Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Kinkos UK/Art Software  (Read 3658 times)

gajaman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2011, 02:50:33 pm
  • The GajaCab is here......
    • The Gaja Project
Kinkos UK/Art Software
« on: April 23, 2003, 03:05:58 am »
Can someone recommend a UK chain that will print CP overlays etc (like Kinkos does in the US).

Also, what software do you guys use for designing this stuff? I've got a couple of photo packages that enable me to manipulate images etc, but I don't have anything that has a scale so I can get the size of the panel and location of joysticks right. I've got photosuite & M$ photo editor and I don't want to have to buy another art package - too many parts to buy already!!

GSXRMovistar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 02, 2023, 07:10:28 pm
  • Gez, this is gonna be expensive!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,148135.0.html
    • CoffeeCade
Re:Kinkos UK/Art Software
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 08:31:40 am »
Try www.photoartistry.co.uk, just had my cp image printed there, great quality great price.

I should have my web site completed this evening so you will be able to see the image I got back from them on that if you want.

Also for creating the images I'd suggest either photoshop for raster graphics and Illustrator for vectors. But these aren't cheap, but I'm sure there are cheaper packages out there that do the same things just not the the same level.

Grasshopper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2023, 07:20:31 am
  • life, don't talk to me about life
Re:Kinkos UK/Art Software
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 05:28:04 pm »
Also, what software do you guys use for designing this stuff? I've got a couple of photo packages that enable me to manipulate images etc, but I don't have anything that has a scale so I can get the size of the panel and location of joysticks right. I've got photosuite & M$ photo editor and I don't want to have to buy another art package - too many parts to buy already!!

A lot of the professional CAD and drawing packages seem very overpriced to me.

I've tried out a number of programs for designing the layout of the buttons and joysticks on my panel, and I've limited my choice to PD or shareware packages because I didn't think it would be worth spending a lot of money on a program that I would only use a couple of times.

By far the best of the free programs I've seen is TurboCAD Learning edition. In fact it's so good that I'm now considering purchasing the full version. It's the only free program I've seen that offers full direct co-ordinate entry, a vital feature in my opinion.

If you're lucky you may see it on a magazine cover disk (that's how I got my copy). However you can also download it from http://www.imsisoft.com/free/

Incidentally, If anyone is interested I have designed 2D TurboCAD models for most of the buttons and joysticks in my possession. They were drawn with an accuracy of greater than 1mm. I have no webspace of my own, so I would have to either email or FTP the files somewhere.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." - Samuel Johnson