Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LuminAudio Engine™ Release - Music-2-Lights for LED-Wiz / LED-Wiz+GP  (Read 59285 times)

metahacker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2024, 03:09:39 am
Re: LuminAudio Engine™ Release - Music-2-Lights for LED-Wiz / LED-Wiz+GP
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2008, 11:51:21 pm »
Hi. Just thought i'd bump this. I got the luminaudio app working but basically it's virtually impossible to get this app seamlessly integrated with your frontend of choice. I hope Randy hasn't given up on this project because the engine is cool.

:)

not impossible :)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=73641.0

drben

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2010, 07:14:13 pm
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 10:20:06 pm »
I'm sure Randy is just busy as are most of us over this time of year.. That being said I would love to see a "Make Default" button on the interface.

I'm using this in my jukebox and that one thing would solve everything for me as it would mean I could just set everything to come on with the jukebox rather than starting windows, running LuminAudio, clicking the appropriate settings and then running the jukebox software.

Anyway.. cheers Randy  :) 
:cheers:

iano

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 15, 2011, 03:39:11 pm
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 11:32:46 pm »
Yes, i know, i thought about building a cab 2 years ago but never got round to it ! I have most of the stuff though. Metahacker has created some ahk scripts which do work but the problem is you see the luminaudio gui momentarily while the script is running which kind of makes the experience seem less seamless with your frontend. Another thing i noticed is when the luminaudio app is killed the color/intensity of the rgb buttons stay at the last frame of animation. I have them set to a default color/intensity while in the frontend - so it would be great if somehow you could get luminaudio to return them to the colors/intensity that they were set to in the frontend.

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2023, 02:00:48 am
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2008, 04:58:56 am »
Yes, i know, i thought about building a cab 2 years ago but never got round to it ! I have most of the stuff though. Metahacker has created some ahk scripts which do work but the problem is you see the luminaudio gui momentarily while the script is running which kind of makes the experience seem less seamless with your frontend. Another thing i noticed is when the luminaudio app is killed the color/intensity of the rgb buttons stay at the last frame of animation. I have them set to a default color/intensity while in the frontend - so it would be great if somehow you could get luminaudio to return them to the colors/intensity that they were set to in the frontend.

I've been waiting for Randy to release a FE friendly version too for a while. I actually intend on adding integration to my LEDWiz plugin. In it's current state I can still run it totally hidden from the user, but I still need it to read/save settings to a file. I guess if worse comes to worse I can directly input the settings into the textboxes programmatically. That's not as difficult as it sounds, but still a config file would be preferable.

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2008, 01:28:59 pm »
I just got my control panel up and running with novagems and ledwiz and boy does it rocks. Please oh please randy make it so we can use this as a plug in for our FE. Love to have Arzoo add this to led blinky so I can use it in Mala!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 10:50:38 pm by bent98 »

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2008, 04:38:35 pm »
Any plans on updates to this Randy?

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2008, 05:13:09 pm »
AFAIK Randy has no interest in releasing this so we can use it in our plugins. Would have been nice though.

The only solution I know of it to use some scripts by AlexDog to integrate them

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=4636

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2008, 06:26:23 pm »
I have had problems where the LuminAudio does not recognize when audio is no longer coming out of the computer so the lights are still illuminated/blinking even though no music is being played.   Kind of annoying since I find that the lights are blinking for hours and hours before I realize it .... then I have to minimize my jukebox application so I can interact with the Luminaudio software directly to reset it.

I like the software though since it allows me to add nice blinking lights to my jukebox ... which was something I had no idea how to do easily before Randy released his app.

Also the price was right .......  :applaud:

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2008, 07:17:55 pm »
AFAIK Randy has no interest in releasing this so we can use it in our plugins. Would have been nice though.

The only solution I know of it to use some scripts by AlexDog to integrate them

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=4636

How would this script work with Mala?

DashRendar

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2015, 05:46:52 pm
  • "Don't get your servos in a twist pal."
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2010, 05:14:43 pm »
Bumpity...

Any official word from Randy if this will ever be integrated into any FEs?
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box 322, Oakview, CA 93022. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2010, 08:29:32 am »
Bumpity...

Any official word from Randy if this will ever be integrated into any FEs?

LEDBlinky has extensive Audio/LED features and is integrated with many FEs.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

headkaze

• Offline Offline
  • 0x2b|~0x2b?
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:30 am »
LEDBlinky has extensive Audio/LED features and is integrated with many FEs.

Yeah really no need to bother with Randy's software anymore.

hogcia

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2024, 07:53:23 am
  • TheFeboJukeBox
    • TheFeboJukeBox Project
its too bad this program never got the "make default" button, I would rather use this than Ledblinky with  my ledwiz :(

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 04:06:30 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
its too bad this program never got the "make default" button, I would rather use this than Ledblinky with  my ledwiz :(

I wasn't aware there were still folks looking for this functionality.  I spent a few hours working on this last night (it's been about 5 years since I looked at it last).  All I need to do is add a command line switch, test it out and it should be good to go.  Will update the thread when this is done.

RandyT

hogcia

• Offline Offline
  • TheFeboJukeBox
    • TheFeboJukeBox Project

I wasn't aware there were still folks looking for this functionality.  I spent a few hours working on this last night (it's been about 5 years since I looked at it last).  All I need to do is add a command line switch, test it out and it should be good to go.  Will update the thread when this is done.

RandyT

Hi randy, That would be awesome! I've tried your software with my new project and it works better for me than anything else out there. It's just so simple to use and it simply works. Once you release the update I will upload my pinball machine running this software, so people can see how awesome it works. Thanks

hogcia

• Offline Offline
  • TheFeboJukeBox
    • TheFeboJukeBox Project
Randy, Thank you for adding that "default button", its just what it need it. Software works like a charm now! Simply set your defaults and next time you reboot, the software will auto-run at startup and remember your settings. Easy, THANK YOU! :woot

I made a video to show you guys...

Brian74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 01:55:58 pm
  • Yep... I built that!!
This will work perfect for my jukebox, thanks Randy!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

thagerty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2020, 11:30:19 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150352.0.html
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2017, 09:55:00 pm »

Is there a program out there with similar audio detection features that allows for audio to trigger keyboard key presses, or similar for controllers?

I want something that will do "keypresses" when specific sounds are detected from a MAME game for example.  I want to use this in my pincab to trigger DOFLinx DOF effects for MAME games.