Main > Software Forum

LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2

<< < (370/378) > >>

arzoo:

--- Quote from: zeorangr on February 10, 2022, 12:31:19 pm ---Hey All -

I'm running into a somewhat odd issue with LEDBlinky (and I suspect it's not actually LEDBlinky that has the issue, but something in windows, with how this is presenting) - basically, my buttons are all lighting correctly, and will flash each control as configured when a game loads, but there's no 'voice' - it's not speaking the button commands.

It was working up until a couple of days ago.  I'm not sure what's changed since then. 

I've tried changing the narrator voice in LEDBlinky config, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm not really seeing anything that's standing out to me in the LEDBlinky debug.log on this - I'm not really seeing any differences in the logged output from before and after this stopped working.  It looks like LEDBlinky itself thinks it's handling the text-to-speech calls normally, from what I can tell.

I will note that if I go to windows settings and into the narrator options, testing there will produce the selected narrator's 'spoken voice' - just not when launching games from my frontend.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

--- End quote ---

Is the speech test button working from the LEDBlinky config app (Misc Options tab)?

zeorangr:

--- Quote from: arzoo on February 10, 2022, 01:54:04 pm ---
Is the speech test button working from the LEDBlinky config app (Misc Options tab)?

--- End quote ---

Hi Arzoo -

No, none of the speech seems to be working from within LEDBlinky - hitting the 'test' button on any speech-related field in LEDBlinky Config (including within the misc options tab) acts like it's playing (the button greys out for a few seconds, then becomes selectable again).

arzoo:

--- Quote from: zeorangr on February 10, 2022, 03:10:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: arzoo on February 10, 2022, 01:54:04 pm ---

--- End quote ---

Hi Arzoo -

No, none of the speech seems to be working from within LEDBlinky - hitting the 'test' button on any speech-related field in LEDBlinky Config (including within the misc options tab) acts like it's playing (the button greys out for a few seconds, then becomes selectable again).

--- End quote ---

Definitely sounds Windows related. Did you upgrade or run in any Windows updates recently? Maybe check your Windows Update history.

zeorangr:
Definitely windows related.  I tried running a system restore, going back a couple of weeks, and the voices 'magically' started working again after that for about a day, then stopped again - I think it was some windows update that was breaking it, but I didn't get a chance to chase it further - I took a pretty nasty power hit and had to replace the motherboard in that machine... which leads me to my next issue.

I think I may have messed up without realizing it Ė I am running LEDBlinky from a folder off my main launchbox build folder, and Iíve been doing some testing and work on the build (artwork / images / scripts) on several different PCs (even though I only have ONE cabinet that actually uses the LEDBlinky functionality) simply by copying the launchbox folder. 

After getting my arcade PC rebuilt and getting everything transferred over this afternoon, Iím now getting a Ďtrialí version of LEDBlinky.  The debug log is indicating that I have a registered copy, but Iíve exceeded my maximum number of PCs, which is entirely likely with how Iíve been just moving the folder around (and having multiple instances of LEDBlinky with it).

How can I fix this so that LEDBlinky works with all functionality on my cabinet?  Is there a way to 'de-register' PCs that aren't actually using LEDBlinky?  Do I need to buy another license?

zeorangr:
I went ahead and just bought another license - I'll be more careful with moving it around this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version