Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neil's Donkey Kong Restoration **FINISHED!! 12-28-07**  (Read 114157 times)

arcadefever

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2009, 09:45:05 pm
  • Miami Beach Florida
Re: Neil's Donkey Kong Restoration
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 11:55:18 pm »
 :o

this is an amazing restoration, i love all the pictures of the WIP  :cheers:
and how cool is that, to have your father helping you for that project  :)

very nice  :notworthy:

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2007, 01:10:38 am »
I was wondering about the marquee lighting thing (forgot the fancy name).....it looks very good on the pictures, a lot more even than I had expected. But how about the color ? I always feel LEDs tend to look "cooler" than a "natural white" TL tube. I am asking because I'm really interested in this as a solution for a number of my cabs.

Neilyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2024, 04:15:46 pm
  • what day is it...
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2007, 06:51:57 am »
Level42. I can tell ya it looks damn nice.. Its one of those things thats soo hard to photograph but I can say it (at least behind that dk marquee) looks amazing.. It doest have any blue led tint to it.. It does have a warmer lamp feel to it than what I would think of as an LED light as well.. here are some more pics but again hard to get the true color. These were taken the first night I opened one up and tried it out.

I personally was shocked at how well they did. They produce just enough light that its not too overpowering. I cant say enough good things about the light. It was just what I wanted and helped me to get rid of the 100v lamp that was in there stock from nintendo. So for me it was the perfect choice. Id say try one and if you like it order yourself a few more. I snagged 2 and was very glad that I did.

Neil

ARTIFACT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2018, 12:32:23 am
    • ARTIFACT - my scratch designed & built arcade cabinet
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007, 12:22:23 pm »
yeah randy's LED marquee light is awesome... the best thing to me is that it remains cool for hours! it works great on my cab

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2007, 01:29:37 pm »
Hey Randy are you listening in ?

You should replace the pictures on the GGG site NOW with some of these ! (I'm sure if you send Neil a free unit he will allow you to use the pictures  :D)

The pictures on the GGG site actually scared me away from this product because the light looks way too bright and blue on them....

The thing is, I don't like my marquees overly bright. My Galaxian has a new TL fixture and tube and while playing, the light annoys me because it's too bright. This is probably because I'm quite tall (The top of the marquee is about 5 cm below my eyes....) (Never had that problem as a kid..... ::) )

I guess by chucking in a pot it would be quite easily possible to dim the LED lighting...Can set it to "bright" when not playing and "dimmed" when playing. With some clever tricks this could even be done automaticaly (drop in a coin, marquee gets dimmed.) Randy if you start selling a dim-able NovaMatrix (TM) LED marquee lighting I claim 3 units as payment for the idea  :laugh: )

Sorry for this side-step on the thread Neil, great pictures thanks !!!

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2007, 08:02:20 am »
Not a side-step whatsoever 42! Its a great product and I cant thank Randy enough for putting the time in on putting together such a great light!
Well today is my day off (since i worked 4/10's this week) so I will be fixing the wires on the power supply that were spliced when I bought it and putting the board and monitor to the test today!! Alberts harness came through now im just waiting on Sithmasters package to get here (after he ships it tomorrow) and I will be complete -minus side-art!!

more updates and pics later today

Neil

theCoder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2010, 10:48:47 pm
  • I'll clean up my mess, Honey, when I'm done...
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2007, 09:42:45 am »
I guess by chucking in a pot it would be quite easily possible to dim the LED lighting...
Unfortunately a it takes a bit more than a pot to dim LED's.  You need to use PWM circuitry (high speed on/off of the power) to dim LED's.  Randy has the means to do it though.

Many a lost quarter/hour went into a Donkey Kong machine at my local pizza joint years ago.

Great progress.  This it turning out nice.

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2007, 11:19:24 am »
Well shoot now what.. before I removed this monitor from the cabinet (back when it was still a rastan cab). The problem was when you would turn it on the monitor tube would glow bright in back (like it should) then the screen was just all white. Well now that I have gotten my harness and pcb in I plugged everything in where (I thought) it should go and I flip the power switch and i get... Nothing. I hear the high pitch whine of monitor and a small glow in the tube (nothing like before). I hooked everything up just the way it was before and now im stuck with nothing...

Here are some pictures to hopefully give someone a hint as to whats wrong.. Im really lost now.. is there some sort of swtich that I have to hold in (as if the back pannel were on the machine) or something? Its weird because earlier it would at least light the monitor up bright but now its as if its not doing much. I have tested my voltages and everything seemed fine..

am I plugging everything in properly? dang it.. well I have to run to the bank ill be back in a bit hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Neil

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 11:22:55 am »
I only have one cable plugged into the 9PCPU spot on the power supply and I still have a 10pin cable which I dont know where it goes (in the 3 pictures above in my hand). Maybe thats what im missing? The only power the monitor has as of now is the white cable that plugs into the power supply and then the video cable that goes from the cpu to the monitor board.

Im totally lost

Neil

markrvp

• ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! True Genius!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 14, 2020, 10:19:57 am
  • NFL Expert
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 12:30:13 pm »
Post this question in "Arcade Miscellaneous" and link it to the post with the pictures.

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2007, 12:45:26 pm »
woohoo im a moron. haha was just missing the p10 to p4 cable.. its running like a champ now.. pix to follow.. one question though. is there a way to move the picture up higher even after the pot for v-center is all the way to the right and wont let me move it anymore??

Neil

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 01:44:35 pm »
sure helps when you hook all the wires up eh... hahaha.. oh well no harm done just me thinking.. dangit all this work and now this.. anyway, here is a pic of it up and running.. now does anyone know how to move the picture up about an inch (the v-center button that moves it up and down is already up as high as it will go...). Thanks so much in advance..

man im so excited..

Neil

Kaytrim

• I'm too nice a guy
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2015, 04:11:30 pm
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2007, 02:02:50 pm »
Sounds like a monitor issue.  Head over to the Monitor forum and search on the model of monitor you have.  More than likely they will tell you to do a cap kit.  Nice job getting it up and running though.

TTFN

mcfreak

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2021, 01:55:04 pm
  • Asteroids moving along...
    • Hobby Blog
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2007, 02:45:26 pm »
I moved mine up by moving the magnets that rotate around the neck, though It was a B/W vector so I didn't have to worry about messing up the convergence.  I don't think I would try it myself on a Raster...

Has the monitor ever been capped?  If not, it is worth it... $5 can really make a difference on an old monitor.

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2007, 03:39:59 pm »
You might consider replacing the pot too.

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2007, 04:49:34 pm »
how 'easy' is it to cap a monitor. im scared to death of the thought of discharging this monitor. I have heard from a guy (here on the boards actually) that he did it once and would never do it again haha.. I dunno the thing looks really good actually but im sure a cap kit would help.. anyone near the central IL area want to make a few bucks??

Neil

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2007, 04:59:22 pm »
how 'easy' is it to cap a monitor. im scared to death of the thought of discharging this monitor. I have heard from a guy (here on the boards actually) that he did it once and would never do it again haha.. I dunno the thing looks really good actually but im sure a cap kit would help.. anyone near the central IL area want to make a few bucks??

Neil

Considering you didn't have a problem removing the monitor from the cabinet, I don't think capping the monitor will be an issue. ;)

Just be safe, follow directions, and make sure your probe is grounded before discharging the anode. I'll be doing three monitors once my pin project is out of the way, but the process has been explained thoroughly enough by a seasoned pro, that I am confident it won't be all that bad.

Replacing the caps is the easy part. Just remeber that desoldering braid and flux are your bestest friends.

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 05:15:49 pm »
haha thanks shardian! I may give it a go. A watering hole I visit up north from time to time houses a couple of guys who are in the amusment business.. I may have to head north some weekend and see if they are up for the challenge. Then again its an hour drive north..

I have to give HUGE PROPS to rikitiki here on the boards!! Richard is the nicest guy around. I had a midway logo plate vectorized for him and I (for my ms pacman cab). I got my package in the mail today and I must say This guy is amazing. All of the products came shrink wrapped and packaged so dang well. I ordered the nintendo DK stickers from him as well and they are of the highest quality around!!! I will deffinately hit him up for any other screen printed work I need done in the future. He is absolutely amazing!! thank you so much Richard!!

Neil

mcfreak

• Offline Offline
    • Hobby Blog
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2007, 05:52:50 pm »
I Capped my Asteroids and a friends Rolling Thunder and it was actually pretty easy if you have the monitor schematics.  You are supposed to use some kind of resistor when you discharge but I just used a HV Probe which I think has one built in.  I connected some alligator to one side and then to the chassis and then the other end of the HV probe to a wooden broom handle...  Then followed the rest of the directions.   ;)

What was funny is I was hiding on one side of the cabinet and my buddy was crouching right in front of it... I looked at him and said "Uhh, Hello, 50,000 volts that Jumps and Exploding monitors!!!" He was like, oh yeah, and went and hid behind a car.  All that build up and the Rolling Thunder had been off for a week so it was a big let down. We were expecting fireworks and got nothing.  :laugh2:

Nostalgia

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2010, 06:07:52 pm
  • KLOV Name- descrentl
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2007, 08:20:07 pm »
Looking good Neil. Im almost done as well. I painted it this morning using your code. It looks great. Waiting for my board from Dick Milliken and Im good to go.

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2007, 10:51:45 pm »
I got my board from dick in WA as well!! working like a champ

Neil

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2007, 05:22:20 pm »
Be sure to include Donkey Kong II on this project !

Nostalgia

• Offline Offline
  • KLOV Name- descrentl
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2007, 08:26:42 pm »
Neil, heres some pics of my finished product, besides side art. Your blue looks awesome. Thanks for your help.  I cant wait to see yours!

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2007, 05:12:19 pm »
heck yes Nostalgia that looks beautiful. Glad the color worked out for you as well. I knew it was a pretty close match but didnt know it would turn out almost perfect. I stood there and kept telling the guy  uhh nope not light enough yet umm nope keep trying.. then eventually I was satisfied and it turned out great. Well mine should be finished up this weekend (asides from having the coin door painted up and installed). I got confirmation that Sithmaster mailed out the door and bezel on monday I think so it should be here by this weekend. Once that stuff comes around Ill be all set.. I also ordered some 1/16" black abs plastic sheets textured on one side smooth on the other which is what I plan on putting on my cp and the black bar behind that holds the instruction sticker. We will see how that turns out im really excited to see it.

Nice work Nostalgia and dang you got taht done quick... haha.. you make me jealous I cannot wait to get this thing in the house and fired up so I can give it an evening of playing!!
Thanks for the pics Nostalgia they look amazing!!

Ill update with pics just as soon as I get all my stuff in the mail.

Neil

AwesomeAlbert

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 28, 2014, 12:14:28 am
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2007, 11:28:23 pm »
Looks good, im glad to see everything is coming around for you.  Mine is still in storage. Watching your project really makes me want to take mine out and give it a crack.  I need to fix a boat i bought first (old rundown 1985 bassboat, i love old crap) , I really really need to paint the house, been painting it since i moved in 2 years ago! Too much stuff to do.

Nostalgia very nice arcade collection.  You have my all my favorite cabs ! The arcades look so nice and clean! Maybe someday ill get a move on and restore my dk, and centipede. The guy i got my arcades from had some pacmans/mrspacman cabs there, maybe ill give him a call. I already have 4 cabs (only one works), no more room for more.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 12:22:33 am by AwesomeAlbert »

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2007, 09:14:01 am »
Thats just it if these things didnt take up soo much room id have a few more but dang. I have four cabs now and they take up a large part of my garage.

Well last night I got my bezel and coin-door from sithmaster. Only two things left that I need. A sound cable and the sideart. I ordered some 1/16" abs plastic smooth on one side lightly textured on the other (pics to come soon im at work now). We (my father and I) spent last night cutting it to fit over the cp and the instruction bar below the bezel last night. We used rubber cement to overlay it onto the cab. I didnt have the cp latches on yet so I couldnt finish the CP last night but there is always this weekend. I will post some pics of the progress soon. It shouldnt be too long. I need to clean the bezel up pretty good 20+ years of smoke/beer/whoknows what on it and its going to require some attention. Anyone know whats a good 'gunk' 'sticky junk' remover that will not harm the silkscreened art on the original bezel?

Neil

Nostalgia

• Offline Offline
  • KLOV Name- descrentl
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2007, 05:42:56 pm »
W00t, go Neil! Check yer PM's. Thanks for the compliments. What other games do you have Neil?

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2007, 11:53:40 am »
More Weekend Updates:

Ok, so everything is coming together. I was able to locate some 1/16" abs plastic smooth on one side and lightly textured on the other. For a very good price ($3.50, for a 12"x24" sheet).

I dissassembled the cp which I had built a couple weekends ago.

We then layed the cp over top of the abs and cut out around it.

Traced the holes and drilled them out with our 1 1/8" bit.

I went a little wild with cleaning the holes but it doesnt matter since its not seen after you apply the cp overlay.

We test fit all of our pieces (The abs over the cp and the back instruction bar)

Then drilled out the holes for the sanwa joystick and placed in T-Nuts to make things simpler

I then realized that I had yet to dig out the cp latch strikes. So when I found them of course they were in just great shape. (This is of course after cleaning the left one up)

Cleaned them both up decently.

Then I had to drill out the holes for the carriage bolts that hold the overlay in place. (Camera didnt want to flash)

Counter-sunk some bolts for the latch strikes to bolt up to.

Then used rubber cement on both contact sides. (Back of abs and top of cp). Let it dry awhile then pressed together.

Placed overlay on temporarily. I was not happy with the repro artwork I received for the instruction card so I went ahead and from scratch re-created the card (based on my original dk instruction artwork). I am waiting to get to my parents house to print it out on their dye-sublimation printer. Thats why there is no instruction card artwork in place in any of these pictures. I will be printing it out at a later time.

So we had to put it in place to see what it looked like

Then installed the T-Molding

A few more shots of the cp in place.

Installation of the joystick (I still dont know what way is really up or down since it didnt come with any instructions nor do I know which color wires are which direction. Anyone have any info on that for me??).

Joystick in place

Ok now I have ordered some artwork from all over and I have to say rikitiki from here on the board is amazing. The stuff he produces is absolutely amazing (I just wish I could get him to print me some dk sideart, based on the quality of everything else I have receieved from him)!!
So decal installation

burnish that bad boy on there

Sexy!

Now just need to clean up the bezel. I talked to my friend who painted my midway coin door for me and told him I have another project for him. He told me to bring the parts over today. So I a planning on removing all the hardware I need repainted from all my cabs making note of what goes where and handing them off to him tonight. I cant wait to see these things all repainted. Here is the link to my midway coin door restore http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=69930.0
That is without the logo plate that I had rikitiki reproduce installed. And like I said before his work is amazing the plate I received is 10x better than the original itself.

So ill keep you all updated on the progress here. I think I am going to purchase the side-artwork from quarter arcade sometime this week unless anyone has any DK sideart they want to get rid of cheap hehe..

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

/edit Nostalgia I have a Ms. PacMan cab, Alpha Mission and a gutted battletoads cab (soon to be my mameŠ cab).

Neil
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:10:21 pm by Neilyboy »

Kaytrim

• I'm too nice a guy
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2007, 03:03:37 pm »
This pic is not mine but it will give you the wireing diagram you need for your Sanwa JLF.  Black is the ground wire.

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2007, 03:59:36 pm »
Neil, I love your attention for detail ! That black vinyl under the CP artwork is really much nicer than just paining the wood.

I agree completely, Rich from thisoldgame.com is doing fabulous work ! I hope he finishes the "galaxian"midway coindoor plate really soon, so I can finaly put in my order for some of his great stuff !

Keep those great pics coming ! Are the coin door/metal parts spray painted or is that powder coating. Whichever, you're really lucky to get it done for free !

I guess there is bound to be some interest in your repro instruction card if it turns out nicely !

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2007, 06:06:13 pm »
Kaytrim, Thanks so much man very much apprecaited.

Level42, Richard actually sent me a complete midway coindoor logo plate (since I had the artwork vectorized for him) All I can say is just wait till he puts it up for sale on his site!! It is soooo nice I cant tell you how nice it turned out. Its solid and holes are perfectly positioned for the existing rivets. Ill post pictures on my midway coin door restore page soon (have to go to a family bonfire tonight). The parts are all being sprayed by a great friend of mine who works in a spray shop repairing and rebuilding large ($xx,xxx dollar) paint machines for companies like Mitsubishi.. etc.. anyway I just dropped him off the parts not 20 minutes ago. He says he can have them done in two weeks. Since he cant work on them while he is at work he has to hangout on nights after work to complete them. I can tell ya he does a great job. I cant wait for the parts to come in so I can post some more pics.

Take care man ill update soon.. oh and yea the card.. It looks sweet ill post the complete psd file for anyone who wants it (I did it while I was at work and only spent oh... 2 hours on it hahaha.).

Neil
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:09:51 pm by Neilyboy »

Kaytrim

• I'm too nice a guy
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2007, 08:15:44 pm »
No problem Neil.  For the Kustom Sticks I build that is the most common joystick in use.

TTFN
Kaytrim

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2007, 01:16:53 pm »
Well I ordered the side art this morning (should be here by this weekend im guessing). I put together a list of where everything is from and what I paid for it to kind of keep track of what this project has cost me.

Price Breakdown:
Cabinet [St. Peters. MO] $60 (+~6 hours of driving)
Marquee & CP Overlay [Pulaski, TN] $28+$9shipping=$37
CPU [Oak Harbor, WA] $59+$19.27shipping=$78.27
T-Molding, Bolts, Monitor Cable, Decal [Circleville, UT] $48+$7.75shipping=$55.75
Primer, Paint & Wood [Peoria, IL] $55+$10tax=$60
Wire Harness [San Juan, TX] $25+$5shipping=$30
Bezel & Coin Door [Roselle Park, NJ] $40+$20shipping=$60
Joystick [Lindenhurst, IL] $28.95+$4.60shipping=$23.55
Buttons & Leaf Switch Holders [Mission Viejo, CA] $6+$2shipping=$8
Side Artwork [Philly] $55+$10shipping=$65

Bringing me to a running total of $477.57
Sure its alot of cash but it is in perfect shape and running like a champ.

updates as they come.. its my week to work late 10 hour shifts so I dont get home until about 7pm so I dont know what all I will get done this week but I have friday off so I should have some more updates come this weekend.

Neil

javeryh

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2007, 01:26:21 pm »
Great job so far!  I've always loved the shape of those cabinets and the Donkey Kong art is awesome.  There's no better feeling w.r.t. this hobby then when you play your first game on a newly built cabinet.   :cheers:

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2007, 03:52:22 pm »
Bringing me to a running total of $477.57
Sure its alot of cash but it is in perfect shape and running like a champ.

I don't consider that a lot really. And the feeling of having it restored yourself is priceless IMHO.

:applaud:

neokidgeo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2019, 03:12:39 pm
  • Uncle rico sends his love
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2007, 04:56:05 pm »
Congrats  :applaud: hats off to you neil, I've been watching this thread from the side lines but had to say what a great job you done and it's been a pleasure tuning every few days on your progress.
I'm hopefully going to have a popeye cab in a few weeks so will post a thread on how i get on with it but theres only a few things that i think need doing.
Seeing how cheaply some of the cabs are across the pond is amassing, here in england some cabs are like finding Elvis flying to atlantis on a magic carpet talking to the loch ness monster.

Any ways keep up the great work and a big allo from london  :cheers:
UkVacer

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2007, 06:43:20 pm »
Level42: I agree its been money well spent. If I didn't spend it on these cabs I would waste it somewhere else... bar, or some other junk I don't really need.

Well thank you for the kind words neokidgeo. I personally love seeing restorations. And nothing makes me more excited than watching restoration project announcements fill up with info and images.  So I wanted to make sure I kept a pretty decent picture log of everything I have done. I find myself even reading over my own project log every now and then while I'm at work and still enjoy watching the progress I have made. It makes me laugh to see how this thing was when I got it and thinking back to the day we drove all the way down to Missouri to pick this thing up (going on nothing more than a thumbnail picture that was taken by the first camera phone ever to hit the market haha). Getting there seeing just how bad of shape this thing was in. The only thing this cabinet had going for it was that the monitor was perfect no burn in what so ever. I cant believe how nice of shape this thing is in now after all of the restoration. It makes me excited to start on my next project 'alpha mission' cab.

Anyway thanks again neokidgeo its the compliments that keep me going. I wish you the best of luck with your popeye cab. Hopefully you will snag that cab for a reasonable price.

Take care more updates soon.

Neil

mcfreak

• Offline Offline
    • Hobby Blog
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2007, 09:09:25 am »
You have a talent for restore.  This machine is going to be awesome when you put all the parts in it.  Make sure and take a picture when you first fire it up up with all the components in it!   :applaud: :applaud:

How does the wife like Donkey Kong and where are you putting it when you are finished?  :cheers:

Neilyboy

• Offline Offline
  • what day is it...
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2007, 09:29:31 am »
Thanks mcfreak!! Ill take plenty of pics :). Well the wife on games... hmm... haha she hates them.. But she understands its my hobby. I told her I cant leave these in the garage once I get them restored. She told me I can have a room in our finished basement as my 'arcade room' so I'm pretty excited about that. I'm thinking I may leave everything out of the cab and carry it down by itself and then carry down the power supply and pcb and monitor all separate (since they are so heavy) and then assemble them downstairs.

I went ahead and made a post in artwork section. I recreated the donkey kong instruction card cause the repro work is not even close and left alot to be desired.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=71917.0

enjoy.

Neil

mcfreak

• Offline Offline
    • Hobby Blog
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2007, 10:30:42 am »
Looks great.  My Wife is the same way.  I have a MAME already in the media room and I sold that to her by telling her it was the "Audio Equipment Shelf" so all that would be hidden.  Now I just have to figure out how to move the Tron and Asteroids in the same room without her freaking out.  The first delima is her "Breakfast at Tiffany's" poster is in the way and would need to come down to make room for a cabinet...  Women...   :dizzy: