Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Slik Stik - Any Word  (Read 199843 times)

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
Re: Slik Stik - Any Word
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2007, 05:14:52 pm »
 :applaud:

turff49

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2007, 10:00:55 pm
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2007, 05:16:35 pm »
Oh, One last comment I left out of my posting. And this is to Metroid. It's hard to believe you are gullible enough to believe what they may have told you on the phone. It's entirely possible that you were just lucky enough to get them to answer. They probably thought your # on the caller id was someone else. Also, it's not wise to take up for them until you actually have the product in hand. We will see if you have the same feelings 2 months from now while you are still waiting on that cp they promised to get right out to you. I hope you do get it but the odds from Vegas would be against you.

ahofle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2007, 05:51:40 pm »
This thread made me want to go read some Herbert Kornfeld columns on theonion.com.  :laugh2:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/25991

M37R01D

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2009, 06:23:25 pm
    • M37R01Dz M0Dz
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2007, 06:56:40 pm »
ok well I guess we will see what happens, maybe your right, but I do think they will send it out, chrismcd jus got his sent out, and he isnt even in the country.
And lucky enough? if that was the case I doubt I would have had a 20min conversation with the owner, and I doubt he would have gave me his personal cell phone number to contact him, once I get my overlay shipped out to them.

and I know this thread/forum is to spead information, which is what I tried to do in my first reply to this thread before everyone wanted to jump on ---my bottom--- cuz I'm the only one with faith in SS

All I know is I can't wait to get my CP and finally start some gaming :)

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2007, 07:04:56 pm »
and I doubt he would have gave me his personal cell phone number to contact him

Might be useful for KevSteele and others who are having problems (but, please, don't post it publicly).

And people jumped on you because you told people that they were lying/posting misinformation (and because you couldn't be bothered to include spelling, grammar or punction punctuation ... hoist on my own petard!). Your experience was good to make note of (although incomplete as yet), but hardly puts you in a position to call everybody else wrong.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

M37R01D

• Offline Offline
    • M37R01Dz M0Dz
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2007, 07:13:58 pm »
I wasnt trying to call people liars
you guys jus got things twisted, and if you feel that way I'm sorry

And I would never post his phone number, peoples phone numbers are for that person to give out, not others :)

Edit: Also thier was misinformation, as they were going out of business, going bankrupt, ect. ect.

turff49

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2007, 07:24:51 pm »
Well, I've got a great idea. I would never ask you to post or give out someone Else's phone #. But what you can do, and this will be to everyones benefit including Slik Stik, is just give him a call on his personal cell phone and tell him the dilemma this has created and how his business name is being tarnished. Ask him to just take a minute or so and post a comment telling everyone things are good. I don't think that's asking too much. Shoot, maybe they will knock a little off your bill for bringing this matter to their attention. You would be doing us all a favor and once he(Slik Stik) post then you can say(I told you so) and be " Da Man"

M37R01D

• Offline Offline
    • M37R01Dz M0Dz
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2007, 07:43:04 pm »
I'm sure he is aware of the rep this is creating for him through the community.
When I call him in a few days once my overlay ships to him, I will mention it to him.

EDIT: BTW this is in no way, shape or form, to say I told you so. All I simply wanted to do was spread the information I received from them.  I have been following these threads since the begining and was hesistent to post, without some kind of solid information. And if you have known me from the console scene, Anyone would tell you that is the last thing I would do.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:46:17 pm by M37R01D »

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2007, 07:43:57 pm »
Well, I've got a great idea. I would never ask you to post or give out someone Else's phone #. But what you can do, and this will be to everyones benefit including Slik Stik, is just give him a call on his personal cell phone and tell him the dilemma this has created and how his business name is being tarnished. Ask him to just take a minute or so and post a comment telling everyone things are good. I don't think that's asking too much. Shoot, maybe they will knock a little off your bill for bringing this matter to their attention. You would be doing us all a favor and once he(Slik Stik) post then you can say(I told you so) and be " Da Man"
HA!   :laugh2:

I think Christian is reading all of these posts.  If he responds, he will answer people's comments as he has in the past, with attacks and negativity.  I am one of the ones who has had good service with SlikStik yet I won't buy from them again because of how he has acted here. 

I just don't think he has the business sense to post on here and tell people things are ok.  I lean towards the idea that his business is in jeopardy.  Why else would KevSteele not have his money yet?  Why else would Mamemarquees not be printing stuff for him?

turff49

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2007, 09:51:11 pm »
Actually my last comment was meant sarcastically. Only an idiot would think they run a legitimate business. And at this point only a fool knowingly would order anything.

scottp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2016, 08:52:04 pm
    • Mame marquees and Side Art
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2007, 10:22:17 pm »
I am starting to get upset with Slikstik stating that the delay now is the overlays... 

We have had no contact with them for over a month and have not shipped to them in around 2 months.   We are shipping every day to paying customers, so if Slikstik needs overlays it is a pretty simple process, PAY, put an order in and we will ship to them.  It is not rocket science.

They need to stop acting like 5yr olds and just buckle down, deal with the customers, pay their bills, go back to their core (Control Panels) and get Christian out from dealing with customers.  He is a good CP builder and negotiator, but horrible at customer relations.

Scott

www.mamemarquees.com

http://www.gameongrafix.com

10% off Coupon for BYOAC members, just type in BYOAC at checkout

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2007, 10:55:51 pm »
I wasnt trying to call people liars
you guys jus got things twisted, and if you feel that way I'm sorry

And I would never post his phone number, peoples phone numbers are for that person to give out, not others :)

Edit: Also thier was misinformation, as they were going out of business, going bankrupt, ect. ect.

Nothing was twisted. You were very beligerent with your initial posts. There is a difference between misinformation and speculation. Everyone was SPECULATING as to why noone was getting their products, or why their inquiries were being ignored. This is why I did my test to see if Slikstik would respond to a potential new customer. Sure enough, Christian responded within 24 hours. Hard to understand why an honest business man can be on top of sales inquiries, but completely ignore multiple inquiries from concerned PAYING customers who do not have their product.

And the reason Slik Stick does not respond here is simple. They already know they have lost out on the participating members of byoac. There are still plenty of non-byoac fish in the pool though. Notice how most of the people complaining are fairly new members? Interesting, no? That is why the slikstik complaint threads go in phases. The old set goes into the archives, newbies never see the warnings, they buy after seeing adverts everywhere, and BOOM, a new slikstik thread.

Fozzy The Bear

• Handbags at dawn in here!!!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am
  • It's Been One Of Those Days... Don't Ask!
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2007, 07:10:07 pm »
Notice how most of the people complaining are fairly new members? Interesting, no? That is why the slikstik complaint threads go in phases. The old set goes into the archives, newbies never see the warnings, they buy after seeing adverts everywhere, and BOOM, a new slikstik thread.

Thats why their name and behavior should go into a sticky thread.... Where everybody new to the board can see it, and know not to order unless they want months and even years of grief....

This is also one for Saint to look at I think..... The Google Adds at the page headders STILL frequently show Sick Slick advertising. It is possible to block specific advertisers in the Google Adds Program. Saint, is it time you considered doing this in the interests of the wider community??? and issuing a warning sticky thread as well???

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Pacman.
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

DrWho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2008, 09:27:13 pm
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2007, 09:30:16 pm »
Yes -- I'm a noob.  I ordered a simple, stock control panel, no overlay 5 weeks ago.  I've only tried to request status once, with no reply.  I will let you guys know how it goes.  My success might be a good baramoter of current activity at slikstik.

Wish me luck! :dunno

MrMojoZ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2009, 11:34:56 pm
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2007, 09:58:40 pm »
thats fine keep crackin like it hurts my feelings
the thread is titles any word, so i was giving the word i got, so take it for what its worth, and everyone who is waitin on an order, just be cool

Hahah what.  ???

Icer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2008, 01:30:58 pm
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2007, 10:56:16 pm »
Yes this is my first post, I just registered.  I ordered from SS this summer and have still not received my order.  They have never returned any phone messages, and responses to e-mails are spotty at best.

I have talked to Christian on the phone, and he seems like an alright guy, but most of the time no one answers!

Right now I just want my order! 

I was told the last reason for delays was a faulty shipment of IPACS.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2007, 11:02:32 pm »
Yes this is my first post, I just registered.  I ordered from SS this summer and have still not received my order.  They have never returned any phone messages, and responses to e-mails are spotty at best.

I have talked to Christian on the phone, and he seems like an alright guy, but most of the time no one answers!

So now he's blaming Andy?  lol...

Warborg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2007, 11:34:07 pm »

Wow, poor SlickStik...  They are obviously misunderstood in this, as the have obviously just had some bad luck with all these other unreliable businesses...  Trackball shortages, not receving CPOs, bad shipment of IPACs...  I guess the odds are stacked against them...   ::)

btp2k2

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2011, 01:02:36 pm
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2007, 12:41:56 am »
So...I am sure Andy was filling orders while Slikstik was experiencing these bad IPacs.....anyone else get a bad Ipac, or was it just slikstik that got em?

Fozzy The Bear

• Handbags at dawn in here!!!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2011, 11:29:59 am
  • It's Been One Of Those Days... Don't Ask!
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2007, 01:22:50 am »

Given the content of this thread and numerous other threads... you should seriously consider reversing your payment. Consider contacting your credit card company before the time to do so runs out. Otherwise you could still be waiting for the goods this time next year.

There are more reliable suppliers than this bunch of clowns.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Most bottles and jars contain at least twenty-five percent recycled Pacman.
And research indicates that Space Invaders are strongly attracted to people who have recently eaten meat pies.

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2007, 05:15:15 am »
It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone on here that I am not best pleased about "bad I-PACs" being blamed by SS.
I probably don't even need to state this, but of course this is fiction.
Andy

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2007, 08:58:40 am »
It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone on here that I am not best pleased about "bad I-PACs" being blamed by SS.
I probably don't even need to state this, but of course this is fiction.
Andy

That's what I thought.  I've never had any problems with stuff I've ordered from you, and it always gets to me unbelievably quick, especially considering it has to come across the big pond!

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2007, 09:09:11 am »
Pretty soon the excuse will be "sticky buttons sent from Happ" or "T-Molding is on back order" or perhaps "we keep receiving bad batches of MDF from the wood folks!"?!?!?!

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Icer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2007, 10:04:01 am »
That was around two weeks ago that I was told about the IPACS... they said that they got a bunch of bad ones and that my CP was just waiting for the new ones to come in and it would be ready to go.

This week is it, I will either have my stuff or I will be in touch with my credit card company and my lawyer if necessary.

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2007, 10:22:54 am »
I receive orders of ipac's almost every week, & I have never had 1 bad one in 2 years, so that right there shows you the Ultimarc products are top notch, Slikstik is just using another excuse.
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

btp2k2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2007, 10:32:26 am »
He better watch who he bad mouths.

Telling customers that product x was faulty and as a result delayed shipping is a very good way to get in trouble legally. Even though the intention wasn't bad towards product x, it could still be viewed as a slanderous comment. They are treading on very thin ice.

That said, everyone in the world knows that Andy's products are top notch and of the highest quality around. To blame an Ipac on your own stupidity is...well....just stupid.

Frizzle, I like your comment...."the lumber yard gave me faulty MDF, so your order is going to be delayed 52 weeks"

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2007, 10:35:38 am »
I can't believe all of the misinformation in this thread ...  u p33ps n33d 2 chillz.

;)

DrWho

• Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2007, 10:38:26 am »
So, besides building you own, what are the alternatives to Slikstik?

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2007, 10:41:54 am »
Jack at arcadesrfun builds top notch products
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2007, 10:45:50 am »
I can't believe all of the misinformation in this thread ...  u p33ps n33d 2 chillz.

;)

:laugh2:

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 01:19:49 pm by FrizzleFried »
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

btp2k2

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2007, 10:52:34 am »
So, besides building you own, what are the alternatives to Slikstik?

mameroom sells a kit of their popular "UlitmateII" cab

ponyboy

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2016, 06:03:03 pm
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2007, 11:24:03 am »
Also, if you need a GREAT Cabinet check out www.hanaho.com.

Awesome Cabinets!!!

Ponyboy

DrWho

• Offline Offline
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2007, 11:59:14 am »
Right -- I've already built my cabinet.  Have everything done, just waiting on the control panel.  I didn't feel like building the panel on my own.

I've already installed the Wells Gardiner monitor, a marquee from Scott.. everything's been sitting there for 5 weeks waiting for the slikstik controller.

I will check out arcadesrfun.  I'm sure I did before, but I was thinking they built cabinets.

Thx

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2007, 05:01:16 pm »
Thats why their name and behavior should go into a sticky thread.... Where everybody new to the board can see it, and know not to order unless they want months and even years of grief....

This is also one for Saint to look at I think..... The Google Adds at the page headders STILL frequently show Sick Slick advertising. It is possible to block specific advertisers in the Google Adds Program. Saint, is it time you considered doing this in the interests of the wider community??? and issuing a warning sticky thread as well???

Preface: I've been pondering this for a while and I doubt that you'll find a bigger skeptic regarding the intentions of SlikStik than me. I say this because what follows may seem presumptious on my part, but is only intended to present an alternative viewpoint to Fozzy's, despite the fact that I believe the same things about SlikStik as he does and am also a fellow muppet (current avatar notwithstanding, but perhaps somewhat relevant).

Having said that, I think that, in the absence of clearly illegal activity on the part of Christian/SlikStik, that saint's role should probably preclude any such actions. I believe that he does try to ensure that ads for illegal activities (e.g. ROM burners) are avoided, but can see that, in his position, he probably should let problems between suppliers and customers be worked out between the parties involved.

I would, once again, encourage everybody who has had recent experience with SlikStik, good or bad, to complete a review for the wiki (it only works if you take the time):

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/SlikStik

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Category:Rating

After Dr Who's last post, I was once again saddened to realize that, while the old timers know about SS (and have for a long while), that new folks are still getting caught up in the problems (and are missing valuable gameplay time as a result!). I was somewhat torn in making this post since I would personally like to see reference to SS removed from every site that folks would look to for guidance. However, I do think that saint's role should be to maintain the rules that he has set and that it is up to the membership at large to get the word out (good or bad), while obeying the rules.  :angel:

So, please post your experiences in the wiki.

As the ever-eloquant SirWoogie has pointed out:

Please note you DO NOT need to register on the Wiki page. Your current forum login and password are the same for the Wiki. If you change your password in the forum, it will be reflected in the Wiki as well.

DrWho -- cab looks great, as does the pin beside it (colour me jealous!). I hope you get your CP soon!

:cheers:

Icer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2007, 05:32:46 pm »
When I have spoke with Christian he really seems to be a very cool guy... he talked with me about the new overlays before they were posted on the website and e-mailed me pictures while were on the phone together.

I really want to believe that they are a small company that is maybe a bit overwhelmed with the amount of business they have and have had some supply issues.

The comments I had received from them and then what I have heard here regarding the IPACS has me a bit concerned though.

The bottom line for me is that they have this week to make things right.  I ordered my cabinet and CP in July, the cabinet was in stock then, and the last last contact from Paul said that he thought my CP would be ready in 9 to 10 days... that was two weeks ago.

Thanks to all here for their input, and information.

turff49

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2007, 07:37:08 pm »
Being a noob here of some degree let me say that there is some harm in leaving their ad in place. First I wouldn't have known about slikstik if it hadn't been for the ads. I'm sure I'm not the only one who figures a site wouldn't let a bad vendor advertise. Second, I think a site puts it's reputation on line by allowing bad vendors to advertise. It's a hard decision for anyone to make but I think there is overwhelming evidence that they are bad. I had filled out their online order form a few times but never pushed the send button because something just didn't seem right. So, I finally decided to take the time and do some research and then blam, there it was, all the bad comments about them.

Also another good reason to make a sticky and ban their ads would be that a lot of noobies may order from them, never get their item, then be so frustrated that they find a new hobby. That would be an injustice to our fellow gamers and friends.
  It's a hard decision for anyone to make but the revenue if any just isn't worth it in my opinion.

Xam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2011, 11:16:45 pm
  • " Oh my heavens; good gracious. Cro-Magnons."
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2007, 09:21:44 pm »
I find it odd that SS can still afford their Google ad and yet not pay smaller vendors like Kev.

In the roughly 1 1/2 year that I have been a member here, I have seen about 2 people have "bad" IPAC's. From what I have seen regarding the "bad" ones, Andy handled the problems promptly and courteously, thus keeping a satisfied customer. Randy has done the same from GGG. I have to guess, that if SS did receive an entire bad batch of product from Andy, that he (Andy) would have handled the situation promptly. I base this only on Andy's responses on this forum.

When I first joined here, I was very interested in one of the spinners from SS. Upon reading a few post from Christian and a few from Randy, I deided to go with GGG. I have not regretted it for one second. Christian seems to blame the end user for any problems. Randy on the other hand has always gone above and beyond what I expect a vendor to do. Though I have never dealt with Andy, He also seems to go above and beyond.

Christian needs to understand that this is a niche business....it does not bode well when you push customers away. Niches such as this one, tend to be close nit and word of mouth plays a huge role in the niches buying decisions. Recomendations from previous buyers goes a long way in this field.

Sorry for the wordy post. I just can't stand seeing someone like Andy be blamed for anothers shortcomings. I know (hope)  this was not Christians intent, but that is how I (and I suspect many others) perceived it. :soapbox:

Long live Andy and Randy!

Xam
Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being.

RobotronNut

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 11:39:19 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2007, 03:23:26 pm »
i've been one of the few who's consistently supported slikstik, since i had a great experience with them 2 yrs ago.

in the past, it's been great quality, great customization, good after-sale support, together with slow turn-around times, spotty communication, and wacky forum posts by the company's owner. i was willing to live with that, because, i was confident of getting (eventually) customer satisfaction.

lately, there's been a BIG change: complete failure to pay vendors (several of whom posted here), failure to honor warranties (in my case), taking money from customers and never shipping anything, spotty communication replaced by no communication, and obvious ham-handed lying about suppliers.

this tells me slikstik is in a tailspin. they're in financial trouble. they're having to make decisions about who to pay and who not to pay, and i doubt they're going to be around for long. although some of you will spit on their grave, to me it will be a sad loss.

time for a merger or buyout...
to see my "Frankenpanel" and design notes, click here.

DrBunsen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2014, 06:49:15 pm
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2007, 11:55:43 pm »
Hiya gang!

Just joined the forum so that I could add my litany to the pile of questions.

03/15/2007
I ordered a cabinet and CO2 control panel from Slikstik.

Time passed...

04/19/2007
Since their site says that it could take as long as 5 weeks I waited 5 weeks before inquiring about my order, sending them an email asking about the status of the order.

04/26/2007
I got a reply saying that they were out of the monitor brackets, but could send the cabinet to me and ship me the brackets when they came in, which I agreed to in a reply email that same day.  I even said that it'd be nice to try out the setup even if the monitor wasn't mounted.

04/27/2007
I got an email saying that they would be shipping out the cabinet that day.

05/02/2007
I got an email from SlikStik saying "Your SlikStik SS Arcade has shipped via Yellow Transportation" along with tracking information.  A few days later I received the cabinet but not the control panel.  I waited a little longer to see if the CP would arrive separately, and when it did not...

05/17/2007
I emailed SlikStik asking about the CP part of the order.

05/24/2007
I received a reply to my email saying that they were waiting for back-ordered parts from Happs Controls, as well as the monitor brackets.

06/13/2007
I received the monitor brackets.  I emailed them saying that I received them and asked about the status of the CP.  I also asked them about the new flush-mounted trackballs that they were then offering, and if it would be possible to have my trackball changed to that.

06/14/2007
I received a reply to my email that said that they were awaiting a shipment of trackballs.  They expected them to arrive at the beginning of the next week, and that my CP would be shipped out right thereafter.  But if I wanted the flush-mount it would take longer, and would require me to pay the difference.  I replied that I would like to do so, and did the web ordering thing to pay the difference.

Time passed...

08/08/2007
I sent them an email asking if there was an ETA on the CP.

08/09/2007
I received a reply saying "Soon.  Very soon.  Your unit is within the next 5 to receive a trackball
and be shipped out, we're just waiting on our next trackball shipment."

09/21/2007
I sent an email asking if I'd been forgotten.

09/22/2007
I received a reply saying that I'd not been forgotten and that "Happ told us that we should be receiving a nice, big, much needed order of trackballs at the end of this month.  Provided they don't change this date again, you unit should be out of here as soon as we receive that shipment."

10/17/2007
I received an email from Slikstik saying that my CP was ready to be shipped.

10/22/2007
7 months and 7 days after the original order, and 4 months and 8 days after my changing the order to the flush-mount trackball, the CP finally arrived.  Whew!  I opened the box and found that it appeared to be made according to my order (I was fearful that some part would've been forgotten or changed after such a long time).

10/27/2007
I finally had the chance to work with the CP, in order to test and whatnot.  I untaped the bag of cables and parts that had been taped to the top of the CP and found that a small hunk of the overlay had been gouged out (I'm guessing by the edge of one of the PS2 connectors).  The hunk isn't big, about the size of 2 grains of rice side-by-side, but it is badly positioned just over the Player 2 controls (the white underneath is in glaring contrast against the dark blue area of the overlay).  No other damage was noticed.  I photographed the damage and emailed SlikStik describing the damage (and including 3 photos) and asking what could be done about it.

I have not received a reply.  I have not totally unpacked the CP (the blue tape is still around the edges and such).  I have not put together the cabinet yet (hopefully all the parts were sent).  At the very least I've tested all the controls and can tell that they do indeed seem to work.  Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to try to assemble things.

The more the ordeal dragged on the more fearful that I wouldn't get anything out of them.  I saved all the emails (which is why I can tell you guys the dates), but I wasn't sure what I'd be able to do with them if SlikStik folded.

And, um... that's as far as I'll go with my story.  I'll leave it to you guys to interpret how good or bad you'd feel if it happened to you.

Still... I'm in possession of a CP with a damaged overlay, and I'm guessing that SlikStik probably won't do anything to correct the damage, even though it was caused by bad packing.  And I'm pretty sure that if they did contact me and if their solution would be for me to return the CP to them for repairs, then I'd be tempted to answer in a rude fashion (though I know I wouldn't actually answer in a rude fashion - that's not my style).  I'm hoping that I can maybe repair it myself in some way.  The hunk of overlay is there, but out of place.  Maybe my new best friend in the whole wide world at Mamemarquees.com might be able to give advice?  ;)

I'll try to post to the Wiki about this as well.  Though... would it be bad form to include all the detail like I did above?  Don't want to be stepping on any toes here since I'm still a newb around here.

Bunsen
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 11:59:28 pm by DrBunsen »
Blessed be the pessimists, for the carry the extra ammo.

XtraSmiley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 09:29:46 pm
  • Kill the Big Dog
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2007, 06:22:16 am »
No the details are good.  Can you post a picture of the damage?  We might be able to help fix it.

Also, Andy from Ultimarc is very cool and quickly sent me an updated Rotary chip when SS sent the older version that doesn't work well in MAME.  From England it only took me about a week to get it.

Thanks for the good service Andy!
hearingprotectionBIGDOG@yahooBIGDOG.com

Kill the Dog man.