Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ** ARTIFACT Game Museum ** GIFT: Sketchup plans and... ARTWORK!  (Read 131321 times)

ARTIFACT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2018, 12:32:23 am
    • ARTIFACT - my scratch designed & built arcade cabinet
Re: ** ARTIFACT Game Museum ** GIFT: Sketchup plans and... ARTWORK!
« Reply #280 on: January 23, 2016, 11:08:05 pm »
Hey!!! I replied to your PM today but as you said others may be interested also.

OK so if you wire up a button to the motherboard's POWER SWITCH connectors, in Windows go to power options, and just set the Power button to shut down (gracefully) the PC.

This way, you just tap the button and windows will do its thing and turn off (no holding down, no forced shutdown)
The smart strip then follows by turning off monitor / TV, marquee, LED strips (anything plugged to controlled outlets).

BTW something cool... ARTIFACT is now powered by a modded XBOX (first model) instead of the old PCs that died one after the other over the years since I built the cab almost 10 years ago. Everyone who comes to the house still LOVES the cab. Actually today we had friends over, and the cab was played on a ton.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!! MISS THIS FORUM!!

ARTIFACT

jabsder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2018, 01:25:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • Arcade Cabinet and Retro Mods
Re: ** ARTIFACT Game Museum ** GIFT: Sketchup plans and... ARTWORK!
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2016, 08:35:21 am »
Thanks a lot for putting the plans and artwork online. Your cabinet now has a sibling in Austria. I immediately liked your cabinet when I first saw the thread and decided to build one too. I've made slight modifications but as you can see I stayed close to the original :)

I am also a fan of this Artwork and want to build it also. Is there a way to change the original font "artifact" or in this case " mame"?