Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: #^$% SlikStik  (Read 1693 times)

imperfectfreak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 30, 2007, 05:21:01 pm
#^$% SlikStik
« on: June 23, 2007, 02:34:18 pm »
So I figured I would take the easy route and just let SlikStik build my controller, their website says 4 to 5 weeks, long but bearable. I ordered it in early April figuring I would have it by the time summer starts at least. It is now almost July, and I have gotten nothing. I have emailed them many times, often not even receiving a reply. When I do get a reply it is some bull**** about happs being back ordered. They charged my account the day I made the purchase and they have obviously broken their agreement of a product within 5 weeks. Am I right in assuming that this could easily be considered stealing? What can I really do right now? They are not answering my emails at all. Thank you.

destructor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2019, 03:10:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: #^$% SlikStik
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 02:41:55 pm »
Search this forum for SlikStik. You are not first.

XtraSmiley

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 09:29:46 pm
  • Kill the Big Dog
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 02:44:19 pm »
Dude relax, it's not the end of the world (yet!).  They are a slow company, you can read about it here many times.  That being said, I ordered on memorial day and got everything already but the cp itself which should be here in a few weeks.  Forget email, the best way to get the stat is to call them direct at the workshop and ask.  Here you go:  973-447-0951.  Good luck and post your results here.

At least when you get it, you will be super happy!  :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:46:23 pm by XtraSmiley »
hearingprotectionBIGDOG@yahooBIGDOG.com

Kill the Dog man.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 04:44:25 pm »
Or...if you aren't happy with the service you have received thus far,  you are more than in your right to send a letter to cancel your order,  demanding your credit card be issued a credit or a check to be sent to you within a reasonable number of days.  If you receive a negative response you then can file a dispute with your credit card company.  Personally,  I'd send the letter certified mail requiring a signature...makes it hard for the person to say they didn't receive notice.

Simply inform them of your dissatisfaction with the timeframe thus far and their lack of communication as to the reasons for your cancellation.

Take that money and spend it on one of the many companies and/or individuals that can build you a CP AND provide good customer service. 

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Scottk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2023, 11:16:12 am
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 08:30:52 pm »
Not that I am going to defend them, because I have read enough here to know better.

However, I bought a CP blank from them about 2 months ago.
(The CO2)
I don't have the woodworking skills to make it myself, but I wanted to pick and choose
all my joysticks/buttons/spinner/etc.

It was delivered shipped and delivered in like a week.
(I was amazed, as after reading here, I expected a lot longer wait)

So we have to assume the problem isn't the CP itself, but the parts going into it that are
causing your long (LONG) delay.

So maybe they aren't completely full of it, when they say they are backordered on the happs...
(I got my Happs trackball from Andy @ Ultimarc with no problems, and no delay...)

Scott
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 08:33:41 pm by Scottk »

Xam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2011, 11:16:45 pm
  • " Oh my heavens; good gracious. Cro-Magnons."
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 11:01:44 pm »
Slikstik is notorious on these boards for the bad customer service. The rep from the company that frequents these boards, is less than cordial towards critics of his company...needs severe PR training.

That being said, most of the people who order from them are quite satisfied with the product...when they finally get it that is.

Bottom line...good product, bad service.

Xam
Can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being.