Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Knievils Evolution plans  (Read 2701 times)

YoGaBaR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2021, 12:10:54 pm
  • Yeah im in the club
Knievils Evolution plans
« on: October 05, 2010, 03:22:34 pm »
I know everyone is reproducing his woody... ;D.... But I would like to have the dimensions for his evolution cab. I know it is similar and I can probly figure it out for myself, but I am (LAZY) just wondering if anyone has a set of plans for the cab.

EDIT: Oh yeah. and I would like to put a 26" monitor LCD in there.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:24:25 pm by YoGaBaR »
Check out my WOODY  Bubble Bobble

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:52:34 pm
Re: Knievils Evolution plans
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 07:18:06 pm »
Just round off the corners everywhere and that's pretty much it.  The CP shelf is a little different I guess but you could fudge it.

YoGaBaR

• Offline Offline
  • Yeah im in the club
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 08:29:35 am »
Yeah but what do you think the foot print is on the evolution? I think it would be a little bigger than the woody. I guess I want to know that the most.
Thanks

TheMonk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2010, 09:56:58 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:27:52 am »
I actually recently re-produced the evolution plans myself. Basically I read through every project thread he ever posted. I don't have a link handy but in one thread he posted a picture of hi woody with dimensions. Then in another thread he mentioned the evolution is the same as the woody only with 6" added to the width. So I took the footing of the evolution which if memory serves me correctly 20" and made it 26" straightened out he front added the bump etc...

If you can find that image you'll be able to sort out the size and adjust accordingly.

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 04:14:37 pm »
Looking for something like this?

TheMonk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2010, 09:56:58 pm
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 04:36:52 pm »
Yup that's it. In another thread he states that the evolution is basically the dimensions of the woody except add six inches to the profile. You'll have to sort out the height and such of the small shelf area but the rest is the same. In another thread he also states the interior width and exterior width of his cabinet. If I recall correctly the interior dimension is 23.5" and exterior is 25". If you search around he also details the dimensions of his control panel both box and top.

Using all of this information you should be able to piece together the dimensions of the evolution pretty easily. Plus this is a great time to tweak to your liking ;)

YoGaBaR

• Offline Offline
  • Yeah im in the club
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 06:14:03 pm »
Yes.

Thanks for all the info guys. I will start drawing my plans soon. I liked the evo better than the woody.

Do not get me wrong. The woody IS sexy as hell!! :cheers: All prederence I guess.
Thanks