Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Poll

Should I replicate most functions of SkJukebox to MultiJuke?

Yes
4 (57.1%)
No
2 (28.6%)
Linux Only
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Poll: Replicate SkJukebox as a clone to MultiJuke?  (Read 13808 times)

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Poll: Replicate SkJukebox as a clone to MultiJuke?
« on: September 25, 2007, 05:01:23 am »
Since Salmonking have retired the projects, I have looked about this software and seen most of the functions can replicated to MultiJuke with the original Album interface.

Of course there would been some deficient of use about features in Sk-jukebox and MultiJuke, because I diddent want to write a clone of other software as well and the version I talking about is version 3, not version 4.

As respect to the original author, should I Replicate most functions of the interface and controls to MultiJuke, or should I do not do that?

I have to say these may been deficient (at minimum):
 - No video support (by now I have seen a mpeg player, but with no sound in BlitzMax).
 - Touch screen would not been supported in this mode (hince the original MultiJuke GUI work better).
 - I remove windows scrollbar and instead would autoscroll up/down.
 - Only Album from MultiJuke would been supported (but Artists -> songs would been supported here).

There would of course been other changes as well and there would been some developments time (I guess a month or two, it mostly the GUI i need work on, not the engine). It not just a simple skin, but also act pretty close to it as possible with few change here and there.

I have to said MultiJuke is a OpenGL application, that run from Windows 98 to Vista and also Linux.

But if Salmonking dedicated to countinue the project after a break (I hope do), I remove the skin/clone for the respect to him (personly I normally dosent clone other software, hince this poll).

« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 05:26:34 am by Space Fractal »
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: Poll: Replicate SkJukebox as a clone to MultiJuke?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:00:53 am »
I might have forgot this would been a "Look a Fell" gui (read: Clone) in MultiJuke includning page flipping animations and some other functions as well. It not a pretty simple skin, since it need developing this gui and function as well.

I might even have this feature released to Linux build only, not Windows (because Sk Jukebox does not exists to Linux). So Linux folks would have some exclusive features apart to the Windows version.

EDIT: I added Linux Only to the poll today, and voted to that one (I do not notice it my self as a valid one, it just because the other did have 2 yes and 2 no, so It was more fair that way).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 04:44:15 pm by Space Fractal »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 09:35:33 am »
I have started to develop this new GUI or similar GUI from SkJukebox. Since there are deficient here and there, I mean it deficient enoch to release it when done.

So the most important is the controllers of it can been very the same as Sk-Jukebox and have the same fell of it. Also the most typical use of these buttons found using Sk-Jukebox.

The only I might remove is Touchscreen support. But both keypad, trackball and all form of joysticks would still been suported here.

Im even look if Singles can been impleted in the new GUI and the rotation can been supported as well.

I have to say Sk-Jukebox is my favor jukebox application, if I diddent have create one by my self. I like simple GUI, good button and keypad system !!

I would even heard comments why you say yes or no.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:27:21 pm »
I have locked the poll and soon create a new one when I got the GUI to work...

1. I have dedicated not replicate GUI directly from Sk-Jukebox to MultiJuke.

2. I have dedicated to use the same controller system and layout or so close as possible.