Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552799 times)

Kaizen777

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2023, 01:39:15 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Master brightness?
« Reply #1640 on: May 30, 2020, 04:26:52 pm »
Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to set a master brightness.  I find that my LEDs are actually TOO bright.  It would be great if there was a slider somewhere or some way to set the ceiling, and everything is adjusted (scaled) based on that ceiling.  Is there any way to do this currently?  Thank you!  =D

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: Master brightness?
« Reply #1641 on: May 30, 2020, 07:02:59 pm »
Hello, I was wondering if there's a way to set a master brightness.  I find that my LEDs are actually TOO bright.  It would be great if there was a slider somewhere or some way to set the ceiling, and everything is adjusted (scaled) based on that ceiling.  Is there any way to do this currently?  Thank you!  =D

Yes, using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap app, on the Edit menu enable the "Color Adjust" options. Then you can set a negative offset value for each port. If you set the same value for all ports, it should have the effect of capping the highest values. It won't be a scaled effect, but it might work for your needs. Give it a try.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Kaizen777

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2023, 01:39:15 pm
Re: Master brightness?
« Reply #1642 on: May 31, 2020, 06:14:12 pm »
That worked perfectly, thank you!  I ended up editing the xml directly using a sweeping find/replace to get it done faster.
I might write a simple program or autohotkey script to change it for me, as I have reasons to have the max intensity vary.
Might tie the script to an ambient light sensor one day as well.
Thank again  =D

Yes, using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap app, on the Edit menu enable the "Color Adjust" options. Then you can set a negative offset value for each port. If you set the same value for all ports, it should have the effect of capping the highest values. It won't be a scaled effect, but it might work for your needs. Give it a try.

Peperami

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2023, 03:23:12 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0
« Reply #1643 on: June 01, 2020, 08:47:36 am »
Ive sent a PM but in case its not read as I know the guys really busy

Ive only really just started playing with LEDBLINKY, im not a young guy and some of this is way above my head lol

Ive got LEDBLINKY Controls Editor on screen now

Ive only got MAME as the emulator and only 5 games are listed in the right hand pane, how do I get the rest of Mames games into this?  Surely its not add one at a time?

Help please :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 08:52:01 am by Peperami »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1644 on: June 01, 2020, 09:25:57 am »
Ive sent a PM but in case its not read as I know the guys really busy

Ive only really just started playing with LEDBLINKY, im not a young guy and some of this is way above my head lol

Ive got LEDBLINKY Controls Editor on screen now

Ive only got MAME as the emulator and only 5 games are listed in the right hand pane, how do I get the rest of Mames games into this?  Surely its not add one at a time?

Help please :)

Hi, I responded to your pm, but I'll post here also; LEDBlinky uses the controls.ini and mame.xml files to get the complete list of mame games, so there's no need to add them using the Controls Editor. The only reason to import a mame game into the Controls Editor is if you wish to change the button colors or spoken action. The Controls Editor is primarily used for non-mame emulator configuration.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2020, 10:45:36 pm
« Reply #1645 on: June 06, 2020, 10:44:33 pm »
Hi,
Are my Launchbox front end controls supposed to light up and remain lit upon powering on the computer and throughout the loading of windows?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1646 on: June 07, 2020, 09:28:38 am »
Hi,
Are my Launchbox front end controls supposed to light up and remain lit upon powering on the computer and throughout the loading of windows?

If LEDs are lighting up when your PC first powers on and as Windows boots, then this would have to be caused by your LED controller hardware. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1647 on: June 07, 2020, 09:29:16 am »
Hi,

If LEDs are lighting up when your PC first powers on and as Windows boots, then this would have to be caused by your LED controller hardware. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer for support with configuring the hardware/firmware.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

leojhartiv

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2024, 02:05:25 pm
« Reply #1648 on: June 07, 2020, 05:53:27 pm »
I’m trying to get my LedBlinky/iPAC Ultimate setup to work correctly with Launchbox -> MAME to launch starwars.zip.  I have the mame controls setup to use my analog joystick and a push bottom mapped to mouse one, but mouse buttons don’t seem to be an input option for mame games in ledblinky. Is there a preferred way to add them?  Thanks!

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2022, 10:20:34 am
  • Completed - Tron Legacy
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,162637.0.html
« Reply #1649 on: June 19, 2020, 11:20:07 pm »
Hi Arzoo!

First off, I love LED Blinky. I even had fun just setting up all the LEDs.  ;D   I'm experiencing two weird bugs, though. 

1. When speaking the button actions, the voice cuts out for a second or so as it's reading some of the actions.  It's not always in the same spot either.  e.g. for SF2CE, it might say, "light punch, m..  punch,  heavy punch, ... dium kick, heavy kick"
and
2. The buttons don't speak or blink when I pause the game, even though that box is checked.

I'm running only MAME .198, and Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1650 on: June 20, 2020, 11:03:27 am »
Hi Arzoo!

First off, I love LED Blinky. I even had fun just setting up all the LEDs.  ;D   I'm experiencing two weird bugs, though. 

1. When speaking the button actions, the voice cuts out for a second or so as it's reading some of the actions.  It's not always in the same spot either.  e.g. for SF2CE, it might say, "light punch, m..  punch,  heavy punch, ... dium kick, heavy kick"
and
2. The buttons don't speak or blink when I pause the game, even though that box is checked.

I'm running only MAME .198, and Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

When the spoken actions cut out, does it completely stop speaking the rest of the actions for the game? If that's the case then you want to turn off the Abort Speech Any Key option. But if it's clipping each individual spoken action then I'm thinking is has something to do with Windows TTS functionality (which LEDBlinky uses). I've never heard of that specific issue and I don't know what to suggest, sorry.

For the second issue, check out this support link.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1651 on: June 20, 2020, 08:26:42 pm »

When the spoken actions cut out, does it completely stop speaking the rest of the actions for the game? If that's the case then you want to turn off the Abort Speech Any Key option. But if it's clipping each individual spoken action then I'm thinking is has something to do with Windows TTS functionality (which LEDBlinky uses). I've never heard of that specific issue and I don't know what to suggest, sorry.

For the second issue, check out this support link.

Thanks for the reply, Arzoo.  Unfortunately, it is not aborting speech altogether, it is clipping sound in the middle (usually starting around 2 seconds and lasting for 1-2 seconds).  I've noticed that it is roughly about the time my servostik adjusts (whether it's moving between 4-way and 8-way, or just "readjusting" itself to 8-way like it does each time).  So I had considered the possibility that something from RocketLauncher was causing an interrupt, but none of the settings stood out to me.

Regarding the "not speaking at pause" issue, the output is set to Windows already. However, when running MAMEOutputTest.exe, there seems to be nothing getting through to the test window.  The LEDBlinky error log didn't generate anything either.  :(

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1652 on: June 20, 2020, 08:40:26 pm »

As a workaround, I've used the prefix "These will be your game controls controls controls controls controls". The last 4 "controls" seem to take up the exact time of the TTS silencing.   So, it's not ideal, but it's better than before.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1653 on: June 20, 2020, 08:52:18 pm »

As a workaround, I've used the prefix "These will be your game controls controls controls controls controls". The last 4 "controls" seem to take up the exact time of the TTS silencing.   So, it's not ideal, but it's better than before.

So basically adding a delay between the spoken prefix and the rest of the spoken commands solves the problem? That's so strange.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1654 on: June 21, 2020, 01:39:09 pm »

So basically adding a delay between the spoken prefix and the rest of the spoken commands solves the problem? That's so strange.

Yeah. Sometimes I'll hear an extra "con..."  or a "...ols" so i turned off the spoken prefix and just added the delayed start option down below that. I found that a 6 second delay is good to avoid the TTS silencing, and still fits well for the player's experience since the ROMs are usually still loading up for at least that long.  But yeah, very weird.

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1655 on: June 22, 2020, 08:40:01 pm »
Hey, Arzoo.  One last question for you.  I have two buttons on my CP that I am planning to dedicate as volume up and down.  Is there a way to keep these lit on the FE and within each game? 

Would this possibly be considered a "cabinet button" which would work if I paid for the full version?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1656 on: June 23, 2020, 08:33:57 am »
Hey, Arzoo.  One last question for you.  I have two buttons on my CP that I am planning to dedicate as volume up and down.  Is there a way to keep these lit on the FE and within each game? 

Would this possibly be considered a "cabinet button" which would work if I paid for the full version?

For the FE, you can create a single frame animation (using the Animation Editor) that lights up your FE buttons and the Volume buttons, then just set that as your "FE Active Animation". You can do the same for the "Game Play Animation", but create an animation that only lights the Volume buttons.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JRobATL

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1657 on: June 23, 2020, 04:01:51 pm »

For the FE, you can create a single frame animation (using the Animation Editor) that lights up your FE buttons and the Volume buttons, then just set that as your "FE Active Animation". You can do the same for the "Game Play Animation", but create an animation that only lights the Volume buttons.

Thanks again, Arzoo. I'll be paying for the full version. It sounds like it has everything I'm looking for.

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #1658 on: June 30, 2020, 03:29:00 pm »
Just an idea. It would be nice to be able to assign a led animation to a control instead of a single on/off led light.
I.e: I have 8 leds for each of my 2 rotary joysticks and they light up in 4, 8 or diagonal modes, so a clock/counterclock wise animation for the rotary mode would be really fantastic.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1659 on: June 30, 2020, 06:31:13 pm »
Just an idea. It would be nice to be able to assign a led animation to a control instead of a single on/off led light.
I.e: I have 8 leds for each of my 2 rotary joysticks and they light up in 4, 8 or diagonal modes, so a clock/counterclock wise animation for the rotary mode would be really fantastic.

You should be able to do that no problem with the animation editor. The question is when do you want the animation to run. I'm assuming not during game play because that's when you would want the LEDs to indicate the valid joystick positions. But you could run it when the FE is active or for the screen saver, or even on game start.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1660 on: June 30, 2020, 08:43:16 pm »
You should be able to do that no problem with the animation editor. The question is when do you want the animation to run. I'm assuming not during game play because that's when you would want the LEDs to indicate the valid joystick positions. But you could run it when the FE is active or for the screen saver, or even on game start.

Yes when the game starts and the buttons blink. It would be great to have an option in Ledblinky's controls editor for that.
I.e. in the common controls tab, there could be an option to choose an animation file instead of a led (Rgb-color and single intensity).
Here's a montage I made to give you an idea of what I mean:

Anyway, it's just an idea.  :cheers:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1661 on: June 30, 2020, 11:07:59 pm »
Yes when the game starts and the buttons blink. It would be great to have an option in Ledblinky's controls editor for that.
I.e. in the common controls tab, there could be an option to choose an animation file instead of a led (Rgb-color and single intensity).

I understand now, not a bad idea. I'll add that the the request list. Thanks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1662 on: July 01, 2020, 04:39:43 am »
Many thanks Arzoo  :applaud:

Trnzaddict

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2023, 12:12:29 pm
« Reply #1663 on: July 01, 2020, 01:07:49 pm »
Hi Arzoo -

So I am running into an issue here. I am on the latest version of LEDBlinky. I was under the impression that as long as in the controls editor your system name contains the word “MAME” it will treat it as such parsing colors & Controls.ini, etc.

Well I need to change the name of “MAME” to “MAME Favorites” because of a system name conflict in Rlauncher. However when I do that and go to my MAME Favorites wheel in HyperSpin, LEDBlinky seems to ignore colors.ini and lights the buttons generic white. It also ignores my default colors for player one which is red and player 2 which is blue. It will also ignore any custom MAME ROMs I added in the right.

Any idea why this is happening?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1664 on: July 01, 2020, 01:55:03 pm »
Hi Arzoo -

So I am running into an issue here. I am on the latest version of LEDBlinky. I was under the impression that as long as in the controls editor your system name contains the word “MAME” it will treat it as such parsing colors & Controls.ini, etc.

Well I need to change the name of “MAME” to “MAME Favorites” because of a system name conflict in Rlauncher. However when I do that and go to my MAME Favorites wheel in HyperSpin, LEDBlinky seems to ignore colors.ini and lights the buttons generic white. It also ignores my default colors for player one which is red and player 2 which is blue. It will also ignore any custom MAME ROMs I added in the right.

Any idea why this is happening?

The name of the emulator in the controls editor must match what RL is passing to LEDBlinky. You can use the Import->Unknown Games menu (Controls Editor) to see which game/emus LEDBlinky is being passed that don't match. You can also give the Troubleshooter app a try, it may help. If you can't figure it out, run with the Debug Log on and email me the debug.zip file so I can take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1665 on: July 03, 2020, 05:58:43 am »
Hi Arzoo,

after upgrading LEDBlinky to 7.1.0 all executables are no longer working, sometimes they disappear suddenly, sometimes they crash with an error in "ntdll.dll".
When I restore the folder with 7.0.4.0, everything works flawlessly. Do you have any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1666 on: July 03, 2020, 10:54:39 am »
Hi Arzoo,

after upgrading LEDBlinky to 7.1.0 all executables are no longer working, sometimes they disappear suddenly, sometimes they crash with an error in "ntdll.dll".
When I restore the folder with 7.0.4.0, everything works flawlessly. Do you have any idea why?

Thanks in advance!

If the .exe's are disappearing then this sounds like your security software is deleting or quarantining them maybe? I use Norton which can classify the LEDBlinky apps as "unknown" and will sometimes flag them. Not sure what ntdll is but that's not a file used by LEDBlinky.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1667 on: July 04, 2020, 02:39:25 am »
Thanks for your answer! No, actually they are not disappearing, the application window close immediately after starting, sorry my language mistake  ;)
Is there any other runtime needed in 7.1.0?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1668 on: July 04, 2020, 08:54:39 am »
Thanks for your answer! No, actually they are not disappearing, the application window close immediately after starting, sorry my language mistake  ;)
Is there any other runtime needed in 7.1.0?

No additional runtime is needed. Is it just LEDBlinky.exe that is not working or do none of the .exe's work? For example, is the LEDBlinkyConifig.exe working? If the config app is working, can you turn on the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab). If the config app is not working, edit the settings.ini (use any text editor) and set LogFile=Debug.log under the [OtherSettings] section. Then run LEDBlinky without your front-end (just double-click LEDBlinky.exe). Check to see if there's a debug.log file. If so, please email it to me, thanks.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:36:35 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1669 on: July 04, 2020, 01:54:45 pm »
No, none of the executables work. BUT... I installed v7.1.0 on another very similar PC and the version works like a charm, so something must be wrong on the first PC. I guess, it's time to reinstall it..
Thanks for your help, I will report, when the work is done!

cgrisamore

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 03:04:44 pm
« Reply #1670 on: July 04, 2020, 03:08:26 pm »
ntdll.dll is a Windows system file.  Windows has the ability to repair corrupt files so before you do a complete reinstall it might be worth a try.

open a cmd prompt as administrator

type sfc /scannow

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1671 on: July 04, 2020, 03:42:45 pm »
No, none of the executables work. BUT... I installed v7.1.0 on another very similar PC and the version works like a charm, so something must be wrong on the first PC. I guess, it's time to reinstall it..
Thanks for your help, I will report, when the work is done!

Before rebuilding the PC, there's one quick thing you could try; v7.1 added code to detect game controllers (joysticks). I'm wondering if the windows library that handles the game controller data is the issue, or maybe the joystick firmware? Does the system have any game controllers/joysticks connected? If so, manually edit the settings.ini and under the [OtherSettings] section set DetectJoysticks=0. See if that makes a difference.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1672 on: July 05, 2020, 08:27:07 am »
Before rebuilding the PC, there's one quick thing you could try; v7.1 added code to detect game controllers (joysticks). I'm wondering if the windows library that handles the game controller data is the issue, or maybe the joystick firmware? Does the system have any game controllers/joysticks connected? If so, manually edit the settings.ini and under the [OtherSettings] section set DetectJoysticks=0. See if that makes a difference.
Jackpot! I have two U360 joysticks in my pedestal, setting DetectJoysticks=0 makes all executables work again!
Thanks Arzoo! :D

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1673 on: July 05, 2020, 03:10:33 pm »
Jackpot! I have two U360 joysticks in my pedestal, setting DetectJoysticks=0 makes all executables work again!
Thanks Arzoo! :D

I just did a quick test with a U360 on a Win10 system and didn't have any errors or issues. Maybe your U3060s need firmware update? Regardless, you should be fine with joystick detection disabled unless you want to use one of the U360 directions (u/d/l/r) to abort speech (which I doubt).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1674 on: July 06, 2020, 03:38:21 am »
I just did a quick test with a U360 on a Win10 system and didn't have any errors or issues. Maybe your U3060s need firmware update? Regardless, you should be fine with joystick detection disabled unless you want to use one of the U360 directions (u/d/l/r) to abort speech (which I doubt).
No, I do not want to use this function, so it is OK for me. I now tried again to enable joystick detection and as soon as I have connected one U360, the executables stop working.
I will try to contact Andy, if there is a new firmware for them!

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1675 on: July 08, 2020, 03:01:15 am »
Update: Since my U360 joysticks are quite old (2015) the PCB is not updateable, I ordered two new PCBs as replacement part, maybe they work better together with LEDBlinky.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1676 on: July 08, 2020, 08:21:34 am »
Update: Since my U360 joysticks are quite old (2015) the PCB is not updateable, I ordered two new PCBs as replacement part, maybe they work better together with LEDBlinky.

Your older u360 should work fine with LEDBlinky for setting the digital restriction (if you use that feature). Setting DetectJoysticks=0 will not effect the digital restriction features, it only prevents LEDBlinky from detecting joystick input codes used for aborting speech and a few other configuration conveniences.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Ginsonic

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #1677 on: July 08, 2020, 08:40:33 am »
Thanks Arzoo! Yes, it currently works, but I am only curious, if the new PCB brings any changes when enabling "DetectJoysticks".
One only costs approximately 20$, so I decided to order them.

scheerce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2020, 09:55:54 am
« Reply #1678 on: July 11, 2020, 06:27:17 pm »
Hello everybody.  Wondering if this will work.  I have a directory D:\Arcade containing launchbox/bigbox + MAME and all my games.  LEDBlinky is installed in c:\ and works perfectly, the bezels work perfectly, the games work, the joystick changes for 4-way or 8-way games.  Everything is perfect.  I don't want to touch it.

I have a second directory D:\Console which contains a second launchbox/bigbox + Retroarch + NES/SNES/Sega.  I also have N64/PS1/GC but those are not under Retroarch.  I have a CFG for each emulator (NES/SNES/Sega) for the controller layout/etc.  The games work, bezels work, everything is great, except LEDBlinky.   

I have been trying to figure out LEDBlinky.  I have read the doc, watched Maverick's arcade, etc.  I know i have to do manual LEDBLinky for the console stuff in the controls editor.  I have a layout of the joystick/LED-Buttons done in LedBlinky.  However, with it in a different directory, will the single c:\LEDBlinky work for both my MAME and the console stuff?  Since LEDBlinky is actually a .exe installer vs a 7zip like launchbox/bigbox/mame/retroarch I am not sure if i could get away with a second install just for the console stuff.

Any other ideas on how to get this to work?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1679 on: July 11, 2020, 08:44:07 pm »
Hello everybody.  Wondering if this will work.  I have a directory D:\Arcade containing launchbox/bigbox + MAME and all my games.  LEDBlinky is installed in c:\ and works perfectly, the bezels work perfectly, the games work, the joystick changes for 4-way or 8-way games.  Everything is perfect.  I don't want to touch it.

I have a second directory D:\Console which contains a second launchbox/bigbox + Retroarch + NES/SNES/Sega.  I also have N64/PS1/GC but those are not under Retroarch.  I have a CFG for each emulator (NES/SNES/Sega) for the controller layout/etc.  The games work, bezels work, everything is great, except LEDBlinky.   

I have been trying to figure out LEDBlinky.  I have read the doc, watched Maverick's arcade, etc.  I know i have to do manual LEDBLinky for the console stuff in the controls editor.  I have a layout of the joystick/LED-Buttons done in LedBlinky.  However, with it in a different directory, will the single c:\LEDBlinky work for both my MAME and the console stuff?  Since LEDBlinky is actually a .exe installer vs a 7zip like launchbox/bigbox/mame/retroarch I am not sure if i could get away with a second install just for the console stuff.

Any other ideas on how to get this to work?

You should be able to use a single install for LEDBlinky with two instances of LB/BB (each pointing to the same LEDBlinky.exe), or you could install LEDBlinky twice into two different locations, either way would work. Probably easier to have a single install for LEDBlinky. As for why your second LB/BB instance is not working with LEDBlinky, are you sure the FE is sending commands to LEDBlinky? I can't really help with your FE configuration, but for me to help with the LEDBlinky config I'll need you to turn on the Debug Log option (misc options tab), run LB/BB and some games, then email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log files.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction