Main > Software Forum

LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2

<< < (380/392) > >>

theholmesplace:
Debug log for this issue:

When I launch a game within another emulator, such as Nintendo Entertainment System, all LEDs turn white once the game is loaded. Within HyperSpin (the FE I'm using) the B and A buttons light up red and nothing else lights up, and when I start the game I have the voice even read off the controls and they blink red for A and B, but then all LEDs turn white.

Also, from testing yesterday, I discovered launching an NES game seems to use MAME default colors that were set specifically for each button on player 1 and player 2 based on my current configuration.

Again, I don't have all buttons installed and setup quite yet as the I'm not making a "normal" arcade cabinet so to speak. If you want to look at what I'm attempting to pull off, you can check it out at https://theholmesplace.com

EDIT: forgot to attach the debug files.  ;D

arzoo:

--- Quote from: theholmesplace on July 13, 2022, 09:22:31 am ---Debug log for this issue:

When I launch a game within another emulator, such as Nintendo Entertainment System, all LEDs turn white once the game is loaded. Within HyperSpin (the FE I'm using) the B and A buttons light up red and nothing else lights up, and when I start the game I have the voice even read off the controls and they blink red for A and B, but then all LEDs turn white.

Also, from testing yesterday, I discovered launching an NES game seems to use MAME default colors that were set specifically for each button on player 1 and player 2 based on my current configuration.

Again, I don't have all buttons installed and setup quite yet as the I'm not making a "normal" arcade cabinet so to speak. If you want to look at what I'm attempting to pull off, you can check it out at https://theholmesplace.com

EDIT: forgot to attach the debug files.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I believe you can resolve this issue be unchecking the option "Use MAME Default Control Mapping For Other Emulators" option in the LEDBlinky config.

theholmesplace:
Thank you! Unchecked and works.

However, one thing struck me as odd, and I recall setting this because I watched it in some youtube video and it made sense at the time. I had set a particular LEDBlinky setting within RocketLauncher under the main settings. I set Enabled to ALL and then the real kicker is that I entered the letters "MAME" in for the System Name. Doing this would make sense why I was getting MAME controls whenever I'd launch a game from any system except MAME. No idea why I did this now, but anyways, not sure if it was this or unchecking that option (because I swore I did that before).

So either way, that's finally fixed, thank you Arzoo!

I also got FE controls to light up and I've disabled the game demo thing. I like that configuration better anyways. Thought demo was cool at first, ended up not liking it. The problem basically ended up resolving itself because I changed my preferences of how the buttons would illuminate. :P

Lots of configuration left to do! Thanks again!

arzoo:

--- Quote from: theholmesplace on July 15, 2022, 11:57:55 pm ---So either way, that's finally fixed, thank you Arzoo!

--- End quote ---

:cheers:

Classic 80s Gamer:
First of all LED Blinky is awesome and I have been enjoying it for years.  I recently built a new cabinet from scratch and it includes 1 iPac Ultimate and 1 iPac HID.  Everything with Launchbox is working perfectly.  Where I am having an issue is tying Mame outputs to channels for player 1/2, QBert Knocker and Chase HQ Police Lights.  I have all of the channels configured and work fine in the LED Blinky Controls setup.  I can also confirm control with the simple output test.  I also can run the Mame Output monitor and I see all of the outputs I need are showing correctly.  The Player 1 and 2 show as LED 0 and LED 1 with Galaga and the knocker shows as KNOCKER0. 

For mapping I am using:
[default]
LED0=IP,1,4,48
LED1=IP,1,7,48
KNOCKER0=UH,2,3,48

Player 1 and 2 buttons are on iPac Ultimate with address 1 and the red channel for RGB LED is 4 and 7
For the Knocker I am using the HID controller set to controller 2 and I set the pin to PC output 3

When I view the Mame Output I see the action associated with the outputs set in the Mame Output ini file

I am stumped, Mame is outputting to LED Blinky and LED Blinky is mapped to the outputs but nothing happens. I am missing something I just don’t know where else to look. 

Output is set to windows in Mame.ini

Tried entering “ LEDBlinky 1 ‘. before “ Mame QBert “ or “ Mame Galaga “ no luck.

LEDBlinky version 8.2.0.4
Mame version .245

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version