Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: End of SKJukebox software  (Read 17766 times)

SteveS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2019, 01:34:26 am
End of SKJukebox software
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:51:21 pm »
SK,

I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear that you are no longer supporting SK Jukebox.  Hands down it's the best software I have ever used in this field.  I was wondering  if you had considered making the software open source, so it could live on.  The GNU license ( http://www.gnu.org ) is a great way to do this.  I hope you will consider.

thank you!

Steve

hitandrun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 03, 2010, 10:13:08 pm
Re: End of SKJukebox software
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:24:47 am »
It is a great piece of software!  I would love to see this open sourced as well.  Imagine what a team of us could accomplish. 

rooter

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2021, 01:31:15 pm
    • ShaunRoot.net
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 10:24:01 am »
It is a great piece of software!  I would love to see this open sourced as well.  Imagine what a team of us could accomplish. 

I agree.

Dire Radiant

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2011, 03:11:36 am
  • Cor, chief!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 10:52:21 am »
I wouldnt really describe this as the "end" of SKJukebox. The software works, accomplishes what it set out to do and as far as I can tell is free of bugs. Any other changes at this point would be adding bells and whistles which isnt really what SKJ is all about. If you want those bells and whistles, why not assemble your team and start from scratch to create a software platform that accepts plugins?

superbigjay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 02:50:03 pm
  • I'll always be a kid...
    • superbigjay website
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:05:28 pm »
I wouldnt really describe this as the "end" of SKJukebox. The software works, accomplishes what it set out to do and as far as I can tell is free of bugs. Any other changes at this point would be adding bells and whistles which isnt really what SKJ is all about. If you want those bells and whistles, why not assemble your team and start from scratch to create a software platform that accepts plugins?

I agree!!
skjukebox is a simple, but really nice software.  The only problem is the occasional song skipping...
But I can live with it...

Jay  :cheers:

SteveS

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2019, 01:34:26 am
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 02:24:25 am »
I wouldnt really describe this as the "end" of SKJukebox. The software works, accomplishes what it set out to do and as far as I can tell is free of bugs. Any other changes at this point would be adding bells and whistles which isnt really what SKJ is all about.

Agreed, the software has all of the functionality it needs.  My only concern is if it will run on Vista.  I don't plan on moving to that OS until service pack 2 but it would a bummer if it didn't work. 

Steve

Dire Radiant

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2011, 03:11:36 am
  • Cor, chief!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 05:06:07 pm »
That's certainly a valid concern Steve but I'd question the wisdom of upgrading your OS at all unless you're using SK on your desktop machine. I cant really see any reason to upgrade to Vista in an arcade cabinet or a standalone jukebox which is what SK is designed for. I can however think of plenty of reasons not to.