Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: REQ: a little Mala Help  (Read 1621 times)

mmalficia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2009, 03:11:37 pm
REQ: a little Mala Help
« on: November 17, 2007, 10:24:57 am »
Hullo's folks 

still working on my project and have started on a custom Mala layout for the FE
i have a few quick questions for the pro's :>

1:  is there a list somewhere with the tags for definable txt strings  i found a few examples on the wiki/main page but no actual list  main reason im asking is i know Mala can keep track of how many times a games been started (top 20 list)   and ide like to display that info on a games page   

Semi update i did find the tag theres a ">"  next to the pattern options with what im guessing is all the pre defined patterns  chalk one up to random clicking :>

2 layout wise ide like to display a definable or custom (based on game name) pic  below the snap of the control config  for non mame games  how would one go about doing that ?  and is it possible to get it to work somehow with led blinky  ?   

3 mala tree   ok  this is actually 2     first off  the top level menu in the tree    were should all the files be   ie : in the main mala dir  or should it have its own in layouts ?     ive been having a bugger of a time trying to set up a top level to switch between emus ...  on that note  on the top level ide like to use  a pic (just photoshop txt stuff) for each list item (system/choice ect  like  a marque list would work   ) ie arcade  nes  media  all have their own graphic in the list )   is that possible on the top level with mala tree ? if so whats the file naming / dir structure  supossed to be like   

many thanks in advance  for any insight

Mmal
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 12:21:25 pm by mmalficia »