Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Experiences filing insurance claims against USPS? *PLEASE MOVE*  (Read 1958 times)

somunny

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2018, 02:22:25 pm
  • Is it hot in here?
Experiences filing insurance claims against USPS? *PLEASE MOVE*
« on: January 12, 2008, 10:20:39 am »
I sold an item on ebay a couple of weeks before Christmas that the post office has apparently "lost".  There was one attempt made to deliver, a notice was left (allegedly) and the tracking number indicates that the package is being held at the local PO.  The recipient has since gone to the PO and they can't seem to lacate the package and it hasn't been returned to me.  Luckily, it was insured for $500 ($60 less than the sale price). 

I'm in the process of filing the insurance claim for the lost item.  Anyone have experiences, good or bad, filing insurance claims? 

edit - Sorry, wrong forum...  :dizzy:

Mr Wilson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2018, 01:24:44 pm
  • it never ends!!!!
Re: Experiences filing insurance claims against USPS? *PLEASE MOVE*
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:26:30 am »
yeah i made a claim for a lost item after i sold something on ebay the post office were good i got a cheque for the fully insured amount  in about 2 weeks this was in the u.k