Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Saucer Invasion - Upright following Saint's Book  (Read 27184 times)

GAtekwriter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2011, 09:55:44 am
Re: Saucer Invasion - Upright following Saint's Book
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2009, 08:48:32 pm »
Two more images... got the CP wrapped with the t-molding.  It looks yellowish in the photos - probably the artificial lighting mixed with the camera's flash, but it does match the green that I used on the cab...

I also purchased some of the wiring supplies today that I'll be needing this week.  My plan is to get the NovaGems wired up to the LEDWiz first and then get their switches done.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:52:05 pm
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2009, 09:55:58 am »
Looks good!   :cheers:

GAtekwriter

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2009, 10:05:30 am »
Thanks!  Hopefully it will get done well before my 2 year old boy is as old as your daughter... hope she's still enjoying her pink machine that her Daddy built her!

Jim

GAtekwriter

• Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2009, 09:22:02 pm »
Tonight I got all the buttons, joysticks, spinner, and trackball mounted to the CP and then installed the switches for the buttons.  I knew better than to tighten down all the buttons until I got all the switches oriented properly, but these NovaGems, with the extra two wires for the LEDs, sure do require a little extra thinking.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best locations for mounting the LEDWiz and the KeyWiz - advice welcome and appreciated. 

I've got a total of 22 buttons (7 action per player, 2 admin, 2 player selection, 2 coin, and a left and right mouse)... I've got two 12-position terminal strips - I think these will make it easier to ground the LED buttons rather than trying to daisy chain them all over the place... again, any advice here is welcome. 

I understand how to wire up the switches, but I'm going to do the LEDs in the buttons first and keep that wiring clean and "underneath" the wiring for the switches.

Here's some random photos from tonight - I had to install the CP to make sure the wires and electronics fits properly in the box - it sure felt good to see that CP installed even if it's not functional yet. 

Jim

thatitalian

• Don't worry about the chicken, I feed my friends human all the time...
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2018, 10:52:37 am
  • The Revolution Is Coming...
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2009, 05:58:53 am »
Nice job! :applaud: