Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: pre-project planning question  (Read 2908 times)

vertygo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2015, 03:19:59 pm
pre-project planning question
« on: August 11, 2009, 01:23:28 am »
I'm starting to plan out a 4 person showcase / pedestal machine.

From some of the examples I've seen, the angles of the control panel (where 3 / 4 stand) vary. Now, if the cab isn't that close to the screen, say 5-6 ft, do they actually need to angle, or can it be straight across ?

For straight across, I was thinking of moving the 3-4 controls up to almost the middle of the cp, just to give a little more elbow room.

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
Re: pre-project planning question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 01:42:28 am »
I would go for a straight CP. If you are that far from the screen there is no need for players to be angled, it will also make sure that your joysticks are parallel to the monitor too ;)

I don't think moving the players position futher up the CP will give much more extra room as the players will still be the same distance apart. You definitely want to give enough 'depth' for wrist support though. As normal its prob best to make a mock up and see what works for you.

vertygo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2015, 03:19:59 pm
Re: pre-project planning question
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 05:29:48 am »
Thanks for the reply, just making sure my thinking was on the right track.