Main > Software Forum

LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2

<< < (368/378) > >>

vaderag:

--- Quote from: arzoo on December 11, 2021, 11:57:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: vaderag on December 11, 2021, 08:27:20 am ---Hi All,

I've been using LED Blinky happily with my cab for a few years now and am on v6.5
I've decided to go back to square one with my cab for a variety of reasons and was looking at LED Blinky again. I notice we're a few versions on but got a warning when I tried to update (I am free version right now) and nothing in the change logs looked especially needed to me so wondered if there was something I should be aware of or if I'm good sticking with 6.5?

Also, back in the day I used Neph colours (?) I think but now that I've updated and stripped back Mame I notice a load of stuff missing
Is there a guide or a 'recommended' colours file for getting as much of Mame working as possible? I notice mention of one in the install but given I recall hunting around before I'm guessing that isn't to go to? Or is it? If it is can I just use the latest from latest release with 6.5?

Sorry for all the questions, I've pretty much forgotten everything from 4 years ago!
(NB, I have everything configured correctly for the right buttons etc so it's the last hurdle I'm interested in!)

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I can't provide support for older versions, but if you're happy with the way it's working and don't need any of the newer features, then you're fine sticking with your current configuration.

--- End quote ---
That's fair enough
I'm not so much looking for support however more a guide on getting mame ROM colours working... I obviously found one back when I originally set up (which led me to the alternate colours file) but I'm struggling to find it now and all roads lead back here!

Basically I don't want to go through every missing game and set up manually...I know I will need to do some, but I'm sure that some that I'm missing have been created, probably just incorrect versions etc

Edit. Also, does LED blinky affect anything outside its own directory? Could I run the latest version and retain the old version as a test in separate locations?

arzoo:

--- Quote from: vaderag on December 12, 2021, 02:52:03 am ---I'm not so much looking for support however more a guide on getting mame ROM colours working... I obviously found one back when I originally set up (which led me to the alternate colours file) but I'm struggling to find it now and all roads lead back here!

Basically I don't want to go through every missing game and set up manually...I know I will need to do some, but I'm sure that some that I'm missing have been created, probably just incorrect versions etc

Edit. Also, does LED blinky affect anything outside its own directory? Could I run the latest version and retain the old version as a test in separate locations?

--- End quote ---

The colors.ini file included with LEDBlinky has not been updated afaik. You can definitely install LEDBlinky to a different folder and run the two versions separately, but not at the same time :)

okerra:
New here, I just bought a nano-led device from ultimarc and I would like to know if it is compatible with the configuration wizard mode in ledblinky and if there is a thread / post dedicated to this specific device. Thanks in advance

gstav:
Is it possible to clear the buttons with a command?
Still struggling with my mamehooker-LEDBlinky-demulshooter combo for elevator Action Death Parade where I think I need to clear the buttons upon load as it works outside rocketlauncher but not launched from it

arzoo:

--- Quote from: okerra on January 11, 2022, 05:30:03 am ---New here, I just bought a nano-led device from ultimarc and I would like to know if it is compatible with the configuration wizard mode in ledblinky and if there is a thread / post dedicated to this specific device. Thanks in advance

--- End quote ---

LEDBlinky does support the nano-LED. I don't know of any thread dedicated to that device. Are you having a specific issue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version