Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Update:Project found - Back after years, trying to find an old project  (Read 3133 times)

DennisInMN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2023, 02:50:53 pm
  • gunga, gunga ga lunga
Ok, so I've been away from this board for a few years now.  Since then I've mostly finished my cab, I got married and I have 2 kids.  I just turned the big 4-0 last week and my wife threw me a surprise party.  One of my uncles was there and he really enjoyed my MAME cab.  He wants me to build him one so that got me thinking that I need to visit this site.
Returning to this site brought back some memories of other peoples' cabs but one in particular was standing out in my mind.  Quite frankly, I'm surprised his cab wasn't in the stickied thread.  Maybe he never got to finish it.
To give you a time frame, it was 5 years ago now that I quit coming to these forums and he was still working on it.  This person's cab had a space-age look to it.  He had done some really detailed planning for the construction of it.  I think he had a bunch of rendered images of the cab.  I'm thinking that what he was calling it had "Mission" in the name of it.
I know that's not a lot to go on but I'm hoping that some of you regulars that have been around for years can help me out and let me know whatever became of this cab.  I just remember being blown away with some of his images and would like to see the final product, if there is one.

Thanks,
Dennis
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:25:25 pm by DennisInMN »

Bender

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2016, 08:12:21 pm
    • Happ to Tron Conversion tutorial
Re: Back after years, trying to find an old project
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:15:50 pm »
this is a joke right?

this is the most famous thread on here

"mission control" he's still working on it

mpm32

• Cheesecake Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 09:25:14 pm
  • I want to Build My Own Arcade Controls!!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 02:46:40 pm »
Turns out that some of the things he was working on had a voltage spike and put him in suspended animation.  They're still looking for a way to reverse it.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 09:06:32 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 02:48:52 pm »
this is a joke right?

OMG this is exactly what I was going to post.   ;D

Pixelhugger

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 01:36:14 am