Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GameLists: Multiple emuls in same list work-around solution  (Read 154187 times)

SGT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2023, 08:29:42 pm
I thought some of you that have requested to use different versions of Mame or other emulators in one Mala gamelist might be interested in how I did it.  Why did I want to add this?  I use Aaron Giles Radikal Bikers emulator.  This emulator emulates that one game.  I didn't want to have to change emulators in Mala to show a game list with this one game by itself.  I also sometimes like to run different versions of Mame for those games that run better with earlier versions.  I also wanted other combinations like having Tiger Woods Pga Tour in a game list with Golden Tee.   I wanted to run Daytona with the new Model 2 emulator and have it show up in the same list as my other racing games.

The solution involves moving the roms for different emuls into subfolders.  If it is a game that doesn't have a rom, then a dummy rom is added to the sub-folder.  For example, moving all the roms for the new Model 2 emulator to a subfolder.  Then having Mala pass the %path% parameter to a batch file.  The batch file will know what emulator to use based upon the path variable that is passed to it.  The solution does NOT use the "Other Emu Config" section of Mala because that requires different game lists.

Adding games that are not part of the mame.xml is easy to do by adding a few lines to mame.xml.  Anyway, here's how I did it.  Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

1. Create a parent folder for the roms of the non-Mame or other versions of Mame such as:
C:\emulators\other_emus

2. Create a sub folder for every type of emu, for example
c:\emulators\other_emus\m2
c:\emulators\radikalb
c:\emulators\other_emus\pc_games

3. In Mala, add the path parameter to the command line making sure there is a space between the 2 parameters:
Mame Config>Additional>Command line:
%rom% %path%

4. Set a second rom path
Mame Config>Basics>Rom path
Choose Rom path =
Enter the path to the parent folder created in the 1st step:
c:\emulators\other_emus

Important! Click: Search in subfolders

5. Place the actual rom (or create a dummy file with a zip extension if a ROM isn't used) into one of the appropriate folders.  For example, move daytona.zip from the normal Mame roms folder to:
c:\emulators\other_emus\m2
You must not leave a copy of Daytona.zip in the Mame roms folder or Mame will run it instead of the Model 2 emulator.

6. In Mala, refresh the Main Games List.

7.  In the Mame folder, create a Mame.cmd which contains the following for example:

Code: [Select]
if "%2" == "C:\emulators\other_emus\radikalb" goto radikalb
if "%2" == "C:\emulators\other_emus\m2" goto m2
if "%2" == "C:\emulators\other_emus\pc_games" goto pc_games

mame.exe %1
exit

:radikalb
cd ..\radikal
closemul.exe radikalb.exe
exit

:m2
cd ..\m2emulator
closemul.exe emulator.exe zip %1 rar
exit

:pc_games
cd \emulators\pc_games
%1.cmd
exit

8.  In Mala, change the MAME executable to point to the Mame.cmd file that you created above instead of mame.exe.  
Mame Config>Basics>Mame executable
For example:
C:\emulators\mame116u3\mame.cmd
9.  If you want to add other emulators that run games that are not part of Mame, you can easily add them to the Mame xml file by adding (for example)
the following entry for each game to the very bottom of mame.xml:

<game name="Tigerw">
                                  <description>Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07</description>
                                  <year>2007</year>
                                  <manufacturer>EA Sports</manufacturer>
                                  <driver status="good" emulation="good"/>
</game>

A batch file could be written to take the file names in a folder and add the xml entries automatically though the description would have to be manually edited/added.  Year and manufacturer are optional.

Note that refreshing the main game list is usually necessary after changes.  Also note that custom game lists are not automatically refreshed.  For example, if you have Daytona already set to be run by Mame and you change it to be run by M2, the custom game list still points to the old rom location.  It will have to be removed and re-added to get the new settings.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:35:50 am by loadman »

shock_

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2020, 06:23:29 pm
  • In Brisbane, it's GMT+10 all the time.
Re: Mala multiple emuls in same game list work-around solution
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:47:46 pm »
 :notworthy:

I should be able to use this to integrate Daphne and MAME I think.  Nice tip on appending the XML, which suddenly becomes useful with the integrated game list.  It all makes sense!

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:26:15 pm »
I should be able to use this to integrate Daphne and MAME I think.   Nice tip on appending the XML, which suddenly becomes useful with the integrated game list.  It all makes sense!

Shock_,

Yes, I just added Dragon's Lair and it runs and shows up in a game list with other Mame games.

I added the following to mame.xml:

<game name="lair">
                 <description>Dragon's Lair</description>
                 <year>1983</year>
                 <manufacturer>Cinematronics</manufacturer>
</game>

I added a subfolder under other_emus:
c:\emulators\other_emus\daphne

I created an empty text file in this sub-folder and then renamed it lair.zip. I did this because I have Mala set up to only show games with roms.

I refreshed the main game list and made sure it showed up.

I added a Daphne section to mame.cmd:
if "%2" == "C:\emulators\other_emus\radikalb" goto radikalb
if "%2" == "C:\emulators\other_emus\M2" goto m2
if "%2" == "C:\emulators\other_emus\pc_games" goto pc_games
if "%2" == "C:\emulators\other_emus\daphne" goto daphne

mame.exe %1
exit

:radikalb
cd ..\radikal
closemul.exe radikalb.exe
exit

:m2
cd ..\m2emulator
closemul.exe emulator.exe zip %1 rar
exit

:pcgames
cd ..\pc_games
%1.cmd
exit

:pc_games
cd \emulators\pc_games
%1.cmd
exit

:daphne
SET DAPHNE=C:\emulators\Daphne\daphne.exe
cd ..\daphne
if "%1" == "lair" start/wait %daphne% dle20 vldp -framefile C:\emulators\Daphne\vldp_dl\lair\lair.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1
exit

You could actually modify the daphne section above so that you don't have to add a new line for each Daphne game as long as all your daphne txt files are in a sub folder with the same name as the txt file (which mine are not).  I think I will try to restructure my Daphne configuration so that I can use the following:
SET DAPHNE=C:\emulators\Daphne\daphne.exe
cd ..\daphne
start/wait %daphne% dle20 vldp -framefile C:\emulators\Daphne\vldp_dl\%1\%1.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1
exit

Word of caution.  The names of paths in the mame.cmd when comparing with == are case sensitive.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 10:00:19 pm by SGT »

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 12:49:25 am »
Check it out:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:18:51 pm by SGT »

DaveMMR

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2024, 11:49:01 am
    • TeeVee Games
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 04:46:21 pm »
Awe... Some... !

I will try it out this weekend.  Thanks!   :cheers:

CM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2012, 08:59:17 pm
  • The internet?!? Is that thing still around?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 05:11:58 pm »
Is your layout switching angled views of the CP for each game?  My cab's artwork only has top-down CP views.  If you have these for every game .. are they being distributed anywhere?  I must have missed this ...

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 08:38:19 pm »
Is your layout switching angled views of the CP for each game?  My cab's artwork only has top-down CP views.  If you have these for every game .. are they being distributed anywhere?  I must have missed this ...

I'm not sure where I downloaded these from about a year ago. Most are angled like Commando below.  Going through my lists, I finally found one like you are talking about (see Assault screenshot).  Of course I only have about 250 mame roms.  A few have none and therefore default to the background control panel underneath the image.

With the right software, that image could probably be manipulated to look a lot better.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:11:33 pm by SGT »

shock_

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2020, 06:23:29 pm
  • In Brisbane, it's GMT+10 all the time.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 07:18:51 am »
Looks to me like they're normal cpanel images but squished.  In MaLa this can be achieved by GUI » Options » untick "keep aspect ratio" - although beware, this will affect ALL your images, including snaps and videos - so use with caution unless you load a different Layout file for your vertical and horizontal layouts. (If you do that, you can make sure your snap regions are in the right aspect ratio)

Anubis_au

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2023, 10:12:32 pm
  • Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 11:01:27 pm »
SGT, beautiful work. Thanks for such a well documented work-around.

I recently posted a thread re MaLa tree for all the different consoles etc but with this work around that all might be redundant.

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 12:03:02 am »
SGT, beautiful work. Thanks for such a well documented work-around.

I recently posted a thread re MaLa tree for all the different consoles etc but with this work around that all might be redundant.

Thanks man.  A blind hog will root up an acorn every once in a while.

hulkster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2021, 04:27:59 pm
  • HulkaMAMEia is runnin' wild!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 06:26:33 pm »
im trying to follow these steps here...but im having problems getting dragons lair and space ace (my two daphne games) to show up in my main list.  here's my mame.cmd file:

if "%2" == "C:\arcade\emulators\other_emus\daphne" goto daphne

mame.exe %1
exit

SET DAPHNE=C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\daphne.exe
cd ..\daphne
if "%1" == "lair" start/wait %daphne% dle20 vldp -framefile C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\framefile\lair.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1
exit

cd ..\daphne
if "%1" == "ace" start/wait %daphne% dle20 vldp -framefile C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\framefile\ace.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1
exit

help??

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 07:29:55 pm »
Hulkster,

I am assuming you want the Daphne games to show up in a gamelist with other Mame games.  If you only want them to be in Mala, it is much easier to set Daphne up in a separate emulator configuration. 

For the games to show up WITH the mame roms, you need:

1) Add an entry to the Mame.xml file.  To make it easier to maintain, I create an XML file called ADDITIONAL.XML.  I then combine MAME.XML and ADDITIONAL.XML into a COMBINED.XML by using the copy command:
copy mame.xml+additional.xml combined.xml
This way, if your mame.xml is ever regenerated, it will not wipe out your changes.  For each game in ADDITIONAL.XML it needs an entry like this:
<game name="dle20">
           <year>1983</year>
</game>

You must also change your mame settings in Mala, to point to the new xml: COMBINED.XML instead of MAME.XML.

2) You must have a zip file in your C:\arcade\emulators\other_emus\daphne folder.  It should match the game name entry that you add to the additional.xml file.  In this example that would be dle20.zip.  It doesn't have to be a real zip file, just any file called dle20.zip.

3) Configure Mala to use a second rom path to point to C:\arcade\emulators\other_emus and then check off "search in subfolders".

4) You must refresh the main mame game list, by right-clicking and choosing refresh main game list.

Doing these 4 things should make the game show up.  To get it to run, you must modify your batch file to something like this:

mame.exe %1
exit

cd ..\daphne
if "%1" == "lair" start/wait %daphne% dle20 vldp -framefile C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\framefile\lair.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1
if "%1" == "ace" start/wait %daphne% ace vldp -framefile C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\framefile\ace.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1

exit

NOTE: The line above "cd ..\daphne " will only work if the mame.cmd file is in a subfolder (such as Mame) under c:\arcade\emulators

If I were you I would make sure that you can run Daphne manually using the above command structure before going to too much trouble.  The system works well once its configured, but Daphne is probably the hardest for most people to get going because almost every Daphne install I see is different in some way.

Not to confuse things too much, but if you name your frame files to the same name as the game names, you don't have to have a separate line for each game in the above batch file.  You can instead use the %1 parameter:
start/wait daphne.exe %1 vldp -framefile C:\emulators\Daphne\framefile\%1.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:25:12 pm by SGT »

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 08:35:04 pm »
okay...still having problems.  i think it may be because my mame.cmd is not right.  you said before, it should be dle20....i dont know where that came from....i think i just copied from what you did.  mine should be lair.  my frame file is lair, my rom is lair.  everything is lair.  ive refreshed the list but nothing shows up in my mame games list. 

i did the combined thing you did, and it successfully made the combined.xml.  question though, it just stuck the game info at the very bottom of that xml file...so the </mame> tag above the game info.  im not sure what i have done wrong  :banghead:

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 08:49:21 pm »
okay...still having problems.  i think it may be because my mame.cmd is not right.  you said before, it should be dle20....i dont know where that came from....i think i just copied from what you did.  mine should be lair.  my frame file is lair, my rom is lair.  everything is lair.  ive refreshed the list but nothing shows up in my mame games list. 

Dle20 is the name of my rom for lair for whatever reason.  If you can get Dragon's Lair to work with lair as the rom name manually then by all means use that in the cmd file. To get it to show up in the list, you must:

1) Tell Mala to use combined.xml instead of mame.xml
2) Whatever the rom name that you put into the xml (lair or dle20), there must be a corresponding lair.zip or dle20.zip in the alternate rom path which in your case, I assume is a subfolder of C:\arcade\emulators\other_emus
3) You must set a second rom path to C:\arcade\emulators\other_emus
4) You must check the box in Mala to tell it to search in subfolders for roms
5) Then refresh the main game list once again.

i did the combined thing you did, and it successfully made the combined.xml.  question though, it just stuck the game info at the very bottom of that xml file...so the </mame> tag above the game info.  im not sure what i have done wrong  :banghead:

That's not a problem.  Mala ignores that tag and continues parsing the xml file.

Are you able to get Dragon's Lair to work outside of Mala (manually)?  I wouldn't even attempt to get it to work under Mala until you can get it to work manually from a command line.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:53:13 pm by SGT »

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 09:10:53 pm »
okay, i went back over all the steps and made sure i was doing everything you said and ive got everything i think.  i can run dragons lair from the daphneloader just fine....here is the log before i stopped the loading process:

--DAPHNE version 0.99.6
--Command line is: C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\daphne.exe lair vldp -framefile C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\framefile\lair.txt -fullscreen

does that tell anything about file structure...or where i went wrong?

i guess my main problem is getting the game to show up in the game list right now...that should be the easy part.  ive got the entries in the xml file, and mala is pointing to the new combined.xml, and ive refreshed.  what am i missing?  and yes i have the search in subfolders selected.

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 09:27:22 pm »
i guess my main problem is getting the game to show up in the game list right now...that should be the easy part.  ive got the entries in the xml file, and mala is pointing to the new combined.xml, and ive refreshed.  what am i missing?  and yes i have the search in subfolders selected.

Do you have a dummy file called lair.zip in the following folder:
C:\arcade\emulators\other_emus\daphne

Do you have the following entry in combined.xml?:
<game name="lair">
   <year></year>
   <manufacturer></manufacturer>
</game>

Those are really the only two external things that is required for an item to show up in the main game list.  Mala must see the rom name in the XML and it must see the corresponding rom.zip file (not to be confused with the Daphne rom).  If you have already done these things, post screenshots of Mala's mame configuration.

Also in Mala, what are you checking off for games to collect?  I am using:
Only games with roms
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:25:43 pm by SGT »

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 09:42:19 pm »
screens

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 09:43:06 pm »
more

btw....that last one of the additional.xml...thats just to show you whats in the combined.xml at the very bottom.

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 09:51:42 pm »
The only thing I see is where you are using:
Collect "Only Masters"

I would remove that check box and refresh the game list just to see if its causing the problem.  If it is the problem, there will have to be an addition to the XML entry so that Mala thinks the lair.zip is a Master rom.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:05:00 pm by SGT »

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 10:01:13 pm »
The only thing is see is where you are using:
Collect "Only Masters"

I would remove that check box and refresh the game list just to see if its causing the problem.  If it is the problem, there will have to be an addition to the XML entry so that Mala thinks the lair.zip is a Master rom.

i removed the "only masters" thing and refreshed....no dragons lair :cry:

what the heck?!  this seems to be very simple.  im probably doing something really dumb.

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2007, 10:10:09 pm »
We're almost to the bottom of it.

I put a check by "Only Working Games" and refreshed.  My Dragon's Lair disappeared.  Try removing and refresh it just to test it.

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 10:15:59 pm »
Okay.  The xml entry will have to have the following when using "Only Working Games":

<game name="lair">
      <year>1983</year>
</game>

Notice the new entry:
emulation="good"

I don't use that option so I didn't know it was necessary.

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 10:28:10 pm »
okay i put that in there....still not showing up after a refresh.  i also unchecked all the filters (only working games, etc.) and refreshed...still nothing.  are you sure i dont have to put the <game name = "lair> etc etc BEFORE the </mame> tag?

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 10:30:03 pm »
k scratch that...space ace is showing up...but still no dragons lair.  im still looking into it..

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 10:33:17 pm »
I'm positive.  Here's the last part of my combined.xml:

</mame>

<game name="dle20">
<year>1983</year>
</game>
<game name="lair2">
<description>Dragon's Lair 2</description>
<year>1991</year>
<manufacturer>Leland</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="bega">
<description>Bega's Battle</description>
<year>1983</year>
<manufacturer>Nihon Bussan</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="badlands2">
<description>Badlands</description>
<year>1984</year>
<manufacturer>Konami</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="astron">
<description>Astron Belt</description>
<year>1983</year>
<manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="cobra">
<description>Cobra Command</description>
<year>1984</year>
<manufacturer>Nihon Bussan</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="esh">
<description>Esh's Aurunmilla</description>
<year>1984</year>
<manufacturer>Funai</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="galaxy">
<description>Galaxy Ranger</description>
<year>1983</year>
<manufacturer>Bally Midway</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="gpworld">
<description>GP World</description>
<year>1984</year>
<manufacturer>Sega</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="interstellar">
<description>Interstellar</description>
<year>1983</year>
<manufacturer>Funai</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="mach3">
<description>Mach 3</description>
<year>1983</year>
<manufacturer>Mylstar</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="sdq">
<description>Super Don Quixote</description>
<year>1984</year>
<manufacturer>Universal</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="cliff">
<description>Cliff Hanger</description>
<year>1983</year>
<manufacturer>Stern</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="uvt">
<description>Us vs Them</description>
<year>1984</year>
<manufacturer>Mylstar</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="ace2">
<description>Space Ace</description>
<year>1984</year>
</game>
<game name="starfighter">
<description>The Last Starfighter</description>
<year></year>
</game>
<game name="roadblaster">
<description>Road Blaster</description>
<year>1985</year>
<manufacturer> Nihon Bussan</manufacturer>
</game>
<game name="mechatron">
<description>Mechatron</description>
<year></year>
</game>
<game name="gridwars">
<description>Grid Wars 2</description>
<year></year>
</game>
<game name="rogue">
<description>Rogue Squadron 3D</description>
<year></year>
</game>
<game name="feedingfrenzy">
<description>Feeding Frenzy 2</description>
<year></year>
</game>
<game name="minigolfm2">
<description>Mini Golf Master 2</description>
<year></year>
</game>
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:28:27 pm by SGT »

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 10:39:17 pm »
yeah, like i said, space ace is showing up and working from mala.   :applaud: 

however, dragons lair is no where to be found.  ive got both space ace and dragons lair dummy files in the other_emus folder labled "lair" and "ace".  if space ace is showing up, dragons lair should as well.  :banghead:  any more ideas?

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 10:39:54 pm »
k scratch that...space ace is showing up...but still no dragons lair.  im still looking into it..

I'm surprised that Space Ace is showing up.  This is because you are using ace as the game name.  There is already a Mame game with a rom called ace.  That's why when you look at my combined.xml that I just posted; I used ACE2.

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 10:42:21 pm »
yeah, like i said, space ace is showing up and working from mala.   :applaud: 

however, dragons lair is no where to be found.  ive got both space ace and dragons lair dummy files in the other_emus folder labled "lair" and "ace".  if space ace is showing up, dragons lair should as well.  :banghead:  any more ideas?

What version of Mame are you using?  Perhaps your mame.xml is greatly different than mine.

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 10:50:18 pm »

okay so heres whats happened now...i now have two Space Ace files.  one of them is the "ace" game you talked about....and the other shows up as "Space Ace" but when i start it....its really dragons lair.   :dizzy:  i put the two screenshots of the games in the mame snaps folder, and then refreshed the list.  when i went down to space ace, it showed the screenshot for dragons lair.  im so confused beyond belief right now.

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 11:03:34 pm »

okay so heres whats happened now...i now have two Space Ace files.  one of them is the "ace" game you talked about....and the other shows up as "Space Ace" but when i start it....its really dragons lair.   :dizzy:  i put the two screenshots of the games in the mame snaps folder, and then refreshed the list.  when i went down to space ace, it showed the screenshot for dragons lair.  im so confused beyond belief right now.

How about zipping up your combined.xml file and sending it to:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:29:14 pm by SGT »

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 11:28:50 pm »

mame.exe %1
exit

cd ..\daphne
if "%1" == "lair" start/wait %daphne% lair vldp -framefile C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\framefile\lair.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1
exit

cd ..\daphne
if "%1" == "ace" start/wait %daphne% ace vldp -framefile C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\framefile\ace.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1
exit

im sending the .rar file (winrar) over to your email address.

oh and btw, i really appreciate your help!  :applaud:  files are sent, but its bed time for me. 

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 11:34:31 pm »
Your mame.cmd should be changed to:

If "%2" == "C:\arcade\emulators\other_emus\daphne" goto daphne

mame.exe %1
exit

cd ..\daphne
if "%1" == "lair" start/wait %daphne% lair vldp -framefile C:\arcade\emulators\daphne\framefile\lair.txt -fullscreen -blank_skips -blank_searches -preset 1

exit

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 11:50:04 pm »
Used your combined.xml file. Refreshed my Main Game List and it worked fine.  The file in:

C:\arcade\emulators\other_emus\daphne

is lair.zip and not lair.rar, correct?

What version of Mala are you using?  Please email me the Mala.ini file.

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 08:48:02 am »
yep, its lair.zip and ace.zip in the c:\arcade\emulators\other_emus\daphne folder. 

attached is my mala.ini file. 

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 01:24:48 am »
I loaded up your Mala folder that you sent me.  Your Main Game List was corrupted.  When I first loaded it, the only two roms I used were lair.zip and the gorf rom (just to have a normal Mame rom in the mix).  When I refreshed the Main Game List it came up like you reported:

Gorf
Space Ace

I selected Space Ace and right-clicked and chose remove game from list.  I then refreshed the Main Game List and all was well after that:

Dragon's Lair
Gorf

I added the rom and the entry for Space Ace and as you can see from the email screenshot attachment that I sent you, it came up.

Dragon's Lair
Gorf
Space Ace

Please note that I verified that if you check the box to use Only Working Games, every game's XML entry will need to include the following:

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that since there is already a Mame rom named ace.zip; you need to use a different name for Space Ace in both your XML entry, and the name of the dummy rom.  I personally use ace2.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:58:30 am by SGT »

hulkster

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 09:32:40 pm »
okay, im tackling zinc games now.   :dizzy:  the only question i have is for the mame.cmd file.  is the code underneath the directory for each emu, is that like the exe for the emu itself? 

:zinc
cd ..\zinc
???????????????what goes here for zinc
exit

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 09:49:11 pm »
Assuming you use Howard's wrapper like I do:

:zinc
cd ..\zinc
cmd-launch7.exe %1

Please note that with Zinc, no modifications to the XML is required. (I know, you probably already knew that)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 10:06:46 pm by SGT »

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 10:03:45 pm »
Hey SGT

to edit XML do you use just a text editor or something more sexy like...

XML Marker
http://symbolclick.com/

teknomedic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2011, 10:14:11 pm
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2007, 10:07:58 pm »
taggin this post for later.... awesome and thank you!!!!

SGT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2007, 10:08:44 pm »
Hey SGT

to edit XML do you use just a text editor or something more sexy like...

XML Marker
http://symbolclick.com/

Notepad is much sexier than that. :laugh2:

That looks interesting; I'm going to give that a try. Thanks! :applaud: