Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HANTAREX POLO STAR  (Read 3147 times)

ESDAVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2008, 08:59:55 am
HANTAREX POLO STAR
« on: July 18, 2007, 11:11:10 am »
 :dunno   could any body please give me any information on HATAREX POLO STAR chassis, the fault is the HOT BU2530AW goes s/c this is the second time  it last about a month . there are two chassis the same, this has gone on them both at different times and one is s/c again . I have soldered line drive tx and all suspect connections in line and power and also changed HOT flyback capacitor 8n2.  i suspect it could be going off line frequency ,but nobody has seen it go.   many thanks dave eng from England .

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:04:34 am
Re: HANTAREX POLO STAR
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:25:49 pm »
for the horizontal deflection transistor to blow in quick succession would point towards to either the polypropylene capacitor on the collector or the transistor itself being either underated or a faulty batch,i had a batch of 30 or so faulty bu2530 that read o.k but blow crapless in circuit-i would suggest using a different transistor first,i mean something like bu2532
i guess you have spoken to chris at hantarex technical already
i also know that a crappy cap in the power supply section can cause very strange problems

ESDAVE

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2008, 08:59:55 am
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:10:55 am »
Thankyou for information, no i have not spoke to chris at hantarex technical , will do, and the flyback cap on the HOT collector 8n2 has been changed.  the BU2530AW is a  16A 125W it should be more than capable of  the job. when i find the cause of the fault i will post it . many thanks . dave

emospt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2019, 07:22:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 06:42:36 am »
Hi,

I know this is an old post, but I have the same problem. Could you please help me out and tell me how you solved this repair?

Thank you for your time!

Thankyou for information, no i have not spoke to chris at hantarex technical , will do, and the flyback cap on the HOT collector 8n2 has been changed.  the BU2530AW is a  16A 125W it should be more than capable of  the job. when i find the cause of the fault i will post it . many thanks . dave

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:04:34 am
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 01:48:53 pm »
these chassis you need to shotgun them
all caps in power supply circuit,check hv caps in deflection circuit,east/west correction diodes,fets on switch board,horizontal output transistor and flyback
any one component in those circuits will cause that will short the HOT and FET and you will going around in circles with this chassis forever

I have fixed 5 of these chassis in the last month and they all had the exact same problem, bad flyback, bad 1.5nf 2kv cap, bad HOT, bad IRF630 and a shed load of caps

emospt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2019, 07:22:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 08:50:09 pm »
Thank you for your help and tips!
I will do that, and then feedback herej