Main > Software Forum

LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2

<< < (387/392) > >>

Moleburt:
Wondering if anyone here has anyone here has any experience using the Ultimarc Ultimate I/O board and a PACLed64 board together with mamehooker? Iím not having much luck and wasnít sure where to ask. Iím trying to get some effects working with gun games (gStAv helped me with the ini files, but he uses ledwiz). Nothing Iíve tried has worked, Iím not sure if it is because I have 2 boards in order to control all my lights or what. Any help would be appreciated!

arzoo:

--- Quote from: Moleburt on September 28, 2022, 09:04:24 am ---Wondering if anyone here has anyone here has any experience using the Ultimarc Ultimate I/O board and a PACLed64 board together with mamehooker? Iím not having much luck and wasnít sure where to ask. Iím trying to get some effects working with gun games (gStAv helped me with the ini files, but he uses ledwiz). Nothing Iíve tried has worked, Iím not sure if it is because I have 2 boards in order to control all my lights or what. Any help would be appreciated!

--- End quote ---

You might have better luck starting a new thread in the software forum for a mamehooker question.

theholmesplace:
So, I reviewed things and not seeing clearly why colors.ini isn't being respected for button colors with the game Brute Force [brutforc].

The other issues with the wrong buttons lighting up is basically "fixed" but I disabled the mouse click within MAME and reprogrammed one of my admin buttons to use something other than Shift (made it load game vs save game, and I reassigned save game to that button with a hotkey).

While reenablng the left-click mouse button for P1 Button 1 might be nice in case some game needs this (maybe there isn't a game that needs this), this is my current set of files.

At this time, I'm really perplexed as to why none of my buttons light up except admin buttons and start buttons 1 through 3 for this game, on top of it Start buttons 1 through 3 should be lighting up different colors, but they all light up as white. Do I have a typo somewhere?!

Thanks for the help :( Greatly appreciate it!

theholmesplace:
It's because LEDBlinkyControls.xml is superseding it with settings that it all ready has for this game isn't it?!

I just realized [brutforc] is inside that file.

Okay, so what's the different between these two files, XMLBlinkyControls.XML and Colors.ini? Should I be doing color assignments in one vs the other? I've been heavily modifying the Colors.ini and Controls.ini file to fill in for games that don't exist or don't have all or proper colors set like Brute Force. Should I be doing this in XMLBlinkyControls.XML instead?

While on the topic of these files, I looked over the LEDBlinky website for an explanation on what these variables mean to LEDBlinky from the Controls.ini file:

Mirrored (I assume this is for like games that support tabletop setups and show the screens upsidedown?)
Tilt
Cocktail
UsesService

Just as I set some this stuff, would be nice to know what those do.

Also, can't guarantee that I'm perfect on these settings and colors, but I'm literally sitting here going through every single MAME game because I'm quite obviously a masochistic psychopath (though removing a lot of games from my MAME.XML list that aren't quite up to my level of acceptance). But once I'm finished (if I finish, which I assume I will), more than happy to share my work.

arzoo:

--- Quote from: theholmesplace on September 28, 2022, 11:04:29 pm ---Okay, so what's the different between these two files, XMLBlinkyControls.XML and Colors.ini? Should I be doing color assignments in one vs the other? I've been heavily modifying the Colors.ini and Controls.ini file to fill in for games that don't exist or don't have all or proper colors set like Brute Force. Should I be doing this in XMLBlinkyControls.XML instead?

While on the topic of these files, I looked over the LEDBlinky website for an explanation on what these variables mean to LEDBlinky from the Controls.ini file:

Mirrored (I assume this is for like games that support tabletop setups and show the screens upsidedown?)
Tilt
Cocktail
UsesService

--- End quote ---

The controls.ini and colors.ini files were created by community members (many years ago) for mame games. The LEDBlinkyControls.xml file is generated and updated by the LEDBlinkyControlsEditor. The controls editor serves two purposes; it provides an interface to define controls for non-mame games, and it can be used to override the control colors and spoken actions for mame games. This support link may be helpful.

LEDBlinky uses "Cocktail" and "Alternating" to determine if player two controls should be lit. The other variables are not used. Keep in mind, the controls.ini file was not created specifically for LEDBlinky.

If you're taking the time to update the colors.ini file I can definitely include it with a future LEDBlinky build  :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version