Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME Compiler 64 v2.0.197  (Read 362381 times)

headkaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Re: Mame Compiler 64 v1.0 Released!
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2008, 11:33:23 pm »
NOTE: If your doing a Mame64 compile you may have to press GO! again a few times when you get an "Error -99"

rooter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2021, 01:31:15 pm
    • ShaunRoot.net
Re: Mame Compiler 64 v1.11 Released!
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2008, 12:15:32 am »
Thanks again for your help compiling everything.  I really appreciate your help.

It looks like I've got things going now.

Hit go again and it ran for 23 minutes.
Hit go again and it ran for 7 seconds.
Hit go again and it ran for 30 seconds.
Hit go again and it ran for 21 seconds.

Now every time I hit go, I just get:

Compiling Mame64...
Using Parameters -j3 MSVC_BUILD=1 PTR64=1
mingw32-make: *** No rule to make target `obj/windows/vmame/emu/hiscore.o', needed by `obj/windows/vmame/libemu.a'.  Stop.
Finished!
0 Hours 0 Minutes and 5 Seconds Elapsed.

I don't see any executable yet.  What else do I need to do?

sosimple

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2008, 09:22:52 am
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2008, 08:07:55 am »
Hi to all. I register to th forum just for this amazing program. I used it to compile mame v123, and apply the hi_123.diff patch It worked excellent but I have a problem with the compiled version  I made.
When I press tab in the emulator to see the menu there, I dont see the letters of tha menu , I cant see what it write to select one. Why is this? Is it a problem because i apply  tha patch hi_123.diff  ?
Is this happens to all ,or just me? Can I do anything to solve this?
  And another question. How can I compile the mameUI version with this compiler? Can anyone tell me what must I do for  this? Or it cant be done with Mame Compiler 64 ?  I copy the extra code for mameui to the folder
C:\MinGW\source\Mame0123 , but it didnt worked, i still created the simple version mame.exe
I did it by doing what i find there http://www.mameworld.net/mrdo/compile.html , but i try to do it with your
program as it is much more easy.
Thanks ,

Anyone can help me with what I asked? Thanks,
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 08:09:47 am by sosimple »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2008, 09:57:43 am »
rooter: Your doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I would delete your source folder, download the source again, and try again. This time try reading the instructions first ;)

sosimple: Not sure what problem that is never heard of it. Selecting a menu item is changed to the '1' key when applying the hiscore patch. I don't compile MameUI version so I wouldn't know about that. I'll have a look at adding MameUI compiling support.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 10:50:42 am by headkaze »

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2008, 11:32:06 am »
Okay 1.12 is Released. I added support for compiling MameUI. I've tested it here and it seems to work okay including the 64 bit version.

sosimple

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2008, 09:22:52 am
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2008, 02:08:09 pm »
Okay 1.12 is Released. I added support for compiling MameUI. I've tested it here and it seems to work okay including the 64 bit version.
You are the best man. Thanks for adding support for compiling MameUI .

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
Re: Mame Compiler 64 v1.12 Released!
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 02:46:26 pm »
Make sure you extract the \winui directory to \src\osd\winui and MameUI.mak to root next to the core makefile.

Also set the "Mame UI" option in Mame Compiler.

rooter

• Offline Offline
    • ShaunRoot.net
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2008, 04:58:01 pm »
rooter: Your doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I would delete your source folder, download the source again, and try again. This time try reading the instructions first ;)

sosimple: Not sure what problem that is never heard of it. Selecting a menu item is changed to the '1' key when applying the hiscore patch. I don't compile MameUI version so I wouldn't know about that. I'll have a look at adding MameUI compiling support.

I did read the instructions.  You said to download the source.  There are two version of the source, both of which contain different files.  Only one works.  It would help if you specified which one.

It would also be great if you were doing a 64bit compile and and error -99 was reported that the compiler automatically restarted itself rather that the user having to guess if they are supposed to hit Go multiple times or not.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2008, 05:05:41 pm »
I did read the instructions.  You said to download the source.  There are two version of the source, both of which contain different files.  Only one works.  It would help if you specified which one.

It would also be great if you were doing a 64bit compile and and error -99 was reported that the compiler automatically restarted itself rather that the user having to guess if they are supposed to hit Go multiple times or not.

There is only one version of the source archived in two different ways, one is a self-extracting exe, and the other a zip file you have to extract manually. Both contain the exact same files.

Comon it's not that hard to press a button a few times. Next you will want me to come over and do up your shoe laces every morning  ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 05:10:13 pm by headkaze »

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2020, 09:26:27 pm
  • A young guy feeling older than sin......
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2008, 05:52:18 pm »

There is only one version of the source archived in two different ways, one is a self-extracting exe, and the other a zip file you have to extract manually. Both contain the exact same files.

Comon it's not that hard to press a button a few times. Next you will want me to come over and do up your shoe laces every morning  ;D

Let me just say tha you rock.  This weekend I will have fun restoring the coin door/mechs that I bought, then compiling my own version of MAMEUI64 on my new laptop.  This will be fun.   :cheers:
Donkey Kong High Scores:
1): 49,500
2): 35,600
3): 30,100
4): 29,400
5): 28,200

rooter

• Offline Offline
    • ShaunRoot.net
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2008, 06:21:39 pm »

As for the files, the first time I tried to copy them, they were being updated on the server. 

"MAME 0.123u2
February 21st, 2008

Another update to MAME 0.123 has just been posted on the updates page. Have fun checking out the Naomi progress and other cool stuff!"

As for hitting go numerous times, I'm just trying to make helpful suggestions.  The whole point of the your process is to automate the compile.  Having to hit Go again is just unintuitive.  If you are going to have your software do something so odd, the instructions should show on the program, not in a place that only users of a certain message base will see.  Someone might not have even access to the internet during the install, especially in a MAME machine that probably doesn't need internet access.  If the docs are installed somewhere on the user's hard drive, there should be a link to them in the start menu group. 

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2008, 06:44:06 pm »
As for hitting go numerous times, I'm just trying to make helpful suggestions.  The whole point of the your process is to automate the compile.  Having to hit Go again is just unintuitive.  If you are going to have your software do something so odd, the instructions should show on the program, not in a place that only users of a certain message base will see.  Someone might not have even access to the internet during the install, especially in a MAME machine that probably doesn't need internet access.  If the docs are installed somewhere on the user's hard drive, there should be a link to them in the start menu group.

Yeah I understand I was just making a joke. I did actually think about doing that just haven't got around to it.

Jdurg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2020, 09:26:27 pm
  • A young guy feeling older than sin......
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2008, 09:29:08 pm »
Hey headkaze.  I can't seem to get MAMEUI64 to compile as I keep getting the following error:

Compiling src/osd/windows/strconv.c...
LIBCMT.lib(gs_cookie.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'AMD64' conflicts with target machine type 'IA64'
mingw32-make: *** [obj/winui/vmame/osd/windows/vconv.exe] Error 1112
mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
mingw32-make: *** [obj/winui/vmame/build/file2str.o] Error -99
mingw32-make: *** [obj/winui/vmame/osd/windows/strconv.o] Error -99
Finished!
0 Hours 0 Minutes and 0 Seconds Elapsed.

This comes up no matter how many times I hit go.  Any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind.  Got it working.  I had been messing around with my compiling environment and screwed some things up.  I re-installed my MinGW folder and everything now works fine.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:43:44 pm by Jdurg »
Donkey Kong High Scores:
1): 49,500
2): 35,600
3): 30,100
4): 29,400
5): 28,200

rooter

• Offline Offline
    • ShaunRoot.net
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2008, 06:13:26 pm »
Well, I got everything compiled, but I'm still having problems.  When I tried running MAME, everything was super slow.  It was completely unplayable.  Hitting the esc key took over 30 seconds to exit a game.  I thought I might have screwed up the compile somehow, so I downloaded the official binaries and had the same problem.  I'm running 64bit Vista with a 2.8ghz AMD dual core chip with 4gigs of ram.  Did anyone else have a similar problem?

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2008, 08:09:19 pm »
If you had the same problem with the official binaries then I suggest starting a new thread to get help. This thread isn't the place, and you're likely to get more help in a new thread anyway. Hope you get it figured out though!
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

rooter

• Offline Offline
    • ShaunRoot.net
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2008, 08:12:26 pm »

Thanks again man.  This pretty much solved all my problems.  Now if I can just get MALA to work with a 64bit build without major slowdown.

FhM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2018, 03:33:01 pm
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2008, 08:57:18 pm »
Hmm though I would try this out and kept getting errors. I decided just to try and compile the 123 source with no updates to rule anything out but I get:

src/emu/sound/ay8910.c: In function 'AY8910_set_volume':
Finished!
0 Hours 27 Minutes and 55 Seconds Elapsed.
src/emu/sound/ay8910.c:589: internal compiler error: in assign_386_stack_local, at config/i386/i386.c:13482

I have deleted the source and copied it in again but no luck. Any ideas?

FhM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2018, 03:33:01 pm
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2008, 06:04:44 pm »
Ok I figured this out. It only does it when you compile for Pentium 4 +SSE3

Dustin Mustangs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2017, 11:43:18 am
  • Cut the sheet!
    • My Site
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2008, 04:09:36 pm »
I'm trying to get rid of the left-right nag screens on v0.104u6 (the actlabs lightgun version) and am kinda confused.  I believe by this version the -skip_disclaimer option was removed so I will need to recompile to remove these.  I also believe that this version still has hiscore support so there is no hiscore diff for me to use.  I have searched and searched and can't figure out how to handle this version which I am pretty much stuck using.  Some posts seem to hint towards me having to modify the source by hand and then recompiling but they don't seem say where and what edits are needed.  Am I on the right track here?  Is there a post that goes over these source edits?? 

I can't seem to figure this one out and this seemed like a beneficial place to put this question and (hopefully) answer.  Thanks for any help.

brian_hoffman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 02, 2011, 09:02:20 pm
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2008, 05:18:18 pm »

TeutonicDarkness

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2019, 10:54:16 pm
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2008, 07:22:50 pm »
I'm trying to get rid of the left-right nag screens on v0.104u6 (the actlabs lightgun version) and am kinda confused.  I believe by this version the -skip_disclaimer option was removed so I will need to recompile to remove these.  I also believe that this version still has hiscore support so there is no hiscore diff for me to use.  I have searched and searched and can't figure out how to handle this version which I am pretty much stuck using.  Some posts seem to hint towards me having to modify the source by hand and then recompiling but they don't seem say where and what edits are needed.  Am I on the right track here?  Is there a post that goes over these source edits?? 

I can't seem to figure this one out and this seemed like a beneficial place to put this question and (hopefully) answer.  Thanks for any help.

Yes...

I was just going to ask about this myself!.. ;)

You beat me too it!

I will have to try this!

@Dustin

Have you managed to confirm whether
the 104 build listed on
http://mamedev.org/oldrel.html
will even work with Act Lab guns?..
as compared to Act Labs version: 104u6?

This will be awesome if it will work for
Lightguns and we can re-compile with this tool!

[edit] Well I read that other thread but....
In this version of Mame there is no
"src\emu\ui.c "

Any other sugestions? I'm sure many lightgun users
will appreciate this.  :) [/edit]

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:08:25 pm by TeutonicDarkness »

Dustin Mustangs

• Offline Offline
  • Cut the sheet!
    • My Site
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2008, 02:48:10 pm »
Crap.  I didn't think about the fact that the actlabs version isn't likely the standard 104u6 release.  Is there any way to tell for sure?  I noticed the one who is credited with putting that version together is a member here.  I wonder if he would be willing to put together a .diff for the required source changes?  What a big bump in the road this could be...

:hissy:

TeutonicDarkness

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2019, 10:54:16 pm
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2008, 07:07:51 pm »
Crap.  I didn't think about the fact that the actlabs version isn't likely the standard 104u6 release.  Is there any way to tell for sure?  I noticed the one who is credited with putting that version together is a member here.  I wonder if he would be willing to put together a .diff for the required source changes?  What a big bump in the road this could be...

:hissy:

I tested that version last night...
No Go... :(

When you start Mame it displays the Date and version.
The Act labs Mame and the on Mame.net are
indeed different versions.
The one on Mame.net will not work with
Act Labs "currently anyway".

However I have found a hidden diif on the Mame Server
that is named 104u6.

I have tried to Apply it to
The MAME.NET 104 source to bring it
up to 104u6....

I get nothing but errors; well even if it had worked
that still would not have fixed Our Nag screen problem.

I just hope someone here on the forums
does indeed have a soultion for Act Lab gun owners.

Dustin Mustangs

• Offline Offline
  • Cut the sheet!
    • My Site
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2008, 07:48:51 pm »
You'd need to apply all the diffs up to u6 (u1, u2, u3...) for it to work, not just the one you want.  I'm pretty sure the version on actlabs site has a modified source so this will not work unless we are able to figure out what mods are needed up to this point or get a diff that takes care of it for us.  The actlabs site gives credit for the version to one of the mame devs.  From what I understand he won't likely be willing to help us with something that will be used to rid mame of a disclaimer so I don't think contacting him about this is a good idea.

I messed with this a bit today and have found a couple of work arounds.  For one, this version does have the option to skip game info (it's almost at the end of mame.ini).  This makes it so you only need to do the left-right buisness the first time a game is played.  From then on it just goes right into it.  Also, one of headkaze's other apps called cpwizard (which I highly recommend regardless) has an option that will send mame the keystrokes for you.  You still breifly see the screen(s), but they disappear without any input from the user.  I am using a combo of both and it is working great.

Sorry for taking your thread on a tangent headkaze.

:)

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2008, 09:01:29 am »
So ive downloaded the source for mame 0123, and want to apply the hi_123u5.diff, before doing this do i need to download 0123u1, 0123u2, 0123u3, 0123u4 diffs and compile them before compiling hi_123u5.diff, or can i just go straight to compling hi_123u5.diff?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2008, 10:40:32 am »
So ive downloaded the source for mame 0123, and want to apply the hi_123u5.diff, before doing this do i need to download 0123u1, 0123u2, 0123u3, 0123u4 diffs and compile them before compiling hi_123u5.diff, or can i just go straight to compling hi_123u5.diff?

You only compile once. But you must apply all the diff's in order (ie. 0123u1, 0123u2, 0123u3, 0123u4, 0123u5) then apply hi_123u5. Then compile.

A diff file is a patch. The version it patches is indicated in it's file name. So you must patch up to match the version of the hiscore patch.

lettuce

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2008, 11:44:45 am »
Ok done that, but when a patch with the Hi_0123u5.diff file it said that it ignored or skipped almost all the files as they had already been patch, is this normal?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2008, 03:48:46 pm »
Ok done that, but when a patch with the Hi_0123u5.diff file it said that it ignored or skipped almost all the files as they had already been patch, is this normal?

Start again just to be sure you do it in the right order. If it's skipping parts of the patch most likely you've already applied it. Just extract the Mame 0123 source again and start from scratch.

crummy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2008, 03:01:58 am
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2008, 01:20:14 pm »
Hmm though I would try this out and kept getting errors. I decided just to try and compile the 123 source with no updates to rule anything out but I get:

src/emu/sound/ay8910.c: In function 'AY8910_set_volume':
Finished!
0 Hours 27 Minutes and 55 Seconds Elapsed.
src/emu/sound/ay8910.c:589: internal compiler error: in assign_386_stack_local, at config/i386/i386.c:13482

I have deleted the source and copied it in again but no luck. Any ideas?
Ok I figured this out. It only does it when you compile for Pentium 4 +SSE3
Same thing happened to me. Pentium 4 (-SSE3) seemed to work fine.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2008, 02:06:16 pm »
Same thing happened to me. Pentium 4 (-SSE3) seemed to work fine.

EDIT: I see what you mean seems the "Pentium 4 (+SSE3)" optimize option won't allow Mame to compile. So yeah use "Pentium 4 (-SSE3)" option instead.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 09:52:57 pm by headkaze »

rdenis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2011, 04:19:38 pm
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2008, 10:56:05 pm »
I can't compile a 64 bit version of Mame 123 optimized for my quad core 6600.  No diffs have been applied this is strictly Mame 0123.  I have deleted and reinstalled source code and MC64 several times and I keep getting these errors at the same place:

Archiving obj/windows/vmame/mame/shared.a...
Archiving obj/windows/vmame/libosd.a...
Linking obj/windows/vmame/emu/cpu/m68000/m68kmake.exe...
Archiving obj/windows/vmame/libsound.a...
Linking ledutil.exe...
LINK : fatal error LNK1101: incorrect MSPDB80.DLL version; recheck installation of this product
mingw32-make: *** [obj/windows/vmame/emu/cpu/m68000/m68kmake.exe] Error 1101
Linking romcmp.exe...
mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
LINK : fatal error LNK1101: incorrect MSPDB80.DLL version; recheck installation of this product
mingw32-make: *** [ledutil.exe] Error 1101
mingw32-make: *** [romcmp.exe] Error 1101
Finished!
0 Hours 2 Minutes and 49 Seconds Elapsed.

Any ideas?

Rich

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2008, 11:27:54 pm »
Any ideas?

What options are you using? Do you have a 64-bit OS?

rdenis

• Offline Offline
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2008, 12:27:24 am »
I'm running Vista 64 Premium.  In the drop down menu I selected 'Core 2' and then ticked '64 Bit' and 'Quad'. 

I also just tried running 'Duo' instead of 'Quad' to see if I could get it to compile but same error.

Rich

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2008, 12:38:07 am »
I'm running Vista 64 Premium.  In the drop down menu I selected 'Core 2' and then ticked '64 Bit' and 'Quad'. 

I also just tried running 'Duo' instead of 'Quad' to see if I could get it to compile but same error.

Rich

There was an older release of MC64 that had some problems. Uninstall MC64, download MC64 again and re-install. Extract the source again and try again.

BTW Do you have any version of Visual Studio or Platform SDK installed?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 12:41:47 am by headkaze »

rdenis

• Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2008, 12:55:22 am »
I'll give it a try.  I don't have Visual Studio or Platform SDK.  There are a couple of VS folders in my "Programs X86" folder but they only have dll files etc. - no executables.

I'll let you know how the redownload/reinstall goes.

Rich

rdenis

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2008, 01:13:13 am »
Didn't work - same error same place :(

crummy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2008, 03:01:58 am
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2008, 03:33:26 am »
Am I able to compile MESS with this?

Or, phrased differently: How do I get hiscore support with MESS?

rdenis

• Offline Offline
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2008, 03:43:26 pm »
HK - couple of things - I scanned my system to make sure I didn't have another version of this dll somewhere causing problems and there wasn't.

I managed to find a guy in France who has the same error - he solved it with a patch from MS.  There is a later patch for VS2005 that will update the build version to 8.0.50727.824 from the current 8.0.50727.762.  The update is available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935225/en-us.

It doen't seem to have anything to do with the error I am getting but who knows.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2008, 04:39:03 pm »
rdenis: Okay can you download and try again. If it still doesn't work can you PM me.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2008, 02:55:26 pm »
Looks like this problem rdenis was having was a permissions issue with Vista 64. He now has it compiling okay. I will probably need to update the installer to give the appropriate permissions.