Main > Forum/Website Discussion

Want a new <insert-subject-here> forum?

<< < (2/6) > >>

shardian:
hehe, no offense meant.

You are right about the support forums, they should be daughter boards of software/jukebox forums. Especially since they are obsolete. To further clean up, the Project arcade forum could be made a daughter board to "Main" - probably even Wiki and website discussion. There just isn't alot of action in any of those.

The main problem with daughter boards though is that most people never even know they are there. They could be made a little more obvious on the front page I suppose.

My problem, along with all of the other detractors, is that more forums just waters down the whole forum area. I'd rather have a screen filled with a bunch of general new posts in "main", then going to 5 different forums to get the same info. Also, the more specialized forums there are, the more newbies will be intimidated from posting.

saint:

--- Quote from: Level42 on August 31, 2007, 02:21:06 pm ---What's the point ? Every idea for a subforum is torpedoed here anyway....

--- End quote ---

Very few forums should get added or it will be too spread out. However, many of the subforums here came from user requests and input. Specifically:

Woodworking
Meetup
Consoles

that I can recall. I believe others evolved from user requests/feedback as well but it's too far back in the ages of time.

saint:

--- Quote from: Level42 on August 31, 2007, 02:52:12 pm ---I mean, I see THREE Jukebox forums...Why are SK Jukebox and UncleTs Jukebox not subforums of the Audio/Jukebox/MP3 forum ? I NEVER EVER visit either of those two...

Same thing for DOS/WinCab and PowerMAME, why are those not subforums of Software ? Never visit these either...

But the bottom line is that it annoys me that every idea is simply turned down in seconds, without giving it a chance for a while....

--- End quote ---

I leave any of these posts requesting forums up for at least a week or two before weighing in myself, specifically so users can get a good chance to discuss it.

The forums you're mentioning above are an entirely separate subject. Those are all support forums requested by the author or someone with a vested interest and are dedicated to a single product. Anyone in a related field who wants one can ask for one and if we agree on some basic rules (basically what's already posted) I'll set it up for them. Requesting sub-forums is a different beast. I'd be happy, for instance, to see a good electrical forum had user demand been there...

--- saint

gatordad:
" I'd be happy, for instance, to see a good electrical forum had user demand been there...

--- saint"

Me Too!

Level42:

--- Quote from: saint on September 04, 2007, 08:11:04 pm ---I'd be happy, for instance, to see a good electrical forum had user demand been there...

--- saint

--- End quote ---

I don't think we can call a poll with 7 (seven) votes representative.

The vast majority of users of this forum never visit this subforum....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version