Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Which came first, the book or the forums?  (Read 13691 times)

Avrus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2011, 09:17:25 pm
  • Canada
    • The Avrus Arcade Project 'Conquest'
Which came first, the book or the forums?
« on: July 28, 2007, 01:07:52 pm »
So I had been browsing for some time on the internet for various arcade cabinets and I was looking at buying a pre-fab cabinet or a complete cabinet.  That's when I came across these forums. :notworthy:

The funny part is, I didn't get the book referenced from the forums I happened to find the book whilest searching Amazon.ca.  :blah:

It wasn't until weaks later I found out that Saint was from the forums, etc etc.   :laugh2:

Anyway, great book.

Agent Davis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2008, 04:14:41 pm
Re: Which came first, the book or the forums?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 02:31:45 pm »
Don't you know, the forums have been here since Al Gore invented the intranet!  How dare you suggest something as arcane as a book exist before the interwebs!   ;D  Haha, in seriousness the forum was around first.  Click on "Old Archives" at the top of this forum and you can see this baby taking its first steps.  You'll find me somewhere in '00.

fjl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2017, 10:14:04 pm
  • Pixels Rule!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 02:25:06 am »
For me, the forums came before the book. I bought the book after I found the forums but not because of the forums. I searched books on creating cabs on Amazon. T'was a good read.  :applaud:

I later found out that the author of the book was the same guy that created this forum.  :dunno ;)

KnightofTruth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2013, 12:51:58 am
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 01:07:12 pm »
I didn't even know there WAS a book - I just found the info through Saint's sig, gonna buy a copy within the next week or so!

garykagan

• No-Edit-Allowed
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2011, 10:56:49 am
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:51:03 pm »
I found the book a year+ ago and bought it.  Didn't check out this forum until a few weeks ago.  Just skimmed it then, reading it all the way through now.  Fantastic book and keeps the pages turning.