Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4  (Read 180835 times)

gumby510

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • SR-20 NX 2000
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4
« Reply #1400 on: December 05, 2017, 02:46:09 am »
I'm using MAMEUI64 as my front end. Can I just use this FE to work with LED blinky? I'm so lost trying to figure this all out lol.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • We are not in the 8th dimension. We are over NJ.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1401 on: December 05, 2017, 09:07:38 am »
I'm using MAMEUI64 as my front end. Can I just use this FE to work with LED blinky? I'm so lost trying to figure this all out lol.

Yes, there's a section in the Install/Config pdf that explains how; Running LEDBlinky in Stand-Alone (Command Line) Mode.

LEDBlinky can definitely be overwhelming at first. The support page has some good video tutorials. You can also post questions here or contact me via email.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

gumby510

• Offline Offline
  • SR-20 NX 2000
« Reply #1402 on: December 07, 2017, 02:05:04 am »
I found a small section on how to set up using just mameui. I set up all the key codes and every color lights up. I start Led blinky with the run command and then start mame. Nothing is lighting up at all. I just want to have everything light up to one color. Is there an easy way to do that? I know I'm doing something wrong that should be simple to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1403 on: December 07, 2017, 01:42:54 pm »
I found a small section on how to set up using just mameui. I set up all the key codes and every color lights up. I start Led blinky with the run command and then start mame. Nothing is lighting up at all. I just want to have everything light up to one color. Is there an easy way to do that? I know I'm doing something wrong that should be simple to do.

When using LEDBlinky with MAMEUI as the front-end, the MAME Output System must be working correctly. These support links should help:
http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#MameUIConfig
http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#MAMEOutputsProblem

But if all you want to do is light up your control panel with a static set of colors (not changing per game), you can use the LEDBlinky Animation Editor and create a single frame animation and then start the animation with
Code: [Select]
/ledblinky.exe <your animation>.lwax
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

gumby510

• Offline Offline
  • SR-20 NX 2000
LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4
« Reply #1404 on: December 08, 2017, 01:07:33 am »

When using LEDBlinky with MAMEUI as the front-end, the MAME Output System must be working correctly. These support links should help:
http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#MameUIConfig
http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#MAMEOutputsProblem

But if all you want to do is light up your control panel with a static set of colors (not changing per game), you can use the LEDBlinky Animation Editor and create a single frame animation and then start the animation with
Code: [Select]
/ledblinky.exe <your animation>.lwax

I Ran in the command prompt
c:\mame\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe greencp.lwax It only did one quick flash. How do I make it one single frame and not turn off? I edited an existing pattern and renamed it and messed with that but it's just flashing around. I just want them to turn on one color. Thanks for your help I mess around with it some more. After a bit more time I just took an existing pattern.lwax renamed it and edited it to all one color. In the animation editor hitting run animation works. I go to run it and it starts up then does one quick multi colored pattern and fades to off. Going to watch those tutorials for s third time tomorrow lol.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:26:32 am by gumby510 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1405 on: December 08, 2017, 09:15:06 am »
c:\mame\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe greencp.lwax It only did one quick flash. How do I make it one single frame and not turn off? I edited an existing pattern and renamed it and messed with that but it's just flashing around. I just want them to turn on one color. Thanks for your help I mess around with it some more. After a bit more time I just took an existing pattern.lwax renamed it and edited it to all one color. In the animation editor hitting run animation works. I go to run it and it starts up then does one quick multi colored pattern and fades to off. Going to watch those tutorials for s third time tomorrow lol.

That's strange - the animation should keep running in a loop. Try turning off the "Use MAME to Trigger the Game Start/Stop Events" option (on the MAME tab). If that doesn't help, turn on the Debug Log option, run LEDBlinky from the command line to start the animation, then email me back the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

gumby510

• Offline Offline
  • SR-20 NX 2000
LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.4
« Reply #1406 on: December 08, 2017, 10:41:27 pm »

That's strange - the animation should keep running in a loop. Try turning off the "Use MAME to Trigger the Game Start/Stop Events" option (on the MAME tab). If that doesn't help, turn on the Debug Log option, run LEDBlinky from the command line to start the animation, then email me back the debug.ZIP file and I'll take a look.

Ok thank you that worked unchecking that. The one I made is not working right but that's on me trying to learn how to make a new animation. The one I edited works great thx. Now is there anyway to make this script run once I turn on the pc? Or do I run it every time in the cmd line? Also maybe setup a hot key with a program to press a button to make it run? Thanks again at least I'm getting there. Now to mess with the mame ui part. One other thing when I press any of the buttons they all flash for a second and then go back to solid green. Anyway to stop it from flashing on a button press?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:03:46 pm by gumby510 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1407 on: December 09, 2017, 11:28:09 am »
Ok thank you that worked unchecking that. The one I made is not working right but that's on me trying to learn how to make a new animation. The one I edited works great thx. Now is there anyway to make this script run once I turn on the pc? Or do I run it every time in the cmd line? Also maybe setup a hot key with a program to press a button to make it run? Thanks again at least I'm getting there. Now to mess with the mame ui part. One other thing when I press any of the buttons they all flash for a second and then go back to solid green. Anyway to stop it from flashing on a button press?

You can create a windows script or batch file with the LEDBlinky command and then put a shortcut to the script in your windows startup folder - that way it will run when the pc boots. Google should be able to help with this. As for the buttons flashing on key press, try setting the "Button Flash" option to "None" - it's on the "FE Options" tab.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Johnisnotcool

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1408 on: December 11, 2017, 03:07:06 pm »
Quick question arzoo. I'm sorry if this has been asked but spend the last hour looking and couldn't find anything. I'm trying to get LEDBlinky to use voice to say "A Button." When I type this in Controls Editor it works fine. When I'm using launchbox and the game loads it comes out as "a button" instead of "A button."    .... I hope that makes sense very confusing to try and explain without being able to make the sounds lol.

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1409 on: Yesterday at 04:01:09 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I was hoping you could help with a settings question.  I am setting up winvice for Commodore 64.  The emulator itself only maps one button.  I have mapped about 8 other buttons but the mapping is all done through joytokey, not the emulator.  I set up the emulator in the controls editor which worms for the one button.  What settings can I use to light up all of the other buttons mapped through joytokey?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1410 on: Yesterday at 04:46:34 pm »
Quick question arzoo. I'm sorry if this has been asked but spend the last hour looking and couldn't find anything. I'm trying to get LEDBlinky to use voice to say "A Button." When I type this in Controls Editor it works fine. When I'm using launchbox and the game loads it comes out as "a button" instead of "A button."    .... I hope that makes sense very confusing to try and explain without being able to make the sounds lol.

LEDBlinky uses the Windows TTS engine for the audio and there special tags you can add to alter hour is sounds. For example <spell>LED</spell> will speak L E D rather than LED. I know you can also change the pitch and speed. I'd give google a search.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1411 on: Yesterday at 04:57:37 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I was hoping you could help with a settings question.  I am setting up winvice for Commodore 64.  The emulator itself only maps one button.  I have mapped about 8 other buttons but the mapping is all done through joytokey, not the emulator.  I set up the emulator in the controls editor which worms for the one button.  What settings can I use to light up all of the other buttons mapped through joytokey?

Let's say for example your CP has a button, say P1B1, and that button is wired to joystick 1 button 1 which is then converted to A (via joytokey). The emulator is configured to use A for that button. In the LEDBlinky controls editor you need to set the input code for P1B1 to KEYCODE_A for that emulator's default controls or the game specific controls. Then LEDBlinky will light up the LED controller port that's assigned to KEYCODE_A. Hope this makes sense.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
Thanks, yes it makes sense but that is the problem.  This emulator only has one programmable button called "fire".  That one will light up.  The other "buttons" are simply keyboard keys and are not mappable in the emulator, they are just used as is.  So for instance I can use joytokey to map Button 2 to "q" but the letter is just passed as "q" in the emulator and not remapped again in the emulator.  The use of keyboard stokes is done within the games and not the emulator itself.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
    • LEDBlinky
Thanks, yes it makes sense but that is the problem.  This emulator only has one programmable button called "fire".  That one will light up.  The other "buttons" are simply keyboard keys and are not mappable in the emulator, they are just used as is.  So for instance I can use joytokey to map Button 2 to "q" but the letter is just passed as "q" in the emulator and not remapped again in the emulator.  The use of keyboard stokes is done within the games and not the emulator itself.

For lighting up the buttons, it doesn't matter that the emulator isn't using the inputs. If you add them to the default controls for the emulator (via Controls Editor), and the associated input codes map to the correct LED ports, then the buttons will light up. Basically you're telling LEDBlinky that the buttons are used by the emulator even though the emulator doesn't use them.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31