Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552833 times)

200X

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2010, 05:38:39 am
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v3.8
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2009, 08:51:01 am »
I have no clue why I'm not receiving your mails  ???

But the other E-mail adress seemed to work  :applaud:

I will try it now and get back to you.

200X

• Offline Offline
« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2009, 09:00:36 am »
Yay, it worked  :applaud:

Thanks a lot arzoo :notworthy:

Now, if only the MA developers would get back to me regarding the launch.bat problem and then all would be perfect  :cheers:

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
  • This snowflake tastes like fish sticks!
« Reply #362 on: October 28, 2009, 11:56:49 am »
Hey guys, I am evaluating Hyperspin and so far I am loving it. Once I work out a few issues, it will likely be my go-to FE. However, I am having a rough go getting LEDBlinky to work with it.

I made sure I have the latest versions of both programs. I mapped my LED's and even created a couple of animations and had them working on the panel, so LEDBlinky is fine up to that point. I went to the configure program in LEDBlinky and I think I have everything pointing to the correct folders. I enabled LEDBlinky in HS and pointed it to the correct folder. However, when I start HS, I get nothing. No animations, no lit MAME controls. Any ideas?
Thanks!
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Gameroom pics at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89006.40

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #363 on: October 28, 2009, 01:22:08 pm »
Hey guys, I am evaluating Hyperspin and so far I am loving it. Once I work out a few issues, it will likely be my go-to FE. However, I am having a rough go getting LEDBlinky to work with it.

I made sure I have the latest versions of both programs. I mapped my LED's and even created a couple of animations and had them working on the panel, so LEDBlinky is fine up to that point. I went to the configure program in LEDBlinky and I think I have everything pointing to the correct folders. I enabled LEDBlinky in HS and pointed it to the correct folder. However, when I start HS, I get nothing. No animations, no lit MAME controls. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Start HS and then alt-tab to some other app or your desktop - check the system tray and see if the LEDBlinky icon is there. If it's not then HS is not configured correctly to launch LEDBlinky. If the icon is there, then most likely something in the blinky config is not correct. You can turn on the Debug Log option, run HS and launch a game, then check the /ledblinky/debug.log file for any errors. If nothing shows up, turn on the verbose option, repeat the process and then email me the debug.zip file - I'll take a look.

edit: I just remembered - HS has a log.txt file which should indicate if LEDBlinky is getting launched.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:28:40 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

LLUncoolJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2015, 03:08:00 pm
  • This snowflake tastes like fish sticks!
« Reply #364 on: October 28, 2009, 11:32:24 pm »
Thanks for getting back Arzoo. I got it working and it looks awesome. Turns out the problem is in Hyperspin. In the LEDBlinky file path field, the dialog box would only got to C:\LEDBlinky. The log was showing it could not find the .exe file. It would not let me add anything to the field. So I went into the ini file and manually edited it. After a few sugestions from the HS forum, I simply added a \ to the end in the ini file like this: C:\LEDBlinky\

It fired right up. Hopefully my torment documented on this thread helps someone else out. ;D
You probably remember me from such films as `The Revenge of Abe Lincoln' and `The Wackiest Covered Wagon in the West'

Gameroom pics at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=89006.40

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: *update* LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v3.8
« Reply #365 on: November 08, 2009, 05:41:13 pm »
Released version 3.8.1
Added feature to designate a game or emulator as a 'Jukebox' so that audio animations can be restricted to jukebox applications only. Fixed a few bugs also.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Circo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2020, 03:27:51 am
  • Still using screenshots? Try EmuMovies instead.
    • EmuMovies
I really liked how this worked with hyperspin, just wanted to say thanks arzoo!
My Websites

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
Great Job. Keep up the good work!!

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:37:53 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: *update* LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v3.8
« Reply #368 on: November 09, 2009, 09:07:10 am »
Released version 3.8.1
Added feature to designate a game or emulator as a 'Jukebox' so that audio animations can be restricted to jukebox applications only. Fixed a few bugs also.

That feature rocks, btw.   ;)

edubbs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 15, 2016, 11:04:20 pm
Arzoo,

i'm running ledblinky and Hyperspin.  i have the ledblinky configured to map the controls for MAME.

mame.ini has the following settings:

joystick_map          auto
joystick_deadzone   0.3
joystick_saturation  0.85

do these settings have any relevance if i'm using ledblinky to map the u360's?  i would expect no, but when i turn joystick_map to 0 then my joysticks no longer work in MAME.  if i have them on auto, it appears to be mapping my u360 correctly.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Arzoo,

i'm running ledblinky and Hyperspin.  i have the ledblinky configured to map the controls for MAME.

mame.ini has the following settings:

joystick_map          auto
joystick_deadzone   0.3
joystick_saturation  0.85

do these settings have any relevance if i'm using ledblinky to map the u360's?  i would expect no, but when i turn joystick_map to 0 then my joysticks no longer work in MAME.  if i have them on auto, it appears to be mapping my u360 correctly.

The joystick settings in the mame.ini have no relevance to how LEDBlinky maps the u360s. The confusion here is that later versions of mame have the feature to restrict analog joysticks to game specific maps (4-way, 8-way, etc.) which is the same capability that u360s can do with their own firmware. So LEDBlinky is only setting the u360 maps - regardless of what mame is doing.

Theoretically you should be able to turn of the LEDBlinky u360 option and let mame restrict the outputs - but I've never tried it this way and I don't know if mame is correct for all the games. Headkaze developed an app to let you modify or create the mame maps.

I'm guessing that by setting joystick_map = 0 mame is basically disabling analog joystick outputs. But I'm not really sure about this - you should post this question to the main forum for a quicker answer.

By the way, I checked my mame.ini and joystick_map is set to 'auto' and I've never had any problems with the u360s (mapped via blinky).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

edubbs

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the quick reply.

I wanted to make sure that my maps were being applied correctly so i replaced the Joy8Way map with the mapping info from Joy4Way.  I then tried playing street fighter and it was obvious i was in 4-way mode.  so i'm confident that my maps are being applied.

i only recently realized that mame was doing my mapping!  i checked the debug log from ledblinky and found that it couldn't load any of my maps.  i went into the directory and all my maps were named 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.  that must have been from the previous version of ledblinky.  i  renamed them to the appropriate names (Joy8Way, Joy4Way, Analog, etc.) and ledblinky appears to be working correctly.

One more question...

When i'm adding games in the Controls Editor, is there an easy way to copy the buttons from player 1 to player 2, 3, and 4?  or do i need to enter the button colors for each player?

For example, let's say i wanted players 1, 2, 3, and 4 to all have buttons 12 be white, and 34 be blue.

It really is great app.  Thanks for your hard work developing and supporting it!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Thanks for the quick reply.

I wanted to make sure that my maps were being applied correctly so i replaced the Joy8Way map with the mapping info from Joy4Way.  I then tried playing street fighter and it was obvious i was in 4-way mode.  so i'm confident that my maps are being applied.

i only recently realized that mame was doing my mapping!  i checked the debug log from ledblinky and found that it couldn't load any of my maps.  i went into the directory and all my maps were named 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.  that must have been from the previous version of ledblinky.  i  renamed them to the appropriate names (Joy8Way, Joy4Way, Analog, etc.) and ledblinky appears to be working correctly.

One more question...

When i'm adding games in the Controls Editor, is there an easy way to copy the buttons from player 1 to player 2, 3, and 4?  or do i need to enter the button colors for each player?

For example, let's say i wanted players 1, 2, 3, and 4 to all have buttons 12 be white, and 34 be blue.

It really is great app.  Thanks for your hard work developing and supporting it!

I'm surprised that your LEDBlinky maps had the old naming format - the upgrade process should have renamed them all.

As for the controls editor - the copy menu has an option to 'Copy Player 1' - this will copy the player 1 buttons to all the other players.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

blind_dado

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2019, 07:34:32 pm
    • Arcade Odyssey
I think I found a bug while running LEDBlinky with GameEx.  When I go to emulators, select Arati 2600, and then launch a game, it works great (speaks game, speaks control functions, and lights button), and mame works great too when I go through the main menu.  The problem is when I select a game from recently played (or, I believe, from favorites or most played).  Then, it remebers the last emulator I selected through the main menu system and announces that emulator.  Example:  I launch an Atari 2600 game through the emulator menu, then go back and select a mame game from the recently played list and it announces the Atari 2600 controls and lights the Atari 2600 button instead of the mame game and controls.  Ditto vice versa.

It seems that the way that GameEx is passing info to LEDBlinky is different when you select a game from one of the auto generated lists, rather than going through the main menu.  This is a real problem because 90% of the games I play are selected from going to the recently played list or favorites, thus making LEDBlinky useless.  :-( 

Any ideas?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
I think I found a bug while running LEDBlinky with GameEx.  When I go to emulators, select Arati 2600, and then launch a game, it works great (speaks game, speaks control functions, and lights button), and mame works great too when I go through the main menu.  The problem is when I select a game from recently played (or, I believe, from favorites or most played).  Then, it remebers the last emulator I selected through the main menu system and announces that emulator.  Example:  I launch an Atari 2600 game through the emulator menu, then go back and select a mame game from the recently played list and it announces the Atari 2600 controls and lights the Atari 2600 button instead of the mame game and controls.  Ditto vice versa.

It seems that the way that GameEx is passing info to LEDBlinky is different when you select a game from one of the auto generated lists, rather than going through the main menu.  This is a real problem because 90% of the games I play are selected from going to the recently played list or favorites, thus making LEDBlinky useless.  :-( 

Any ideas?

I'll look into this - may need to get you a patch for the GameEx plugin.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

blind_dado

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Odyssey
Thanks for looking into it.  While you're at it, I have another problem too.  LEDBlinky insists on being located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\plugins\LEDBlinky
But I really want it here:
Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky

Every now and then, it changes where it thinks it is.  So Ill get the error message:

LEDBlinky WriteToFile [Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.log] ERROR: Could not find part of the path 'Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.log'.

Well, that's because I put it where it wanted to be, on the C: drive.  But now it wants to be on the Z: drive (where I want it).  This fixes itself after a computer reboot (Restarting GameEx and LEDBlinky is not enough).

200X

• Offline Offline
Hey arzoo,

Did the MA crew ever get back to you regarding the launch.bat issue? I have yet to get a response from anyone on their forums.

edubbs

• Offline Offline

As for the controls editor - the copy menu has an option to 'Copy Player 1' - this will copy the player 1 buttons to all the other players.

Can't believe i missed that...thanks!

csa3d

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2011, 08:16:35 am
  • Will game for food
    • Galaxian Mame Conversion
I was messing with my cab today and was trying to configure a FE setup for Mala.  I currently have various front end commands tied to the default mame player 1 commands, such as L_CTL, L_Alt, L_Shift, and Space.  LED Blinky does not allow me to custom configure any Mala keys, and assumes them read from I'm supposing Mala config somehow.  The problem is, that those windowy keys I mentioned earlier never get lit up.  If I change the function in Mala to use any other 'standard' keys, they do light up.

Is there any solution which allows me to not have to change my hotkeys?

-csa

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Hey arzoo,

Did the MA crew ever get back to you regarding the launch.bat issue? I have yet to get a response from anyone on their forums.

Never heard anything - sorry. Maybe I'll send another email.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
I was messing with my cab today and was trying to configure a FE setup for Mala.  I currently have various front end commands tied to the default mame player 1 commands, such as L_CTL, L_Alt, L_Shift, and Space.  LED Blinky does not allow me to custom configure any Mala keys, and assumes them read from I'm supposing Mala config somehow.  The problem is, that those windowy keys I mentioned earlier never get lit up.  If I change the function in Mala to use any other 'standard' keys, they do light up.

-csa

MaLa doesn't differentiate between the left and right ctrl, alt, and shift keys. So try this - using the GenInputMap app, add the non left/right version of the keycodes to those ports. For example, the port assigned to KEYCODE_LCONTROL - also add KEYCODE_CONTROL. So the port will have two input codes. This should solve your problem (as long as you don't use both the left and right windowy buttons).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

csa3d

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2011, 08:16:35 am
  • Will game for food
    • Galaxian Mame Conversion

-csa

MaLa doesn't differentiate between the left and right ctrl, alt, and shift keys. So try this - using the GenInputMap app, add the non left/right version of the keycodes to those ports. For example, the port assigned to KEYCODE_LCONTROL - also add KEYCODE_CONTROL. So the port will have two input codes. This should solve your problem (as long as you don't use both the left and right windowy buttons).

That was way easy and took all of 2 minutes to fix.  Thanks!
-csa

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Thanks for looking into it.  While you're at it, I have another problem too.  LEDBlinky insists on being located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\plugins\LEDBlinky
But I really want it here:
Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky

Every now and then, it changes where it thinks it is.  So Ill get the error message:

LEDBlinky WriteToFile [Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.log] ERROR: Could not find part of the path 'Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.log'.

Well, that's because I put it where it wanted to be, on the C: drive.  But now it wants to be on the Z: drive (where I want it).  This fixes itself after a computer reboot (Restarting GameEx and LEDBlinky is not enough).

Is the Z drive a mapped network path or a physical drive on the same machine?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

blind_dado

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Odyssey
I've attached two debug files (I didn't see a way to attach files to PMs).  Here is what I did:

Debug1:
1) launch GamEx
2) Select Emulators
3) Select Atari 2600
4) Launch Adventure
LEDBlinky correctly speaks name of game and name of controls
5) Quit Adventure, returning to GameEx
6) Select "Most Played"
7) Select Donkey Kong (mame version)
8) Launch Donkey Kong (mame version)
No game name is spoken, and default controls for Atari 2600 are spoken

Debug2:
Basically, the same thing in reverse order.
1) Launch DK from Mame All Games menu. 
Game name and controls spoken correctly.
2) Launch Adventure from Most Played Menu.
This time, nothing is spoken.  No game name or controls.

Thanks for looking into this!

blind_dado

• Offline Offline
    • Arcade Odyssey
And here is a better description of the other problem (the path problem).

I have GameEx installed on the Z: drive, which is a second, internal physical drive (the boot drive is C:).  LEDBlinky is located in Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky
Everything works fine for a while, but at some random point (maybe after I wake the computer up from sleep mode?) it gives me the attached error message.  So, LEDBlink "wants" to be located on the C: drive.  So, I move the whole folder to the c: drive at the path that is listed in the error message, and everything works fine for a while (but its weird and annoying to have it on the C: drive).  BUT then at some point it will give me the same, but opposite, error message.  Namely "LEDBlinky WriteToFile [Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.log] ERROR: Could not find part of the path 'Z:\ArcadeOdyssey\GameEx\PLUGINS\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.log'."  So now it wants to be back on the Z: drive!  If I just reboot, then it seems to be fine, until the next time I get the error message.

Ha! Sorry to give you these problems to work on!

yannip

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2012, 06:48:52 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v3.8.1
« Reply #385 on: January 08, 2010, 01:00:12 am »
Plug-in works great and I love all the features you've added in the latest version.  I am however having a small problem I was hoping someone could help me with.  For some reason player 2 buttons 5 and 6 don't light although player 1 buttons 5 and 6 light up just fine.  For example, when playing Streetfighter III (sfIII),  all six buttons are illuminated appropriately for player 1 but only buttons 1 through 4 are illuminated for player 2.
This happens with just about any game that uses buttons 5 and 6 so I'm hoping it's a configuration error on my part.  Attached is the debug info so any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:48:37 am by yannip »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #386 on: January 08, 2010, 02:38:28 pm »
Plug-in works great and I love all the features you've added in the latest version.  I am however having a small problem I was hoping someone could help me with.  For some reason player 2 buttons 5 and 6 don't light although player 1 buttons 5 and 6 light up just fine.  For example, when playing Streetfighter III (sfIII),  all six buttons are illuminated appropriately for player 1 but only buttons 1 through 4 are illuminated for player 2.
This happens with just about any game that uses buttons 5 and 6 so I'm hoping it's a configuration error on my part.  Attached is the debug info so any help would be appreciated.

Make sure LEDBlinky has the correct path to mame's config folder; it should end with \cfg.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Bobulus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2014, 10:42:28 am
« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2010, 07:29:43 am »
Hey Arzoo. Great program. Kind of a steep learning curve, but after a lot of forum searching, hair pulling, and fixing my own mistakes, I think I've got my demo control panel set up 99% of the way I want it. (It took me forever to figure out you could type in custom port names in the input config program. :P )

I do (inevitably) have a couple questions, because I am a bit of a perfectionist and tiny things that wouldn't bother others drive me up the wall:

1) Is there a way to set an animation button to 'don't change'? I ask because I wanted to set it up so that when I hit my (normally lit) Pause button in MAME, the Pause button would flash until I unpaused. It was easy enough to make a 1-frame animation that featured the UI_PAUSE LED triggering the LEDWIZ blink. The problem is that when I do that, it clears out all the other buttons, which are normally set to light based on game via colors.ini. So is there a way to set up an animation so UI_PAUSE blinks, but all other buttons stay with what they were before?

2) I set player and coin lights to light for MAME. I also set it to blink the player1 and player2 lights on those rare games that support it. I'm wondering if it's possible to make these two features mesh better. Currently, if I enter a game with coin-triggered blinking (say, galaxian), the player1 and player 2 lights stay off until I put in coins, unlike the other games. Is there a way to set it to always light, but still blink on coin insert?

Oh, and thanks for putting in the time to make such a neat program.

yannip

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2012, 06:48:52 pm
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2010, 12:42:30 pm »

Make sure LEDBlinky has the correct path to mame's config folder; it should end with \cfg.

Thanks for the response.  Indeed I had the cfg folder incorrect however that's not what was causing my issue.  After some additional trial and error, it finally dawned on me that the default MAME control config didn't have a key mapped to buttons 5 and 6 for P2.  Once I took care of that, problem solved.

njay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2022, 06:49:35 am
  • To Nudge or Not to Nudge !
« Reply #389 on: January 20, 2010, 04:53:36 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

i switched from MA to HS and have the following issue:

ledblinky works fine with hs but when i am launching a mame game the wrong controls light up, i did nothing in the controls editor when i changed frontends, any idea? in MA it worked fine
Mini Pinball Project [Finished]:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=98826.0

Cab Convert To HyperSpin [Sold due to Move]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=101535.0

New Project - Bartop [Planning Stage]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=105894

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #390 on: January 21, 2010, 08:32:57 am »
Hi Arzoo,

i switched from MA to HS and have the following issue:

ledblinky works fine with hs but when i am launching a mame game the wrong controls light up, i did nothing in the controls editor when i changed frontends, any idea? in MA it worked fine

Did you switch the blinky config to HS on the FE menu? Still, that would only effect the FE controls, not the game controls. Email me a debug.zip file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

njay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2010, 04:18:09 pm »
yes i will send you it tommorow :) i was mainly thinking that hyperspin uses an akh script that captures keypresses i dont know if that would interfer with ledblinky

njay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2010, 05:56:56 pm »
got it fixed, i deleted my mame control scheme imported a game and bam fixed !  :applaud:

Bobulus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #393 on: January 23, 2010, 12:58:41 am »
Guess my questions were a little too esoteric...

njay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2010, 04:28:18 am »
Maybe arzoo overlooked !

ask him again :)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2010, 02:46:27 pm »
Sorry I missed this post...

1) Is there a way to set an animation button to 'don't change'? I ask because I wanted to set it up so that when I hit my (normally lit) Pause button in MAME, the Pause button would flash until I unpaused. It was easy enough to make a 1-frame animation that featured the UI_PAUSE LED triggering the LEDWIZ blink. The problem is that when I do that, it clears out all the other buttons, which are normally set to light based on game via colors.ini. So is there a way to set up an animation so UI_PAUSE blinks, but all other buttons stay with what they were before?
If I understand correctly - you've created an animation that blinks the pause button and you want the game buttons to remain lit while the pause animation is running. Unfortunately that's not possible - but the game buttons should return to their prior state after the animation stops (on unpause) - is this not the case?

2) I set player and coin lights to light for MAME. I also set it to blink the player1 and player2 lights on those rare games that support it. I'm wondering if it's possible to make these two features mesh better. Currently, if I enter a game with coin-triggered blinking (say, galaxian), the player1 and player 2 lights stay off until I put in coins, unlike the other games. Is there a way to set it to always light, but still blink on coin insert?

Sorry - no. Once a button is controlled by the mame outputs, it lights based on the signals from mame - which usually starts in the off state. The intent here is to mimic how the original game worked.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Bobulus

• Offline Offline
« Reply #396 on: January 25, 2010, 01:56:17 am »
Fair enough.  :) Thanks for the reply.

but the game buttons should return to their prior state after the animation stops (on unpause) - is this not the case?

Yeah, that's how it's working.

reko19

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2024, 12:43:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2010, 10:48:20 am »
Trying to get ledblinky to work with Mamewah, was able to get it to work but not consistently. First I'd like to mention that I have to start ledblinky.exe manually even though Mamewah is capable to launch application at the start. If I try to launch it though Mamewah, ledblinky starts but mamewah would not start until I go to a system tray and exit out of ledblinky. If I start ledblinky manually before the front end start, it works fine for a little while. But changing emulators almost always creates an issue. It almost looks like there are multiple instances of ledblinky running because I have to exit it from a system tray a couple of times and every time new led pattern is displayed. I also get popup error message: " is not a valid integer value. I was going to post an error log but I don't have it handy. Here is what I've done so far.

mamewah.ini
### External Application Settings ###
startup_app_commandlines                  c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 1
exit_app_commandlines                     c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 11
exit_and_run_app_commandlines

mame.ini
### Execution Settings ###
pre_emulator_app_commandlines             c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe [name]
emulator_commandline                      c:\mame\mame.exe [name]{nodosbox}
post_emulator_app_commandlines            c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 4
general_app_commandlines                  {music}c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -r=[name];{music}c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -b="c:\cpv2\images\mamewah.jpg"            

n64.ini
pre_emulator_app_commandlines             c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe test.lwax
emulator_commandline                      c:\n64\project64.exe [rompath]\[name].[romext]{nodosbox}{safelaunch}
general_app_commandlines                  c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -p=nintendo 64;c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -b="c:\cpv2\images\mamewah.jpg"

For anything other than mame i just want to illuminate certain pushbuttons as long as emulator is active. If I could get it to work consistently, it would be great. Any help is appreciated..

Update:
using {nowait} flag eliminates first issue with mamewah not starting properly unless ledblinky is launched before FE.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:09:48 am by reko19 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #398 on: January 26, 2010, 11:12:04 am »
I think you need to put {nowait} after each LEDBlinky command so that mamewah doesn't wait for blinky to finish executing - that should solve most of the problems.

For "exit_app_commandlines" you should use "ledblinky.exe 2" (not 11). Param value 2 = exit and Param value 11 = stop animation.

For the n64 "post_emulator_app_commandlines" you should use "ledblinky.exe 11" (not 4).

Otherwise the commands look good.

Code: [Select]
mamewah.ini
startup_app_commandlines                  c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 1{nowait}
exit_app_commandlines                     c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 2{nowait}

mame.ini
pre_emulator_app_commandlines             c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe [name]{nowait}
emulator_commandline                      c:\mame\mame.exe [name]{nodosbox}
post_emulator_app_commandlines            c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 4{nowait}
general_app_commandlines                  {music}c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -r=[name];{music}c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -b="c:\cpv2\images\mamewah.jpg"             

n64.ini
pre_emulator_app_commandlines             c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe test.lwax{nowait}
emulator_commandline                      c:\n64\project64.exe [rompath]\[name].[romext]{nodosbox}{safelaunch}
post_emulator_app_commandlines            c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 11{nowait}
general_app_commandlines                  c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -p=nintendo 64;c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -b="c:\cpv2\images\mamewah.jpg"

I'm not a mamewah expert so I'm not 100% sure this will work - but give it a try. Send me the debug.zip if you're still having problems. I know others have successfully configured mamewah to use blinky.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

reko19

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2024, 12:43:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #399 on: January 26, 2010, 11:21:08 am »
Arzoo,
Thank you for the reply. Everything appears to be working with the following settings:
mamewah.ini
startup_app_commandlines                  c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 1{nowait}
exit_app_commandlines                     c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 2

mame.ini
pre_emulator_app_commandlines             c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe [name]
emulator_commandline                      c:\mame\mame.exe [name]{nodosbox}
general_app_commandlines                  {music}c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -r=[name];{music}c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -b="c:\cpv2\images\mamewah.jpg"

n64.ini
pre_emulator_app_commandlines             c:\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe test.lwax
emulator_commandline                      c:\n64\project64.exe [rompath]\[name].[romext]{nodosbox}{safelaunch}
general_app_commandlines                  c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -p=nintendo 64;c:\cpv2\cpv2.exe -b="c:\cpv2\images\mamewah.jpg"

I ended up using ledblinky.exe 4 on the exit from n64 back to FE. Using 11 killed all leds all together instead of getting back to animation. One question, how FE random animation is intended to work? Is it supposed to cycle thru lwax every so often? Or is it picking a different one on every start? Mine appears to pick different animation at first start, but when coming back from an emulator the same animation is picked every time. Reading your manual I don't think this is how it is supposed to work, I might be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:18:24 pm by reko19 »