Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Want to build a 160 selection wallbox replica with a single page selecting panel  (Read 3149 times)

LHUPA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2019, 01:05:09 am
I have to build with DOSCAB, a skin (replica) of a 70's 160 selection Wurlitzer FW 160 prior to install it physically in a "real" wallbox of this model. - The selector of the wallbox must control all selections operations. - The 160 selections selector has letters as it follows: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - J - K - L - M - N - P - Q - R and the DOSCAB cannot control letters "Q" and "R"! To be compatible with the selector of the wallbox, DOSCAB must control also "Q" and "R". I have built the selecting panel with a single 80 title strips (double) page and settled it to use "0", the higher letter "R" but DOSCAB displays letters "Q" and "R" in the selection display but cannot play the entered selection! What shall I do?, Wich technique I must use to make DOSCAB recognize "Q" and "R" for a 160 selections project?

Thanks!

LHUPA

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
The problem is that you're skipping two letters; DOSCab doesn't know this and thus it still accounts for them in its selection matrix.  Simply not assigning keys to them isn't enough.

The normal solution to this is to map the J button on the screen and panel to BTN_I, the K button to BTN_J, etc.; this obviously only works if you don't enable the selection display, as it won't be fooled.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

LHUPA

• Offline Offline
Thank you very much Chris!

Your help was positive!

After built, the first run of this jukebox in this configuration was successful and all letters has worked good but in the 2nd run DOSCAB has not recognised Q and R - Why DOSCAB has recognized all letters in the first run if really it would not recognize skipped letters in the case of the skipped "I" and "O"? - I will modify the screen and signal it to the dude who has ask this job to me!

LHUPA

• Offline Offline
Dear Chris,

I have done all your suggestions or recommendations and the trouble persists! - I think that is the use of zero. It is the first time that I must build a single (screen) page DOSCAB jukebox in order to use it for a wallbox! - In alphanumeric jukebox skins, the use of zero can be done or not? Simply, a single (screen) page 160 or 200 selections jukebox skin is possible with DOSCAB? I have tried several skins supplied with DOSCAB and I have finally build it with the TEST SKIN the result is stunning and better than all others due to its specific unit structure but the selection problem persists! What shall I do? I must build this skin for a guy!!!!

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
You need to add both UseZero and UseTrackZero to the Selection section of a skin to make this work.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com