Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Screen Orientation on PC Monitor  (Read 4929 times)

Renegade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2003, 01:43:27 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Screen Orientation on PC Monitor
« on: March 18, 2002, 07:45:28 pm »
Just getting set to build a cocktail cabinet and planning how to mount my 17 inch PC monitor.  I will be using Mame32 for Pac-Man and Galaga.  Is there a way to rotate the game image by 90 degrees so that it usues the longer portion of the monitor.  I see many examples of cocktail cabinets with a pc monitor mounted with the shorter sides facing the seating positions of players.  This is how I would like to mount the monitor but I can't seem to rotate the game image.   I see the rotation option in the properties but that makes a "mirror" like image and reverses all the text.

I could have sworn I saw an option to rotate the screen 90, 180, etc degrees but now I can't seem to find it.

Newbie (Obvious) , any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

ddebuss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2015, 07:48:10 am
  • Stuck in the 80's
Re: Screen Orientation on PC Monitor
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 08:06:51 pm »
With Mame32:
1. Go to game properties (or default options)
2. Go to display tab
3. Under Rotation select clockwise or anticlockwise
You may also want to set the game specific settings to cocktail to allow the game to reverse orientation when the player changes.

Renegade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2003, 01:43:27 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
Re: Screen Orientation on PC Monitor
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 08:18:08 pm »
Thanks,
 I was checking the check boxes as well, didn't realize I could change the drop down to something other than "None" and leave all the check boxes un-checked.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »