Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 552973 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0
« Reply #1600 on: December 07, 2019, 10:15:19 pm »
Just to be clear, in my Inputmap, COIN1 -> CUSTOM1, START1 -> CUSTOM2, COIN2 -> CUSTOM3, START2 -> CUSTOM4.

With any non MAME system I can use my CUSTOM buttons in any layout and set the order I want them to be spoken.

For MAME games, my CUSTOM buttons don't show up under CONTROLS. I continue to use COIN1 and START1 and it works correctly as it's based on key maps.  So I can't have Coin and Start spoken first under MAME, but it's not terribly important. It was important for other emus as what would normally be coin and start buttons, are used for other console's admin type functions. I'm happy with how it works.

One remaining question I have is how does LEDBlinky handle analog to digital keys in MAME.
The mame.xml doesn't include information on these buttons and since you can't add input keys for MAME games in Controls Editor, curious how it's handled.

The input map port labels are not used to determine which ports light up. It's the input codes that matter. This support link may help.

I'm not sure I understand your second question - can you elaborate, maybe provide a game as an example?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Headrush69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:18:56 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1601 on: December 07, 2019, 11:56:48 pm »

The input map port labels are not used to determine which ports light up. It's the input codes that matter. This support link may help.

I'm not sure I understand your second question - can you elaborate, maybe provide a game as an example?
I understand about the input port labels, I just meant when I used the name P1COIN and P1START as labels, Controls Editor would automatically set the spoken words and unable to edit. Using custom labels bypasssed that.

The second one is a little complex but I'll try to explain using ikari as an example. (Player 1 only)

Ikari has the following inputs: Up, Down, Left, Right, Button 1, Button 2, Positional Analog, Positional Analog Inc, Positional Analog Dec.

My mapping within MAME has my physical button 3 set to Positional Analog Inc and my physical button 5 set to Positional Analog Dec. In Controls Editor I must pick P1_BUTTON5 to have the right button lite. Unlike "normal" MAME buttons, it doesn't appear to map using inputs. Unless I'm missing something it seems for any analog to digital buttons, I've had to do that.

From my debug log,you can see those analog to digital maps are passed as BUTTON3 and BUTTON4 and those actual keys are correct, but within mame, BUTTON4 (Positional Analog Dec) is actually mapped to BUTTON5 a different key input.. Left Shift.

Code: [Select]
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] ROM/Game: [IKARI] Controls: [MAME-IKARI]
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] Control List for IKARI: |P1_JOYSTICK_UP|P1_BUTTON1|P1_BUTTON2|P1_BUTTON3|P1_BUTTON4|START1|COIN1|P2_JOYSTICK_UP|P2_BUTTON1|P2_BUTTON2|P2_BUTTON3|P2_BUTTON5|START2|COIN2|<AA>UI_CANCEL|CONTROL_JOY8WAY&DIAL
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] Control Speech List for IKARI: |Move|Shoot|Grenade|Rotate|Rotate|Start Game|Insert Coin|Move|Shoot|Grenade|Rotate|Rotate|Start Game|Insert Coin||
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_JOYSTICK_UP (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_UP
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON1 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_C
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON2 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_V
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON3 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_Z
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON4 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_X
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:08:35 am by Headrush69 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1602 on: December 08, 2019, 10:53:54 am »
I understand about the input port labels, I just meant when I used the name P1COIN and P1START as labels, Controls Editor would automatically set the spoken words and unable to edit. Using custom labels bypasssed that.

The second one is a little complex but I'll try to explain using ikari as an example. (Player 1 only)

Ikari has the following inputs: Up, Down, Left, Right, Button 1, Button 2, Positional Analog, Positional Analog Inc, Positional Analog Dec.

My mapping within MAME has my physical button 3 set to Positional Analog Inc and my physical button 5 set to Positional Analog Dec. In Controls Editor I must pick P1_BUTTON5 to have the right button lite. Unlike "normal" MAME buttons, it doesn't appear to map using inputs. Unless I'm missing something it seems for any analog to digital buttons, I've had to do that.

From my debug log,you can see those analog to digital maps are passed as BUTTON3 and BUTTON4 and those actual keys are correct, but within mame, BUTTON4 (Positional Analog Dec) is actually mapped to BUTTON5 a different key input.. Left Shift.

Code: [Select]
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] ROM/Game: [IKARI] Controls: [MAME-IKARI]
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] Control List for IKARI: |P1_JOYSTICK_UP|P1_BUTTON1|P1_BUTTON2|P1_BUTTON3|P1_BUTTON4|START1|COIN1|P2_JOYSTICK_UP|P2_BUTTON1|P2_BUTTON2|P2_BUTTON3|P2_BUTTON5|START2|COIN2|<AA>UI_CANCEL|CONTROL_JOY8WAY&DIAL
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] Control Speech List for IKARI: |Move|Shoot|Grenade|Rotate|Rotate|Start Game|Insert Coin|Move|Shoot|Grenade|Rotate|Rotate|Start Game|Insert Coin||
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_JOYSTICK_UP (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_UP
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON1 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_C
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON2 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_V
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON3 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_Z
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON4 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_X

The log shows LEDBlinky is using the inputs for all four P1 buttons from the mame default.cfg file (MAME-ALLGAMES). That would indicate it's not finding those buttons in the ikari.cfg file. If you email me your ikari.cfg and also your debug.zip files, I should be able to see what's going on and we can figure this out.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 08:18:56 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1603 on: December 08, 2019, 02:04:18 pm »
The log shows LEDBlinky is using the inputs for all four P1 buttons from the mame default.cfg file (MAME-ALLGAMES). That would indicate it's not finding those buttons in the ikari.cfg file. If you email me your ikari.cfg and also your debug.zip files, I should be able to see what's going on and we can figure this out.
Thanks, I have emailed the files.

That's exactly the issue I'm seeing. If the MAME game.cfg has a remapped button for an analog to digital button it is not read/used by LEDBlinky.
If I remap the BUTTON1 in the same game, the LEDBlinky log shows that it read from ikari.cfg.

tvsian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2022, 10:32:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1604 on: February 10, 2020, 02:57:22 pm »
Just a quick question. I'm using an iPac Ultimate in my cabinet, and I recently upgraded the firmware on it to the new multi-mode one (I've been trying to use gamepad mode for Windows games, and it was a bit flaky on the old firmware).

Since then, when it's in mode 2 or 4 (the two DInput modes), LEDBlinky doesn't recognize it. I already checked with Ultimarc since the notes mentioned LEDs wouldn't work with XInput modes but no mention of DInput, and was told there was an LEDBlinky update in progress or possibly released that would make it work again.

Since 7.0.2 doesn't seem to be the version where it works, I just wanted to make sure that was accurate info, and there is something coming to get that working. Not asking for an ETA, just making sure it's on the radar.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1605 on: February 10, 2020, 03:11:52 pm »
Just a quick question. I'm using an iPac Ultimate in my cabinet, and I recently upgraded the firmware on it to the new multi-mode one (I've been trying to use gamepad mode for Windows games, and it was a bit flaky on the old firmware).

Since then, when it's in mode 2 or 4 (the two DInput modes), LEDBlinky doesn't recognize it. I already checked with Ultimarc since the notes mentioned LEDs wouldn't work with XInput modes but no mention of DInput, and was told there was an LEDBlinky update in progress or possibly released that would make it work again.

Since 7.0.2 doesn't seem to be the version where it works, I just wanted to make sure that was accurate info, and there is something coming to get that working. Not asking for an ETA, just making sure it's on the radar.

Yes, the next LEDBlinky release (7.0.3) will support the UIO gamepad mode. The update should be released in a week or so. If you would like this sooner, send me an email and I'll get you a patched version.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
« Reply #1606 on: March 22, 2020, 04:42:32 pm »
Hi Arzo,

I'm having a couple of issues with Ledblinky:

#1 I'm using Hyperspin & Rocketlauncher. The controls for each system and game light up as intended, but after exiting a game and returning to Hyperspin, the game controls stay lighted until I move a Joystick or press a button and only then the Frontend controls get lighted.
I already have the "Hyperlaunch or Rocketlauncher used to run MAME or other emulators" box checked.
The curious thing is that if I uncheck that option, all works fine, at least with Mame, but other emus go back to the Frontend control-lights.

#2 In the Controls Editor I can only test one game config at a time and then I have to restart the editor cause after the first one, the app behaves erratically (No voice output, incorrect controls...).

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1607 on: March 22, 2020, 06:47:28 pm »
Hi Arzo,

I'm having a couple of issues with Ledblinky:

#1 I'm using Hyperspin & Rocketlauncher. The controls for each system and game light up as intended, but after exiting a game and returning to Hyperspin, the game controls stay lighted until I move a Joystick or press a button and only then the Frontend controls get lighted.
I already have the "Hyperlaunch or Rocketlauncher used to run MAME or other emulators" box checked.
The curious thing is that if I uncheck that option, all works fine, at least with Mame, but other emus go back to the Frontend control-lights.

#2 In the Controls Editor I can only test one game config at a time and then I have to restart the editor cause after the first one, the app behaves erratically (No voice output, incorrect controls...).

For issue #1, this is a problem with Hyperspin/RL where the front-end is sending LEDBlinky a false GameQuit command right after a game launches and then does not send a valid GameQuit command when the game is actually quit. With the "Use RocketLauncher" option enabled, LEDBlinky tries to work around the issue by checking if RL is still in memory to determine if the GameQuit command is false. Then what happens is the game controls remain lit (even though the game is over and the FE is active) until any other FE event occurs (like changing the list), and then LEDBlinky switches back to the FE controls. The only way this will work as expected is if the FE is updated to correctly send the GameQuit command. I believe others have worked around this issue using an AHK script to launch LEDBlinky, but I'm not sure on the details. You can search the Hyperspin forum.

For issue #2, this is the first I've heard of what you are describing. I'll have to do some testing to see if I can replicate the problem.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1608 on: March 23, 2020, 12:13:49 am »

For issue #1, this is a problem with Hyperspin/RL where the front-end is sending LEDBlinky a false GameQuit command right after a game launches and then does not send a valid GameQuit command when the game is actually quit. With the "Use RocketLauncher" option enabled, LEDBlinky tries to work around the issue by checking if RL is still in memory to determine if the GameQuit command is false. Then what happens is the game controls remain lit (even though the game is over and the FE is active) until any other FE event occurs (like changing the list), and then LEDBlinky switches back to the FE controls. The only way this will work as expected is if the FE is updated to correctly send the GameQuit command. I believe others have worked around this issue using an AHK script to launch LEDBlinky, but I'm not sure on the details. You can search the Hyperspin forum.

For issue #2, this is the first I've heard of what you are describing. I'll have to do some testing to see if I can replicate the problem.

Ok. I understand now. Many thanks for your quick reply arzoo.
I'll have a look at the RL modules and see if I can sort it out...

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1609 on: March 23, 2020, 08:37:09 am »

Can you email me your debug.log file so I can see what's up with the controls editor test. Thanks.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1610 on: March 23, 2020, 03:49:10 pm »
Can you email me your debug.log file so I can see what's up with the controls editor test. Thanks.

Sure.
I've also uploaded a video to Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/m2yaEANnxGw

Edit: Ok. Log file deleted.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:41:46 pm by Sky25es »

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1611 on: March 24, 2020, 10:09:28 pm »
Ok. I've found a (dirty) solution to the first issue (Frontend control leds). It's far from ideal but it's better tan nothing.

Here is the my little HOWTO just in case someone else needs it:

Download the attached AHK script file (Ledblunk.zip), unzip it (Ledblunk.ahk), edit it with any text editor (Notepad is fine) and change the default "Ledblinky" directory to match yours.

Save the file and place it in your main "Rocketlauncher" directory.

Now, for each emulator that you wanna launch with "Rocketlauncher" you need to edit the corresponding modules.
You can find each of them in your Rocketlauncher/Modules/(System) folders. i.e. "C:\RocketLauncher\Modules\MAME"

Edit the Emu's AHK file. For Mame in this case: MAME.ahk

Look for the following text at the file's header MCRC :=, iCRC := and MID := and delete all the characters inside the quotes:
MCRC := ""
iCRC := ""
MID := ""

Now go to the end of the file and add the following line before the last "Return": Run, Ledblunk.ahk
Example:

Run, Ledblunk.ahk
Return

That's all  :)

Edit: I made a small change:

- Added a Blockkey command in order to avoid problems.

Please download the file again.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:23:41 pm by Sky25es »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1612 on: March 25, 2020, 01:52:13 pm »
Ok. I've found a (dirty) solution to the first issue (Frontend control leds). It's far from ideal but it's better tan nothing.

Here is the my little HOWTO just in case someone else needs it:

Download the attached AHK script file (Ledblunk.zip), unzip it (Ledblunk.ahk), edit it with any text editor (Notepad is fine) and change the default "Ledblinky" directory to match yours.

Save the file and place it in your main "Rocketlauncher" directory.

Now, for each emulator that you wanna launch with "Rocketlauncher" you need to edit the corresponding modules.
You can find each of them in your Rocketlauncher/Modules/(System) folders. i.e. "C:\RocketLauncher\Modules\MAME"

Edit the Emu's AHK file. For Mame in this case: MAME.ahk

Look for the following text at the file's header MCRC :=, iCRC := and MID := and delete all the characters inside the quotes:
MCRC := ""
iCRC := ""
MID := ""

Now go to the end of the file and add the following line before the last "Return": Run, Ledblunk.ahk
Example:

Run, Ledblunk.ahk
Return

That's all  :)

So basically what this solution does is use an AHK script to launch the emulator and then send LEDBlinky a GameQuit command 2 seconds after the emulator closes, correct?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1613 on: March 25, 2020, 09:22:51 pm »
So basically what this solution does is use an AHK script to launch the emulator and then send LEDBlinky a GameQuit command 2 seconds after the emulator closes, correct?

Yes. That's the idea.  ;)

Btw.: I just modified the AHK script. I added a Blockkey command in order to avoid starting a new game before the Gamequit command is sent and thus sending such command to the newly loaded game.

I know it's not the best method, but hey, it works at least...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:25:13 pm by Sky25es »

shitoken

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2023, 03:00:53 am
« Reply #1614 on: March 26, 2020, 02:07:11 am »
How can I stop LEDBlinky to run whenever my windows start?
I want Ledblinky to start when I launch Hyperspin. I am using EDS with Hypermarques. Each time I need to open ledblinky editor and close to disable the lights if I am just using windows

Tapatalk を使用して私の MIX から送信

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1615 on: March 26, 2020, 10:57:28 am »
I want Ledblinky to start when I launch Hyperspin. I am using EDS with Hypermarques. Each time I need to open ledblinky editor and close to disable the lights if I am just using windows

LEDBlinky never starts on it's own - some other application must be sending the LEDBlinky start command when Windows starts. You'll need to figure out what apps are starting with Windows and which one is starting LEDBlinky.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

brutusbuckeye1996

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2020, 06:43:01 pm
« Reply #1616 on: March 28, 2020, 08:15:45 pm »
Looking for some help getting LED Blinky to work with MAME.
I have hyperspin installed, using rocketlauncher to start Mame64.
LEDBlinky is integrated, and everything works at front end launch, when front end is active, when I close front end, etc.  All the buttons light up per the selected animation, etc.
But whenever I select a game to play, Mame starts, and all buttons go dark.
I have confirmed the colors.ini file, and also used the command to create the mame.xml file (as shown on LEDBlinly website).
I have double checked configurations, to make sure the files paths are all pointed to correctly in LEDBlinky.
No errors are logged when I quit the front end.
I am unsure what to do next.
I am not a programmer, so I'm not able to go in and debug or look for small things that may be causing this.
Any help is greatly appreciated.  If I can get the buttons to light up for the Mame games, my cabinet is done.
Thanks!

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2020, 10:45:36 pm
« Reply #1617 on: April 16, 2020, 03:52:34 pm »
has anyone gotten World Class Bowling Deluxe to light the trackball up the 4 different ball colors on each player's turn 1-4 (alternating)?
I'm thinking no since MAME only has control options for players 1 and 2 for this game for some reason.  I don't know much about the software except i saw you can configure each player but does it change for alternating games on the same controls?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1618 on: April 16, 2020, 04:28:48 pm »
Looking for some help getting LED Blinky to work with MAME.
I have hyperspin installed, using rocketlauncher to start Mame64.
LEDBlinky is integrated, and everything works at front end launch, when front end is active, when I close front end, etc.  All the buttons light up per the selected animation, etc.
But whenever I select a game to play, Mame starts, and all buttons go dark.
I have confirmed the colors.ini file, and also used the command to create the mame.xml file (as shown on LEDBlinly website).
I have double checked configurations, to make sure the files paths are all pointed to correctly in LEDBlinky.
No errors are logged when I quit the front end.
I am unsure what to do next.
I am not a programmer, so I'm not able to go in and debug or look for small things that may be causing this.
Any help is greatly appreciated.  If I can get the buttons to light up for the Mame games, my cabinet is done.
Thanks!

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this sooner. If you're still having problems, enable the Debug Log option (misc options tab), run RL and a few games, then email me back with the debug.zip and/or debug.log file.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1619 on: April 16, 2020, 04:34:52 pm »
has anyone gotten World Class Bowling Deluxe to light the trackball up the 4 different ball colors on each player's turn 1-4 (alternating)?
I'm thinking no since MAME only has control options for players 1 and 2 for this game for some reason.  I don't know much about the software except i saw you can configure each player but does it change for alternating games on the same controls?

The only way for LEDBlinky to change the trackball (or any button) color when alternating players would be if the ROM sends a mame output signal when the players change. It's possible some games/roms do this but I don't know of any off hand. You can use the LEDBlinkyOutputTest app and see what outputs are provided by World Class Bowling, and if it does send an output signal on player alternation, then LEDBlinky could theoretically change the trackball color.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1620 on: April 16, 2020, 07:49:13 pm »
oh i don't even have anything installed or the led stuff hooked up.  i tried to run it and make a fake port but that did nothing. The mame output program spit some stuff out i don't understand. what does an output signal look like?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1621 on: April 16, 2020, 08:51:23 pm »
oh i don't even have anything installed or the led stuff hooked up.  i tried to run it and make a fake port but that did nothing. The mame output program spit some stuff out i don't understand. what does an output signal look like?

The outputs are labeled differently for each game, but typically you'll see things like LAMP0 or LAMP1 or LED0 etc. In your case you would want to see some value show up whenever you alternate players.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

shitoken

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2023, 03:00:53 am
« Reply #1622 on: April 16, 2020, 09:54:59 pm »

LEDBlinky never starts on it's own - some other application must be sending the LEDBlinky start command when Windows starts. You'll need to figure out what apps are starting with Windows and which one is starting LEDBlinky.
Sorry for my late reply. I will check this out.

ginkgoblue

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2020, 01:49:02 pm
« Reply #1623 on: April 18, 2020, 08:44:37 am »
Ok. I’ve exhausted myself trying to figure this out before coming here. I had a hyperspin setup in that was working flawlessly (for the most part) with LEDBlinky. Spent a few years getting it right....

Then. The hard drive crashed and I have to start from scratch. I don’t have the time to do it all over again, so I went with a retroFE setup. Much simpler than hyperspin and almost as cool. 

But I cannot for the life of me get my LEDs to light at all, during the FE or during games. Any help???
Build in progress

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1624 on: April 18, 2020, 11:22:45 am »
Ok. I’ve exhausted myself trying to figure this out before coming here. I had a hyperspin setup in that was working flawlessly (for the most part) with LEDBlinky. Spent a few years getting it right....

Then. The hard drive crashed and I have to start from scratch. I don’t have the time to do it all over again, so I went with a retroFE setup. Much simpler than hyperspin and almost as cool. 

But I cannot for the life of me get my LEDs to light at all, during the FE or during games. Any help???

I'm not familiar with RetroFE but for MAME LEDBlinky can work with any front-end; LEDBlinky has a feature that uses mame outputs to signal when each game starts and stops. For other emulators, RetroFE would need the capability to execute scripts or commands on events such as FE start, game start, game stop, etc. If it can be configured to send commands with parameters (emulator and rom name), then theoretically it should be able to control LEDBlinky. The LEDBlinky docs have a section describing the command line syntax and parameters. Drop me an email if you need additional support.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:35:49 am by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Brett Lonsdale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2020, 11:59:24 am
« Reply #1625 on: April 19, 2020, 11:56:42 am »
Hi Arzoo

Thanks for making such a great piece of software

I had a few issues to start with but ive cleared them up using the debug tool

The only one I'm left with is the mame output test not picking up anything all I get is the below

00001 MAME Start
00002 Ouptut(0): 1943
00003 Ouptut(12345): ORIENTATION(\\.\DISPLAY1)
00004 00001 ORIENTATION(\\.\DISPLAY1) off(0) [unassigned]
00005 MAME Stop

00001 MAME Start
00002 Ouptut(0): 1942
00005 MAME Stop

I have changed my OSD output to the below

# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#
output                    windows

Is there an option I'm missing to show outputs in the mame test?

TIA

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1626 on: April 19, 2020, 12:28:54 pm »
Hi Arzoo

Thanks for making such a great piece of software

I had a few issues to start with but ive cleared them up using the debug tool

The only one I'm left with is the mame output test not picking up anything all I get is the below

00001 MAME Start
00002 Ouptut(0): 1943
00005 MAME Stop

00001 MAME Start
00002 Ouptut(0): 1942
00005 MAME Stop

I have changed my OSD output to the below

# OSD OUTPUT OPTIONS
#
output                    windows

Is there an option I'm missing to show outputs in the mame test?

TIA

Mame output messages vary for each game and most don't provide any. From what you've listed, the outputs are working correctly. As an additional test, try Asteroids or DigDug and you should see a stream of LAMP messages when credits are available.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bigbatmoegan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2020, 04:07:08 pm
« Reply #1627 on: May 07, 2020, 04:07:08 pm »
This might be the wrong place to post, but anytime I search for a similar topic i get the "unable to reach search dameon" error. I have set up a patter I want my buttons to be lit up at no matter what game is played. When it is plugged into my laptop it appears correctly (the first picture). However when i plug the board back into my raspberry pi where the Retropie arcade is installed, it lights up completely different, without all of them even lighting up. I can not figure out what causes this. The first attachment is the desired output, the second attachment is what it lights up as. If this is the wrong place, just let me know where to post this.

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1628 on: May 14, 2020, 12:32:39 pm »
I noticed the sweep effect is random.  Should I have plugged my buttons into the pacled64 in an order of left to right on my control panel.
does it do a sweep effect based on the port#?  maybe plug them in like this?  1 2 3     4 5 6
                                                                                                                7 8 9     10 11 12
                                                                                                                 13 14       15 16

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1629 on: May 14, 2020, 01:24:01 pm »
I noticed the sweep effect is random.  Should I have plugged my buttons into the pacled64 in an order of left to right on my control panel.
does it do a sweep effect based on the port#?  maybe plug them in like this?  1 2 3     4 5 6
                                                                                                                7 8 9     10 11 12
                                                                                                                 13 14       15 16

The animation files included with LEDBlinky are generic, so they'll look different depending on each control panel. Your best bet would be to use the Animation Editor and create the effect specific for your control panel. The editor has fade and color transition features.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1630 on: May 15, 2020, 12:04:28 pm »
I have no room in my tower for a PCI sound card do those USB external ones work will I get the sound mix that I need 4 LED audio animation with those cheap-looking USB sound cards I've never used one

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1631 on: May 15, 2020, 01:40:30 pm »
I have no room in my tower for a PCI sound card do those USB external ones work will I get the sound mix that I need 4 LED audio animation with those cheap-looking USB sound cards I've never used one
Wish I could give you a definitive answer here but I just don't know for sure. Have you tried updating the drivers for you current sound device?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1632 on: May 16, 2020, 05:31:33 am »
Updating the driver worked ! even though it's from 2014.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1633 on: May 16, 2020, 11:13:39 am »
Updating the driver worked ! even though it's from 2014.

:)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1634 on: May 16, 2020, 02:33:13 pm »
I'm not sure why the mame output test app shows nothing when i launch a mame game (outside the front end)  I must not have set something up.
The 2 features I'm trying to get working are the start button blink w/ credits.  and speak/flash controls when hitting the designated mame pause button.
I changed the mame.ini osd output to windows already.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1635 on: May 16, 2020, 03:53:21 pm »
I'm not sure why the mame output test app shows nothing when i launch a mame game (outside the front end)  I must not have set something up.
The 2 features I'm trying to get working are the start button blink w/ credits.  and speak/flash controls when hitting the designated mame pause button.
I changed the mame.ini osd output to windows already.

Please enable the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), run your FE and a few mame games, then email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log files. I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

error1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2023, 06:07:39 am
« Reply #1636 on: May 19, 2020, 03:23:50 pm »
Hi, I'm running LEDBlinky with LaunchBox and a pair of ServoStik joysticks from ultimarc. Is there a way to tell LEDBlinky not to switch the joysticks to 4-way mode for the frontend but leave it in 8-way?

I have my cabinet set up so that it launches random games while in idle attract mode, and while I don't think the servostik motors are going to wear out anytime soon it would be very nice if it could default to 8-way which is the most common for games, and switch to 4-way for the occasional arcade game that needs it instead of constantly toggling between 4-way for the frontend and 8-way for most of the games.

Having that as an extra toggle option in the configurator would be great :)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1637 on: May 19, 2020, 05:21:17 pm »
Hi, I'm running LEDBlinky with LaunchBox and a pair of ServoStik joysticks from ultimarc. Is there a way to tell LEDBlinky not to switch the joysticks to 4-way mode for the frontend but leave it in 8-way?

I have my cabinet set up so that it launches random games while in idle attract mode, and while I don't think the servostik motors are going to wear out anytime soon it would be very nice if it could default to 8-way which is the most common for games, and switch to 4-way for the occasional arcade game that needs it instead of constantly toggling between 4-way for the frontend and 8-way for most of the games.

Having that as an extra toggle option in the configurator would be great :)

Hi,
No problem, this support link will explain how to change the FE default joystick type; https://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#FEDefaultJoy
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

error1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2023, 06:07:39 am
« Reply #1638 on: May 20, 2020, 08:44:31 am »
Thank you! Don't know how I missed that when skimming through that page yesterday  :-[

That fixed it for me, it's switching way less between 4 and 8-way now.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1639 on: May 20, 2020, 09:17:51 am »
Thank you! Don't know how I missed that when skimming through that page yesterday  :-[

You didn't miss it - I've had a number of requests on how to do that so I added the info to the support page just yesterday :)
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction