Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sorting mame roms?  (Read 1475 times)

8way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2017, 05:52:21 am
  • This is my BOOM stick!
Sorting mame roms?
« on: June 21, 2007, 01:36:05 am »
What im trying to do is just keep the vertical roms from my mame v105 collection. So what im looking for is something like JoyMonkeys VMOVE bat files but for version 105. Is there anything like this, or how would I go about making my own bat file like joymonkeys? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I think im about to go insane trying to figure this out.

NOP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2017, 08:22:27 pm
  • I stole my avatar.
    • winterMAME
Re: Sorting mame roms?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 10:18:29 am »
I'm trying to help you with this issue in the mala list from text file thread, but I think I've just figured out what's going on.

Using ROMLister, you can build a batch file to do exactly what you're trying to do, and it works nicely:

move puckman.zip c:\mame\verticals
move puckmana.zip c:\mame\verticals
move puckmanf.zip c:\mame\verticals
move puckmanh.zip c:\mame\verticals
move pacman.zip c:\mame\verticals
move pacmanf.zip c:\mame\verticals
move puckmod.zip c:\mame\verticals
move pacmod.zip c:\mame\verticals
move newpuc2.zip c:\mame\verticals
move newpuc2b.zip c:\mame\verticals
move newpuckx.zip c:\mame\verticals
move pacheart.zip c:\mame\verticals
move hangly.zip c:\mame\verticals
move hangly2.zip c:\mame\verticals
move hangly3.zip c:\mame\verticals
move piranhah.zip c:\mame\verticals
move abscam.zip c:\mame\verticals
move crush.zip c:\mame\verticals
move crush2.zip c:\mame\verticals
move crush3.zip c:\mame\verticals
move crush4.zip c:\mame\verticals
move maketrax.zip c:\mame\verticals
move maketrxb.zip c:\mame\verticals
move korosuke.zip c:\mame\verticals
move mbrush.zip c:\mame\verticals
move paintrlr.zip c:\mame\verticals
move pacplus.zip c:\mame\verticals
move joyman.zip c:\mame\verticals
move ctrpllrp.zip c:\mame\verticals
move eyes.zip c:\mame\verticals
move eyes2.zip c:\mame\verticals
move eyeszac.zip c:\mame\verticals
move mrtnt.zip c:\mame\verticals
move gorkans.zip c:\mame\verticals

However, it did actually say on the GUI that it found 0 results after the processing was finished.  It did create a batch file though, and when I had it push the results to the screen, I got a huge list.  So, ROMLister is doing what you want, I just need to fix the GUI to report back the number of things it found.

You can safely disregard my message in the other thread.

-jeff!

8way

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2017, 05:52:21 am
  • This is my BOOM stick!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 11:12:00 am »
Im using mame 105 is that before the change in the xml? As I type this im starting to remember something about it changing in 107 as I start to feel retarded. But I did get it working right before you posted by doing exactly what you said, and changing the search string to “vertical”. So in the end it worked out. Thanks for the help. And I had a question about merging the Controls.xml & Catver.ini with new versions of mame. Would those files be outdated compared to the new versions of mame? 

NOP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2017, 08:22:27 pm
  • I stole my avatar.
    • winterMAME
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 01:33:47 pm »
Im using mame 105 is that before the change in the xml? As I type this im starting to remember something about it changing in 107 as I start to feel retarded. But I did get it working right before you posted by doing exactly what you said, and changing the search string to “vertical”. So in the end it worked out. Thanks for the help.

yeah, I don't remember when they changed from plain ole "vertical" to "rotate=90" or "rotate=270", I remembered it being much earlier, but then I don't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, so I am not to be trusted. 
That really could be a new feature for romlister to have the ability of knowing the differences as you step backward in xml outputs, but that is also a a potential nightmare for me too.

And I had a question about merging the Controls.xml & Catver.ini with new versions of mame. Would those files be outdated compared to the new versions of mame? 

They are unfortunately always going to be out of date, but we just have to live with it, or help keep them up to date by working together.  Worst case is that a new game will be brought into MAME, controls and catver won't have entries for them, and therefor if you're trying to key off of any data coming from controls or catver, ROMLister won't catch them.  So it may be best to examine any new MAME entries individually just in case. 

BTW: in case you didn't see it, I sent you a PM with a new version that fixed the "0 results" GUI bug.

-jeff!