Main > Software Forum

LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2

<< < (367/381) > >>

Karl:
Hi people.
Having an issue I was hoping to get a fresh perspective on.

When I try to run (double click) the LEDBlinkySetup_8_1_0_1.exe file on my arcade machine (cabinet with a PC running WinXP Pro(32bit), I am presented with a notification that "LedblinkySetup_8_1_0_1.exe is not a valid win32 application"

These are the things I've tried with no success.
Downloaded the file again
Right clicked on the file & selected "Run As" then de-selected the option to run the program with restricted access
Re-installed Windows XP (32bit) SP3
Installed Windows XP (64bit) SP1
Ran the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter.exe which only told me I was missing an ini file (which is expected)
Read the setup guide
Searched the internet for solutions

I've run the program on another PC (Win7) & it works fine

Can you think of anything I may be missing?
Thanks - Karl

Fillibabba:
Hello!

Im running Coinops Vert R2, and use LEDBlinky. Hardware is ledpac64.

I have a problem I cant get around or understand.
Every game I start, (mame) it also lits my Y button, telling me its "LEFT". Like first A "FIRE", B "ROLL" Y "LEFT", even though it's 1941.

Image showing what button that should not show, as there are only 2 buttons in 1941. The two top ones are coin/start.

https://ibb.co/yqRJsfb

vaderag:
Hi All,

I've been using LED Blinky happily with my cab for a few years now and am on v6.5
I've decided to go back to square one with my cab for a variety of reasons and was looking at LED Blinky again. I notice we're a few versions on but got a warning when I tried to update (I am free version right now) and nothing in the change logs looked especially needed to me so wondered if there was something I should be aware of or if I'm good sticking with 6.5?

Also, back in the day I used Neph colours (?) I think but now that I've updated and stripped back Mame I notice a load of stuff missing
Is there a guide or a 'recommended' colours file for getting as much of Mame working as possible? I notice mention of one in the install but given I recall hunting around before I'm guessing that isn't to go to? Or is it? If it is can I just use the latest from latest release with 6.5?

Sorry for all the questions, I've pretty much forgotten everything from 4 years ago!
(NB, I have everything configured correctly for the right buttons etc so it's the last hurdle I'm interested in!)

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

arzoo:

--- Quote from: Fillibabba on December 08, 2021, 01:54:13 pm ---Hello!

Im running Coinops Vert R2, and use LEDBlinky. Hardware is ledpac64.

I have a problem I cant get around or understand.
Every game I start, (mame) it also lits my Y button, telling me its "LEFT". Like first A "FIRE", B "ROLL" Y "LEFT", even though it's 1941.

Image showing what button that should not show, as there are only 2 buttons in 1941. The two top ones are coin/start.

https://ibb.co/yqRJsfb

--- End quote ---

You can try the LEDBlinkyTroubleshooter app and see if that can provide an answer. if not, email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log file and I'll take a look.

arzoo:

--- Quote from: vaderag on December 11, 2021, 08:27:20 am ---Hi All,

I've been using LED Blinky happily with my cab for a few years now and am on v6.5
I've decided to go back to square one with my cab for a variety of reasons and was looking at LED Blinky again. I notice we're a few versions on but got a warning when I tried to update (I am free version right now) and nothing in the change logs looked especially needed to me so wondered if there was something I should be aware of or if I'm good sticking with 6.5?

Also, back in the day I used Neph colours (?) I think but now that I've updated and stripped back Mame I notice a load of stuff missing
Is there a guide or a 'recommended' colours file for getting as much of Mame working as possible? I notice mention of one in the install but given I recall hunting around before I'm guessing that isn't to go to? Or is it? If it is can I just use the latest from latest release with 6.5?

Sorry for all the questions, I've pretty much forgotten everything from 4 years ago!
(NB, I have everything configured correctly for the right buttons etc so it's the last hurdle I'm interested in!)

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I can't provide support for older versions, but if you're happy with the way it's working and don't need any of the newer features, then you're fine sticking with your current configuration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version