Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Is it possible to assign Shift Button + Spinner = Computer Audio Volume control?  (Read 13422 times)

ahofle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
Just curious, did you use the 98 exclusionary method?

Yeah, it uses the global hooks that only work on NT/2000/XP.  Would you like me to recompile with the application level constants WH_MOUSE and WH_KEYBOARD? (I'm not sure how useful this will be if it has to have the focus to work though)  :(  You're also free to have the source code if you'd like to experiment with it.

Also, is there any way to connect the control to the Master volume level rather than the Wave output?

That was my original plan, but microshaft requires about an additional 200 lines of code dealing with mixers and devices to change the master volume as opposed to a single API call to change the wave out volume.  I may mess around with it at some point, but for now just decided to turn up the master and use this to control wave output.

I will post something in the software forum for this as well.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:56:20 pm by ahofle »

urbecrisch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 06, 2024, 08:05:57 pm
  • I was the S**T back in '82
Can you get the program to run in the background on OS upon startup?  That way I don't have to manually run the program and minimize the window.  Is it possible or is running upon startup the closest solution?  Great job by the way!  This is something I've been looking for for a long time.  Thanks again!

ahofle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
Drag a shortcut to cabvol.exe into your startup folder, and then go to the shortcut's properties and select Run: 'Minimized'.  It should then start with Windows and minimize itself.  If I had more time and motivation I would've made it a tray icon, but it wouldn't really have made much difference other than not showing up in the task bar.  I may look into it later.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:13:43 am by ahofle »