the config folder. So if I have mamewah\config\n64\n64.ini directory structure, I should use n64 as an emulator name. I'll play around with it tonight. Getting very close to getting it to work 100%.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #404 on: January 27, 2010, 04:00:48 pm »
I guess emulator name is obtained from the ini file in the config folder. So if I have mamewah\config\n64\n64.ini directory structure, I should use n64 as an emulator name. I'll play around with it tonight. Getting very close to getting it to work 100%.

If you're hard-coding the emulator name in the ini file, then it doesn't really matter what you use as long as it matches in the controls editor. In other words, as long as you pass a unique emulator name for each emu and use the same name for the control groups, then it should work.

I wonder if mamewah has a merge tag for the emulator name (like [emulator]). If it did then you could pass that as the parameter rather than hard-code the values. I checked the wiki but didn't see a tag for emulator name.

Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2010, 10:19:32 pm »
I might be out of luck. Take a look at the log below. This is one game from mame load followed by n64 game load. Looks like emulator name is missing all together, just an empty [-]. Also looks like it keeps loading the same lwax file on FE start for whatever reason. What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:26:09 am by reko19 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #406 on: January 28, 2010, 08:20:13 am »
I might be out of luck. Take a look at the log below. This is one game from mame load followed by n64 game load. Looks like emulator name is missing all together, just an empty [-]. Also looks like it keeps loading the same lwax file on FE start for whatever reason. What do you think?

Email me the debug.zip file and also your mamewah ini file for n64.

Also - could you do me a favor and edit your last post and put code tags around the log info - it will help keep the page width correct, Thanks!
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #407 on: January 28, 2010, 08:26:28 am »
email sent, thank you for your help

bbarz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2010, 09:33:55 pm
« Reply #408 on: February 09, 2010, 08:55:00 pm »
Hey arzoo, first off thanks for a great app. It's amazing the effort you programmers put into improving the community.

I'm using LEDBlinky with 2 LedWiz, RGB-LEDs and Hyperspin and everything works, but I'm unable to configure it the way I want. Basically, I'd like all of the buttons to light up when I launch Hyperspin and stay lit until I select a game, then flash/speak the controls and remain lit while the game is played. Also I'd like all the P1 buttons to be one color and the P2 Buttons another.

So far I have only been able to define a button color for those that have a function in Hyperspin. All the others just use the default color when playing a game, and don't light at all when in the FE. I don't care about identify the functions in Hyperspin since I will eventually have labels for them. Hopefully I explained what I'm trying to do sufficiently and there is a simple solution that I haven't figured out.

200X

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2010, 05:38:39 am
« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2010, 02:59:40 am »
Hey arzoo.

Have you yet heard anything from the MA crew regarding the launch.bat problem?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:11 am »
Hey arzoo.

Have you yet heard anything from the MA crew regarding the launch.bat problem?

Never heard back - and I sent multiple emails  ::)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #411 on: February 10, 2010, 11:02:59 pm »
I figured out a way to accomplish what I was trying to do. Not sure it's the best way but it seems to work so far. I ended up defining all of my buttons in Hyperspin's settings.ini and then added them in the LEDBlinky controls XML and set the color there. The key was the naming convention in the XML. For example, I defined B1 under Player 1 controls in settings.ini and the corresponding control in the XML file had to be named P1_B1. Hope this helps someone else, but if there is a better way please let me know.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #412 on: February 11, 2010, 08:27:43 am »
Hey arzoo, first off thanks for a great app. It's amazing the effort you programmers put into improving the community.

I'm using LEDBlinky with 2 LedWiz, RGB-LEDs and Hyperspin and everything works, but I'm unable to configure it the way I want. Basically, I'd like all of the buttons to light up when I launch Hyperspin and stay lit until I select a game, then flash/speak the controls and remain lit while the game is played. Also I'd like all the P1 buttons to be one color and the P2 Buttons another.

So far I have only been able to define a button color for those that have a function in Hyperspin. All the others just use the default color when playing a game, and don't light at all when in the FE. I don't care about identify the functions in Hyperspin since I will eventually have labels for them. Hopefully I explained what I'm trying to do sufficiently and there is a simple solution that I haven't figured out.

I figured out a way to accomplish what I was trying to do. Not sure it's the best way but it seems to work so far. I ended up defining all of my buttons in Hyperspin's settings.ini and then added them in the LEDBlinky controls XML and set the color there. The key was the naming convention in the XML. For example, I defined B1 under Player 1 controls in settings.ini and the corresponding control in the XML file had to be named P1_B1. Hope this helps someone else, but if there is a better way please let me know.

You know, that's pretty much how I have my panel set up - all the buttons lit when the FE is active (different colors for each player). I think the easier way to do it (how I did it) is to create a single frame animation for when the FE is active. Actually, I created an animation that switches the colors for each player every couple of minutes.  :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #413 on: February 11, 2010, 10:57:24 am »
You know, that's pretty much how I have my panel set up - all the buttons lit when the FE is active (different colors for each player). I think the easier way to do it (how I did it) is to create a single frame animation for when the FE is active. Actually, I created an animation that switches the colors for each player every couple of minutes.

I like your way a lot better, especially being able to change the colors. I think I'll give that a go when I get home. Thanks.

Quinny

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2014, 07:52:07 am
« Reply #414 on: February 12, 2010, 10:26:10 am »
LEDBlinky looks like a great app!! Well done on creating the software for the on-going development.

Just wondering if there are any plans for LEDBlinky to run on linux?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #415 on: February 12, 2010, 10:31:52 am »
LEDBlinky looks like a great app!! Well done on creating the software for the on-going development.

Just wondering if there are any plans for LEDBlinky to run on linux?

Sorry but no. My experience with linux doesn't go beyond hacking my Tivo's :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #416 on: February 17, 2010, 09:58:54 am »
I seem to have run into one last problem. How do I get the game controls to stay lit when playing a game? I have LEDBlinky pointed to the control.ini and it will correctly preview the controls while in Hyperspin. It will speak and blink controls when I launch a game, but the LEDs just go back to either the FE active animation or FE controls, depending on configuration. I even tried disabling both options and you guessed it, all the LEDs turn off after the controls are spoken. I thought my previous edit of the controls xml could be causing a problem so I started over from scratch and still get the same result. Could it have something to do with the focus because Hyperspin still runs in the background while MAME or Stella are active (these are the only emus I have configured in LEDBlinky so far)?

I'm planning to look into the stand alone options tonight and test launching a game directly to see if I get a different result, but figured I'd post here in the mean time in case there is a simple fix I am overlooking.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #417 on: February 17, 2010, 11:27:46 am »
I seem to have run into one last problem. How do I get the game controls to stay lit when playing a game? I have LEDBlinky pointed to the control.ini and it will correctly preview the controls while in Hyperspin. It will speak and blink controls when I launch a game, but the LEDs just go back to either the FE active animation or FE controls, depending on configuration. I even tried disabling both options and you guessed it, all the LEDs turn off after the controls are spoken. I thought my previous edit of the controls xml could be causing a problem so I started over from scratch and still get the same result. Could it have something to do with the focus because Hyperspin still runs in the background while MAME or Stella are active (these are the only emus I have configured in LEDBlinky so far)?

I'm planning to look into the stand alone options tonight and test launching a game directly to see if I get a different result, but figured I'd post here in the mean time in case there is a simple fix I am overlooking.

Do you have the "Light Game Controls" option checked and the Game Play animation off?

Otherwise I'll need to see the debug log to see how you're configured - turn on the "Debug Log" and "Verbose" options, run some games, then email me the debug.zip file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #418 on: February 17, 2010, 11:51:46 am »
Do you have the "Light Game Controls" option checked and the Game Play animation off?

I know the game play animation is off, but I have a funny feeling about light game controls. When i reconfigured last night I don't remeber seeing or checking this. I'll check when I get home. I hope it's this easy, but I'll kick myself if I actually wasted all this time and didn't notice a simple check box. Thanks for the quick response.

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #419 on: February 17, 2010, 07:30:08 pm »
Well I did have "light game controls" checked after all. Here is the debug file.

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #420 on: February 18, 2010, 08:54:21 pm »
I did some more testing in stand alone mode and have an interesting result. Initially it would do the same thing, namely, when starting a game the controls will stay lit for about 4 seconds if i don't have the option to speak and blink controls checked. If I check this option they will briefly flash and go out. After trying multiple combos options the controls will now stay lit upon exiting the game. I attached a screenshot of my current configuration and a new debug file in case you would like to see it.

Also I am running a recompiled version of mame .135 and to rule this out as the cause I downloaded .136 and kept the default settings and ended up with the same result.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #421 on: February 19, 2010, 08:44:35 am »
Did you try the patch I sent you?

The problem actually has to do with the Demo Controls option. If you turn that feature off or set the Demo Delay to 0 then the problem will go away. But it's only an issue with HyperSpin's integration with LEDBlinky.

The patch should fix it.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #422 on: February 19, 2010, 10:00:16 am »
Just got it now. Didn't notice the PMs last night so I'll give it a shot when I get home.

scept1c

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 15, 2011, 11:21:14 am
« Reply #423 on: February 19, 2010, 10:03:17 am »
is there anyone who has got a reply from MA crew?  :banghead:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #424 on: February 19, 2010, 10:08:41 am »

are you having the same problem as 200X - the launch.bat issue?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #425 on: February 19, 2010, 06:46:57 pm »
You're the man, Arzoo. The patch works perfectly. Thanks again!

bbarz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2010, 06:55:28 pm »
BTW, BBB is very close to releasing a new version of HS, and I believe one of the last things he's working on is LEDBlinky integration. If you have any contact with him you might let him no what the issue was. I'd hate to see it carry over to the new version. I'm surprised no one else has had the same problem.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2010, 11:37:50 pm »
BTW, BBB is very close to releasing a new version of HS, and I believe one of the last things he's working on is LEDBlinky integration. If you have any contact with him you might let him no what the issue was. I'd hate to see it carry over to the new version. I'm surprised no one else has had the same problem.

From what I've heard the new version of HS is working well with blinky. I was also bit surprised that this bug didn't surface earlier but I guess nobody else is using HS with the LEDBlinky Demo feature and Demo Delay set > 0. Regardless, I'll include the fix in the next release so it won't be a problem in the future.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

200X

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2010, 05:38:39 am
« Reply #428 on: February 27, 2010, 12:26:19 pm »

They are starting to pi** me off. It's been several months and no replies...and it isn't even a free program.

blind_dado

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2019, 07:34:32 pm
    • Arcade Odyssey
« Reply #429 on: March 07, 2010, 03:50:54 pm »
I think I found a bug in either LEDBlinky or its integration into Hyperspin.  This is the behavior I'm seeing when using HS as a frontend and LEDBlinky to set U360 maps: When I launch a game that has a 2-way joystick map, like Defender (two-way up/down) then the map is set correctly when launching the game, but the map remains when I exit the game and return to HS, so now I can't use HS functions that require left or right.  It's really a problem when the map has been set to 2-way left-right, because then I can't even scroll though games when I return to HS (which requires up/down).  Is this a bug, or I'm doing something wrong??

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #430 on: March 07, 2010, 10:32:51 pm »
Anyone have an alternate link to download this software? The main link I tried is dead.

Thanks in advance!
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #431 on: March 07, 2010, 10:49:56 pm »
Anyone have an alternate link to download this software? The main link I tried is dead.

Thanks in advance!

Link seems to be working now.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #432 on: March 07, 2010, 11:00:31 pm »
Thanks Arzoo!  :cheers:
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #433 on: March 07, 2010, 11:01:09 pm »
I think I found a bug in either LEDBlinky or its integration into Hyperspin.  This is the behavior I'm seeing when using HS as a frontend and LEDBlinky to set U360 maps: When I launch a game that has a 2-way joystick map, like Defender (two-way up/down) then the map is set correctly when launching the game, but the map remains when I exit the game and return to HS, so now I can't use HS functions that require left or right.  It's really a problem when the map has been set to 2-way left-right, because then I can't even scroll though games when I return to HS (which requires up/down).  Is this a bug, or I'm doing something wrong??

I just ran a quick test running HS and launching Defender and the u360 returned to 4-way after exiting the game. I'm still using HS version 0.8.0.1 - I wonder if there's a problem with the latest release. Which are you using?

Do me a favor and turn on the Debug and Verbose options, run HS and Defender, then email me the debug.zip file so I can see what's going on. Thanks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #434 on: March 07, 2010, 11:01:54 pm »
Looks like I was going to an old URL...found the new one...thanks!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:03:46 pm by Epyx »
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

BigThumbToe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2011, 08:37:31 pm
« Reply #435 on: March 08, 2010, 06:59:38 am »
Im having some issues with the controls editor. Im not getting the emulator name with the unknown import. Its giving me the second word in the file name as the emulator. example, "(U) | GAME" or "MARIO | SUPER".  :banghead:
couldnt find anything in any of the pdfs or google. any help please?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #436 on: March 08, 2010, 09:08:29 am »
Im having some issues with the controls editor. Im not getting the emulator name with the unknown import. Its giving me the second word in the file name as the emulator. example, "(U) | GAME" or "MARIO | SUPER".  :banghead:

What FE are you using?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

blind_dado

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2019, 07:34:32 pm
    • Arcade Odyssey
« Reply #437 on: March 08, 2010, 08:16:53 pm »
I am using the latest Hyperspin 1.1.  I will PM you the Debug file.

I just ran a quick test running HS and launching Defender and the u360 returned to 4-way after exiting the game. I'm still using HS version 0.8.0.1 - I wonder if there's a problem with the latest release. Which are you using?

Do me a favor and turn on the Debug and Verbose options, run HS and Defender, then email me the debug.zip file so I can see what's going on. Thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #438 on: March 08, 2010, 08:48:08 pm »
I am using the latest Hyperspin 1.1.  I will PM you the Debug file.

I looked over the log and HS 1.1 is not sending the correct command to LEDBlinky after exiting a game. I've sent an email to Bill (HS Dev) - I'm sure he'll be able to resolve this.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

BigThumbToe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2011, 08:37:31 pm
« Reply #439 on: March 08, 2010, 11:20:26 pm »

What FE are you using?

Maximus Arcade