Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: If you have a sound card and got it to work in DOS  (Read 2147 times)

Jay

• Trade Count: (0)
If you have a sound card and got it to work in DOS
« on: March 20, 2002, 08:11:53 am »
If you have a sound card and got it to work in DOS please tell me the make and model # and what you did to get it to work. PLEASE

HOW DO YOU GET ANY SOUND CARD TO WORK IN DOS ?

I purchased a Jpac and I can get video perfect for every game however I can't get sound. I will pay (paypal) for anyone how can help me get my SOUND CARD to work in DOS. I can't get ANY sound card to work in DOS. I've been suffering for 3 weeks now... : (

I have a brand new SB 16 PCI and an old SB 16 ISA

I can get them both to work perfect in 98se but nothing in DOS.

Please Please lend me some advise ?  Will the PCI card even work ?

I will buy any soundcard to get this to work. Please help.

Please email ibmkeyboard@hotmail.com

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

johnpurs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2022, 10:59:30 pm
    • John &ampamp; Mad's MAME2000 Cabinet
Re: If you have a sound card and got it to work in
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2002, 08:37:29 am »
The ISA Card will definetly work. I'm not sure on the PCI card though

For the ISA card use the following:

http://www.clok.creaf.com/creative/drivers/sb16awe/sbbasic.exe
http://www.clok.creaf.com/creative/patches/ctcmbbs.exe
Download sbbasic.exe and ctcmbbs.exe from the above links

Extract the files from the archives you downloaded into TWO SEPERATE directories Reboot computer in DOS MODE and go to the directory which you extracted the ctcmbbs.exe file to and type install
Follow the directions on the screen

Now goto the directory which you extracted SBBASIC.EXE to and run install. Your sound should now work fine in DOS

John
MAME2K

Pins:Devil'sDare*Taxi*Meteor*Fireball 2*WC Soccer 94*WhiteWater*Catacomb*FunHouse*Nine Ball*Space Shuttle*Flight2000**SeaWitch*Centaur*Paragon*Big Game*F-14 Tomcat*

creatine28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2012, 03:41:48 pm
  • Which way to the Arcade?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2002, 09:28:40 am »
Hi Jay,

I actually had the same problem with mine, let me see if I can remember what I did??  I remember that I had to change the settings in my autoexec.bat file to first initiate by running the file called SBinit.exe and then I had to set the IRQ to 5,  the weird thing is when sb is run in windows, it says my IRQ was something like 7, I changed it to 5 instead and it worked.  Also everytime I run windows, my computer automatically sets the Sb blaster back to IRQ7 , so I need to change it back to 5 when I want to have it work in DOS again.   I can send you a copy of my autoexec.bat if you like?  Also, I forgot to mention, I'm using a SB16PCI booting straight into ArcadeOS DOS(Compaq 667mhz Celeron), but I can also run Windows98 when needed. I also have another system running the same way with an SB16 ISA booting into ArcadeOS DOS and Win95 when needed.(Older computer 200mhz) this is why I'm running 95.  Both systems are set to boot straight into DOS.

Don't worry about paying anything, I'm glad to help!  I know how fustrating in can be to not have it work, especially after working on it for hours!!
Here's my e-mail: creatine28@yahoo.com

Hope that helps??    

If you have a sound card and got it to work in DOS please tell me the make and model # and what you did to get it to work. PLEASE

I purchased a Jpac and I can get video perfect for every game however I can't get sound. I will pay (paypal) for anyone how can help me get my SOUND CARD to work in DOS. I can't get ANY sound card to work in DOS. I've been suffering for 3 weeks now... : (

Please Please lend me some advise ?

knaack

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2002, 10:34:52 am »
You have to have some lines in the autoexec.bat to work with the soundcard in DOS.  A line or two in the config.sys may be required.  

I have the ISA version and never had problems.  Basically if you get the CD to install it, it will work.  I recall that during the setup from the CD there is some option on installing DOS drivers or something like that.  

desmatic

Download the dos drivers for the sb pci 16 here
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2002, 04:47:12 pm »
Download the dos drivers for your sb pci 16 at my website www.msu.edu/user/jonesdes

The best dos video card to use with mame is the ensoniq audio pci.  The sb pci 16 is my second choice.  You can get an ensoniq audio pci from www.axiontech.com for about $17.  The configured dos drivers for this card are also available at my website.

Please Please lend me some advise ?