Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FINISHED!: Mini Ms. Pac-Man (UPDATE: Galaga) machine (22" Tall) - PICS INSIDE  (Read 32711 times)

melarky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2020, 12:49:22 pm
  • If I could be any animal, I would be a llama
I have been toying with making a small arcade cabinet (smaller than a bartop, but bigger than the other "mini" arcades I've made found at http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=55628.0).

Yesterday I decided to finally cut one out on our CNC machine that is big enough to use a jakks game board and one of those 5" LCDs they make for consoles (I specifically used one made for Gamecube from Intec).

I also used a small joystick from P3America (http://www.p3america.com/pp/851.htm) and 2 regular happs arcade buttons.  The next one I build will just use the jakks joystick (I know they are cheap and flimsy, but I still think they are better than the ones from P3America, and their footprint, once removed from the big case, is not much bigger either).  I also lose the ability to play pole position without their stick since you have to twist the knob to steer.

It's going together really well, and I'm looking forward to finishing this one soon.  If it turns out well enough, we may sell kits of the cabinets (without the screen and jakks board, just the cut out wood and some assembly instructions).  A few people have mentioned that they would be interested.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 02:06:58 am by melarky »

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
Re: Mini Ms. Pac-Man machine (22" Tall)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 03:14:12 pm »
Very cool. I might have to make one of these.

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 03:20:17 pm »
Yeah, it was super fun to put together, and quick too (once we got the tool paths created and it all cut on the CNC machine).  I programmed it to have grooves, so you can just fill the grooves with glue, stick the piece in, clamp together, and let it all dry.  The longest part about it was letting it dry.

Not sure how I'm going to do the artwork yet.  The printing places by me can't do a sticker paper that is big enough to cover the entire side (legal size paper is the biggest they do).  I was thinking of just getting it printed on non sticky paper (but the correct size), using 3M adhesive spray to stick it on, and then getting some spray laquer to protect the art...haven't decided yet.

Would get some from mamemarquees, but would think it would cost more than I want to spend on this little project (I could be wrong, since it's fairly small, it may be worth it, I'll have to check).  Come to think of it though, not sure if they'll even print that stuff since two-bits is so active in shutting down anyone else who prints pac art...

Any suggestions or ideas on the side art?

Neilyboy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2024, 04:15:46 pm
  • what day is it...
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 04:52:00 pm »
Dang this is very cool. Great to see new ideas on building awesome cabs. I looked at the picture first and was like what in the heck.. those are huge pushbuttons then realized just how small this little guy is.

Very cool idea!!

Neil

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 05:25:21 pm »
I figure a kit this size (22" tall) would be easy to cut out on the CNC machine.  I still have to tweek the final tool paths (the back angle piece is about 1/8" too short because I miscalculated based on the grooves I made).  That's an easy fix though, the monitor/bezel area would need to be more generic (I cut mine specific to my LCD screen, but other may want to use something else, might be better to just put a piece of plexi in there or something).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 04:57:52 pm by melarky »

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:23:20 pm
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 06:17:39 pm »
Wow this is sweet.  I can't wait to see it finished with the art and everything.  How thick is the material?   :cheers:

vrf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 13, 2017, 10:11:54 pm
    • Pixelbox
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 09:34:44 pm »
Awesome work. I'm looking forward to to seeing it finished.

It must be like living in a dream to have your own CNC machine....  :)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 10:20:21 pm »
Sweet. I was thinking of building something like this as end tables for the game room with a glass top or something. I'd be interested in a kit instead of making my own though.

MPTech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2023, 06:13:37 pm
  • UltimateArcade completed!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 11:40:05 pm »
That's pretty wild!  nice job.

Curious, what are you using for a PC / Game Box to fit in that cute little thing?
Yea, the buttons look HUGE, but the JS looks almost to scale.

keep us posted on the progress.
MPTech
   Better living thru technology!   ;-)

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 08:42:20 am »
A ps1 lcd would work great in one of these.

MPtech: One of the Jakks tv games. They are easy to hack.

MPTech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2023, 06:13:37 pm
  • UltimateArcade completed!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 11:01:51 am »
"Jakks tv games" That's cool and inexpensive!  2 of my #1 criterion.
MPTech
   Better living thru technology!   ;-)

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 11:36:41 am »
Wow this is sweet.  I can't wait to see it finished with the art and everything.  How thick is the material?   :cheers:

The sides and control panel are 3/4" MDF and the rest is 1/4" MDF.  I used 3/4" so that I could use actual t-molding (I know they make t-molding in smaller sizes, but not with the same range of colors, and it's also better to have the sides a bit thicker because of the grooves I cut into them to make assembly easy.  Those grooes are nothing on these thick sides, but I tried this same cabinet with 1/2" sides, and the grooves were too deep for me to safely cut a t-molding slot).

I thought it would look weirder with the 3/4" sides, but after assembling it, I think it looks fine.  If I would have stuck with 1/2" (that was my original idea), seems like I can only get t-molding in that size in 3 colors (black, white, and blue).  I want to eventually make a pac-man machine this size too (only have the orange in 3/4").

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 11:38:32 am »
Sweet. I was thinking of building something like this as end tables for the game room with a glass top or something. I'd be interested in a kit instead of making my own though.

This particular cabinet wouldn't work very well as an end table (the rounded top on the sides and the marquee top slopes down).  The nintendo cabinet would probably be really cool for that though (nice and flat up top).  You could put a piece of glass on that pretty easily.  I think these would still be too small though for that (only ~22" hight).

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 11:43:36 am »
That's pretty wild!  nice job.

Curious, what are you using for a PC / Game Box to fit in that cute little thing?
Yea, the buttons look HUGE, but the JS looks almost to scale.

keep us posted on the progress.

Yeah, like Shardian said, I'm just using a jakks game board.  I had to do it all over again, I would actually just use their joystick too (the joystick foot print isn't that much bigger than the mini joys I have in there, and they actually feel a little sturdier).  If I could find a better ball top for those joysticks, they would be ideal (have to chop the knob off to get it out, and the knob is also the cheapest feeling part about their joysticks).

Really though, I'm just getting the machine to work for novelty, it's never going to be really comfortable to play on.  The joystick is too small, the screen is at a funny angle, and it's only 5" (not to mention the jakks games are not perfect emulations of the original games).  It's neat and fun to see it working, but I don't see anyone trying to beet their high scores on it any time soon.

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 11:48:11 am »
The more I think about it, it would definately be doable to offer these things as kits.  I can't imagine shipping would be too bad since we could stack it pretty flat, and it's not too heavy (I have no idea though).

For the kits, I would probably just leave the control panel blank (let the person putting it together decide what they wanted to use for controls), and maybe change up the bezel/screen area (possibly have the grooves go all the way back to the edge, and use 2 pieces of 1/8" plexi so people could sandwhich artwork between it and slide it in and out).

I will finish this cabinet before I offer it as a kit though.  Hope to finish soon, I'll update here when I get any more done on the cabinet...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 04:58:29 pm by melarky »

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 03:44:34 pm »
The more I think about it, it would definately be doable to offer these things as kits for around $30 + shipping.  I can't imagine shipping would be too bad since we could stack it pretty flat, and it's not too heavy (I have no idea though).

For the kits, I would probably just leave the control panel blank (let the person putting it together decide what they wanted to use for controls), and maybe change up the bezel/screen area (possibly have the grooves go all the way back to the edge, and use 2 pieces of 1/8" plexi so people could sandwhich artwork between it and slide it in and out).

I will finish this cabinet before I offer it as a kit though.  Hope to finish soon, I'll update here when I get any more done on the cabinet...

Well hurry up! I'm interested...

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 03:06:48 pm »
Sorry for the lack of updates.  I actually did make some progress on this cabinet this past weekend, but not much.  I finished painting it, but now need to figure out what I'm going to do for artwork.

Any ideas on this?  If no ideas come in, I'll probably try what I wrote about above (printing the artwork on normal paper, sticking it to the cab with adhesive spray and then putting a clear coat on it to protect the artwork).

I'll try to grab some more pics when I get a chance.

Kaytrim

• I'm too nice a guy
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2015, 04:11:30 pm
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 04:25:02 pm »
That is what I did for Dad's Bartop only I used photo paper.  You can see the results in my worklog.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=66082.msg683219#msg683219

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 04:43:09 pm »
Your project looks great (I had seen your build process, but missed the delivery photos and details, looks like it was a huge hit).

The only problem with doing it that way is I would have to get some blue paint to match the artwork.  I'm trying to avoid that.  All of the artwork will just be stickers ore some other type of paper applied to the cabinet.  I spray painted the cabinet mostly black, but only the edges of the sides (since it will be covered with the artwork).  The sides, front kick panel, control panel overlay, bezel area, and marquee will just sit on the black painted parts, so all of the color will come from them.

If the cabinet was just a bit shorter, I could use the legal size paper sticker that a printing place by me uses, but it's a little too short.

Kaytrim

• I'm too nice a guy
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 22, 2015, 04:11:30 pm
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 05:27:28 pm »
Your project looks great (I had seen your build process, but missed the delivery photos and details, looks like it was a huge hit).

Thanks, every time I talk to Dad on the phone we talk about it for at least a little bit.  It has been well received.

If the cabinet was just a bit shorter, I could use the legal size paper sticker that a printing place by me uses, but it's a little too short.

Why not have it printed in two pieces then.  I am assuming that it is wide enough.  All you really need is the few short inches at the bottom.  That should be a solid color so the seam wouldn't bee too noticeable.  The way I did mine was printing the artwork so the art overlapped between sheets.  Then I trimmed one sheet to the art, lined it up with the other, and cut through both sheets at the same time.  I was then able to piece the sheets together with little difficulty.  Doable but not ideal.

TTFN :cheers:

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 02:00:34 pm »
Ok, time for an update.  I had painted this mini cabinet black and was getting all of the artwork together to print.  I even had some of the ms pac-man artwork printed and I applied the front kick panel and the bezel/cpo artwork, and it looked horrible.

The artwork was fine, but I am apparently not capable of spraying on adhesive and sticking the artwork down, as I ripped and crinkled anything that could be ripped or crinkled, and it was just a mess.  I decided not to do the side art or marquee and think about how I could fix it.

I finally realized what I am going to do, I don't know why I didn't think of this before.  I am ditching the ms. pac-man art and I will make it a Galaga machine.  Galaga and Ms. Pac-Man had the same machine (steeper slope on the front etc...) and the galaga artwork is way easier to apply (not to mention more available).

I finally got around to taking off the old artwork I applied this past weekend (used a heat gun to try to unstick the glue, it worked ok, but I think I ultimately started baking it on).  I then finished it off with some goo-be-gone type stuff, and then re-sanded all the surfaces, and it's ready for a new coat of paint (just going to re-paint it all black again).

The nice thing about the galaga artwork too is that the side art is not the fill thing, but just those medallion long skinny things that I should be able to print on one sheet to fit the arcade no problem (like I said above, I can get a local printer to print on sticky legal size paper, but that just too short for the full ms. pac-man art, but should be perfect for galaga).

I will take some more pics as I finish this up and update this topic when it's finished.  I had to keep putting this project on the back burner as I finished some other projects that needed more attention, but I would imagine, after I finish it I will be able to cut out some kits and sell them if anyone else wants to make one (again, will have to change the monitor and control panel area, but it should be quick to fix that).

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
Re: Mini Ms. Pac-Man (UPDATE: Galaga) machine (22" Tall)
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 03:24:39 pm »
awesome!  :applaud:

I love this thing.

jbensch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2008, 07:17:14 am
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 12:58:56 pm »
This is fantastic!  I'm working on a scaled galaga set right now (quarter scale) using the bottoms of several 'Sauder' drawer bottoms.  So far, so good.  It's approximately 15" x 6". 

The plan is to use mini-itx and a PS1 LCD with mini HAPP buttons and controls.

I really like your cab, though.  Are you still thinking about selling kits?  I'm definitely interested.

The mdf I'm using is sturdy, but I'm concerned about the end product and it may end up being a DVR/MAME rig next to the tv...

Good luck - can't wait to see the finished product.

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 02:31:56 pm »
yeah, I still plan on doing kits.  I'm not sure how much it would cost to ship these, but when they are all packed flat, it shouldn't be too bad.  Once I finish the one I'm working on, I'll probably finalize the kit tool paths (will get it so the conrol panel is blank, and then maybe come up with something different for the bezel area instead of wood, like 2 sheets of 1/8" plexi or something, then people could sandwhich artwrok between it etc...).  I also have to throw together some assembly instructions, and really sit down and figure out how much it costs me to make these (I'm not looking and striking it rich selling these kits, but I also don't want to lose money doing it.)  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 05:01:34 pm by melarky »

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 11:23:24 pm »
Ok, time for another update.  I have finished painting the little cabinet (got all the old art scraped off, resanded the surfaces that were previously already painted black, then resprayed the whole thing black again).  I am attaching some pics.

Also, I went to cut out a different project on our CNC machine, and when I was jogging the machine over to zero, the y-axis started binding.  This happened in the past, but we fixed it and it hasn't happened in a long time, but now it's doing it again.  It may take us a while to fix it again this time (too many other "real life" time requirements).  So this will push back the time for getting kits available.  I pretty much have it all programmed in (still need to make a few changes that I've already mentioned above), but once the machine is fixed, I should be able to get that done quickly and start getting some kits cut.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 11:25:29 pm »
awesome!

LeedsFan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2021, 06:14:23 am
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2008, 03:41:50 pm »
This kind of thing is awesome! I just saw Leapinlews mini Galaga bartop thread yesterday and it's inspired me to try one too. Although mine won't be Galaga but a different classic game.

The only thing I'm not sure about with your cab is the screen positioning. Will you be able to see the full screen properly? It's almost laying flat as I look at the first pic in your OP.
I know these Galaga/Ms.Pacman cabs were made like that though. Looks like you might need to poke your nose in there to see it properly.  :P

I really wanna see how this turns out. I love this kind of mini cabinet stuff. The woodworking so far is awesome.  :cheers:

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 01:45:30 pm »
yeah, the position of the screen is not ideal, but that is how the commercial ones were oriented.  It's not impossible to see, but it's not the greatest either, but I am really only adding that screen adn jakks board as novelty, I don't think it's ever going to play perfectly, mostly just for show.

I haven't done anything with this lately, just too busy with real life, but hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get the artwork stuff worked out.  That's pretty much all I'm waiting on now.  It should be fun when it's all done.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 03:35:52 pm »
yeah, the position of the screen is not ideal, but that is how the commercial ones were oriented.  It's not impossible to see, but it's not the greatest either, but I am really only adding that screen adn jakks board as novelty, I don't think it's ever going to play perfectly, mostly just for show.

I haven't done anything with this lately, just too busy with real life, but hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get the artwork stuff worked out.  That's pretty much all I'm waiting on now.  It should be fun when it's all done.

Yours is a replica of the original while mine was meant to be playable. As such - I was able to take some liberties that wouldn't be right on a replica such as yours. I don't know that I would even make mine playable... We'll never know since I can't buy kits yet.  :angry:

;)

bvicarious

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2020, 02:07:12 pm
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 04:05:52 pm »
Lookin good, melarky (you're formerly stew_bidasso, right?)! Probably your best decision was sticking with 3/4" sides, I've also been working on a miniature arcade kit and let me tell you - finding 1/4" t-molding and shrinking everything else down isn't  cheap or easy! I see you're still using the p3america joystick, is it really worse than a jakks controller? I went for the joystick by ETI systems and it looks identical, except the hub looks more 'filled in', but it definitely needs gentle use. I wonder if the shaft on a regular happs joystick can be milled down to look more to scale, with a scaled down balltop. Hmm, I wonder..

How wide is your cab? If you were willing to fudge the dimensions of the bezel a little bit, there are some 5"-9" color TVs that might fit in there after being decased.

Anyway I can't wait to see how it all turns out, looks great so far.

grabmyjoystick!

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 02:18:09 pm »
heres my jakks beautie!

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2008, 12:14:13 pm »
I have actually finished this, it looks great, and I just need to take some pics of it and post them here.  My wife made a galaga shirt for my son so he can wear it and "model" in some of the pics to help show a size comparison on this machine (he's just over 1 year old now).

I will probably try to take the pics tonight or tomorrow and get them posted.  If I have time, I'll try to get the CNC machine fixed this weekend, then I can start cutting out kits.  I have to wait for my brother-in-law on the CNC machine though, if he is working this Saturday, we probably won't have time to fix it.

The artwork turned out really nice, it all looks good.  As stated before, the screen angle is horrible for an LCD game.  It's playable, but it's almost like looking at a negative of the screen (i.e. in Galaga, the background is white instead of black).  But like I've said so many times before, it's just for fun, the fact that it plays galaga at all is just a bonus, no one will be playing it very seriously I'm sure (especially with my mame machine sitting next to it, much better to play on that).

Honestly, once I finish taking all the pictures of this little cabinet, I will most likely sell the machine.  If I had a dedicated Galaga machine, I would probably hold onto it, but I don't so it was just a fun project, but I'm more interested in making models of games I actually own (like donkey kong, pac-man, crystal castles, star wars, etc...).  It'll be nice to have pics of it though to show how the kits can be finished out, hopefully I can get some kits cut out soon.

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2008, 12:26:04 pm »
Lookin good, melarky (you're formerly stew_bidasso, right?)! Probably your best decision was sticking with 3/4" sides, I've also been working on a miniature arcade kit and let me tell you - finding 1/4" t-molding and shrinking everything else down isn't  cheap or easy! I see you're still using the p3america joystick, is it really worse than a jakks controller? I went for the joystick by ETI systems and it looks identical, except the hub looks more 'filled in', but it definitely needs gentle use. I wonder if the shaft on a regular happs joystick can be milled down to look more to scale, with a scaled down balltop. Hmm, I wonder..

How wide is your cab? If you were willing to fudge the dimensions of the bezel a little bit, there are some 5"-9" color TVs that might fit in there after being decased.

Anyway I can't wait to see how it all turns out, looks great so far.

Yeah, my username used to be stew_bidasso, that used to be my standard username for forums and such.  I switched it though after my wife got her blog going (she chose the name melarky because it's a mix of our names, MELanie + mARKY).  I'm suprised anyone remembers my old username ;)

I was really worried the 3/4" sides would look "off", but I think it looks fine with the wider sides, and it will be nice to have the wide variety of t-molding options for other cabinets.  I actually bought some 1/2" t-molding a while back in preperation for this project, but now will probably never use it.  I guess it's not a bad thing to have on hand in case I have make a project in the future with 1/2" that needs some t-molding.

I did stick the p3america joystick in there, and I still think the jakks ones are better.  Well, maybe not better, but I would definately say at the very least, they are equal quality joysticks (never thought I would say that about jakks joysticks :) ).  The problems with using the p3america joystick is I lost the "spinner" shaft for pole position steering.  The footprint of the actual Jakks joystick (once you take the plastic casing off) is about the same as the p3america (it's more of a rectangle though, so it's a bit taller than it is wide, but not by much, would have been just as easy to cut out control panel for it).  I'm not sure what to do for the ball top though, you pretty much have to destroy the ball top to get the joystick out, and then to be able to mount it on a control panel, again, you would have to remove it some how.  We opted to just cut the shaft, but there is probably a better way.

I can't remember off the top of my head how wide the machine is exactly, I can measure that when I get home.  I think it's probably like 5" - 6" wide.  I could be wrong on that though, better wait till I actually measure.

It would be cool to have a little decased 5" tv in the cab, but I don't know how well it would fit.  I also don't know how much a little color tv would cost.  I had the LCD screen on hand from a previous project (once I started this project, I actually made much of the cabinet to fit around that screen), but it's definately one of the weaker links in the project.  If I were going to make it really playable, I would probably just change the angle the screen lays at.  It would be fine with this screen if it was angled up a bit.

bvicarious

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2020, 02:07:12 pm
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 04:04:48 pm »
I made a ball top for my ETI joystick by taking a 3/4" acrylic sphere and spraypainting it black with a clear lacquer coat on top. I drilled a slightly undersized hole into it and tapped it onto the shaft. It looks pretty good and I can't wait to try another one with red instead of black. I'll also probably thread the shaft and tap the sphere so they can be interchangeable. I don't have to remove the ball to take the joystick out either, its the same size as the joystick hole, which is covered by a black plastic disc with the rubber dust seal thing underneath the panel.

5" color TVs are hard to come by but I know they're still out there somewhere, second hand and thrift stores are your best bet. A year or two ago I saw them new in the box for around $50, it seemed like every place was liquidating them so they're hard to find now. I know I can get a 5" black and white TV for about $15 at CVS, and I'm dying to make a dedicated mini asteroids cab with one. Or any other mono color game for that matter.

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 02:04:35 am »
Ok, I have some pics of the finished mini galaga cabinet, this project was a lot of fun to finish.

melarky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 02:05:08 am »
here are a few more...

surface tension

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2018, 08:45:48 am
  • feel the tension...
    • surface tension tables
That's fantastic. Even your kid looks HUGE playing it!

patrickl

• I cannot know for certain which will be tastiest
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 27, 2021, 09:25:30 am
  • Yo momma llama
    • PocketGalaga
That's just too cool. I didn't realise it was that small. The clothes the people in your pictures are wearing are cool too  8)

If I were going to make it really playable, I would probably just change the angle the screen lays at.  It would be fine with this screen if it was angled up a bit.
I had to change the angle of the screen in my PocketGalaga too. I had to make it more vertical. Both to make it playable and of course to make sure the PocketPC would fit in. Looks like less of an issue in your case though.
This signature is intentionally left blank

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
awesome awesome!

:applaud:

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:21:49 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge

excellent work! do you, er, um have a better pic of galaga5? maybe a bit more to the right?

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981