Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with MAME ctrlr options for Dial/Spinner please...  (Read 4571 times)

Warborg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
Help with MAME ctrlr options for Dial/Spinner please...
« on: November 19, 2007, 08:55:54 pm »
I'd appreciate a little help for my mame.cfg file in the ctrlr folder...  I figured out the format well enough to define the buttons and joysticks for the actions I needed, but I'm having some problems with the P1 Dial settings...  I need to set it up to where it's reversed and define the speed/sensitivity in the default section.  I've entered it in as I thought it should be defined (using the tempest.cfg file in the cfg folder as an example), but I can't get it to take effect.  I know I can just configure the individual games, but it would be nice if I can set up the ctrlr file so I don't have to...  :)

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
Re: Help with MAME ctrlr options for Dial/Spinner please...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 06:36:46 pm »
I don't know if there's a way to set up universal sensitivity/reverse on a dial and/or trackball, but I find I would have to do it individually anyway, as what's good for one game isn't necessarily good for another.   There's not that many of them anyway.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:39:38 pm by DaveMMR »

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 07:52:02 pm »
The biggest thing was that I was hoping I could set up the P1Dial to reverse=ON for all games, due to the way my encoder is mounted...  The sensitivity tweaking I can do per game...  I know I can just turn it on when I tweak each one, I would just prefer to have the setting be universal.

u_rebelscum

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2010, 03:06:26 pm
  • You rebel scum
    • Mame:Analog+
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 07:24:38 pm »
The biggest thing was that I was hoping I could set up the P1Dial to reverse=ON for all games, due to the way my encoder is mounted...  The sensitivity tweaking I can do per game...  I know I can just turn it on when I tweak each one, I would just prefer to have the setting be universal.

AFAIK, no can do. :(

The ctrlr file is only for remapping ports, and ignores the mask, index, defvalue, keydelta, sensitivity, and reverse attributes in the port entries. 

And even if it didn't ignore reverse, still couldn't be done universally.  Some games reverse is on by default, others default to off.

Sorry. :-\
Robin
Knowledge is Power

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 01:19:45 am »

AFAIK, no can do. :(

The ctrlr file is only for remapping ports, and ignores the mask, index, defvalue, keydelta, sensitivity, and reverse attributes in the port entries. 

And even if it didn't ignore reverse, still couldn't be done universally.  Some games reverse is on by default, others default to off.

Sorry. :-\

Oh well, thanks for the input...  At least now I know to stop wasting my time and just tweak each game...  :)