Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cruisin' USA in MAME??  (Read 3868 times)

scuzzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2008, 06:54:23 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Cruisin' USA in MAME??
« on: July 28, 2007, 03:35:55 am »
Hey guys, just got hold of a Cruisin' USA cab complete and was wondering if the controls, (steering wheel, pedals and gear shift), can be adapted to MAME?

many thanks on anyone's thoughts . . .

rockin_rick

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2017, 09:20:20 am
Re: Cruisin' USA in MAME??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 06:50:30 pm »
I don't know what you are trying to accomplish, but it would probably cost less to just use a original PCB/HD.  MAME Cruisin' needs mucho CPU power, like a top of the line core 2 duo.

Part 2 - I would think that you can adapt all of that with available products.  If cruisin has a force feedback wheel (I'm unsure), then that may throw a kink in it.

Good luck,
Rick
If I do not respond to your post in a timely manner, feel free to PM me.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 07:02:14 pm »
Id say your better off retro fitting a PC wheel into the cab, and like the previous poster said, Cruisin USA takes alot of CPU power, but if youre gonna run a model 2 EMU or even just play Pole Position, you should be ok
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

scuzzie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2008, 06:54:23 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 01:56:15 am »
Thanks for your replies, what I'm hoping to do is use the Cruisin'USA cab for all the MAME driving games  . . . . I've alrady built a MAME cab with Keybourd emulator etc and was wondering if the original controls in the Cruisin' cab can be interfaced in this way.

thanks

Green Giant

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2016, 06:50:57 pm
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 03:20:52 am »
Another option is a modded xbox or ps2.  There are tons of driving games out there for either system, and they have been used in the past for driving cabs.  Most driving games for mame are old, and the newer games run to slow.  With an xbox or ps2, you could also run the mame games you want along with games from snes, gen, nes, and what not.
"He lives down there in his valley,
The cat stands tall and green,
Well, he ain't no prize, and there's no women his size,
And that's why the cat's so mean"
Toxic Arcade, my first build

SGT

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2023, 08:29:42 pm
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 09:07:55 am »
Thanks for your replies, what I'm hoping to do is use the Cruisin'USA cab for all the MAME driving games  . . . . I've alrady built a MAME cab with Keybourd emulator etc and was wondering if the original controls in the Cruisin' cab can be interfaced in this way.

Another question you may want to find an answer to is whether you can adapt your cabs driving controls with the newest version of the M2 emulator.  It emulates several racing games.  Daytona, Indy 500, Sega Rally Ch., Sega Touring Car Ch., etc...  Also Project64 emulates the N64 version of Cruisin' USA...