Main > Software Forum

LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2

<< < (374/381) > >>

PL1:
Sounds like you want to do something like this, right?

--- Quote ---LEDBlinky can light the active game controls and at the same time use the non-active controls for an animation. In this video, the controls for Asteroids are lit up and the other non-active buttons are synced to the game's audio using an Audio Animation.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Temp123 on May 17, 2022, 11:23:32 pm ---So, if I wanted to create a setup where the LED/RGB arcade Buttons change colors/blink to the beat of the music on whatever game is on the PC as well as have their input recognized; what is needed?

--- End quote ---
There are two separate parts to what you are describing.
- LED controller for LED outputs.
- Encoder for game control inputs.

--- Quote from: Temp123 on May 17, 2022, 11:23:32 pm ---An LED controller such PacLED64, the buttons and wires that come with the buttons and LED Blinky, and that's it?

--- End quote ---
That is the LED controller part.

Once you configure the LEDBlinky software properly, LEDBlinky will send commands to the LED controller for the lighting/animation of the LEDs.

Q: How do you configure LEDBlinky to do that?
A: Off the top of my head, I'm not sure.  Consult the LEDBlinky documentation or Arzoo.

--- Quote from: Temp123 on May 17, 2022, 11:23:32 pm ---Or is a control interface such as one of those Ipacs necessary?

--- End quote ---
The IPac is the encoder part.
- An encoder translates button presses into the keystrokes, gamepad button presses, or mouse button clicks that you use to play a game.
- It can also translate spinner or trackball inputs into mouse movements for games that use those types of controls.

The LED controller, LED wiring, and LED circuits are separate from the encoder, encoder wiring, button microswitches, and spinner/trackball mouse input circuits.
- For example, even though there is an LED and a microswitch in an RGB LED arcade button, there is no electrical connection between that LED and microswitch.

Scott

arzoo:

--- Quote from: Duglim on May 05, 2022, 01:59:51 pm ---Not working:
- Lighting up the LEDs for all games NOT found in CONTROLS.INI, but found in MAME.XML

Some more details (was analyzing this issue for hours and tried everything I could imagine):
- Tried different MAME.XML versions from different systems (0.179, 0.196) -> No luck
- Tried chaning the Encoding of the MAME.XML from UTF-8 to ANSI (found this as a hint in the web) -> No luck
- Tried chaning the Encoding of LEDBlinkys Minimized-MAME.XML from UTF-8 to ANSI -> No luck
- Added full file permissions to MAME.XML, since Windows 10 could prevent the reading -> No luck
- Checked the LEDBLinks-Startup logfile and there are about 13k games and 17k cloned loaded from the MINIMIZED-MAME-XML -> Seems no issue with reading games at least...
- Added a buch of MAME.XML-only games to the CONTROLS.INI by hand -> Working, so the issue seems to be with the MAME.XML

My questions:
- Anyone encounted this before? Any Ideas?
- Could there be an issue with finding the correct Buttoncount from MAME.XML?
- Is LEDBlinky capable or reading UTF-8 XML-files? The autogenerated Minimized-Mame-XML is UTF-8 by default, maybe this is a Win10 behaviour?

This is a typical entry from my minimized-Mame.XML:

--- Code: ---<machine name="10yard" sourcefile="m58.cpp">
<description>10-Yard Fight (World, set 1)</description>
<input players="2" coins="2">
<control type="joy" player="1" buttons="2" ways="8"/>
<control type="joy" player="2" buttons="2" ways="8"/>
</input></machine>
--- End code ---

Thanks for your help. And please keep up the great work!
Duglim

--- End quote ---

Hi, please email me your debug.zip and/or debug.log files and I'll take a look.

arzoo:

--- Quote from: Temp123 on May 17, 2022, 11:23:32 pm ---What is necessary to run LED Blinky?

Even if I go to the manufacturers sites - that LED Blinky lists on https://www.ledblinky.net/ledblinky.htm ;  the schematics are very basic to non-existent.

So, if I wanted to create a setup where the LED/RGB arcade Buttons change colors/blink to the beat of the music on whatever game is on the PC as well as have their input recognized; what is needed?

An LED controller such PacLED64, the buttons and wires that come with the buttons and LED Blinky, and that's it?

Or is a control interface such as one of those Ipacs necessary?

--- End quote ---

Scott, thanks for helping out here with Temp123's questions.

All I'll add is it seems like this may be your first arcade build and I would suggest reading some of the other threads in this forum or other resources around the web on building mame systems. Then after you have your control panel wired up and working, and your front-end and emulation software installed and configured, you can circle back to getting LEDBlinky configured.

Temp123:

--- Quote from: PL1 on May 18, 2022, 12:44:30 am ---

The LED controller, are separate from the encoder,

Scott

--- End quote ---

Then why does this device make it seem like they aren't separate? This is where the confusion stems from...

https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac-ultimate-i-o/

--- Quote from: arzoo on May 18, 2022, 07:57:40 am ---
Your front-end and emulation software installed and configured...

--- End quote ---

OK, but if the game is more PC based and not using a front-end and not using an emulator, does LED Blinky have the means to be sound reactive outside of MAME or an emulator or front end?

arzoo:

--- Quote from: Temp123 on May 18, 2022, 12:00:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: PL1 on May 18, 2022, 12:44:30 am ---The LED controller, are separate from the encoder,
Scott

--- End quote ---
Then why does this device make it seem like they aren't separate? This is where the confusion stems from...
https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interfaces/i-pacs/i-pac-ultimate-i-o/

--- End quote ---
The Ultimate I/O is a combined board that can handle both the keyboard encoding and the LED outputs. Andy at Ultimarc can answer any questions specific to the hardware.

--- Quote from: Temp123 on May 18, 2022, 12:00:59 pm ---
--- Quote from: arzoo on May 18, 2022, 07:57:40 am ---Your front-end and emulation software installed and configured...

--- End quote ---

OK, but if the game is more PC based and not using a front-end and not using an emulator, does LED Blinky have the means to be sound reactive outside of MAME or an emulator or front end?

--- End quote ---
If you're not using any front-end software and you're not using mame, then you would have to manually send commands to LEDBlinky (using a script or batch file). For example;
<path>\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe <game> <system>
You would pass the actual game name and system name as parameters. The LEDBlinky docs have a section listing all the command line options. And lastly, you would use the LEDBlinky Controls Editor to configure the specific buttons, colors, and voice commands for each game and/or system. The editor has an import unknown games option which can help with new games.

And yes, if you don't want any game specific buttons to light up, you can just use LEDBlinky to respond to game sounds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version