Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: (Revised) Ms. Pacman MAME Cabinet FS (Walnut Creek, CA)  (Read 1180 times)

lint

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2008, 02:52:13 pm
(Revised) Ms. Pacman MAME Cabinet FS (Walnut Creek, CA)
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:16:32 pm »
(This cabinet is still available and NEEDS a good home! Make me an offer!)

My wife is finally ready to make me say "I am finally ready to pass on the Ms. Pacman cabinet I built". This is a full sized cabinet with in-tact artwork. This is a used cabinet so there are chips and wear marks, but overall it is in great shape. It has seen many a late night MAMEing it up.

INSIDE
This has a 21" CRT computer monitor in it which is easily removable for moving (it is heavy). I have a 1.5ghz pc mounted inside without the case. I used mounting brakets to mount the motherboard to the inside of the cabinet. HD is also mounted in a cage to the bottom of the cabinet. Everything is nice and tidy. Adequate PC Speakers and a new Marquee light.

OUTSIDE
I have removed the marquee brackets, speaker cover and coin receiver, sanded and repainted with black enamel paint. It is rock hard and looks beautiful. The coin receiver is not hooked up to anything. The control panel is 2 player 6 buttons each. It was custom made at a machine shop from a stock uncut Ms. Pacman control panel plate. I was going for a very stock look. All buttons are black and the control panel is covered in vinyl. It is beautiful. All buttons wired to a USB J-Pac. I have installed a very dark smoked pane of glass that finishes the play area. The whole machine looks very stock and beautiful. New locks front and back. New Black T-Molding. 4 New black corner protectors (not shown). New wheels make it a breeze to move around.

IMPROVEMENTS?
I would say this machine is 95% done. An LCD monitor would be a HUGE benefit as the CRT in it is very heavy. The inside could use some tidying up to the cords and things. Original Back door is very worn and would benefit from a new one being made.

I am asking $500 obo. My whole purpose with this machine was to not turn a classic cab into an atrocity. i think I have accomplished that. This cab could be restored to it's original configuration in the future. No permanent damage has been done. The outside looks wonderfully stock. No keyboard drawers or any of that nonsense. Local Pickup only.

Thanks! -todd
toddmp@gmail.com

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:35:13 pm by lint »

lint

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2008, 02:52:13 pm
Re: (Revised) Ms. Pacman MAME Cabinet FS (Walnut Creek, CA)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 02:36:20 pm »
bump!