Main > Software Forum

LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2

<< < (381/386) > >>

Classic 80s Gamer:
Well sometimes the answers stare you right in the face.   Instead of launching from the command line I launched Launchbox.  Sure enough it works perfectly.

twobucks:
Is it possible to force which audio output device ledblinky must use besides the default audio device in windows 10?  I have been trying to get portaudio working with mame and launchbox as the FE but everytime ledblinky gets stuck flashing controls and no audio output during game startup.  If i could force ledblinky to use a secondary audio output device I am thinking this problem would get solved.  Thoughts?

Thanks

arzoo:

--- Quote from: twobucks on July 28, 2022, 07:56:52 pm ---Is it possible to force which audio output device ledblinky must use besides the default audio device in windows 10?  I have been trying to get portaudio working with mame and launchbox as the FE but everytime ledblinky gets stuck flashing controls and no audio output during game startup.  If i could force ledblinky to use a secondary audio output device I am thinking this problem would get solved.  Thoughts?

Thanks

--- End quote ---

There may be a third-party app you can use. Check out the apps at the end of this support link; https://www.ledblinky.net/Support.htm#StereoMix Not sure if either will help but maybe?

twobucks:
Thank You for the reply!

I looked into the mixer application which may work but may also negate any latency advantages to using portaudio with mame because you now have a virtual audio device processing all the audio. For my case i already have two seperate audio output devices in windows and would just like to assign the microsoft text to speech audio from ledblinky to another audio output device. I tried changing the options in narrator to my second audio device but that has no affect in how ledblinky uses micrsoft Zira text to speech. Too bad there is no setting in windows to force all text to speech to a specific audio device.

Bidule200:
I'm trying to set up LEDBlinky to work with BigBox and MAME
(i've bought led arcade buttons and I want them to light up to demo controls),
but I've already spent 2 days and still nothing works :laugh2:

LEDBlinky seems to be perfectly configured, I followed the readme and official tutorials.
✅ I can control every channel in GenLEDBlinkyInputMap.exe, they all light up just fine ✅ (using a PACLED64).

❌ But in Bigbox... nothing happens  :( . And then I launch a game, and nothing happens either.
- MAMEOutputTest seems to report MAME outputs correctly
- BigBoxSettings.xml is set up correctly in LEDBlinkyConfig.

The problems seems to be that, when I launch LEDBlinky.exe, it detects BigBox immediatly (I hear the voice synth saying the SpeakTextOnFEStart), but BigBox is not even running! How is it even possible?

------
EDIT
------
✅ LEDBlinky works fine with MAME alone, when LedBlinkyConfig is set on "Other FE", so the problem is definitely related to BigBox!
------
EDIT 2
------
✅ OK, I just missed the "Enable LEDBlinky" in Launchbox options. Feel dumb already -_- All good now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version